Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Okay so... Ratbeard. Catbeard. Why not Batbeard? He could either be a vampire themed pirate captain or maybe a superhero (Batman) themed?

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
Mark places, Easier Access!

It would be cool if we had a marking system, kind of like how Wizard 101 does! Sometimes, I wish that I could mark specific places in other worlds so that I have easier access to dungeons I'm farming in or whatnot after I run errands in other places.

It could even be called "X marks the spot!"

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
More items available for gold in the Crown Shop!

I have maxed out my gold cap many times, and I'm sure it would benefit me and a lot of other pirates greatly if some of the permanent mounts and other items were also available for gold as well as crowns!

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
fishing:
captain aver contacts you to come in his office. he tells you fin dorsal stole his prized gold deck of cards.
you set off to find fin and you find him in a new area in skull cave.
he has the deck of cards in hand and not afraid to get ride of you.
you beat him and as a bribe he gives you a beat up wooden rod.
you give the deck of cards back to avery and he gives you the permission to fish.
there are certain spots you can fish.
each area have exclusive and different fish.

rod - amount to cast - fish(s) worth - price to buy
beat up wooden - 1 gold - 1-5 gold - FREE
copper - 2 g - 2-10 gold - 500 g
silver - 10 g - 20-30 gold - 1500 g
gold - 15 g - 25-35 gold - 2250 g
gold - 20 g - 30-40 gold - 3000 g
legendary - 30 g - 50-100 (with a chance of a rare fish name skalabator = 500 g) - 5000 crowns

SVS
ship vs. ship
battle against other players in a ship battle for a chance of gold, and lots of it.
(opposing player that lost does not lose money)
along with this, new badges and nautical experience.

hope you look!!! arrgh!!! - jamal heath lvl 32 i hope you consider it.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
In response to the gold in the crown shop suggestion, I agree. I had to shed a lot of gold and ended up having to buy another house because I had everything else.

I've suggested this in another thread, but adding a tavern cellar item to the crown shop that is half the price of say class houses and buyable with gold as well (100k gold I think so 50k for the cellar) would make a lot of people happy while adding something people would spend money on. Essentially it would be a small cellar with tavern furnishings, about the size of the Monquista dining hall cellar, and you would be able to store a max of ten companions there.

This would be a good way for people to bench more of their unwanted companions when they have two or three pages of them. Also, it's a good conversation piece when people visit your home and go to the cellar and see that you earned Goronado or bought Prince Yuletide over the holidays. This would be a great thing to implement along with pets and mount placement and lets players show off one of the most common things you can spend crowns on.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2013
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
the benching thing was ok, but can you make it a little easier

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
    i made a HUGE mistake, because i didnt see the color option for you pirate's flag.... Now i have a pink and white flag ....i resently realised you could have changed the colors now when im level 39 pleeeeeeeeeaaaseeeee make a flag dye shop i cant make a new pirate i've worked too hard on the one im curently

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i have an idea. I think we could get a major character of the armada like deacon, bishop, rooke, kane or phule. each class could get a different one like the same class as the or a different one. I think that we could also unlock every member of kane's court in the crown shop for like 8895 crowns or something like that with kane being the most expensive (of course). All this would happen after we fight kane after the game is updated of course.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
yes i have an idea. can you put marleybone and aquila desktop wallpaper on the free download section please?
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson Level 59 witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Sometimes when I get a better ship, I get rid of the other ship. However, sometimes I keep my other ships just to have my own little collection and I like the way they look. I was thinking when our ships are bottled we could have it as decoration in our house.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
It would be awesome and really convenient if we could choose which of our powers to take into battle. Kind of like Wizards 101 where you can choose which cards to put in your deck. Or instead of choosing which powers we want to use, we can choose which powers to exclude, similar to putting a companion to sleep. But really, with all the powers available by the time we get to level 60 it gets really congested. I don't even think it is possible to use everything in a normal battle.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think it would be cool if we could get captain blood as a crown shop companion.
Then we wouldn't need his items just the companion

