Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here are my favorite companion so far listed below.

1.Bonnie Anne-A great long ranged attacker and a speedy tactician, this is my favorite musketeer. Given 2 double taps and double burst fire as an ability. All I can say to a clockwork out there is bull's eye.

2.Hawkules - This companion is legendary for it's powers and strength.In my opinon a great tank and attack team. With double relentless and double blade storm combo,this is one legendary companion.

3.Goronado- It's worth battleing skull island's final boss.This is a powerhouse companion and make a great tank.With double relentless and blade storm ability,this is one companion force to be reckon with.

4. El Toro- Now this is a great companion to use.Powerful and speedy at the same time.If it's given double relentless and double repose, this could turn the tides around in your pirate character's favor.

5. Sarah Steel- Speedy and sneaky.This companion make a great tactical attack.

Thanks for reading- Mariaim

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Lord Philliam on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
My favourite is probably Ratbeard....

Black Scott Kent 18
Edward Heath 11 - Former Prime Minster of the UK....
Ratbeard Ratbeard he's our man ( rat?)!!!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
AngryBirdsWorld1 on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
My favorite companion is Subodai -

Once when I was in a jail,
Trying to bail.
I stumbled across
A fellow horse.
He said "Let me free,"
And ill fight by your knee.

Silly Noah Underwood - Level 56
Nice poetry!

Brave Alexandra Armstrong Level 13 ( I think)

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
Hmmmm... It's quite hard to chose just one so....

Buccaneer : A 3-way tie between: Peter Quint, Baar, and Hawkules, though Baar has proven to be the best competitive companion.... Ever..

Swashbuckler : Kobe Yojimbo hands down. Better than El Torowith better stats and I THINK more epics, also nostalgia because he was my first ever starter. Also: I hate El Toro

Musketeer : Bonnie Anne, not only because she is OP, but also for nostalgia and such. Also she is a Fox.
(What Does The Fox Say flashbacks)

Privateer : Catbeard. High Attack, high Health, good abilities, what else could you want? Also: he is a crit god when you raise his will. Keep Dem Sardines Flyin'!

Last and my least favorite class:

Witchdoctor : Carcarius Grimtooth, because he looks cool, and the only witch doctor that I don't hate.

Also, I don't hate witchdoctors for their abilities in combat: I hat them because I don't like the concept of witchdoctors and I don't like their abilities.

Lucas Dodger
Jack Easton

See Ye in PVP!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
MagicCookie9 on May 1, 2015 wrote:
Hmmmm... It's quite hard to chose just one so....

Buccaneer : A 3-way tie between: Peter Quint, Baar, and Hawkules, though Baar has proven to be the best competitive companion.... Ever..

Swashbuckler : Kobe Yojimbo hands down. Better than El Torowith better stats and I THINK more epics, also nostalgia because he was my first ever starter. Also: I hate El Toro

Musketeer : Bonnie Anne, not only because she is OP, but also for nostalgia and such. Also she is a Fox.
(What Does The Fox Say flashbacks)

Privateer : Catbeard. High Attack, high Health, good abilities, what else could you want? Also: he is a crit god when you raise his will. Keep Dem Sardines Flyin'!

Last and my least favorite class:

Witchdoctor : Carcarius Grimtooth, because he looks cool, and the only witch doctor that I don't hate.

Also, I don't hate witchdoctors for their abilities in combat: I hat them because I don't like the concept of witchdoctors and I don't like their abilities.

Lucas Dodger
Jack Easton

See Ye in PVP!
Well your comment on Witch's was quite a slap in the face. -_- Is it because our "Hoodoo" is based off of a type of black magic, "Voodoo"?

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
TheHoodooQueen on May 1, 2015 wrote:
Well your comment on Witch's was quite a slap in the face. -_- Is it because our "Hoodoo" is based off of a type of black magic, "Voodoo"?

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27
I am sorry I offended you, and no that is not why I posted that. its just my personal opinion. I would have pointed out one other class I didn't like but i didn't know there were any witchdoctors active on this feed. Sorry Inari XD

Lucas D.
Jack E.

Also I personally don't like fighting them because it is uneventful and your abilities rarely come off on them...
Unless its Hoodoo Cornelius

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
Also everyone has a least favorite class. Mine just happens to be that one. Once again I am sorry for offending you. and its not that i don't like the class, its just the companions. I don't really like fighting them or how they look.
Personal preference bro.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
i love Masamune Goto he is a AWESOME bull companion also i am now a petty officer

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
my favorite is definitely the monkey king- I got him in Mooshu when I was level 51, and he's AMAZING! Otherwise, I would definitely go for twice-promoted Kan Po with Relentless2 and Riposte2.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
my team for battles 3 companions are, brave heart , rodolfo capeferro and bonnie anne be cause she heals. they make a pretty good team if you try em. sometimes brave heart and rodolfo die but not together usally and the only time bonnie died was in a really intense boss battle . Hope this helped!

Brave Alexandra Armstrong

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
So far, my favorite companions are Bonnie Anne and Sarah Steele.
I them so much!

Bonnie Anne is a good companion to me because of all her wonderful epics just with the first promotion, and her heal is always helpful .
Sarah is good because she does a lot of damage if I cloak her, so she's always wonderful to have around in a boss battle. Her riposte and first strike I gave her are wonderful for her, too.

Cya in the spiral,
Christina Evans23
Brave Beatriz Blake 9
Ivy Zabra 9

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
My fav's are Kan Po, Carcarcius Grimtooth(Car car as I like to call him) , and lots of others.(So technically I don't have a fav)

Ensign
May 31, 2014
AngryBirdsWorld1 on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
My favorite companion is Subodai -

Once when I was in a jail,
Trying to bail.
I stumbled across
A fellow horse.
He said "Let me free,"
And ill fight by your knee.

