Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class debate

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
Mr goose on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
no offense but i think swashbucklers are just a teeny weeny bit overused, but you see what i said was my personal opinion.
Swashbucklers are like Fire Wizards--very popular. My main Pirate is a Swashbuckler because I felt like it fit her name, and also because I love the strategy that comes with being a Swashbuckler. (cloaks, poison, and bleeding) I did not think it was better than the other classes. Also, I am a huge fan of Lord of the Rings, so being a Swash sort of reminds me of the Elves.

I'm not saying that Swashbucklers are the best, I'm saying that they're my favorite. While they are common, it takes strategy to be successful with a Swashbuckler. Like I said earlier, each class has its own strengths and weaknesses, so they're all equal in my book.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
As Rachel the Witchdoctor points out, there is no 'best class'. It is a matter of personal preference (as Misty Dragon says), all depending on what you, the player, like to do the most. I have pirates of all classes, and of them, I enjoy my swashbuckler the most, perhaps because she is my first character and the most investment of my imagination. But I do love that flashy, dramatic, over-the-top daring style, that leaping headlong into danger - "once more into the breach, dear friends"-, the kind of person who if all alone, surrounded by superior enemies armed to the teeth, would still say "If you surrender now, I will see that you all are fairly treated."

On the other hand, a privateer needs to stop and think. As a privateer, you are responsible for bringing out the best in your comrades-in-arms rather than engaging in wild duels yourself (you get them, don't worry: the enemies inevitably come to you). Privateers are extremely versatile, all the more so with the new companion system. Knowing what foes you are going to face, you have a variety of skillful companions to bring to play in each battle. Or you can put the order on 'random' and get an entirely new set each time. Makes for a lot of changes of pace and great play if you have maxed the level of all your companions, and with the new companion system, with a little time it is easily done.

When I started my witchdoctor, I was shocked at how much power she had, and the distance she could toss a spell. I never lost a fight or got 'knocked out' until Cool Ranch fighting a boss scorpion that I really wasn't ready for. The sheer damage she and her team can do with a few buffs is astonishing. I first ran into trouble in Aquila - nope, not Bishop, Rooke, or the satyrs... the arena. And the manticores. The buccaneers really clobbered me. True, she doesn't wear light armor; she likes the pure witchdoctor gear. Prettier clothes that way, she says, and I adjusted strategy to survive. (But no room to discuss further).

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Well Swashbucklers be me best, so that be me opinion and I be sticking to it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I think KI technically makes all the classes equal but if you look at PvP history it seems that Privateers generally come out on top.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
No one seems to like Buccaneers. They can halve the damage on your attack, hit your swashy, activate First Strike 7, and vengeace strike you until your head spins! They can also Reckless Frenzy you to begin with, making a 4v4 into a 1v4. Not to mention, they can charge the swashy down before they can blink using Highland Charge, and basically Blitzkrieg you into the ground.

Ensign
Aug 15, 2010
All the classes are equal, the class you like best is all that matters. KI made it so that the strongest class had the least and weakest companions, and likewise the weakest class had the most and strongest companions. The list of strongest classes to weakest (with companions out of the picture) goes as follows:
1: with 26 companions
2: with 27 companions
3: with 28 companions
4: with 30 companions
5: with 34 companions

According to this is the most balanced class for those who want a balance between a strong class and strong companions. could be the strongest through use of crowns. They could buy the 3 strongest privateer companions and become practically invincible.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
now that i think about it, why do we even have these debates? don't they all have there good sides and down sides? i mean really its how you use the class and everyone uses theirs differently so theres no possible way to get a exact answer which is the best. i admit some are good and some are bad but there good and bad at different things. swashbucklers are bad at taking damage but good hitters, privateers are good at buffing but not really meant for being out in the field (there companions have to have buffs) witchdoctors are also good at dealing damage. but not the best at hand to hand combat, the musketeer class is more of a range class, they can try and stop you but if you get to them first they wont last long. but some people find ways around this while others stick to what there class basically is, a big sword, a staff, a gun, two knifes whatever so in order to find the best class you would have to interview every single pirate101 player and take the results and chose the best class. now get back to me when you do that.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
We argue because half of us are angry, and half of us feel like this is fun.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I hope I'm not being biased because I'm a Musketeer, but I think a Musketeer is the best because of the fact that you can build up a leveled Musketeer, get companions that are strong, and a lot of health that charge in and you play from a distance, the way I see it is that if you aren't so miffed if your companions die in long dungeons, you can play from a distance, loose like no health, do abunch of damage and save potions is like the best way in my mind.

Brave Wolf West, Level 65

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Hm .. Personally, I really love Buccaneers, but maybe it's only because I am one? But here is why I think they are one of the best:

1) they can wrap up battles really quickly because they damage enemies a lot.

2) since they are an armored class, I found they block, dodge, and are resistant to certain attacks.
Every time I fight someone that is even just 1 level below me, I never seem to get hurt in the battle. SaMe for other Buccaneers.

3) the blade storm talent has me defeating a ton of enemies at once.

4) our weapons are extremely powerful, and using the, along with blade storm and glancing blow, I can do over1000 damage to one enemy. Note I'm level 45.

5) our powers, such as brutal charge and super charge, can have us run up to our enemies from all the way across the battle board.

