Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay IV

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
(OOC: This may a good time to reassure everyone that Warwick has become his own character, so to speak. In many cases, his actions do not reflect mine at all, and all reactions are his own, in context. Thank you...and now, back to your scheduled programming! YARR!)

As soon as Carly mentioned the difference, Warwick couldn't fathom why he didn't see it before. This wasn't the alchemist in the slightest...but why did she know Alex, then?

"...Or are you too focused on Warwick to notice someone like me?" That sentence hit Warwick like a brick. Had he separated Lizzy from the others? He had made himself too proud. Warwick walked slower, hoping nobody would notice the red in his face. His mind blubbered apologies.

(OOC: I had another part written, but I don't really like how it flows.)
(All of my characters are my own, particularly Emma. One, I'm not a psychopath who lives in isolation.)

Carly grimaced. "You're too idiotic to even notice.... Either that, or you don't care. You've been ignoring me this whole time and you have no idea how painful it is!" She grimaced, hazel eyes making contact with Lizzy's own eyes. "I'm Alex, but I'm not. Technically, Alex is me and I am Alex. The difference? I'm the real one of us and she is not. She's a lie." Sudden bursts of rage Carly had abandoned with her old appearance and personality fired up inside her, and you could practically feel heat radiating from her. "Why couldn't you see that? Oh, that's right. I don't matter." Carly grabbed one of the potions Alex had previously owned, but didn't throw it just yet. She walked up to Warwick and slapped him across the face. Hard.

"And you should learn to be a little more grateful," she challenged angrily. "I saved your freaking life earlier but you barely recognized that. But goodbye- I've gone through enough pain because of you." Carly pointed an accusing finger at Elizabeth and then threw down the potion, an explosion of smoke rising up from it. Once it died down, Carly was gone, but a small sheet of paper remained-

I won't miss you.
-C

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(OOC: Please pardon me for interrupting the story, but I just wanted to congratulate you, Destiny, for your mention in the January newsletter concerning your clever blog post. That certainly was an ingenious idea of yours (I would have never thought of it), and well written. You may hitchhike on my ship, any time! )

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
(All of my characters are my own, particularly Emma. One, I'm not a psychopath who lives in isolation.)

Carly grimaced. "You're too idiotic to even notice.... Either that, or you don't care. You've been ignoring me this whole time and you have no idea how painful it is!" She grimaced, hazel eyes making contact with Lizzy's own eyes. "I'm Alex, but I'm not. Technically, Alex is me and I am Alex. The difference? I'm the real one of us and she is not. She's a lie." Sudden bursts of rage Carly had abandoned with her old appearance and personality fired up inside her, and you could practically feel heat radiating from her. "Why couldn't you see that? Oh, that's right. I don't matter." Carly grabbed one of the potions Alex had previously owned, but didn't throw it just yet. She walked up to Warwick and slapped him across the face. Hard.

"And you should learn to be a little more grateful," she challenged angrily. "I saved your freaking life earlier but you barely recognized that. But goodbye- I've gone through enough pain because of you." Carly pointed an accusing finger at Elizabeth and then threw down the potion, an explosion of smoke rising up from it. Once it died down, Carly was gone, but a small sheet of paper remained-

I won't miss you.
-C
(Anne: Thank you! I'm overjoyed to see my website on the newsletter, and I'm very motivated to write more content because of it. I logged on yesterday to see many, many pirates ship-hiking on the Avery realm.)

Warwick staggered back, having not expected the slap. His face stung horribly and his cheeks became red with embarrassment.

"You should learn to be a little more grateful," Not-Alex spat, making Warwick bite his tongue, "I've gone through enough pain because of you."

"B-but wait," Warwick stammered, meeting a cloud of smoke instead. He picked up the note and read it twice, placing it back on the table gingerly. He looked to where Carly had disappeared, lost for any other words. Well, of course she won't miss me. Warwick turned his back on the others, walking to the edge of Nidavellir. He wanted to run, run back to the excavation gorge and just bash as many clockworks as he could find. Sail back to Marleybone and re-enlist, fight for the rest of his life. Flee to the forests and find Carly.

He turned back to the group, sighing. This was the only place where he really belonged, and Warwick figured that he would better stick with them. A specific gloom overcame his gaze.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
(Anne: Thank you! I'm overjoyed to see my website on the newsletter, and I'm very motivated to write more content because of it. I logged on yesterday to see many, many pirates ship-hiking on the Avery realm.)

