Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
That is a good idea but I think some musketeers could get pretty angry in PvP. Safely navigating your path across traps, bombs and those Zeena fires kind of downgrade a musketeer and their uses. The traps are placed there a reason, to make it harder for us. And that also goes for the computer, they need some form of toughness.

Keep your ideas coming though
Thank you Golden Guardian- I hear you in that it would go against some of the strategy for musketeers. But it seems equally unfair in PvP that a melee attacker such as a buccaneer would be forced to choose one path (due to movement restrictions not necessarily because of musketeers attacks) to reach a target when another option was clearly available but the arrow won't 'bend' that way. Their success depends on being able to actually reach the target. By having arrow restricted movement, they just have to take the pounding to get to the target, when if the arrow could make one or two change of directions to get to an available tile the damage sustained could be less severe. Perhaps there really may not be happy medium though.

I guess it would be more useful in the main storyline than in PvP. Like against spike traps (or other traps that only damage when your pirate passes directly on that tile) or obstacles that your pirate surely should be able to avoid by going around instead of being forced to go straight through. Seems kind of silly that my pirate has to take 300 points of damage passing through a spike trap to attack an enemy- when if being able to move one tile diagonally would reach the same enemy in the same amount of tiles. For I know I have trained him to be smarter than that in battle.

But I don't want to sound as if I am complaining because it has never effected the outcome in battle. It is merely a suggestion and brainstorming to possibly find a way to be able to diversify battle movement routes.

You have had many a great idea as well, and I like the way that you are always tossing out suggestions on how to make the game better. So, you too keep them coming- and I will continue to take notice.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Golden Guardian- I hear you in that it would go against some of the strategy for musketeers. But it seems equally unfair in PvP that a melee attacker such as a buccaneer would be forced to choose one path (due to movement restrictions not necessarily because of musketeers attacks) to reach a target when another option was clearly available but the arrow won't 'bend' that way. Their success depends on being able to actually reach the target. By having arrow restricted movement, they just have to take the pounding to get to the target, when if the arrow could make one or two change of directions to get to an available tile the damage sustained could be less severe. Perhaps there really may not be happy medium though.

I guess it would be more useful in the main storyline than in PvP. Like against spike traps (or other traps that only damage when your pirate passes directly on that tile) or obstacles that your pirate surely should be able to avoid by going around instead of being forced to go straight through. Seems kind of silly that my pirate has to take 300 points of damage passing through a spike trap to attack an enemy- when if being able to move one tile diagonally would reach the same enemy in the same amount of tiles. For I know I have trained him to be smarter than that in battle.

But I don't want to sound as if I am complaining because it has never effected the outcome in battle. It is merely a suggestion and brainstorming to possibly find a way to be able to diversify battle movement routes.

You have had many a great idea as well, and I like the way that you are always tossing out suggestions on how to make the game better. So, you too keep them coming- and I will continue to take notice.
I think Golden Guardian is right it would make musketeers very angry in pvp if people could safely navigate the traps they place. so I think that is an OK idea but not a very good one. sorry just saying the truth.

- Zoe Nightingale level 65 musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Could you please raise the amount of training tomes you can buy? I realize that it will cause a problem with gamers trying to buy a ton when they are cheaper, maybe only releasing the limit when a pirate is at a level cap? This just seems a much smarter way to spend excess amounts of gold than to buy a pile of treasure and sell it for half loss. When at the level cap, buying tomes to have them ready for when the update happens will still be outrageously expensive but at least it will be usable. So whatcha think oh Powers That Be, the ones who make such decisions?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:

Hey! I have an Idea! It just popped in my head but what if to go in one direction than cut the opposite way your pirate's movement would be cut in half. For instance if you can travel 10 squares than cutting one direction would reduce you to 5 squares of movement. For instance again, if you go three squares than cut directions you would only have 2 squares left to move. If you travel 6 squares than you wouldn't be allowed to cut. Same deal with the buccaneer powers.

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
If any of you have played wizard 101 then you would know there are 6 classes while pirate 101 has 5. the balance class in wizard 101 is a mix of the advantages and disadvantages (I think). so what if it was something in pirate 101 like that. so the way I think this kind of class could work in pirate 101 could be like you can use any weapon very well like any class and you could get the level 1 versions of the skills in the game of other classes, but to get a better version you would have to use practice points. for example you could get both the vengeance strike and the riposte epic ability's in the class, but at the same time you can only get the first version of them and would to upgrade them through practice points (If you wanted to). I honestly don't know what I would call this kind of class maybe something something like the apprentice class (like maybe the arrested thing would be training from the resistance or something like that).

