Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks Iridian, for the Pear of Power. So sorry that my pet ate it. I realize you were questing for it. Maybe another can be found. Strangely my pet does seem to have a new power and be glowing ever since that snack.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Who was that who ordered the Boiled Sea Soup and Brown-coat Biscuits, at the Silver Spur Saloon? Woah, that was quite a fight, saw someone fall through the upper railing onto a table. Is it Unification Day again?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
When in Big Sky, pick up some Buffalo Brittle. The Bison make this tasty nut treat in a frying pan over their campfires. My White-tailed Jackalope would love these.

The watermoles have been cooking some Garr-fish Skewers. I wonder where they found them?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Inspired by a real beverage, I opened a drink stand in Scrimshaw, selling Clum Juice, a delicious combo of yum and clams. Well, maybe not, even the wharf rats wouldn't touch it. My only customer was a passing crab that said it reminded him of home, where he was bound, and then he decided to go to Mooshu instead. Anyone want to buy a drink stand? Maybe Ryan would be interested in opening a new location.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
Inspired by a real beverage, I opened a drink stand in Scrimshaw, selling Clum Juice, a delicious combo of yum and clams. Well, maybe not, even the wharf rats wouldn't touch it. My only customer was a passing crab that said it reminded him of home, where he was bound, and then he decided to go to Mooshu instead. Anyone want to buy a drink stand? Maybe Ryan would be interested in opening a new location.
Lol, no thanks, clam-matto is nasty and I don't think even yum would help it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
I would buy the stand!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
I would buy the stand!
It's yours, now what will you serve us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
I would buy the stand!
Serve Rapa Nui shaved ice in flavors of pineapple, coconut or ( of course ) yum. Time for those icy cold drinks in the heat of summer!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
It's yours, now what will you serve us?
Why, thank you. You're too kind.

De Island Paradise is now opening! If you buy their Tropical Island Punch*, which is made up of fruit punch, mango, and Yum - with little miniature chewy islands inside of the glass** - along with a Rainforest Kick*, which is a peach smoothie with little mini water drops inside**, you'll receive 50% off the Tropical Island Punch!

*No tropical islands or rainforests harmed in the making of these smoothies.
**Mini islands and water drops may present a choking hazard. Not recommended for Pirates under the age of 3.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
Serve Rapa Nui shaved ice in flavors of pineapple, coconut or ( of course ) yum. Time for those icy cold drinks in the heat of summer!
That sounds wonderful! New shipments coming in for De Island Paradise!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It was drizzling in the Isle of Dogs, when I found a vendor selling meat pies, Cutthroat Claude. I tried one, the taste was... indescribable, though sawdust comes to mind. I suggest the best use for them is to give Dibbler's Meat Pies to Old Scratch and the ebon spectre, they kind of liked it, not loved, but they ate it and it didn't kill them, at least not again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 13, 2018 wrote:
It was drizzling in the Isle of Dogs, when I found a vendor selling meat pies, Cutthroat Claude. I tried one, the taste was... indescribable, though sawdust comes to mind. I suggest the best use for them is to give Dibbler's Meat Pies to Old Scratch and the ebon spectre, they kind of liked it, not loved, but they ate it and it didn't kill them, at least not again.
Nice reference to Terry Pratchet's Disc World series!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There's a new craze at the Snail and Newt. Little puppies and kittens are sneaking down there to buy Chocolate Slugs. For some reason, they are also dressed alike, waving sticks, and shouting things like, "Stormzilla!" and "Shift!" Try not to trip over them in the sewers.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Let's have a cook out and cold supper with Zeke in Gold Creek. I'll bring some potato salad with vinegar and herbs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
Let's have a cook out and cold supper with Zeke in Gold Creek. I'll bring some potato salad with vinegar and herbs.
I'll bring the cornbread with honey butter!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
Potato salad? That wouldn't happen to be Amish Potato Salad, would it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
I know 4 variations on potato salad:
German Potato Salad, which is served warm and has vinegar and bacon pieces, along with the other ingredients.
Mayonaise Potato salad, which is the traditional American style.
Mustard Potato Salad, this is the yellow version and has dill in it ( not my favorite. )
Baked Potato Salad, has everything that goes on a baked potato and can be served warm or cold, yummy!
So, what does Amish Potato Salad have?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 9, 2018 wrote:
I know 4 variations on potato salad:
German Potato Salad, which is served warm and has vinegar and bacon pieces, along with the other ingredients.
Mayonaise Potato salad, which is the traditional American style.
Mustard Potato Salad, this is the yellow version and has dill in it ( not my favorite. )
Baked Potato Salad, has everything that goes on a baked potato and can be served warm or cold, yummy!
So, what does Amish Potato Salad have?
Hmm. This is what I could find.