Warwick staggered back, having not expected the slap. His face stung horribly and his cheeks became red with embarrassment.

"You should learn to be a little more grateful," Not-Alex spat, making Warwick bite his tongue, "I've gone through enough pain because of you."

"B-but wait," Warwick stammered, meeting a cloud of smoke instead. He picked up the note and read it twice, placing it back on the table gingerly. He looked to where Carly had disappeared, lost for any other words. Well, of course she won't miss me. Warwick turned his back on the others, walking to the edge of Nidavellir. He wanted to run, run back to the excavation gorge and just bash as many clockworks as he could find. Sail back to Marleybone and re-enlist, fight for the rest of his life. Flee to the forests and find Carly.

He turned back to the group, sighing. This was the only place where he really belonged, and Warwick figured that he would better stick with them. A specific gloom overcame his gaze.
(Just to clarify to Lizzy, yes, I saw your post. I hope you don't feel like I didn't. And I'm too proud of this character.,. Development is fun. And I'm so tempted to use one more character but I've introduced too many. XD If I keep it up, I'll end up with all 32 pirate characters here... So no more. XD)

Carly coughed as smoke billowed around her, remainders from her leave. She waved it away gingerly, and as soon as the ivory and grey vapors dissipated, she took a good look at where she'd ended up. She was in Mirkholm Keep, she assumed, due to the wolves marching around in preparation for battle. Endless circles of marching, she considered. She didn't know how close or how far she was from the exit back into Northguard, so she could just get transport away from it all. Where she ended up, she didn't care. All she wanted was away from this nightmare.

A chilling wind passed across, and it reminded Carly how cold she was. She wrapped her arms around herself, trembling just slightly from the boreal atmosphere. While Nidavellir was not much better, it had been warmer, somehow. But the alchemist stood up, deciding to go for a stride to find the exit. Guilt tore at her every footstep- she shouldn't have left, and she didn't just think so because she was freezing and alone. She had done it all wrong. She let her temper get the best of her, and she remorsed in her decision. Carly wished, silently, that she could just go back and apologize....

She unsheathed her cutlass, which rested at the belt on her waist. Her hand shook awkwardly as she held it- she couldn't get used to using a cutlass instead of her spear or potions. A new thought crept into her mind, full of regrets- maybe I shouldn't have become Carly again.

You're just concluding that now? Evil Alex snapped back.

Yes.... The more I think about it, the less I enjoy the results of my actions. I feel awful.

You really are an idiot. They're the ones who wronged you, not the other way around. Do you really want to come crawling back, crying like the daft girl you are?

I'm not an idiot. I don't want to listen to you anymore. Carly grabbed the ribbon holding her hair in place again before pulling it with a jerk, releasing her straightened hair from the ponytail. It cascaded back down to place, longer than usual, but that could easily be fixed. She tore her glasses off, gently put her violet contacts back in, and quickly changed her clothes back into her comfortable violet dress. It wasn't much better for the cold, but Alex could bear it. She wrapped her arms around herself again and started off for Nidavellir, ready to apologize for her idiocy.

You're going back, I see. A voice that sounded fearfully like her own, but with undertones of the horrors of a ghost's voice. But the thing that terrified Alex most- it wasn't inside her head. Her now violet eyes widened in horror as she slowly turned to face what stood behind her, acknowledging she would not be able to fight the silhouette standing right there...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
(Just to clarify to Lizzy, yes, I saw your post. I hope you don't feel like I didn't. And I'm too proud of this character.,. Development is fun. And I'm so tempted to use one more character but I've introduced too many. XD If I keep it up, I'll end up with all 32 pirate characters here... So no more. XD)

Carly coughed as smoke billowed around her, remainders from her leave. She waved it away gingerly, and as soon as the ivory and grey vapors dissipated, she took a good look at where she'd ended up. She was in Mirkholm Keep, she assumed, due to the wolves marching around in preparation for battle. Endless circles of marching, she considered. She didn't know how close or how far she was from the exit back into Northguard, so she could just get transport away from it all. Where she ended up, she didn't care. All she wanted was away from this nightmare.

A chilling wind passed across, and it reminded Carly how cold she was. She wrapped her arms around herself, trembling just slightly from the boreal atmosphere. While Nidavellir was not much better, it had been warmer, somehow. But the alchemist stood up, deciding to go for a stride to find the exit. Guilt tore at her every footstep- she shouldn't have left, and she didn't just think so because she was freezing and alone. She had done it all wrong. She let her temper get the best of her, and she remorsed in her decision. Carly wished, silently, that she could just go back and apologize....

