Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vadima's Visions - What's Vexing You?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Pirates!

I hope you enjoyed the Vadima's Visions article in our most recent Newsletter.

Are there other mysterious facts about the Spiral that you might be interested in finding out? Here's an example of a good topic for Madame Vadima: How do most Pirates spend their practice points.

Leave a comment below, and perhaps your question will lead us to gaze again into my crystal ball.

-Madame Vadima

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Madame Vadima on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello Pirates!

Are there other mysterious facts about the Spiral that you might be interested in finding out? Here's an example of a good topic for Madame Vadima: How do most Pirates spend their practice points.

Leave a comment below, and perhaps your question will lead us to gaze again into my crystal ball.

-Madame Vadima
I try and give myself a taste of each class- if you get what I'm saying. I'm a Musketeer, and I get various training points as I advance in the game, and of course, I'm one to try new things. (Except cheese. Never give me cheese.) So I try and get an equal amount of powers from each class.

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Madame Vadima on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello Pirates!

-Madame Vadima
OK Vadima, here is something that will put you to the test. What is the name of the female clockwork in Kane's court of elites.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
I did enjoy your Visions in the Newsletter!

I was curious if perhaps you could see - when Pirates engage in PvP, are they mostly playing 1v1 or in teams?

I'm also wondering if your Vision allows you to see how many Pirates play PvP at level 65 versus lower levels. It would be amazing to know such things.

Indeed, these are things that I wonder. :)

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
This is a very interesting segment! Here are my requests:

1.) Since some badges are rewarded based on number of enemies defeated, what is the most defeated enemy type or boss in the game? (I assume troggies, given every player starts out the game against them, but wonder if any "farming" surpasses those totals). This request includes ship-based enemies too!

2.) What is the most popular class chosen (and least)?

3.) How many pirates have been online at the same time and when was it? (I assume the most was on launch day)

4.) What is the most chosen flag combinations (or at least symbol)?

5.) What is the most purchased item from the Crown shop?

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Here's one - how many worlds are there in the Spiral?

Ensign
Aug 29, 2013
Madame vadima i am a witchdoctor myself should i do side quests yes or no?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If it wasn't my privateer, first I spent them on healing stuff from the privateer class. My privateer got some witchdoctor stuff for some weapons and to begin the process of getting some spooky to boost her heals. Then I went for weapons so I could get bonuses using combo weapons, either smashy or shooty depending on the pirate. Everyone goes to the swashbuckler to get Hidden in Shadows and my privateer goes to buccaneer to get heavy armor and big choppy just for the Friar's weapon when she got big enough. Plenty of visits to privateer school for along with healing the other defensive stuff is great.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2012
I'd love to know who the most fearsome foe in the Spiral is. My question is this: What enemy or enemies are players most often defeated by?

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
I usually spend my practice points on healing spells to start, then use them to improve my weaknesses of my pirates. Such as increasing resistance or armor points depending. I rarely use my points to buy ranged spells for my swashbuckler or musketeer as they both have abilities enough to not have to use them. Main point being, I use them to cover my respective weaknesses and the much needed healing abilities.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
hmm. the way i choosen my lovely Scarlet webb talents. i like to become masters of all. although i am a fearless witchdoctor. other than staffy i can also use stabby, smashy and slashy weapons. i like to keep my options open and be prepared in case my rival comes in close range. i trained in strong, rough, tough and even light armor. in the pirate age you can never have too much power especially when those blastic armada considers you as their most wanted. i also have talents such as call the troops, rouse, refresh, assassin strike and mighty charge. i may be a weird witchdoctor who's selfish when it comes to some tasty Yum-n-ade from Ryan the Relentless and enjoy's using strong mojo to raise the dead. my pride is much more stronger to help a fellow pirate or companion in need. as more practice points comes in, i will use my willpower to strive and become the best i can be! who knows, maybe i can even give my teacher a run for her money

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I spend my pratice points on privateer and swashbuckler for now .until I get more training points

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Is there going to be any side world's i loved them in wizard101 so WYNAUT KINGISLE(ci. what i did there)
two refrences in one post HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN...make that three.

Community Leader
How did Avery become the "boss" of Skull Island?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I really loved all the facts. Really fascinating. Please what is the name no one has chosen yet? I know if you say then the magic will be gone cause every one will chose it to be 'unique' lol.
I would love to know the class stats, how many from each school, I know it won't be saying who is best, just who is being tried first.
I would love to know numbers of levels, as to how many level 65's at time of calculation, etc.
Then how many questing in each area.
What realms are most popular. What time of day is high or low.
How about pet name stats too?
That article was so thought provoking that my mind wants to peek under the hood and see all the fun facts .
How many employes play and at what levels? How many pirates to they have each?
My brain will not stop so I must or I will cause your crystal ball to explode.
Thank you for all the hard work that went into that. Just incredible stuff.

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Do you talk to Captain Avery to go to every world?

Ensign
Jul 17, 2008
How many times, on average, is a player defeated by max level?

