Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Members Only

AuthorMessage
My Pirate friends, it's Friday and once again, it's time to chat about a new topic!

Membership has it's benefits, and we're considering some changes that would make it even MORE beneficial in future updates. To this end, let me ask the community - if we could add one member benefit (whether it be something from Wizard's corner of the Spiral or something entirely different), what would you choose? Double Pet XP? Double companion orders? What do you think?

Have a fine Friday and fantastic weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Double Nautical XP! Keeping that up can be really difficult. I'd love to see a member benefit help us out a bit with that. :)

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
My Pirate friends, it's Friday and once again, it's time to chat about a new topic!

Membership has it's benefits, and we're considering some changes that would make it even MORE beneficial in future updates. To this end, let me ask the community - if we could add one member benefit (whether it be something from Wizard's corner of the Spiral or something entirely different), what would you choose? Double Pet XP? Double companion orders? What do you think?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
What about my idea for member benefit days: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/idea-for-new-member-benefits-for-pirate-101-8ad6a4265e7a51f9015ea6c7c49d306e

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Double companion orders across the board! Whatever you have your companions "on task" for: Wranglin' Plunderin', Scavengin', Sailin', Brawlin' or Keel Haulin' ( make that either a shorter time or an extra tome ).

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
What about my idea for member benefit days: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/idea-for-new-member-benefits-for-pirate-101-8ad6a4265e7a51f9015ea6c7c49d306e
Oh and what about also increasing the friends list again. Right now at least 1 (if not both) of my pirates has a full list of 150 people. I don't know if this would happen but I would like for A. the friends list changing so you friend an account as opposed to each individual pirate, B. The friend limit raised to 250 for members, 175 for non-members, and C. true friends not counting toward your limit.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Double companion orders across the board! Whatever you have your companions "on task" for: Wranglin' Plunderin', Scavengin', Sailin', Brawlin' or Keel Haulin' ( make that either a shorter time or an extra tome ).
Double tomes would be awesome, I also like Double Nautical, but for those pirates at over ten tomes or max nautical already those would be worthless.

Free second chance chests could be good for those who like to farm - but for pirates, one per day wouldn't be enough -- greedy guts that we are, we'd like an even better deal - free second chance chests for all runs of a dungeon? For those desperate for Captain Blood's Jacket or some other extremely rare item, those extra chances will sure help.

Double SCRIP drops -- now we're talking about something everyone can use.

Free Sail changes or ship dyeing might be nice.

Free Companion Resets? Free Practice Point resets?

How about a Shortcut to the Clandestine Trainers for members? OOOHHH!!!

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Free practice point buy back please and thank you!!!

...though if I had to pick another, double pet xp/half time tasks would be my second choice hands down. The thing with half time on pet tasks though is that since they already take a while at higher levels, the amount of "benefit" wouldn't be desirable enough since member benefit windows usually last only a couple of days. Most of that time would be spent waiting anyways so maybe a combination of double xp and half time tasks would be enough to grab players' interest.

The pet system is already grindy as is so really anything would be a huge help, but my only concern would be whether or not the benefit is worthwhile enough to warrant buying a membership to those without one. Though of course us pirates would be grateful for anything at the current moment!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Free roll on second chance chests. You're going to need some more side activities before much else can be added.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

This is epic! I'm going to reply to several people.

To Falmea: I'm going to have to agree with Vanessa - double Nautical Experience all the way!
To Die No (First Post): Great idea! I'd love to have membership days.
To Esperanza: Hmm, that's actually a good idea! I'd especially like Bed Restin' to be a bit extra short...
To Die No (Second Post): Hmm, I think that's asking for a bit too much. If anything, it would be nice to have an extra 25 or 50 for members, but nothing exuberant to get KingsIsle's focus away from updates like adding it to 250, friending the account instead of Pirate, and not counting for true friends. Plus, some people may want to friend only one Pirate instead of the entire account. And how would you be able to friend the entire account, even if KingsIsle would do that? That may take a lot of effort.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with your first post rather than your second post. Good Hunting, everyone!

Ensign
Feb 04, 2016
These are what I can think of.
2x Nautical XP
2x Companion XP
2x Pet XP
2x Gold
2x Scrips

Ensign
May 21, 2012

Finally. Can't express to you how long I've been waiting to see you starting this topic for Pirate101 Member Benefits.

First of all, Double XP for Pets would be useless for a reason. Long waits for pets to finish their training. a pet training activity could finish in 1 day 2 hours. So a Faster Pet training among WITH Double Pet XP would be better as a Pet Benefit.

As for member benefits, I thought of a few, Pirate is more rich in this side more than wizard. So we can be more creative here as for Member benefits such as Double Nautical XP from Ships, Free Training Point buybacks, Free Companion resets, Double Loot Rewards, Free Second Chance Chest Roll, Free Transportaling from the Worlds Transportaler, Double Scrip rewards from Smuggler Arena, Free Crafting Timers when Crafting comes to Pirate

and Please add the Funky Dance Emote from Wizard to Pirate. I love this emote. If possible.