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
The longer I play the pirate game the more I feel a lack of pirating. Mainly the lack of stealing things for our homes. Wizards are little thieves and yet, we humble pirates who "kidnap" daughters and start wars are too honest for that kind of work? Come on! We're better than that. I'm hoping that someday we'll be able to roam the skyways taking whatever we want for our own private treasure piles. I really wanted that golden gobbler statue, and there were lots of things that I felt my pirate should have taken.

In other words: In wizard101 we can pick up various items in locations for our homes, yet we can not do that in pirate. Here's hoping that in the future we can go to various places and pick up items for our homes.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
I love going to tavern cellars because it's always interesting to see my companions down there in a big group. How about a little PVC (player versus companion) bar room brawling while in tavern cellars? The whole set up could be based off of your original fight with Ratbeard in the Kraken Skulls tavern.

You would have a PVP type post added in the cellar and when you click on it it would pull up two windows similar to the epic battle set up. The first window would be for you and up to three of your companions, and the second would be for up to four of your other companions that you wanted to battle against. You would control your companions while your opponents would go back to their NPC/enemy attack logic (like Fin Dorsal, Old Scratch, Sgt Shepherd) and those that don't have that logic would have it added.

I think this would be an outstanding way to kill some time, especially if taverns ever get added to your home. Plus it allows you to field test those companions you rarely see so you can figure out who to keep higher in your order after promotions and whatnot. Plus if you get defeated, your companions could have some smack talk added.

Ratbeard: "Now which one of us did you say was the captain here?"
Bonnie Anne: "Come on Captain, you're better than that."
El Toro: "None can stand before the might of... El Toro!"

And so on.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Mega Pirate on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
If any of you have played wizard 101 then you would know there are 6 classes while pirate 101 has 5. the balance class in wizard 101 is a mix of the advantages and disadvantages (I think). so what if it was something in pirate 101 like that. so the way I think this kind of class could work in pirate 101 could be like you can use any weapon very well like any class and you could get the level 1 versions of the skills in the game of other classes, but to get a better version you would have to use practice points. for example you could get both the vengeance strike and the riposte epic ability's in the class, but at the same time you can only get the first version of them and would to upgrade them through practice points (If you wanted to). I honestly don't know what I would call this kind of class maybe something something like the apprentice class (like maybe the arrested thing would be training from the resistance or something like that).
You are mistaken. there are actually 7 classes in wizard. Death, Myth, Life, Balance, Fire, Ice and Storm. Not to mention the subclasses which are Star, Moon, Sun and now the new Shadow class. In all a total of 11 classes.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Hi i was thinking if there were more staffs and wands that are not put together with a sword or a pistol available for purchase in the skull island bazaar many more witch doctors would use staffs and wands instead of other weapons like swords and pistols.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 62 witch doctor

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
You are mistaken. there are actually 7 classes in wizard. Death, Myth, Life, Balance, Fire, Ice and Storm. Not to mention the subclasses which are Star, Moon, Sun and now the new Shadow class. In all a total of 11 classes.
first off, I have not played it recently or gotten that far and further more this just proves my point that there is bit of a need of more classes.

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
I relize that some of you dont want pets stronger nor do you want to play mini games with them and some might like that, but why not meet middle ground. It could be that you could make them more likely to appear in battle and pay increaseing amount gold to a pet trainer for the pets or something as a second option. making them more likely to appear just means they'll join more battles, but not make them better in the fight it's self and paying gold would make it a time saver for those who don't like the mini games.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Kronosroses on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi i was thinking if there were more staffs and wands that are not put together with a sword or a pistol available for purchase in the skull island bazaar many more witch doctors would use staffs and wands instead of other weapons like swords and pistols.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 62 witch doctor
Is there a Gandolf combo in the game (sword and staff)?