She unsheathed her cutlass, which rested at the belt on her waist. Her hand shook awkwardly as she held it- she couldn't get used to using a cutlass instead of her spear or potions. A new thought crept into her mind, full of regrets- maybe I shouldn't have become Carly again.

You're just concluding that now? Evil Alex snapped back.

Yes.... The more I think about it, the less I enjoy the results of my actions. I feel awful.

You really are an idiot. They're the ones who wronged you, not the other way around. Do you really want to come crawling back, crying like the daft girl you are?

I'm not an idiot. I don't want to listen to you anymore. Carly grabbed the ribbon holding her hair in place again before pulling it with a jerk, releasing her straightened hair from the ponytail. It cascaded back down to place, longer than usual, but that could easily be fixed. She tore her glasses off, gently put her violet contacts back in, and quickly changed her clothes back into her comfortable violet dress. It wasn't much better for the cold, but Alex could bear it. She wrapped her arms around herself again and started off for Nidavellir, ready to apologize for her idiocy.

You're going back, I see. A voice that sounded fearfully like her own, but with undertones of the horrors of a ghost's voice. But the thing that terrified Alex most- it wasn't inside her head. Her now violet eyes widened in horror as she slowly turned to face what stood behind her, acknowledging she would not be able to fight the silhouette standing right there...
Alex absorbed the silhouette who stationarily watched her. Two pink eyes, with messy yet beautiful darker magenta hair falling down into a pale, ghostly face, spiraling into two corkscrew curled pigtails that reached the base of her ribcage. Lips curved into a frown, a sad one, not a disapproving one, and a base white uniform of a military officer was her garments. The alchemist knew that face anywhere, and instantly, more fear crept up into her spirit, along with the hue of sadness.

"Aemilia...."

Alex could only whisper, shocked by the sight of her friend. She was... Dead, wasn't she? Aemilia.. It couldn't be her! Aemilia was dead, Alex had watched her go.... The alchemist fell to her knees in shock.

Carly... I know, I know. I appeared out of nowhere and you're probably shocked, but I won't be staying for too long. That promising, lighthearted voice sounded. It sounded like Alex's, but different, lined with a ghostly wail and also a sweeter nature. I need a promise from you, Carly. Aemilia didn't seem real. Alex managed to climb to her, and reached for her hand. It went right through. Don't worry... I'm not a ghost, though it seems that way. I'm alive, I promise, but that's not what I want to talk with you about.

"Anything, Aemilia...." Alex murmured.

Aemilia's silhouette nodded. I scared you, didn't I? I'm sorry... But listen. I controlled a small part of your will, because I was scared of you being Alex. I wanted to see Carly when I came back to you... But that's selfish of me, and I see that now. Carly- I mean, Alex... It's the right choice. You should apologize. You should resume your life as Alexandra, not Carly DeMonelle. As much as I'll miss the girl I used to fight beside, it's still her, beneath those violet contacts. There's no difference. I'm selfish for trying to convince you. I guess that's a small part of the advantages of being able to make my voice sound somewhat like yours. Just... Return to your friends, and enjoy your life as it is. It's the right thing to do. I'll come back to you one day, I promise! Just don't forget me... That's all I want to be promised.

"I... I promise."

That's all I needed to hear... Aemilia's silhouette smiled. Well, farewell, Alexandra. Take care! Aemilia smiled before turning and running, leaping off- her silhouette diminishing in midair. Alex watched, her words replaying in her mind. 'Ill come back to you one day, I promise. Just don't forget me...'

"I'll miss you, Aemilia.... Sorry, once more, for not believing in you." Alex blinked away the tears lining her eyelids and turned, running blindly to her assumed destination- the exit. She sprinted onward, before bumping into something or someone-

Lizzy. (OOC: You said Lizzy was headed for Mirkholm, right?)

Alex blinked. "...I'm sorry. Sorry for many things, too many to count at this point."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Alex absorbed the silhouette who stationarily watched her. Two pink eyes, with messy yet beautiful darker magenta hair falling down into a pale, ghostly face, spiraling into two corkscrew curled pigtails that reached the base of her ribcage. Lips curved into a frown, a sad one, not a disapproving one, and a base white uniform of a military officer was her garments. The alchemist knew that face anywhere, and instantly, more fear crept up into her spirit, along with the hue of sadness.

