Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hoilday Idea: Limerick Day

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
It's similar to April Fools' Day by NPC playing practical jokes and spreading update hoaxes. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting "Limerick". It was going to be a fake quest where Captain Avery Sents the player to find the Fish of April that turns out to be a prank.

History: Years ago there was ounce a fox named Limerick who always put pranks on Gunn every time on the first April and Captain Gunn didn't like it at all. So a he ask Ned to pull a surprise plan on Limerick. One day Limerick heard that Gunn was killed by Cutthroats and he want to give his treasure away to him instead and to come to the shipwreck. Limerick was excited to have Gunn's treasure so he went to the shipwreck a found and just about to open the chest Ned and Captain Gunn cover in flour pop up and shouted "Limerick". Limerick scream and drop dead from fright. Captain Gunn felt horrible it nothing he can do about it. But Limerick's ghost wanted revenge of Gunn and Crew for not telling him that he was alive and pranking on him soo easy that why everyone and Gunn's Crew keep on every first day of April to prank on each other so his won't return to prank them to death as a way to the way to take revenge for what Gunn had did to him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Moldy208 on May 15, 2017 wrote:
It's similar to April Fools' Day by NPC playing practical jokes and spreading update hoaxes. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting "Limerick". It was going to be a fake quest where Captain Avery Sents the player to find the Fish of April that turns out to be a prank.

History: Years ago there was ounce a fox named Limerick who always put pranks on Gunn every time on the first April and Captain Gunn didn't like it at all. So a he ask Ned to pull a surprise plan on Limerick. One day Limerick heard that Gunn was killed by Cutthroats and he want to give his treasure away to him instead and to come to the shipwreck. Limerick was excited to have Gunn's treasure so he went to the shipwreck a found and just about to open the chest Ned and Captain Gunn cover in flour pop up and shouted "Limerick". Limerick scream and drop dead from fright. Captain Gunn felt horrible it nothing he can do about it. But Limerick's ghost wanted revenge of Gunn and Crew for not telling him that he was alive and pranking on him soo easy that why everyone and Gunn's Crew keep on every first day of April to prank on each other so his won't return to prank them to death as a way to the way to take revenge for what Gunn had did to him.
Welcome to the message boards, Moldy208! That was certainly a very funny story. I think you'll fit in here very well.

An April Fool's quest line would make this game unique from Wizard101, and I love the name "Limerick" for the Fox!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Is the "Fish of April" a reference to "Un Poisson D'Avril"? ( French for April Fools )

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
anecorbie on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Moldy208! That was certainly a very funny story. I think you'll fit in here very well.

An April Fool's quest line would make this game unique from Wizard101, and I love the name "Limerick" for the Fox!
Maybe Limerick Day should be a way to trick people about an update.

The name Limerick was base on a drunken pirate song by the same name.

(Note: link to Wikipedia removed as it is against the rules. Sorry! ~One-Eyed Jack)

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
anecorbie on May 16, 2017 wrote:
Is the "Fish of April" a reference to "Un Poisson D'Avril"? ( French for April Fools )
Yes

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Welcome to the Message Boards, Moldy208! Great to see another funny Marauder posting and playing pranks and... pirating?

Great story! I love how you used Nathaniel (Gunn ) and Ned from the Quest in Skull Island. I remember this so easily because my new Musketeer just went through this Quest with finding Ned's grave.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 11 Musketeer

(Ratbeard: Aurora forgot "Cap'n"! It be Cap'n Gunn, lest ye forget! Arrgh, I hate when people don't say Pirates' names right!
Destiny Galway: I agree too, Ratbeard! *Walks away before Ratbeard can correct her.*
Ratbeard: Good. Wait... it be Cap'n! Cap'n Ratbeard, lest ye forget! )
Nora: I so agree, Kiley. It should definitely be "Captain" if you're a captain.
Brave Kiley: Aye. That be wha' th' people've been sayin' fer the last half hour now. Arrgh! It be Cap'n! Cap'n Brave Kiley, lest ye forget!
Destiny: I really don't mind about the whole Captain thing. Do I even care? *Swings from nets up in the ceiling.*
Nora: Hi, Destiny! Yeah, I guess I get it.
Destiny: It's Captain! Captain Destiny Galway, lest you forget!

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
Limerick Day can add a limited time funny mounts and pets at any time in the crown store