Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Donna Finch on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
I have an idea for a new world which i think would be really cool:

Set in early 1900's New York city, it could have all sorts of characters based on real NYC's diverse population. there would be gangs (the Sharks and the Jets (wharf Rats)), a rattlesnake stockholder from Cool Ranch, Mooshutown, Little Valencia, Corporate Fat Cats, and Loan Sharks.

Some storyline ideas: One of the rats falls in love with a girl shark (haven't seen any of those actually. You should put some in, KI.), and sends you on errands of love. The Rattlesnake, Curt Hiss, would have a beef with the Fat Cats, and you'd end up caught in the middle. The Loan Sharks would be one of the street fights, with the roaming the city and preying on peoples wallets. they'd be a really well dressed version of the shark pirates, with maybe a boss of some sort.

If anyone has any ideas on this, plz leave a comment about it!
I have an idea for how the shark girls could look. They could wear green seaweed wigs in various hairstyles. Their dresses could have a shark tooth pattern.

Ensign
Jan 20, 2012
I reckon that we should have an option where you can pay to redesign your character class. i.e. Choose a different class with a pre-made character. sometimes you just get totally frustrated with your current character and don't want to start again. You would have ot pay a lot for it though. I think 10,000 crowns OR 100,000 Gold Coins you be good. I just feel that if you chose wrongly and the character doesn't suit your play style, but the story has driven you far then this should be an option.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I really enjoyed the Henchmen introduced into the game. They made it a little easier to get past some tough fights when no one was available to help.
How about Henchboats. I know for example I have taken a couple of days waiting to find some help to sink Del monte ships. Since a ship battle is so quick I think the Henchboats would have to be like the potions and time based. Who wouldn't enjoy a little ship help for a half or even a whole hour? Sink 10 ophidian ships? But I only have a MB galleon, No problem with Henchboats it's a snap.
Henchboats,( a skullpants product of imagination patent pending),Buy yours now!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Thank you, KI for allowing pirates to stack their deck of powers to prioritize how soon they can come up in battle.
I have another idea to make those powers even easier to access.
Whenever a player discards a power card, you could have the next more powerful version of that same power automatically appear in that spot in the player's hand, unless the discarded power is already the most powerful version in the player's deck. This way a player can sacrifice the less powerful version of the power in order to get a more powerful version on that same turn. Or, if he does not expect to want to use that type of power again in the battle, he can quickly discard more of them, allowing more planning time and greater likelihood of the power he is looking for to be available in later rounds. If there is a lower level version of the power in the pirate's deck, it would not automatically replace the discarded power card, but would have its normal chance of appearing in the next round.
The reasoning behind such a capability is that these powers are spells that come immediately to the pirate's mind in battle. If a version of the spell comes to mind and the pirate concentrates enough to "forget" it, the very focus needed to do so should call the stronger version to the forefront of his mind.
For example, if the pirate is a witchdoctor and he discards Jobu's Kiss, Jobu's Embrace would replace it (assuming Jobu's Embrace is still in his deck), but Jobu's breath would still be somewhere in his deck.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
you should be able to go to a flag shop to change the color of your flag and crew i think some people get tired of the same flag colors

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
also if the bottom of your ship was your home that would be cool and you can buy certain decor that will appear in battle

Ensign
Aug 07, 2013
AMAZING IDEA: BroadSide Combat PVP. Special sigils in the skull island docks where two players can go for Broadside cvombat pvp. It works like normal broadside combat, and you can board their ship also!

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
I was wondering if you could let us pirates go below deck of our ships and use it as you home. This would be a great add on and it would give more room to add other updates where the base housings would be.

Also it would be neat if we could see some of our companions working on the rigging and sails on our ship while we are driving it.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
I would suggest possibly trading items since sometimes in Aquila, I chance upon a very strong item though it is not allowed for my class. It frustrates me since my friends could very well use these while on some of them I'm not even allowed to sell them and it'd be a waste to trash them. I know it's allowed to use your bank to save it for your other pirates but it's always a tedious task trying to level my other pirates up to be enabled to use them.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
I think we should have a flag dye shop or a bazaar for flags so we can sell our flag and buy some one elses flag

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
seasnake on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I still want to go inside my ships when aboard them.