Silly Noah Underwood - Level 56
Nice rhymes. -Wolf

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I don't know if I can choose a favorite! I'm a Privateer because I care about all of my companions, but the companions I definitely find the coolest or have stuck with as top-tier since I got them have got to be:
Bonnie Anne- I used to think she was really pretty bad and I almost never used her, but then I discovered how good she was. I have Double Tap 2, Burst Fire 2, and Overwatch. Bonnie's character development, especially in Marleybone, was incredible and her backstory is great! I enjoy her Scottish accent and her strong sense of morality.
El Toro- I knew he'd join my crew someday and the buildup was killing me, and when I finally got him, it was definitely worth the wait. He is a hilarious character and I love him and Carolina together. His arrogance is never malicious and he is the self-proclaimed protector of the innocent, a masked champion and a hero to the little foals and chicks of Santo Pollo. I have Relentless 2 and Riposte 2.
Egg Shen- He's a goose warrior with a giant spear! Egg Shen always has a crazy look in his eye, but his character was never really developed much until Mooshu, with him being a starter and all. However, he has good voice acting and is actually pretty decent in a battle. I have First Strike, Repel Boarders, and Relentless 2.
Ratbeard- This vile rodent is the main antagonist of the first 10 levels, and until you reach the final confrontation, you'd probably think him the biggest scum on the Earth. Once you do defeat Chumba Wumba the water mole champion, you receive Ratbeard and throughout the rest of the game, his attitude and his voice always kept me smiling, as well as his affinity for explosives and constant bickering with Bonnie Anne, due to his straight-forward, menacing, brutish nature clashing with her generous, benevolent, kind-hearted spirit. I gave him First Strike, Blade Storm 2, and Repel Boarders.
These were some of my favorites within the character limit. Thanks!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 63 Castler

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
I think el toro is the best with his amazing swift attacks and buffs after that I also like celestial trickster monkey king.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
Ensign
Nov 01, 2014
Ensign
Mar 15, 2015
I Kan po, Bonnie Anne and Shiruku but if i had to pick just one it would be shiruku because i think her quest is very interesting and she is pretty good too. why do i like them? Kan Po: He calls me Dragonfly which is super cute! and he is very wise. Bonnie Anne: she is Loyal and very entertaining along with when she has conversations with ratbeard. Shiruku: As i stated earlier i think her quest is really interesting and she is really good.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2013
I like El Toro, Sarah Steele, Ensign Emmett, Subodai, Fan Flanders, Peter Quint, Chantel Livingstone, Carcarius Grimtooth, Gaspard de vole, Dead mike, Birgus Latro, Milo Greytail, Lucky Jack Russell, Barnabus, Mormo, Kobe Yojimbo, Kan Po, Wing Chun, Louis Lebisque, Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Catbeard, Monkey king and the entire Magnificent Seven.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2010
Ensign
Jun 27, 2010
Ensign
May 12, 2011
I'll just post this in a list of 2-3 companions per class

=Peter Quint[he somehow always pulls a relentless, even if he misses], Hawkules[my experience in the tower,(combined with critical boost, just amazing), Barnabus[he has been pulling off criticals like crazy with a strength buff, and has 2 blade storms so ultimate destruction]
=Fan Flanders[basically the only companion that can use agility buff for swashbucklers, and just straight up wins overall with the right abilities and talents] Sarah Steele[because I like her story] and El Toro[because of his accuracy and dodge buff ability, and his critical theme]
=Bonnie Anne[2 double tap, 2 burst fire, buff her agility, make it rain] Chantal[agility boost, and sniper shots]
=Lucky Jack Russel[Really helped my buckler(I also have 50% increase will power)whether its agro the enemy or just doing damage] Marchioness[Awesome, especially in moo tower with all of those terra cotta]
=Old Scratch[the only one who I actually think is good after he promotes as a witchdoctor]

P.S. I have been seeing this for a long time, I really think equals mojo, I have seen a lot of those put for swashbucklers when bucklers means this . But that's just my opinion, no need to take it seriously.

Ensign
Mar 09, 2013
My Favorite Companion is Baar, due the his usefulness in PVE and PVP His turn the tide X3( on third promo) and his other epic talents in combination with his two summons, and 3 accuracy and dodge debuff abilities Baar is a companion that if you can get do so. All the other grizzly pack companions are amazing to I just prefer Baar due to him being my first and only grizzly companion.
These symbols represent my three classes that I use Privy( lvl 65) Buccaneer( lvl 16) and Swashbuckler(lvl 57)

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
It depends the type of companion you are talking about. I have two favorite companions, one storyline wise (their voice in the story) and one combat wise (my favorite one to use in spars).

Storyline Wise

Catbeard!!! 100%!!!!

I appreciate this companion so much. He is so funny!! The flakiness embedded into his character makes me wanna go into the screen and talk to him sometimes and ask him what he is thinking!! On top of it all, he will always be my favorite fat cat that DOES NOT STOP eating herring!

Combat Wise

I have all 5 classes in pirates so this will be hard. My favorite op sparring companion would have to be... PETER QUINT!!!! What a beast. Now you see, everyone says to put relentless3 And BladeStorm1 on him. But I believe relentless2 and BladeStorm2 is op. This is because, and this happens a lot for me when I have good strength buffs, Pete will critical on almost every hit, making him hit a total of six times. And, if you position him right, he will focus hit one unit 6 times!!! This almost always defeats or almost defeats an opponent.

There are so many great companions in game. Those are my favorites What are yours???

Until later pirates!!

Au Revoir!!!

JackThePirate

Ensign
Aug 20, 2011
My favorite has to be lucky jack russell. Don't know why, I just love that companion