"Aemilia...."

Alex could only whisper, shocked by the sight of her friend. She was... Dead, wasn't she? Aemilia.. It couldn't be her! Aemilia was dead, Alex had watched her go.... The alchemist fell to her knees in shock.

Carly... I know, I know. I appeared out of nowhere and you're probably shocked, but I won't be staying for too long. That promising, lighthearted voice sounded. It sounded like Alex's, but different, lined with a ghostly wail and also a sweeter nature. I need a promise from you, Carly. Aemilia didn't seem real. Alex managed to climb to her, and reached for her hand. It went right through. Don't worry... I'm not a ghost, though it seems that way. I'm alive, I promise, but that's not what I want to talk with you about.

Aemilia's silhouette nodded. I scared you, didn't I? I'm sorry... But listen. I controlled a small part of your will, because I was scared of you being Alex. I wanted to see Carly when I came back to you... But that's selfish of me, and I see that now. Carly- I mean, Alex... It's the right choice. You should apologize. You should resume your life as Alexandra, not Carly DeMonelle. As much as I'll miss the girl I used to fight beside, it's still her, beneath those violet contacts. There's no difference. I'm selfish for trying to convince you. I guess that's a small part of the advantages of being able to make my voice sound somewhat like yours. Just... Return to your friends, and enjoy your life as it is. It's the right thing to do. I'll come back to you one day, I promise! Just don't forget me... That's all I want to be promised.

"I... I promise."

That's all I needed to hear... Aemilia's silhouette smiled. Well, farewell, Alexandra. Take care! Aemilia smiled before turning and running, leaping off- her silhouette diminishing in midair. Alex watched, her words replaying in her mind. 'Ill come back to you one day, I promise. Just don't forget me...'

"I'll miss you, Aemilia.... Sorry, once more, for not believing in you." Alex blinked away the tears lining her eyelids and turned, running blindly to her assumed destination- the exit. She sprinted onward, before bumping into something or someone-

Alex blinked. "...I'm sorry. Sorry for many things, too many to count at this point."
OOC: Great posts, Em! And thanks for acknowledging my post -- I had thought that it had been overlooked until now. Yesterday was really busy and today will be equally busy if not more, so if I don't respond tonight than I'll prolly (probably) respond tomorrow. Sorry for the wait :( Oh hey, Happy Valentines Day, guys! *Virtual hugs* I hope that your day will be filled with hugs and kisses by those you love, and enjoy yourselves on this fine and wonderfully chilly day.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011

"Aemilia...."

"I... I promise."

Lizzy sat on the ground for a moment (as she had been knocked over), hands behind her, eyes wide with surprise. She sharply stood up and threw her arms around Alex, squeezing her in a tight hug. After a moment she backed away. "Don't be." She said, "I was the one at fault. I was spending too much attention elsewhere when I should have focused on you as well. I'm so sorry for not being there for you when you needed me." Lizzy gave Alex another hug. "Be whoever you want to be, as long as we're still friends."

Out of nowhere, the largest, blackest paw Lizzy had ever seen seemed to come out of nowhere and picked her up around her neck like a mother would a pup. Whoever this massive paw belonged to easily picked up Lizzy as if she weighed nothing and raised her over Alex. She met the gaze of the wolf, and, as she had been every time she had looked at him in the past, was shocked by the glacier blue of the wolf's eyes.

"Oh my goodness." She said, awestruck. "You look just like Wulfric. Except bigger."

The wolf stopped sniffing and broke into a smile. "Hahaha!" He exclaimed, squeezing Lizzy into a hug that sent a series of pops down her back. Lizzy, too, smiled and laughed, getting as much of her arms around the pure black flank as she could. The wolf held her away again by her shoulders and examined her. "Hello, little Hvit Ulv."

"Hey, Warg. You've grown a little."

"And you've shrunk a lot!" The two laughed as Warg set Lizzy down. She turned around and rested a hand on Alex's shoulder as she looked up to the wolf.

"This is Alex." She explained, "a good friend of mine. Alex, this is Warg. My old playmate."

Warg, proud to display knowledge of human interactions that Lizzy had taught him a few years ago, extended a paw to shake and smiled wide, the latter of which probably had the opposite effect as he had intended. "Pleasure to meet you, Al-lex." He spoke, unaccustomed to the name.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Lizzy sat on the ground for a moment (as she had been knocked over), hands behind her, eyes wide with surprise. She sharply stood up and threw her arms around Alex, squeezing her in a tight hug. After a moment she backed away. "Don't be." She said, "I was the one at fault. I was spending too much attention elsewhere when I should have focused on you as well. I'm so sorry for not being there for you when you needed me." Lizzy gave Alex another hug. "Be whoever you want to be, as long as we're still friends."