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
The game gives you companions in some of the side quests, some of the main quests and the crown shop, but what if you could create crew members that are actually your other created characters. this way you could make a sort of crew of your own and use them all in battle with the main created character. I think that it would be most effective if it was that the crew members had the same cloths they have on currently in their game, had their skills and talents they have learned, but always start at level one as your companion and only have the skills that are at their level. for example if the created companion has equipment that gives them a good stats boost that are higher then their level they would still able to be used by them, but on the other hand the character has a skill or talent that is able to be used be used by players that are level 10 or higher and the character is lower then this level of which then this ability would be locked until the character reaches the required level. I also think that it would be nice if you could use option settings to turn this feature on and off.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
insane zane on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
It would be awesome and really convenient if we could choose which of our powers to take into battle. Kind of like Wizards 101 where you can choose which cards to put in your deck. Or instead of choosing which powers we want to use, we can choose which powers to exclude, similar to putting a companion to sleep. But really, with all the powers available by the time we get to level 60 it gets really congested. I don't even think it is possible to use everything in a normal battle.
I would rather have the option to have only 3 powers show up always in battle, similar to our first mate companion. The rest can show up based on how it is now with ones being near the top (low numbered ones) having a better chance of showing up first. Here's a recent topic on this issue: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/massive-pvp-unfairness-8ad6a4154304fe5b0143390050d529ec?reset=1.

Another suggestion, I strongly recommend pirates have the option to change their origin (aka their natural talent) with Crowns similar to the Practice Point Reset System. We don't always make the best choices when we're new to a game and I think this would be a tremendously helpful feature to add.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Another take on taverns and docks as housing items:

At the end of your home entrance, you can buy a tavern housing upgrade. When purchased and equipped, the tavern with familiar tavern sign appears at the end of your entrance/dock with the front entrance acting as a door into the tavern. When you buy it, it comes equipped with a standard bar and three tables plus a tavern cellar.

1. You can set one of your companions as bartender. I'd personally go with Lucky Jack Russell as I don't use him as much now but love his character.

2. You can buy interior design packages such as Santo Pollo layout with the bar in the middle, or Miranda layout with card tables.

3. You can place your arcade machines here, as well as changing wallpaper and floor tiles. Everything else would be interior packages.

4. You can also place a certain number of companions, around 10, in the cellar. However, your cellar cannot be used for promotions.

5. You can name your tavern, similar to the ship naming system. I'd call mine the The Plumber's Kraken.

Now that you have a tavern at the end of your entrance, you can buy a dock upgrade that comes off of the back of your tavern and connects through a back entrance like the private hall in Santo Pollo. There you can unbottle and display 4-8 of your ships.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Hi I really love pirate101 and I have been waiting months for book15,16,etc. Anyway I have an idea for a new world.Well actually I have an idea on what the new world should be called.Why not use a world that has been in I think 2 puppet shows(or maybe it a few more puppet shows) anyway I think the new world should be Polaris.PLEASE I HAVE BEEN WAITING MONTHS FOR ME TO CONTINUE MY ADVENTURE I AM LEVEL 65 AND HAVE BEAT ALL BOOK CHAPTERS PLEASE FINISH WORKING ON BOOK15 AND 16 etc I AM GETTING IMPATIENT From a musketeer who plays the game p.s. HURRY UP

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
EvoTheory on Sep 27, 2012 wrote:
it would be nice to be able to place companions in your housing area, especially for the larger estates to help them feel lived in, and not just an abandoned island. maybe available as a reward for each companions first promotion, or after each companion has seen X number of battles?
i like this idea

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
It's probably been mentioned before, but changing the percentages on companion odds. An option toggle could change the weighted averages we have now - to even odds for all companions. That is from 20%, 10%, 1%, 1% to everyone at 5%. Equal opportunity as it were.

Also, maybe a second or even third mate would be nice. Having two tiers of companions where the two or three favorites each had 33% - rather than the first mate 100% of the time. Then everyone else competes for the last two spots at the usual (or as suggested above) equal odds.

I love Bonnie Anne as my first mate, but having her trade with Sarah Steele and El Toro would be nice without my intervention. Everyone else just has to take their chances. I think it would add some more randomness to our fights.

Ensign
Dec 07, 2013
do any of you remember the pet park(not sure if that's what its called exactly) where you could make your pets more useful and play mini games with them, well I certainly think that there should be something similar for pirate 101. If you could use your pets in something like for pirate 101 you could do something like go from age grouping and then in turn of effect you could make them tougher, maybe bigger to and give them more epic ability's. they could even add something to the whole mini-game concept like not just make the mini games for a single pet ,but also make sorts of pet group mini games for the player or multiple players. For an example there are battles for players, but what if you used your pets as the team instead or maybe like a tag race or something. they could even put a pet breeding thing to make new pets and maybe this time they could use it to mix the pets and ability's into each other (it could work). I bet this would work out really well.

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
I had a cool idea for a new privateer power. The character throws the shield which the player needs to have, like a frizbee and it damages the opponent and also puts it in a new state, unconsciousness. For a random number of turns the enemy(s) hit by the attack can not attack and have a weaker defense.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have an idea that may have been suggested somewhere before but I have not come across it in my readings.