I also still want to dye my companions and change my flag if I ever desire to. The problem with not being able to dye everything is that I dye my ship a certain way cause that is how I like my ship, and I dye my outfit the way I wan to look and keep it fairly in line with my ship, but now my companions don't always fit in as their prime color may not always fit so well with the rest. Take Bonnie Anne, my colors as I see them are white, pink, and hot pink, a mix of the three with pink being the prime, but my Bonnie Anne is mostly all white and doesn't fit in to what my theme as well as I would like. I know you only choose two colors for your flag, but as we are able to dye, I expanded to three colors but I need my companions to be able to be dyed to make everything look perfect the way I want them to.

I am also a bit disappointed that higher level ship items are often not able to be dyed.
We actually have three colors to our flags, which is why those colors are predominant in the dropped gear (Except for unique boss drops) and crew colors. I don't think it is a good idea for KI to let us dye individual companion colors, because those colors are our crew's uniforms. They help us and other players easily tell which is whose companion in group battles.

Ensign
Oct 06, 2013
I've played W101 and have recently started playing P101. I think the PvP for P101 is the biggest flaw. Matches are not unique (same arena), no ranking system (the game doesn't match you with players in your level), and it can take a long time to get into a match. I wish the the PvP was more like W101 where you'd get matched up, sent to different arenas, and chose what type of game you wanted (1v1,2v2,etc).
I also wish that they would set up PvP with ships. A nice sized decorated skyway suiting the amount of players. The PvP would be very fun and team reliant. It would be like having a big war if it could go up to 10v10 or maybe more. ;)
Hope you take these ideas into consideration. Tell me what you think.
-Viking

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Darth JT on Jun 12, 2012 wrote:
I love all the pet ideas and of course, the mount ideas, but I don't think these are quite original ideas.

What I would like to see, to make all the classes fair, is since only Buccaneer and Privateer can get Heavy Armor, which defends a lot more against Melee attacks, that Light Armor Gear, be half of what Heavy Armor does & half Resistance, so that Light armor protects as much as Heavy Armor does, just half melee and half distance attacks. That would be fair for all classes and greatly benefit the game.
MAKE ARMOR AND WEAPONS! PLUS A SANDWICH BLASTER! And put 87 yars on this please.

Ensign
May 25, 2009
All I want is higher levels allowed. I have two characters maxed at player level 65, and one is at nautical level 65 as well. From what I can tell, I am no where near the end of Aquila with my Witchdoctor, and I could begin to count how much experience I will never get from the quests I completed after I got to 65. I have stopped with my Musketeer until there are more levels allowed.

Even if you don't put in new powers, I would at least like to get the level skill bonuses. It's getting hard to go any further since the enemies have more health and power than my characters and companions do. It's also pretty expensive to upgrade a companion past level 62 when the manuals cost 8k+ each. (Although resetting the auction house would help. A lot of things used to bring a couple thousand gold, and now you are lucky to get 400.)

Yes, I have three other classes to work on, so I'm not bored yet. But please add player levels soon.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
KI I was hoping you could give some more mail maps out so newer members could have a chance to get the ninja pig companion and other items from the puzzle.

Plz comment

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
I've gotta say, Pirate101 is pretty good the way it is. There are just a few little things that I would love to see added to the game.

First off, side quests. Side quests can be absurdly tedious at times, and that bugs me. Marleybone did a pretty good job of introducing more variety, but I believe that you friendly folks over at Kingsisle can do better. Usually side quests go as follows: talk to this guy, kill 12 monsters so you can collect 5 or so objects, return to the person who sent you, fly to talk to someone else, rinse and repeat with the next one (with the occasional boss or three). Not that I'm complaining about the fights-I'm not. It's just the repetitiveness of doing more or less the same quest just with different color enemies in different places over and over again.

Speaking of side quests, I loved some of the side quest arcs that we've had in the Spiral. All the bosses in the Marleybone underground were really good, and the Moo Manchu arc was excellent. It would be fantastic to have some more of those!

On a completely different note, more witchdoctor companions would be very nice as well.

