Nefarious Tower - Party anyone?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Finally got to a PC.I can sing again!Okay,poor Unfortunate Souls...Felix style.

I admit that in the past I've been a nasty(against the armada)
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch......................................doctor

But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, and made a switch

And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed

And here lately, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, lonely, and depressed x whispers x pathetic

Poor unfortunate souls
In pain! in need!
This one longing to finish a tower
That one wants to get the pearl

And do I help them?

Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad, so true

They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Felix, please!"
And I help them!
Yes I do

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals

Yes I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint(kinda?)
To those poor unfortunate souls!!!!!!!!

Ugh,I could have done a much better job.Ah well....fine.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Ah, yes dress up...fancy, frilly, flowing and F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! That's quite alright, because as she gets older and I pay a surprise, dressed up visit while she is with friends.....she will be the one being tortured. Let's just hope those gowns and fairy wings still fit when that time comes.

But I can already tell that with her, there will be equal parts of princess & pirate, fairy & fierce warrior, Belle of the Ball & break-dancer, flower picker & tree climber, sweetheart & tough cookie and baby girl & tomboy. She is already keeping her brothers on their toes and in lookout mode!
You'll have to cook up some funny and/or mildly embarrassing things to do while her friends are around...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, Valkoor! I'm sure she'll be a great little kid.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Maybe it's an anagram, and you must unscramble the letters to get a name?
It's very possible Esperanza, but I have a sneaky hunch that he very well may be the 'Incognito Bandito's' distant 3rd cousin, once removed, twice replaced, never forgotten.........Toby Heath! Sometimes silence, speaks volumes!

So, what do you say Ratbeard...........Toby Heath?...........Yes?..........No?...........good try but I should stick to my day job?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
I did it! I cracked the code! El Bandito Incognito is an anagram for------ Glib Antoine ( dot ) Icon

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Maybe it's an anagram, and you must unscramble the letters to get a name?
I tried that, I came up with either 'Cold Bennit' or 'Cold Naten' with gibberish for a last name. Unless the first word isn't cold...anyone else have ideas?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I did it! I cracked the code! El Bandito Incognito is an anagram for------ Glib Antoine ( dot ) Icon
Combine this and MistyDragon's- it must be Cold Antoine! So ha, we win Ratbeard!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
A song keeps running through my head and seems to reflect our situation ( perhaps that's why the tune is haunting me )

And did they ever return?
No, they never returned and their fate is still un-learned.
They will bide forever in that Evil Tower,
They're the team that never returned.

Based on a song by ( The Kingston Trio, I think ) "Charlie and the MTA" and they based that song on "The Ship That Never Returned".

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
A song keeps running through my head and seems to reflect our situation ( perhaps that's why the tune is haunting me )

And did they ever return?
No, they never returned and their fate is still un-learned.
They will bide forever in that Evil Tower,
They're the team that never returned.

Based on a song by ( The Kingston Trio, I think ) "Charlie and the MTA" and they based that song on "The Ship That Never Returned".
Seems a bit ominous...let's not make it our theme song for the tower!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Anecorbie,I don't think we've settled a good time yet.

Anyways,a song my good friend Omar will like...Felix's version of the Court of Miracles,song.By the way,this is adressed to that one Armada captain I caught sniffing around the boards.

Maybe you've heard of a terrible place
Where the scoundrels of the Spiral
Collect in a lair

Maybe you've heard of that mythical place
Called the Pirate 101 message boards
Hello, you're there!
Where the lame can walk
And the blind can see
But the dead don't talk
So you won't be around
To reveal what you've found
We have a method for spies and intruders
Rather like hornets protecting their hive
Here in the Message Boards
Where it's a miracle if you get out alive!


Justice is swift in the message boards
I am the lawyers and judge all in one
We like to get the trial over with quickly
Because it's the sentence that's really the fun!

Now that we've seen all the evicence

I object!

Overruled

I object!

Quiet!

We find you totally innocent
Which is the worst crime of all

Die Armada captain,die!


I know it's tweaked.I know it's short,but still,you gotta love the Court of Miracles.Or rather,the pirate101 message boards!

Ensign
May 04, 2013
7
Back to the "What could be inside" topic...