I think it would be a great addition if KI would or could implement the use of Hotkeys. Meaning use numbers 0-9 on the keyboard to quickly equip your favorite weapons, gear, mount, pet or ship. If you had 2 or 3 weapons that you liked to switch back and forth between you could just hit the hotkey # that you assigned the weapon to, without having to open your pirate's backpack and select the weapon tab. Same could go for other favorite pieces of gear. You could assign your favorite mount and pet to one of the #s to equip/unequip the mount and pet. It could be used to unbottle your favorite, current ship.

You could press, say Ctrl-H to open a Hotkey interface panel on the left side of the screen that would display the #s 0-9 and current 'Hotkeyed' items. On the right could be your backpack, in which you could select the desired gear then click on the desired # to attach it to that #.

Or maybe the #s 0-9 could appear at the bottom of the current backpack interface. Same thing as above, you could select the item and then select the #.

If you were to sell a hotkeyed item or place in your bank- that item would be erased from the hotkey it was associated with.

It would also be neat if you had outfits you liked to switch between- you could press Ctrl-Alt-H to bring up an interface with 5 character gear options- you could place gear from your backpack to create 5 different outfit combinations. After assigning, in game you could press Ctrl-1to5 to equip the full set of gear. So for PvP-you could have different outfits available at the 'push of a button' to use against the 5 classes. Although this would 'eat up a lot' backpack space, but maybe the inventory limit could be raised by 20 or 30 spots to account for this.

There are probably issues with implementing this but I know that I rather enjoy this feature that is found on so many single player PC games. The ability to quickly switch between favorite gear and items and outfits- at the push of a button, would be a very welcome addition in my opinion.

Thanks for reading

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
In battle it would be nice to have the option to choose your crew members path when attacking or moving. You can now but it is limited by predetermined or set routes. Many times though this sends your pirate right through a damaging type trap or causes you to pass next to an enemy with a passive attack move (ex. repel boarders) when there is a better path to the target. A lot of times in those instances, the difference in the attacking or movement path to get to same destination is only one square, that would avoid your pirate from taking unnecessary damage.

It would be nice if you could control the path, with the limitations on how far you pirate can reach and available spaces remaining the same. Maybe something could be implemented to where you could click on your crew member and hold the mouse button down then drag the movement arrow to create your own path across the battle board. The point and click predetermined routes option could still stand as the default way of moving. But for those that wanted to, they would have the option to click, hold and drag the arrow square by square.

Many times you take unnecessary damage by going through or next to a trap, with the only way to avoid this being wasting a move or two to get around it. Changing the path by just one square could allow your pirate to avoid this. You would still be moving into squares the game considers available to your pirate- but that one change in direction would allow you to safely pass the trap and avoid extra damage and still reach your target.

Just an idea. Thanks for reading!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think there should be more level 60+ weapons available for purchase in the Skull Island Bazaar. I hate having to go to different worlds to get new weapons for my level 60+ characters

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor

- Dark Amber Dove level 65 buccaneer

- Pretty Helena Davenport level 65 swashbuckler

- Zoe Nightingale level 65 musketeer

- Brave Emily Everhart level 65 privateer

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think the same as atomic sparks. There should be more gold options for items in the crown shop. I hate having to purchase numerous 2000 gold mounts just to have a mount.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
In battle it would be nice to have the option to choose your crew members path when attacking or moving. You can now but it is limited by predetermined or set routes. Many times though this sends your pirate right through a damaging type trap or causes you to pass next to an enemy with a passive attack move (ex. repel boarders) when there is a better path to the target. A lot of times in those instances, the difference in the attacking or movement path to get to same destination is only one square, that would avoid your pirate from taking unnecessary damage.

It would be nice if you could control the path, with the limitations on how far you pirate can reach and available spaces remaining the same. Maybe something could be implemented to where you could click on your crew member and hold the mouse button down then drag the movement arrow to create your own path across the battle board. The point and click predetermined routes option could still stand as the default way of moving. But for those that wanted to, they would have the option to click, hold and drag the arrow square by square.

Many times you take unnecessary damage by going through or next to a trap, with the only way to avoid this being wasting a move or two to get around it. Changing the path by just one square could allow your pirate to avoid this. You would still be moving into squares the game considers available to your pirate- but that one change in direction would allow you to safely pass the trap and avoid extra damage and still reach your target.

Just an idea. Thanks for reading!
That is a good idea but I think some musketeers could get pretty angry in PvP. Safely navigating your path across traps, bombs and those Zeena fires kind of downgrade a musketeer and their uses. The traps are placed there a reason, to make it harder for us. And that also goes for the computer, they need some form of toughness.

Keep your ideas coming though