Out of nowhere, the largest, blackest paw Lizzy had ever seen seemed to come out of nowhere and picked her up around her neck like a mother would a pup. Whoever this massive paw belonged to easily picked up Lizzy as if she weighed nothing and raised her over Alex. She met the gaze of the wolf, and, as she had been every time she had looked at him in the past, was shocked by the glacier blue of the wolf's eyes.

"Oh my goodness." She said, awestruck. "You look just like Wulfric. Except bigger."

The wolf stopped sniffing and broke into a smile. "Hahaha!" He exclaimed, squeezing Lizzy into a hug that sent a series of pops down her back. Lizzy, too, smiled and laughed, getting as much of her arms around the pure black flank as she could. The wolf held her away again by her shoulders and examined her. "Hello, little Hvit Ulv."

"Hey, Warg. You've grown a little."

"And you've shrunk a lot!" The two laughed as Warg set Lizzy down. She turned around and rested a hand on Alex's shoulder as she looked up to the wolf.

"This is Alex." She explained, "a good friend of mine. Alex, this is Warg. My old playmate."

Warg, proud to display knowledge of human interactions that Lizzy had taught him a few years ago, extended a paw to shake and smiled wide, the latter of which probably had the opposite effect as he had intended. "Pleasure to meet you, Al-lex." He spoke, unaccustomed to the name.
(Sorry, been out of it and I'm still a little out of it. I'm going to be trying to write Warwick again, but if his personality's off, I'm going to avoid character interaction. I know this isn't very good for the roleplay, but I've been writing an anti-Warwick for a little and I need to get back in the swing of things.)

Warwick was followed by Staolan into the camp. Over time, he had come to look less Marleybonian, which definitely helped his presence there. Staolan carefully introduced his pack members, pronouncing names slowly and giving Warwick chances to try and pronounce things. They eventually wrapped around to an arena of sorts that didn't have much of a place for viewers. Warwick supposed it to be a place for practicing and things, and was soon proved correct when Staolan gave him a friendly nudge.

"Just fists and feet?" Warwick asked as Staolan didn't retrieve any weapon, "Fine with me." As the matches passed, Warwick found himself thrown to the ground all but twice when he pulled off a sneakier move. He was no match for Staolan, though, both in size and strategy. No matter which blows Warwick threw, Staolan found a weak point. He skidded back, crouched and panting.

"You're a bright one, krig veke," Staolan remarked. (OOC: Norwegian is fun. Krig veke translates directly to "war wick") Warwick laughed and stood casually, Staolan showing him a little more before they returned to Alex and Lizzy. Warwick shied away from Alex, a red mark still on his cheek.

"Hey," he said sheepishly.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
DS Devereaux on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
(Sorry, been out of it and I'm still a little out of it. I'm going to be trying to write Warwick again, but if his personality's off, I'm going to avoid character interaction. I know this isn't very good for the roleplay, but I've been writing an anti-Warwick for a little and I need to get back in the swing of things.)

Warwick was followed by Staolan into the camp. Over time, he had come to look less Marleybonian, which definitely helped his presence there. Staolan carefully introduced his pack members, pronouncing names slowly and giving Warwick chances to try and pronounce things. They eventually wrapped around to an arena of sorts that didn't have much of a place for viewers. Warwick supposed it to be a place for practicing and things, and was soon proved correct when Staolan gave him a friendly nudge.

"Just fists and feet?" Warwick asked as Staolan didn't retrieve any weapon, "Fine with me." As the matches passed, Warwick found himself thrown to the ground all but twice when he pulled off a sneakier move. He was no match for Staolan, though, both in size and strategy. No matter which blows Warwick threw, Staolan found a weak point. He skidded back, crouched and panting.

"You're a bright one, krig veke," Staolan remarked. (OOC: Norwegian is fun. Krig veke translates directly to "war wick") Warwick laughed and stood casually, Staolan showing him a little more before they returned to Alex and Lizzy. Warwick shied away from Alex, a red mark still on his cheek.