Ensign
May 21, 2012

Oh, I forgot to include more member benefit ideas, But here it is, Half Priced Miracle Mitch for healing our companion's Wound. And Free Ship Fuel Member Benefit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Double tomes would be awesome, I also like Double Nautical, but for those pirates at over ten tomes or max nautical already those would be worthless.

Free second chance chests could be good for those who like to farm - but for pirates, one per day wouldn't be enough -- greedy guts that we are, we'd like an even better deal - free second chance chests for all runs of a dungeon? For those desperate for Captain Blood's Jacket or some other extremely rare item, those extra chances will sure help.

Double SCRIP drops -- now we're talking about something everyone can use.

Free Sail changes or ship dyeing might be nice.

Free Companion Resets? Free Practice Point resets?

How about a Shortcut to the Clandestine Trainers for members? OOOHHH!!!

Oooh,yeah! I could really go for double scrip amounts from Ranked PVP, ships or the Smuggler's Arena. Let's do that one, instead of my suggestion!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
This is epic! I'm going to reply to several people.

To Falmea: I'm going to have to agree with Vanessa - double Nautical Experience all the way!
To Die No (First Post): Great idea! I'd love to have membership days.
To Esperanza: Hmm, that's actually a good idea! I'd especially like Bed Restin' to be a bit extra short...
To Die No (Second Post): Hmm, I think that's asking for a bit too much. If anything, it would be nice to have an extra 25 or 50 for members, but nothing exuberant to get KingsIsle's focus away from updates like adding it to 250, friending the account instead of Pirate, and not counting for true friends. Plus, some people may want to friend only one Pirate instead of the entire account. And how would you be able to friend the entire account, even if KingsIsle would do that? That may take a lot of effort.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with your first post rather than your second post. Good Hunting, everyone!
Even if Kingsisle did only increase the friend limit by 25, I would still be happy. 175 for members is better than 150 for members.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Smart Logan West on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
Oh, I forgot to include more member benefit ideas, But here it is, Half Priced Miracle Mitch for healing our companion's Wound. And Free Ship Fuel Member Benefit.
Why not half off of Ryan's Yum-N'-Ade stand to members? That could be a benefit. Or simultaneous healing to all wounded companions at once from Miracle Mitch at 25% discount? That would cut down on time to heal one companion at a time.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

I think we may need these new membership benefits...

1. More Backpack, Bank, and Shared Bank space. Members need more storage sooner or later.
2. Free daily Second Chance Chest roll.
3. Double Pet XP from pet snacks.
4. Better Pet Sparring rewards.
5. Double companion rewards from orders.
6. Reduced Pet Energy from pet training.
7. Double Scrip amounts.
8. Double Gold amounts from quest rewards & battles.
9. Free Practice Point buyback.
10. Free Companion training buyback.
11. 1/2 off Second Chance Chest rolls.
12. Reduced time for Pet training.
13. Double Nautical XP.
14. Better rare loot chances from defeating bosses.

Those are what I can think of. Would be nice to see those added, Falmea.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Trimond297 on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:

1. More Backpack, Bank, and Shared Bank space. Members need more storage sooner or later.
7. Double Scrip amounts.
13. Double Nautical XP.

I take issue with number 14, if members had better loot chances it would not be fair to crown players who have bought certain areas (example: The Paths Of Penance for The Tower Of Moo Manchu).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
Even if Kingsisle did only increase the friend limit by 25, I would still be happy. 175 for members is better than 150 for members.
Agreed.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:

7. Double Scrip amounts.
13. Double Nautical XP.

As the others have said, #14 would be unfair to non-members; also, the way P101 is coded, what one pirate receives, all pirates receive. It would be difficult to code-in a biased loot drop.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Because of the way pets are trained in P101 v W101, double experience is not a great benefit. Shorter training time would be, particularly for those pets who are at higher levels and take longer to finish whatever they're on.

Have to agree with anecorbie with wanting shorter times for all crew members' activities across the board.

What about an increased chance of pets joining battle?

Boosted heals in battle?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
One of the fun things going on in Wizard the last couple of years are the Members Only boosts that last only a few days, then go away, then another one shows up briefly, then goes away, then a third one pops up for a few days, then goes away, etc. Double Gardening rewards, free second-chance chest hit, Double Pet rewards (which is my favorite), and the recent one - double reagents and free crafting.

People have made several good suggestions here for Pirate. What I would recommend is taking several of them and rotating through them as Wizard has been doing. The rotation tends to keep things fresh and exciting. Of the current suggestions, boosts to scrip is my favorite (Pet Training in Pirate is already sooooooo much better than in Wizard).

If you are thinking about a more permanent boost, I think my first choice would be increasing the items we can put in our houses.

Thanks for asking,

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I think that we should have unlimited gold. :D

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

Here's another idea, what if members could alter / change their flags for gold instead of crowns, and sometimes alter / change their flag for no cost?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I had another thought - Group Plunder - what if Members could open the two-lock Group Plunder chests on their own instead of hunting for another pirate to come and help? Two members together could open four-lock chests.

Wouldn't that be a great benefit?