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Mega Pirate on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
I relize that some of you dont want pets stronger nor do you want to play mini games with them and some might like that, but why not meet middle ground. It could be that you could make them more likely to appear in battle and pay increaseing amount gold to a pet trainer for the pets or something as a second option. making them more likely to appear just means they'll join more battles, but not make them better in the fight it's self and paying gold would make it a time saver for those who don't like the mini games.
Pet promotions maybe? That makes it optional, but adds a side quest where you could add another epic to your pets and maybe an additional appearance that fits your flag colors. Like a collar for your crocogator or a saddle for your buffaloon or a colored robe for your wraith thingy.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2014
The only main flaw that i have found in this game is the lack of uniqueness between character companions. Every player gets the same Companions and frankly it gets kind of repetitive. In addition I am sure every player would love if there pirate crew was "there own unique crew." With that in mind, i think it would be epic if the game introduced some way to have your self made pirates as your companions rather than the predestined crew. A player will generally make five characters, one of each class. Each character is unique and loved by the player unfortunately they are separate for ever.

Perhaps a pvp version where instead of your predestined companions your team can be your true pirate crew.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
How about sometime the last battle of the both pirate101 and wizard101 could be your pirate vs your wizard( requires max level wizard and pirate).

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Yar!!! mattey its that musketer who asked for Polaris to be the next world. I have another idea for books 15 and 16. As I said once I think Polaris should be the next world for book15.I also have an idea for book16. I think Darkmoor should be the world in book16. Please get those chapters done soon. From that mysterious musketer.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
Is there a Gandolf combo in the game (sword and staff)?
It's not really called "Gandolf's Set", but there are many Staffy/Stabby and Staffy/Slashy weapons in the game. So yeah there are weapon sets like Gandolf's.

Jacob

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
Regarding the brawling halls if they wanted to make it look like a place where the players looked like they wanted to go into a area of their own I think it would be good if they added doors around the room giving the illusion that there are multiple rooms that the player would go in when playing PVP. when you start battling then the rooms could look like a tavern area of each world, because lets face it each of those taverns look different in each world.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Ahoy mattey its that musketer again.I just want to know how far you have gotten with the progress of books 15 and 16.Just so you know i am geting very very very very very very very impationet.Not to rush you or anything but please hurry up i have been waiting sence last year for the next new worlds.Also I want to tell you who I am(Im only gonna say my avatars name).My name is Dark Andrew Sharp and Im a level 65 musketer and I have cleared all the chapters.PLEASE HURRY UP

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
I think it would be pretty nice if they put a tournament mode in the PVP area. It would be that you could create a competition for back to back battles and go for the trophy to beat the other teams. I do think that if they do they should put a handy cap system or something so that weaker players have a equal chance to win. You could make a team thing or a solo thing.

Ensign
May 01, 2010
the idea I have is a pretty simple fix. I would like the option to decline a companion that is offered to me. one of my pirates has a page and a half of crew and there just are not enough training points to go around. and since the only crew that is guarenteed in every fight is your first mate it makes some battles a bit unfair due to the fact that I cant get all my crew to within three levels of my own. Plus when it comes to promotions I really dont want to have to put out gold to accomish this. not to mention the fact that the higher in level you are the more cost prohibitive buying training points becomes. I figure that there are two ways to fix this one give us the option to decline unless that crew is part of the storyline of course. or give more companion points for side quest. other than that I really love the game. I do think that the ships need crew quarters and captian quarters at least but that is minor at best. thanks for listening. yours truly Bloody Kadija Moone 42nd lvl swashbuckler.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
ship vs ship in the pvp area in skull island there should be a a book with a small ship floating above it you go over there and choose witch team you'd like to fight on and you get to choose your own matches and up to 10 ships per team but the ships are going to be even

1st is the best 2 is the best the rest all go down the drain maybe? no? ok

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
I was thinking ever since I found a ship in P101 that I liked, that we should be able to stitch ships and items that relate. (:

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Skipping the battle moves and stuff. After you make your battle plan you can skip seeing the attacks. Maybe for wizard101 too.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
cyberfang2x on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
The only main flaw that i have found in this game is the lack of uniqueness between character companions. Every player gets the same Companions and frankly it gets kind of repetitive. In addition I am sure every player would love if there pirate crew was "there own unique crew." With that in mind, i think it would be epic if the game introduced some way to have your self made pirates as your companions rather than the predestined crew. A player will generally make five characters, one of each class. Each character is unique and loved by the player unfortunately they are separate for ever.

Perhaps a pvp version where instead of your predestined companions your team can be your true pirate crew.
this would be awesome and fun i hope they add this