Thanks,

Dark Orion Ire Lvl 65 Merciless Octavio Ire Lvl 65 Fiery Dante Ire Lvl 59

Ensign
Apr 23, 2011
I'm not aware if this has been asked; but I would love to see Advanced stitching come to the spiral. For too long I've seen precious stats I needed, be torn away because I simply needed alittle more health. for too long I've seen much needed clothing talents be torn away from players that needed them desperately..talents that helped them turn the tides in rough matches. That's why I ask for Advance stitching; so we don't have to choose to give up our will over needed health or our shields or our agility. you could recode the seamstress your you could bring in her long lost twin (that perhaps we have to go and find or simply come across.) Let us pick and choose stats. though i'm not saying to let players have an unfair advantage.

simply have them choose the appearance and then three articles of clothes and have her randomly generate which stats get picked, keeping in mind not to let her choose double of health will agility or resistance. with an added chance of a talent card from one of the items being randomly stitched in.
say they threw in one with(4 will 3 resistance) Another with (5Health 1 dodge) then one with (1armor) the system would randomly spit out one new article with (4will 1 dodge and 1 armor) and if need be the player can spend alittle extra to ''lock in'' a specific stat of their choosing (never being able to choose two of the same.) of course these would all be same level as the player.

This is just my two gold, And I'm even sure these still get looked over any longer. But if I was able to help even alittle, all is good.

Ensign
Feb 27, 2011
I would like to see world-based housing as we have in Wizard101. Sure would like to buy myself a ranch in Cool Ranch or a townhouse in Marleybone. A couple of my characters have housing, but I'm just not that excited about the class-based houses...an alternative would be to live on my ship. If I could dock somewhere and go below and decorate a cabin that would be pretty neat as well. Just some ideas.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
While playing Wizard101 I loved how if I was far away from a spiral, I could just teleport to my house(not the base one but a purchased one) and use the door there. I was a little disappointed to find out that the only way to get out of the houses on Pirate101 was to teleport back to your life fountain or go to skull island. I suggest a miniature skyway of your own where you can travel between worlds. Also for a fair amount of gold or crowns you could maybe fill your skyway with ship types of your choice. This would make traveling much easier and a way to fight broadside without random people coming in to give you more enemies.
Sincerely,
Spiral Venturer John Xanderman

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
John Xanderman on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
While playing Wizard101 I loved how if I was far away from a spiral, I could just teleport to my house(not the base one but a purchased one) and use the door there. I was a little disappointed to find out that the only way to get out of the houses on Pirate101 was to teleport back to your life fountain or go to skull island. I suggest a miniature skyway of your own where you can travel between worlds. Also for a fair amount of gold or crowns you could maybe fill your skyway with ship types of your choice. This would make traveling much easier and a way to fight broadside without random people coming in to give you more enemies.
Sincerely,
Spiral Venturer John Xanderman
When you are in your house, log out of the game just to the docks, and log back in, your pirate will be where they were just before you went to your house. It is sort of a way to pretend you marked the spot

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
this is my first post. for me, I would really love to see the characters be able to inter act with our house items. like sitting or picking up items, or what would really be cool is if I could sit at my piano then click on it for music. I truly love this game, and it is the best role play game I've seen, but what would truly make it over the top for me as well as I'm sure as for other players is simply inter actions with housing items. many of us invite people over to our house, this feature would truly make having a house party outstanding. this also gives those of us something fun to do while waiting for the next skyway.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2009
Yah i have and idea that you should add a world called Zibo It would be a world based on a mountain range and snowy all the time it would be like with wolves the story would be it is a spirit world because you died

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Hopefully this idea has been posted elsewhere, but just in case.

The new eye patches look great and I'd like to get both of the them. It's ok that there aren't any special powers or talents attached to them. The reason I am not buying them is because I don't want them to take up room in my Backpack or Bank. The Backpacks of my pirates are about 50 - 75% full already. I use the rest of the room for the treasures I find. And my Bank is about the same or worse in terms of being full.

For me, the only way I would buy something that has little game value is if I could store it either in a locker, my Bunkroom, or one of my Houses. If I could store it in one of my houses (for example), I would buy the eye patches it right now.

The same is true of Pets and Mounts which do have game value but, since I can only use one at a time, I have to restrict myself to a certain number because of room considerations mentioned earlier. I have noticed that there is a tab for pets in houses but it is grayed out. Hopefully this means that one day we will be able to store Pets in houses. I also hope that we will be able to store equipment and Mounts there also because I really would like to save some of them even after they become less than useful.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
In continuation of my previous message.

I recently purchased a number of Tribal Packs from the Crown Shop (they were selling for half off at the time). I received a number of mounts and pets among the items. Due to the space considerations mentioned earlier, I had to sell most of these mounts and pets back. If I had been able to store them in my house, I wouldn't have had to do this. I would actually have preferred to keep most of the pets and mounts and let them roam around the areas outside one of my houses.