Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In Subata Teahouse, the chef is serving Tiered Muskmelons to large parties, an artful display of only the best of this fruit. Crown Muskmelon can be ordered by smaller groups and individuals, cut into delicate works of art by the chef. The small ships were my favorite.

Over in the Desert Rose ( or is that the Dessert Rose? ) The cook has whipped up a batch of yummy Peach-Squash Buckle. It's similar to peach cobbler, with a hint of pumpkin pie about it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
At the Kraken Skulls, there is a special on A Roarin' Two-faced Manticore Sandwich, served open style, with extra gravy on top.
Also available is a Die No Hero. It is on a long loaf of bread, which was split and toasted on the inside, spread with garlic yogurt sauce, and filled with a scarakeet breast, Aquilan Lettuce and Tomatoes, Feta cheese, and thin slices of, GASP, the Apples of Immortality. The little sword holding it together is a nice touch, and a handy souvenir. Supplies are limited.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
At the Kraken Skulls, there is a special on A Roarin' Two-faced Manticore Sandwich, served open style, with extra gravy on top.
Also available is a Die No Hero. It is on a long loaf of bread, which was split and toasted on the inside, spread with garlic yogurt sauce, and filled with a scarakeet breast, Aquilan Lettuce and Tomatoes, Feta cheese, and thin slices of, GASP, the Apples of Immortality. The little sword holding it together is a nice touch, and a handy souvenir. Supplies are limited.
Wow, that's epic! I'd like one of both, please!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Would you want to get a "Candy Kane"? I have mixed feelings about this Valencian treat.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
Would you want to get a "Candy Kane"? I have mixed feelings about this Valencian treat.
LOL!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
Yes, it would be nice to crush him between my jaws! Ah, victory never tasted so sweet! What flavor is a "Candy Kane", BTW?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2018 wrote:
Yes, it would be nice to crush him between my jaws! Ah, victory never tasted so sweet! What flavor is a "Candy Kane", BTW?
Nice, didn't think about that. With all that black on him, could be licorice, but my thought is dark and white chocolate, with caramel icing drizzled on for the gold trim. Yum.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 23, 2018 wrote:
Nice, didn't think about that. With all that black on him, could be licorice, but my thought is dark and white chocolate, with caramel icing drizzled on for the gold trim. Yum.
Oh yes! I would certainly eat that!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Silver Dollar Saloon is gearing up for EGGFEST! Hunt up those sky-snake eggs and submit your best recipes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
The Silver Dollar Saloon is gearing up for EGGFEST! Hunt up those sky-snake eggs and submit your best recipes.
One fried egg over easy served on a grilled slice of sourdough, sides: sausage patties, links or bacon. Simple, easy & oh so tasty!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
One fried egg over easy served on a grilled slice of sourdough, sides: sausage patties, links or bacon. Simple, easy & oh so tasty!
Does it have a name?

Here's a couple more:
Egg on the Half-shell, served at the Mezzaluna tavern, Clamshells with fried clams as a pebbled bed for a poached egg, with a modest sprinkle of dill on top

Egg Sunny Cruise, served at the Kraken Skull, a waffle raft with a sunny side egg and a piece of bacon or a sausage for an oar, also known as an Avery Special

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
Does it have a name?

Here's a couple more:
Egg on the Half-shell, served at the Mezzaluna tavern, Clamshells with fried clams as a pebbled bed for a poached egg, with a modest sprinkle of dill on top

Egg Sunny Cruise, served at the Kraken Skull, a waffle raft with a sunny side egg and a piece of bacon or a sausage for an oar, also known as an Avery Special
Call it "Cholesterol on a Shingle".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
Does it have a name?

Here's a couple more:

The word today is "Quiche"! This yummy egg tart comes from Polaris and can be plain or have many different ingredients.
I like it with mushrooms and a topping of toasted cheese.
"Real Pirates do eat Quiche!"

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 2, 2018 wrote:
The word today is "Quiche"! This yummy egg tart comes from Polaris and can be plain or have many different ingredients.
I like it with mushrooms and a topping of toasted cheese.
"Real Pirates do eat Quiche!"
Sounds pretty yummy! One with toasted cheese and seasoning, please!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In Flotsam, they like Egg-in-a-Cup, toast is cut up into pieces, and a poached egg dropped on top of them, and mixed into the toast, with yolk spreading to coat the toast, sprinkle salt and pepper on top as you like. It might not look pretty, but it tastes good.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Polaran Painted Eggs are in. They are hard boiled, but the ornate patterns painted on them are outstanding.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Life imitates Art! I was doing the shopping when what did I see on the shelves? Ginger Ale mixed with lemon ade! Well, blow me down, mates, 2/3 rds. of a siren's tonic is now available commercially! ( And I thought I was the only one to add lemons to my ginger ale! )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Eggfest has drawn to a close, as they were running out of eggs, and people were full. A cooking contest was won by a little old lady from Quesadilla, known only as "Abuela". She made an Egg-citing Frittata, using buffaloon sausage and spiced yum. Zeke presented the prize, a poncho with a picture of an egg wearing a crown.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Apr 11, 2018 wrote:
Eggfest has drawn to a close, as they were running out of eggs, and people were full. A cooking contest was won by a little old lady from Quesadilla, known only as "Abuela". She made an Egg-citing Frittata, using buffaloon sausage and spiced yum. Zeke presented the prize, a poncho with a picture of an egg wearing a crown.
I'd love to try good ol' Grandma Quesadilla's recipe!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
My crew raided a Polaran ship and sold the cargo at The Kraken Skulls Tavern. It was full of Bon Buns, honeyed yeast rolls filled with custard. Yummy.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Subata teahouse is serving Spring Rolls. How seasonal!

The Silver Dollar Saloon is cooking up Mayday Chili.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Padova's Pie Fight Festival begins in Valencia. Banana Cream Pies all around. Duck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 10, 2018 wrote:
Padova's Pie Fight Festival begins in Valencia. Banana Cream Pies all around. Duck!
Ah, yes the Padovan Pie Fight from the role play "A Night in Prison." Good memories.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
With the coming of warmer weather, wise pirates are looking for ways to quench thirsts and cool down. Let's start by celebrating all cold foods.
How about an icy root beer float? ( Have you ever had a Purple Cow? )
Instead of root beer substitute grape soda.
I never saw a purple cow
and never hope to see one
but one thing I say right now,
I'd rather see one than be one.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
At the Kraken Skulls, Mom's Apple Pie, ala mode, with Yum Ice Cream .