Aside from the revenge of Moo Manchu he could have gathered up several other previous enemies that we have already fought but now... they have risen from the grave (or wherever beaten foes go when we defeat them) with more power than ever before! Maybe we might see the leader of the crustaceans we met with while helping Lasko. We see Count de Brass (it couldn't hurt to fight him a third time right?) or even the Hydra! Who knows!
But one thing if for sure: "Our chief weapon is surprise, and fear. Our two chief weapons are surprise, fear, and... never mind. Get them!"- Monquisitor Cesar.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
Have you noticed that Hannah Owens is missing from Subata? At first I thought she was only moved inside Lord Chagatai's house, but she's not there either. Now, where could she be? Perhaps kidnapped by Moo Manchu to lure us into the Tower to rescue her? Or perhaps because we have finished Hannah's quests, we no longer need to 'see' her?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Have you noticed that Hannah Owens is missing from Subata? At first I thought she was only moved inside Lord Chagatai's house, but she's not there either. Now, where could she be? Perhaps kidnapped by Moo Manchu to lure us into the Tower to rescue her? Or perhaps because we have finished Hannah's quests, we no longer need to 'see' her?
Last time I was in Subata she was still there. However, I haven't been to MooShu for a while due to the fact that I have been marooned in Marleybone. *shudders and looks over shoulder* Please tell me there will be no Armada Dragoons in the Nefarious Tower. The only good thing about them is that one of them gave me his sword and his gun! The very bad thing about them is that they killed Bonnie Anne! I didn't know about their 'Steely Resolve' power. So that mini dungeon was extremely fun and totally not fun at the same time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
Captain Underwood on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Back to the "What could be inside" topic...

Aside from the revenge of Moo Manchu he could have gathered up several other previous enemies that we have already fought but now... they have risen from the grave (or wherever beaten foes go when we defeat them) with more power than ever before! Maybe we might see the leader of the crustaceans we met with while helping Lasko. We see Count de Brass (it couldn't hurt to fight him a third time right?) or even the Hydra! Who knows!
But one thing if for sure: "Our chief weapon is surprise, and fear. Our two chief weapons are surprise, fear, and... never mind. Get them!"- Monquisitor Cesar.
Well, with the exception of Armada clockworks, no is 'killed' in this game, only defeated. How about Moo helps Dr. Noh escape from the Yakooza? And join forces with General Tso? And don't forget all the ninja pigs we've humiliated. And what about their God/Demon, Hamakala? Something very, very bad is happening at the top of that Tower. "By de prickin' of me thumbs, something wicked dis way comes, Captain my Captain, believe it!" - Old Scratch.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Well, with the exception of Armada clockworks, no is 'killed' in this game, only defeated. How about Moo helps Dr. Noh escape from the Yakooza? And join forces with General Tso? And don't forget all the ninja pigs we've humiliated. And what about their God/Demon, Hamakala? Something very, very bad is happening at the top of that Tower. "By de prickin' of me thumbs, something wicked dis way comes, Captain my Captain, believe it!" - Old Scratch.
Nice Scratch quote...

You forgot Lo Pan. I liked fighting him. Did Lo Pan 'die'? I think not. He just kind of...deflated. Like the Witch King from Return of the King. Except, he's not dead. Because people only get defeated in P101, except for Wan Mo, and a few other guys who are mostly from MooShu. Or you know, people who are already dead, like all of the ghosts, and the undead.

Anyway, the big bosses from MooShu that may or may not be in the tower:

General Tso
Moo Manchu
Sato
Dr. Noh
Lo Pan
Hamakala (!!)
Humiliated Ninja Pig 1,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 2,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 3,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 4,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 5,
etc.
Stormzilla (I still don't think it would fit. Maybe a hatchling Stormzilla.)

and others I may have forgotten. Oh, wait! I did forget one:

GRUMPY CAT!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
MistyDragon13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Last time I was in Subata she was still there. However, I haven't been to MooShu for a while due to the fact that I have been marooned in Marleybone. *shudders and looks over shoulder* Please tell me there will be no Armada Dragoons in the Nefarious Tower. The only good thing about them is that one of them gave me his sword and his gun! The very bad thing about them is that they killed Bonnie Anne! I didn't know about their 'Steely Resolve' power. So that mini dungeon was extremely fun and totally not fun at the same time.
Have you fought Rooke, yet? DO NOT shoot at Rooke or use WD magic!!!!!! Use your swashies and bucks. The tougher they are the better. Ratbeard ( if he's had his third promo ) and Subodai at least should be part of your team. Who is your Presidio companion? Lucky Jack or Birgus is great for this battle.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Have you noticed that Hannah Owens is missing from Subata? At first I thought she was only moved inside Lord Chagatai's house, but she's not there either. Now, where could she be? Perhaps kidnapped by Moo Manchu to lure us into the Tower to rescue her? Or perhaps because we have finished Hannah's quests, we no longer need to 'see' her?
I think you're looking into this too much.We know the Moo Manchu side quest is a prerequisite for this dungeon,so I will assume that it's the only sidequest needed...for now.I could always be wrong.I guess we won't know for a time,until we get the news from El Bandito Incognito.Seriously,though,I was looking for Incognito when making Noble Felix Yellowfish.Uh...I'm so bad at picking names.Though Felix's has some very nice symbolism behind it...I don't have time to talk about that.Anyways,Ratbeard,still in my team?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
I've done it! This time I managed to use every letter of El Bandito Incognito! And I got:

Conditional Ebon Git

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
if they were making a fast food chain to take over the spiral that would be cool, "mc moomanchu"

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
MistyDragon13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Last time I was in Subata she was still there. However, I haven't been to MooShu for a while due to the fact that I have been marooned in Marleybone. *shudders and looks over shoulder* Please tell me there will be no Armada Dragoons in the Nefarious Tower. The only good thing about them is that one of them gave me his sword and his gun! The very bad thing about them is that they killed Bonnie Anne! I didn't know about their 'Steely Resolve' power. So that mini dungeon was extremely fun and totally not fun at the same time.
you learn how to deal with them. i made a guide on here in the marlybone section somewhere, you could have looked at that. it helps all classes so it is pretty useful, before you go to back to Valencia i would check it out... just in case. but i could always help you anyways

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Well, with the exception of Armada clockworks, no is 'killed' in this game, only defeated. How about Moo helps Dr. Noh escape from the Yakooza? And join forces with General Tso? And don't forget all the ninja pigs we've humiliated. And what about their God/Demon, Hamakala? Something very, very bad is happening at the top of that Tower. "By de prickin' of me thumbs, something wicked dis way comes, Captain my Captain, believe it!" - Old Scratch.
Ohhhh, brilliant reference.

Developer
Developer
Hmm... On second thought, Bacon Ignited Lotion works better... Much better.

(That will probably make more sense when you get to the fourth floor.)

You can forget about Bad Nicotine Looting; this is a family game.

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

No. Let's not go there, either.

Boat Cloning Edition?

Nope, sorry-- we're saving that for an upcoming patch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Ratbeard on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Hmm... On second thought, Bacon Ignited Lotion works better... Much better.

(That will probably make more sense when you get to the fourth floor.)

You can forget about Bad Nicotine Looting; this is a family game.

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

No. Let's not go there, either.

Boat Cloning Edition?

Nope, sorry-- we're saving that for an upcoming patch.
Ratbeard you are such a delightfully infuriating tease. As I was never that good at Boggle I will leave your capricious puzzle to the ones that are good at them, yet I will thoroughly enjoy every minute of your nefarious clues.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
sparticus32 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
if they were making a fast food chain to take over the spiral that would be cool, "mc moomanchu"
Or MacMoo Man Chew?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Have you fought Rooke, yet? DO NOT shoot at Rooke or use WD magic!!!!!! Use your swashies and bucks. The tougher they are the better. Ratbeard ( if he's had his third promo ) and Subodai at least should be part of your team. Who is your Presidio companion? Lucky Jack or Birgus is great for this battle.
I defeated Rooke very recently. Sparticus helped me (thank you!) and we absolutely CRUSHED him. It was fun!! I learned the hard way not to use Bonnie Anne when fighting Armada Dragoons, so I used Gracie Conrad, Sarah Steele, and Ratbeard. Ah, that was an epic battle. Of course I didn't get ANY loot from Rooke. Not even a pet snack!