Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Give more companions (and enemies) more powers!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So I've been kind of thinking about companions and sometimes I look at a side quest companion and in my head I think "hey that companion would really suit with that power"

So why don't we give side quest companions more powers?

For example Froggo Villa could have a walk in shadows power or a throwing knives power, and hey if he ever promotes he could have both

Handsome Dan from the Admirals bundle should have a discipline ability along with his rouse

It's really cool for more companions and enemies to have more powers so that the game isn't stale, like how Zeena has her rain of fire, it makes her really cool and people like to use her in strategies becuase of it.

If we give more companions more powers we would see a wider use of companions, people would stop complaining about bed rest, and more people would pay real money to buy these companions from the crown shop?

So what do you guys think and what powers do you think that certain companions(or enemies) should have to make them awesome

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
So I've been kind of thinking about companions and sometimes I look at a side quest companion and in my head I think "hey that companion would really suit with that power"

So why don't we give side quest companions more powers?

For example Froggo Villa could have a walk in shadows power or a throwing knives power, and hey if he ever promotes he could have both

Handsome Dan from the Admirals bundle should have a discipline ability along with his rouse

It's really cool for more companions and enemies to have more powers so that the game isn't stale, like how Zeena has her rain of fire, it makes her really cool and people like to use her in strategies becuase of it.

If we give more companions more powers we would see a wider use of companions, people would stop complaining about bed rest, and more people would pay real money to buy these companions from the crown shop?

So what do you guys think and what powers do you think that certain companions(or enemies) should have to make them awesome
Yeah, I actually very recently made a suggestion like this! https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/companion-additions-8ad6a42b5cedc3de015d09aebaa93900?page=1

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, I actually very recently made a suggestion like this! https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/companion-additions-8ad6a42b5cedc3de015d09aebaa93900?page=1
Yeah I saw, the suggestion for Jane is a really good one too seeing as she has a promotion to work it into

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
I actually like this idea and agree with your points. Here are some of my ideas:

The chicken companion musketeers get from a side quest in Cool Ranch should have a trickshot (either the X or the t one).
The bat Witchdoctors get in Cool Ranch (not Bat), should have a Jobu's breath and/or walk in shadows since it's a bat.
Thunder Hoof should get a Mighty Charge.
The Toreador Swashbucklers get from a side quest in Santo Pollo should have Shadowdance.

Monkey King: This guy needs some love, he's a main story character. He should come with Wind Spirit or Cloud Spirit as monkeys tend to be fast.

Cant think of anymore night now, so I'll be back with some more ideas lol.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Agreed! There are a lot of cool companions that I would use in my line-up.... if they actually did anything. A companion overhaul would be great, especially to Privateers since we get a ton of side-quest companions.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
PiratePablo1 on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
Agreed! There are a lot of cool companions that I would use in my line-up.... if they actually did anything. A companion overhaul would be great, especially to Privateers since we get a ton of side-quest companions.
It would make companions more loved as a whole and it could help create a personality for companions that don't talk

But it couldn't be ridiculous like Nurse Quinn getting a battle zeal

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
We should have a companion training/skill/power tree system that gives our companions a lot more diversity in their powers, actually allowing them to train lots more new powers & talents through leveling up & upgrade existing ones, while still being able to obtain new powers through promotion quests.

Skill tree systems always work in obtaining new powers instead of basic leveling up to allies without deciding how to train new powers on.

Think of it this way. Let's say El Toro has his own unique power called "Blade of El Toro", and it's at Rank 1. It attacks enemies within his range at "(insert base damage here)". El Toro levels up, & BAM!, his power is up for upgrading it to Rank 2 with the use of a new power upgrade token slot, & using it will upgrade it, making it stronger & gives out the effect of -25% accuracy for 2 turns to enemies, no matter what tier El Toro's in.

I'm sure there are lots of other companions that could use unique powers instead of just using shared powers our Pirates use in combat. What do you think?