"Hey," he said sheepishly.
"Mirkholm keep, one of my favourite places in Grizzelheim. You can even see my house from here, or at least my mountain." Mackenzie said, patently ignoring the pirates' reunion. It wasn't that she didn't want to see Alex back, more that she didn't really know the pirates, and didn't want to intrude on the girls' moment.
She also hoped that Alex now knew who she really was, Mackenzie didn't mind if the girl was going by Alex or Carly, it would just be easier if Alex was one of them, not both.

"I never would have guessed pirates to be so touchy" Mackenzie said, more to herself, but aloud just the same. "Not very piratical really."

Noticing Warrick being challenged by one of the wolves, Mackenzie walked to the practice ground and chose a seat to watch the event. Surprisingly perhaps, she thought that Warrick fared quite well, given the greater speed, strenght and agility of the wolf. In fact Mackenzie was quite impressed that Warrick even managed to win a round, though she also thought that maybe the wolf had not tried his hardest that time.

"Very nice Warrick," Mackenzie called out, "almost as good as a nine month old pup! Just how bad are these wind up toys you're afraid of anyways?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
"Hey, Warwick." Lizzy smiled brightly and gave him a hug. "Welcome to Mirkholm Keep." She swept her arms out, gesturing to the wolves' home. "This was my home for about half the time that I lived in Grizzleheim. And this," Lizzy jumped up and landed on Warg's shoulder, playfully roughing up his head's fur, "is Warg."

Warg chuckled and gingerly picked up Lizzy, setting her back down on the ground. "Nice to meet you, Warwick. You have a good taste in friends." Warg turned back to Lizzy. "Do you want to playfight with me, like in the past?"

Lizzy nodded. "Race ya!" She called out, already running. Warg, even on only his back paws, caught up to her easily, but slowed his pace so they matched up. They ran like this for a moment, before Lizzy stopped quite suddenly. Warg skidded to a stop, and trotted back to Lizzy on his fours, shoving his head under her arms so they rested on him. She chuckled half-heartedly, pulling on his ears like she did in the past.

"What is wrong, Hvit Ulv?"

"I did what I came to do." She explained, "I just wanted to drop by and say hi. Oh, also, I need you to summon the Packs to fight the clockworks. I need to ask the Ravens and the Bears for their help too. Grizzleheim is in danger, and we need to save it." Lizzy raised a hand to her head sadly. "And I was going to playfight you." She wrapped her arms around his tree trunk of a neck and hugged him, then gave him a kiss on his forehead. "Bye, Warg. I'll see you later."

Warg turned serious. "I will do what I can about the Packs. Good luck, Elizabeth." He stood up and gave her a hug, then both jogged in opposite directions, Warg to rally the other wolves, Lizzy to request the help of the other clans.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
"Mirkholm keep, one of my favourite places in Grizzelheim. You can even see my house from here, or at least my mountain." Mackenzie said, patently ignoring the pirates' reunion. It wasn't that she didn't want to see Alex back, more that she didn't really know the pirates, and didn't want to intrude on the girls' moment.
She also hoped that Alex now knew who she really was, Mackenzie didn't mind if the girl was going by Alex or Carly, it would just be easier if Alex was one of them, not both.

"I never would have guessed pirates to be so touchy" Mackenzie said, more to herself, but aloud just the same. "Not very piratical really."

Noticing Warrick being challenged by one of the wolves, Mackenzie walked to the practice ground and chose a seat to watch the event. Surprisingly perhaps, she thought that Warrick fared quite well, given the greater speed, strenght and agility of the wolf. In fact Mackenzie was quite impressed that Warrick even managed to win a round, though she also thought that maybe the wolf had not tried his hardest that time.

"Very nice Warrick," Mackenzie called out, "almost as good as a nine month old pup! Just how bad are these wind up toys you're afraid of anyways?"
OOC: I'm very distressed over Emma's leaving. What are we going to do about Alex? She's such an important character, one that has brought ours together on so many occasions. I don't feel right about either tasking someone or myself to roleplay Alex or simply leaving her behind. Could we quickly discuss this before going back to the roleplay?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
DS Devereaux on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
OOC: I'm very distressed over Emma's leaving. What are we going to do about Alex? She's such an important character, one that has brought ours together on so many occasions. I don't feel right about either tasking someone or myself to roleplay Alex or simply leaving her behind. Could we quickly discuss this before going back to the roleplay?
OOC: I guess some people didn't read the whole thing.... I said I'd post a few time for Roleplays.

Ciao.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
OOC: I guess some people didn't read the whole thing.... I said I'd post a few time for Roleplays.