"Homemade Amish Potato Salad is a classic picnic dish and no barbecue is complete without it. Place potatoes and chopped hard boiled egg whites in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, hard boiled eggs yolks, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper."

"Liven up your picnic side dishes with Amish Potato Salad – a twist on traditional potato salad with a creamy dressing using yellow mustard, vinegar, and a little bit of sugar."

LOL, I seriously don't know what it's made of, but I do know it's really, really good.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
Not quite, it is a version of German Potato salad, with potatoes, minced yellow onions, salt and pepper. This one does not have any bacon. It is dressed with a mix of 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup apple vinegar, and 1/2 cup of oil and topped with parsley flakes, or you can mix the parsley in and add a dash of paprika on top to make it pretty. Some fresh parsley is also a nice garnish if you have it.

Amish potato salad has a light yellow color from mustard and eggs, and is also rather tasty. It's made with eggs, cornstarch, vinegar, cream, mustard, and salt for the dressing, mixed into the potatoes, celery, celery seeds, celery salt, onions and hard boiled eggs. I think it differs from the regular mustard kind due to it's eggy-ness, and use of cream or sour cream, and lack of dill.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jul 9, 2018 wrote:
Not quite, it is a version of German Potato salad, with potatoes, minced yellow onions, salt and pepper. This one does not have any bacon. It is dressed with a mix of 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup apple vinegar, and 1/2 cup of oil and topped with parsley flakes, or you can mix the parsley in and add a dash of paprika on top to make it pretty. Some fresh parsley is also a nice garnish if you have it.

Amish potato salad has a light yellow color from mustard and eggs, and is also rather tasty. It's made with eggs, cornstarch, vinegar, cream, mustard, and salt for the dressing, mixed into the potatoes, celery, celery seeds, celery salt, onions and hard boiled eggs. I think it differs from the regular mustard kind due to it's eggy-ness, and use of cream or sour cream, and lack of dill.
"Amish potato salad has a light yellow color from mustard and eggs, and is also rather tasty."

It is very tasty.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How about some steamed clams, oysters and boiled shrimp to go with that cook out? Seems our crew wouldn't mind chowing down on something that may talk back!
I'll bring plenty of lemons and butter sauce!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
How about some steamed clams, oysters and boiled shrimp to go with that cook out? Seems our crew wouldn't mind chowing down on something that may talk back!
I'll bring plenty of lemons and butter sauce!
Some of the chickens from Ft. McMurtry like it and say it reminds them of a Low Country Boil, back East.

Buffalo Bill, Calamity Jane and Wild Bill went hunting and brought in some Buffaloon steaks to grill. Might want to stick with the Santa Pollo tortillas, rather than what the soldiers brought from the fort, Worm Meal Biscuits. The chickens on your crew might love them though. The Eagles are having grilled salmon, with garum, a fishy sauce.
For entertainment, we can have a shooting contest, using the Stale Corn Dodgers.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Hot from the campfire, Get-a-Long-Little-Doggie on a stick and dutch-oven baked Corny Bread.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
Hot from the campfire, Get-a-Long-Little-Doggie on a stick and dutch-oven baked Corny Bread.
What's a cook-out with out a dessert? In the spirit of summer, I'll bring the strawberry pie!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In honor of One-Eyed Jack's promotion to KI game designer for a new app, and passing on his message boards duties, have a piece of Promotional Carrot Cake in the shape of One-eyed Jack. First piece goes to Jack! He can go on a diet later, now that he won't be reading about all this tasty food every day.

Welcome to you, Bat Masterson, our new moderator! We made this Blood Sausage to welcome you here. It is guaranteed garlic free.