Are there any players who have never lost in combat (if not, what is the highest level reached before defeat)?

What is the record for highest number of losses?

Community Leader
I use my training points to invest in abilities that improve my pirates options.

With the addition of dual-weaponry in the game, choosing how to use training points can be very helpful in extending these dual purpose weapons for your pirate.

I noticed some comments about which mobs are defeated the most, that could be a tough question, everytime we sink a ship, 3-5 of the badguys on that ship is chalked up...

Considering nautical XP parties, wow... you'd think the spiral were cleaned up by now!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noctis on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
How many times, on average, is a player defeated by max level?

Are there any players who have never lost in combat (if not, what is the highest level reached before defeat)?

What is the record for highest number of losses?
Wow, great questions. Wish I had thought of that, but that is in my mental list too.

Welcome to the message boards too . Can't wait to see what other gems you have for us.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Greetings, Madame Vadima *bowing politely*

Each of my pirates has something of a different strategy for spending their practice points, although they all start out learning from the Commodore early on, for healing and buffing their crew, and also for gunnery skills. Anne Radcliffe (swashbuckler) spent a lot of time with the Commodore, some time with Ol' Fisheye (for nifty traps, and to have some sparkgun skills, though usually she just prefers blades. Sometimes it is fun to mix it up a bit, especially when a really nice weapon comes your way, perhaps courtesy of the Armada), a little time with Mordecai (but she declined to learn big smashy weapon skills; she likes weapons slim and quick, like rapier and dagger) and is presently focusing on gaining witchdoctor talents as she gets points.

Charlotte Richardson (privateer) is something of a jack-of-all-trades. She has used her practice points pretty much evenly across the teachers available. Genevieve Devereaux (buccaneer) has studied primarily with the Commodore and Morgan Lafitte at this point in time. Anneke Nightingale (witchdoctor) hasn't had too many points to play with just yet (she is still under level 20), but with those points she studied with the Commodore (and I can see with her high WILL that is going to be a very effective choice) and also Morgan Lafitte -- on account of Anneke has dreamy notions of becoming like Gandalf the Grey, bravely sweeping in amongst the baddies with staff and sword...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Greetings, Madame Vadima *bowing politely*

Each of my pirates has something of a different strategy for spending their practice points, although they all start out learning from the Commodore early on, for healing and buffing their crew, and also for gunnery skills. Anne Radcliffe (swashbuckler) spent a lot of time with the Commodore, some time with Ol' Fisheye (for nifty traps, and to have some sparkgun skills, though usually she just prefers blades. Sometimes it is fun to mix it up a bit, especially when a really nice weapon comes your way, perhaps courtesy of the Armada), a little time with Mordecai (but she declined to learn big smashy weapon skills; she likes weapons slim and quick, like rapier and dagger) and is presently focusing on gaining witchdoctor talents as she gets points.

Charlotte Richardson (privateer) is something of a jack-of-all-trades. She has used her practice points pretty much evenly across the teachers available. Genevieve Devereaux (buccaneer) has studied primarily with the Commodore and Morgan Lafitte at this point in time. Anneke Nightingale (witchdoctor) hasn't had too many points to play with just yet (she is still under level 20), but with those points she studied with the Commodore (and I can see with her high WILL that is going to be a very effective choice) and also Morgan Lafitte -- on account of Anneke has dreamy notions of becoming like Gandalf the Grey, bravely sweeping in amongst the baddies with staff and sword...
Ohh I agree totally with Anneke. Hmm perhaps she might be able to perhaps to dream and reach for Gandalf the White He is much more mysterious and a darn sight more powerful. Although the mental picture of him in freefall and battling that Balrog is pretty gnarly indeed. Perhaps he was changing even then?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
No matter the school, my secondary class is always privateer (unless I create a privateer, in which case she would train in swashbuckler). I enjoy using the Privateer's weapons, especially the rapiers, and I always want to have the ability to heal myself and my team.
~
Now, as for what's vexing me...

Really more than anything else I'm curious about those clockwork birds. I've been examining them for quite some time and the delicacies put into their wonderful little wings, and although I wish I could say that I know who the creator is, I don't. I never saw any symbols on them that would indicate craftsmanship, but I don't suspect that they were factory made. The way they are so flawless and symmetrical leads me to believe that these birds were made by a stray inventor clockwork, one that has spare time on its hands, so it's unlikely for me to believe that any of Kane's Court would be the creator. Either this, or the creator of clockworks himself. This, more than anything else, is what's vexing me.

~Elizabeth, level 46 ~

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I spend my points on things I'll need. I only trained Rouse and Ghostwail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for my questions.

I. Who created the Armada?
II. What is the most chosen flag colors?
III. On average how many pirates get to the max level each month?
IV. About how many players joined in 2012?

That is all!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Who is that unknown CLOCKWORK!? WE MUST KNOW!

Ensign
Jul 17, 2008
I'd also like to know which boss has defeated the most players.