Ciao.
My apologies...I grew sadder over reading your letter and failed to pay attention. I'm really glad that you can stick around for the roleplays...I don't know what this one would do without you! :)

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hello. Haven't been looking at this role play for a while....... I'm still building on Connor, and I don't really know what's going on...... Should I continue posting on this role play? If so, could you fill me in on what happened since my last post?

Thanks.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been sort of...overwhelmed. A billion things are happening at the same time, and in the midst of it all I have been unable to write anything (Whether roleplays, fan-fiction, personal writings, etc.) that I have felt fit for others to read. I no longer consider anything of mine to be well-written enough to actually be put out there and it will take some time before I can build my confidence back up again. I'll be paying attention, but anything I write won't really be worth the read for a little while. Thanks for understanding.

Captain
May 16, 2011
.............So. I've read a little of the posts(mainly because I don't want this roleplay to die) so I can post a decent reply. So, they're in Mirkholm Keep, in the wolf camp? Great. Here I go.
~

W-where am I?.........

So cold..........

What is this weird feeling of dread?............

".....UP! WAKE UP YOU IDIOT!"

Huh?.........

"WAKE UP! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE CEREMONY!"

I'm awake.....I'm awake, yet I still see darkness........

"Here! Take this! Put it on, quick!"

What is this? I can't see anything, yet I feel clothing. Oh well. I'll put it on.

"What ceremony?"

"UGH! Did you hit your head head on something while you were asleep, Connor?! It's the ancient traditional choosing! You know! When you receive a blessing from a god!"

Oh.....I remember this day......It's the day where I.........Ah, this is a time when I was blind.......Aquila.......Great memories.

"Let's go! We're gonna be late, thanks to you."

Wait.....If this is my room, then.......Round the corner, turn left, out the door, turn right, round the corner, and here I am!

"Right then!" Boomed a loud voice. "You will now step forward, and receive your blessing. First! Sean Devearux!"

I hear Sean's breath getting tense. I can tell he's nervous. I already know the outcome. Getting blessings is very rare. Sean won't get one...........

Just as I thought. Nothing.

"Second!" Boomed the voice again. "Connor Devearux!"

......Ok. Nothing to fear. Just approach confidently. That's it, you're almo- What's that voice? It's getting louder as I get closer.
~
Shoot. Running out of characters. Oh well. Gonna continue this in a few hours.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Continuing.........
~

"CONNOR DEVEARUX! I HAVE HEARD OF YOUR CONDITION, AND WILL CURE IT!"

What's that voice?.........It's only in my mind, yet it sounds so powerful. It must be Zeus' voice.

"I SHALL GRANT YOU THE POWERS OF SIGHT! AS WELL AS GREAT STRENGTH IN YOUR TIME OF NEED!"

This overwhelming sensation! I feel so invigorated and re-energized! I feel.............AMAZING!

And with that, I woke up. All tied up. And blindfolded. At least I hope so.

Where am I? I thought.

"Heheheheh. I thought you'd never wake up." Sounded an all too familiar voice.

My blindfold was ripped off. Swerving my headed around while hanging onto a pole is difficult, I'll tell you that. However, when I turned to look, I saw him. My brother. My annoying older brother. Great. Just fabulous. And from the looks of things, I saw I was in a wolf tent, tied to the pole holding it up.

I groaned. Just a loud, plain groan. Things were not looking up for me.
~
Yup. Couples changes here. Telling the story from Connor's point of view. Trying to be a bit more detailed with my writing skills. Also, yes, Connor used to be a blind boy in Nova Aquila.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been sort of...overwhelmed. A billion things are happening at the same time, and in the midst of it all I have been unable to write anything (Whether roleplays, fan-fiction, personal writings, etc.) that I have felt fit for others to read. I no longer consider anything of mine to be well-written enough to actually be put out there and it will take some time before I can build my confidence back up again. I'll be paying attention, but anything I write won't really be worth the read for a little while. Thanks for understanding.
Do you still feel this way? I'm really fond of your work -- I check for it in FanFiction all the time. :) I understand if you've been busy lately. I was recently swamped with homework from my co-op, and the same week that my college clepping books came, too! Sorry that I haven't been posting in this roleplay in a little while -- I had lost confidence in my writing too. Then I remembered that the whole reason why I roleplay on these boards is to practice my writing, to help me learn character development, and how they would react in different situations. Through this roleplay, and many others, I have learned many important things about the character of the female protagonist, Lizzy, which is important for my personal stories, even though in those she's not a pirate, but rather a blind princess. But, this is still practice for me. So it's okay to mess up -- thus, I'm back on the boards. :) I really hope that we can get this roleplay going again.

So, are we going to get this roleplay going again, or leave it the way it is?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Do you still feel this way? I'm really fond of your work -- I check for it in FanFiction all the time. :) I understand if you've been busy lately. I was recently swamped with homework from my co-op, and the same week that my college clepping books came, too! Sorry that I haven't been posting in this roleplay in a little while -- I had lost confidence in my writing too. Then I remembered that the whole reason why I roleplay on these boards is to practice my writing, to help me learn character development, and how they would react in different situations. Through this roleplay, and many others, I have learned many important things about the character of the female protagonist, Lizzy, which is important for my personal stories, even though in those she's not a pirate, but rather a blind princess. But, this is still practice for me. So it's okay to mess up -- thus, I'm back on the boards. :) I really hope that we can get this roleplay going again.

So, are we going to get this roleplay going again, or leave it the way it is?
Hi...I'm back, I think. I've been a mix of busy and conflicted, but I'm starting to get a lot better. Writing has been hard for me lately, but I'm slowly finding more worth in my skills. I'm working on some brand new fan-fiction and it should be up...October-ish? Now, then...where were we?

-

Warwick's face as well grew plainer and he folded his arms in thought. "We should try talking to the bears first," he said, "The ravens would be more persuaded if we had the other factions on our side." He ran his hand through his hair, scratching his head a little. Grizzleheim was nothing like he had ever seen before; Even after spending a night and a few days in it, everything felt so new.

(OOC: Sorry if the posts are short for now, I have to ease back into writing Warwick.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
Hi...I'm back, I think. I've been a mix of busy and conflicted, but I'm starting to get a lot better. Writing has been hard for me lately, but I'm slowly finding more worth in my skills. I'm working on some brand new fan-fiction and it should be up...October-ish? Now, then...where were we?

-

Warwick's face as well grew plainer and he folded his arms in thought. "We should try talking to the bears first," he said, "The ravens would be more persuaded if we had the other factions on our side." He ran his hand through his hair, scratching his head a little. Grizzleheim was nothing like he had ever seen before; Even after spending a night and a few days in it, everything felt so new.

(OOC: Sorry if the posts are short for now, I have to ease back into writing Warwick.)
:D Welcome back! I'm excited to check out your future fanfiction. I'm glad that we can get this roleplay going again. Though, I'm wondering, what should we do about the roleplay suspension thing? Hank, Scarlet, Emma, Luke, and I all have accounts on Central, but do you? I think we should move the roleplay there, but I'm not sure...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
:D Welcome back! I'm excited to check out your future fanfiction. I'm glad that we can get this roleplay going again. Though, I'm wondering, what should we do about the roleplay suspension thing? Hank, Scarlet, Emma, Luke, and I all have accounts on Central, but do you? I think we should move the roleplay there, but I'm not sure...
For my own reasons, I have to decline this opportunity. Want to meet back up here when the suspension's been cleared up? (Also, I should be submitting another piece of fan-fiction in a couple of weeks. It's all about Warwick and I think it's incredible.)

Thanks for letting me know, and wishing you a Happy...EastARR!!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
For my own reasons, I have to decline this opportunity. Want to meet back up here when the suspension's been cleared up? (Also, I should be submitting another piece of fan-fiction in a couple of weeks. It's all about Warwick and I think it's incredible.)

Thanks for letting me know, and wishing you a Happy...EastARR!!
No problem. I'd love to! Personally I'm a little bummed with the suspension, and I'm feeling awkward on Central, but I hope it clears up and I'm looking forward to re-starting the roleplay once the suspension is gone. (Coolio! I'll make sure to check it out. XD)

Oh, hahaha, cheesy! XD Happy EastARR to you as well!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
No problem. I'd love to! Personally I'm a little bummed with the suspension, and I'm feeling awkward on Central, but I hope it clears up and I'm looking forward to re-starting the roleplay once the suspension is gone. (Coolio! I'll make sure to check it out. XD)

Oh, hahaha, cheesy! XD Happy EastARR to you as well!
Ok, sounds good to me. Re-starting the roleplay on Central would probably work.

Happy EastARRRrrrrrrr.......! I'm two days late.

Project Mortarshell: In progress. Armadillo Farming: In progress.