6) in battle, I feel companions are really important. If a companion dies, they ain't coming back. If you die, Bonnie Anne or someone can heal you. So if the enemies target YOU and barely hurt you, it'll keep your companions alive through the battle.

I have more reasons that don't come to mind. Basically, it's just health, strength, armor... We got a lot!
( but remember, I envy the other classes a whole lot too!)

Dark Gillian Quincy the buccaneer dorktron

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Ok I am a Swashbuckler and a Witchdoctor I think that both of these two are really good classes. I have been able to solo them very far through the game. But each class has it's own perks. But one thing that bothers me is the game makes buccaneers look like a bunch of brute, dimwitted barbarians. Here are the perks of each class.

Witchdoctor: Can do damage and heal in one round and can cast spells and boosts.

Swashbucklers: Very flexible in battle, can do ranged damage with certain weapons, and much more.

Privateers: Eh Idk never really liked them.

Buccaneers: Very strong attacks and defensives.

Musketeers: Do damage from long range. (Sorry that's all I know)

And another thing, I know I just made a list and all but the thing is you can't compare any of them because they are all different Witchdoctors have magic, when Musketeers have guns, and when Swashbucklers and Buccaneers have swords. Then there's Privateers. I am clueless on them.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
fox7867 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
I think swash bucklers are the best because:

1.The class trainer is really cool and not weird like Vadima.

2. We can turn invisable and incres our attack power!

3. we can make enimies bleed and get poisened.

They just sooooo cool!!!!!

Quick Julia Xaiver level 22 swashbuckler
Excuse me? Vadima is not weird she is like the most powerful witchdoctor around! Morgan La Fite's voice gets on my nerve's! You can just stop hating on the witchdoctors.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The reason we never had a pirate lord is because well every pirate always votes for him or herself......

Each class is different and is customizable to fit the players style and needs. I'm going to say it's a draw!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
I am a myself. Let me tell you, muskets have good power. I have a spell that can take away 600 health from anyone. I would have to say all the choices you picked were good, but I've beat a max level buccaneer in pvp. I'm a max level player myself. I think you messed up with the buccaneer. I have to say, I think the is the best. They are REALLY strong. Plus they can even charm. Although, enemies aren't very strong. One of the reasons I picked the , is because they can probably beat every type of pirate there is. Swashbucklers aren't very strong. They seem strong, but they aren't. I was at my friend's house one day, and she asked me if I wanted to do pvp. Of course at that time I was only level 50- 60. My friend was a max level pirate. I beat her in pvp. This is best to last. Of course this is only my opinion. Reply all you want, guys!

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
SneakyWolfParker on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Ermm i wont say that

Swashbucklers actually believe it or not a bit more damage, and you can agree/dissagree if kobe is good swashbuckler has there own kobe (sarah steele) they have almost the exact same stats...and cards..but imo sarah actually sarah looks a bit better than kobe ^^ and they have way more criticals i dont know what your talking about lol you were thinking of buffs..but swashes have a lot more crits tbh almost every single comment is gonna be sort of opinion based theres really no best class BUT for what your saying you were just not thinking through it :P

~Sneaky wolf parker
~Witty wolf nelson
and some more :P
The only reason Sarah is better, is because she takes away a lot of damage. The only thing is she is VERY weak when it comes to health. If someone had a bunch of healing they would totally beat her in pvp.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
Swashbuckler!

No reason because they just awesome!

Smart Aedan Zest 29

PS: Sorry to boastly!

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
After the update I feel that the classes are very well balanced. Swashbucklers have a pretty big advantage over buccaneers. They can pretty much hide, poison them buff with shadow dance, shield and finish the fight with a assassin. If that doesn't work well with the new gear they can just hide again and again.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2014
All the schools are good in their own way:

Buccaneer: Amazing attacks and armor.

Musketeer: Lon ranged and traps.

Privateer: Healing, of course.

Witchdoctor: Hexes, drains, and dark powers.

Swashbuckler: Cunning and quick, sacrificing toughness for damage.

But I prefer Witchdoctor!

Brandon AshBurn: Level 11 Witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
yllus776 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
All the classes are equal, the class you like best is all that matters. KI made it so that the strongest class had the least and weakest companions, and likewise the weakest class had the most and strongest companions. The list of strongest classes to weakest (with companions out of the picture) goes as follows:
1: with 26 companions
2: with 27 companions
3: with 28 companions
4: with 30 companions
5: with 34 companions

According to this is the most balanced class for those who want a balance between a strong class and strong companions. could be the strongest through use of crowns. They could buy the 3 strongest privateer companions and become practically invincible.
if you have side quest companions
some like me only do main storyline

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
jinka45 on May 23, 2013 wrote:
i ma lvl 50 swashy
i believe swashbuckers are the best
reasons?
they are very deadly with a blade and have many criticals than any other classes
they can poison their enemies
they can bleed enemies
they get the best and most number of companions after privateers
we get a lot of attacks and talents
we are very dodgy than others
we have first strike and riposte which no one can posses ( except that witch doctors can provide haste )
we can stay hidden for a number of rounds and that way we can multiply our damage into two
we also have certain spells that increase our criticals ( and believe me it works ninety nine percent )
swhshbucklers rule
All true man...
#SWASHYSUNITE

-Ruthless Jason Jackson Lvl 22

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Swashbuckler for the win they get through questing very easy since solo isnt as hard plus we can destroy a buck or mostly any class due to insane damage. Muskets are difficult though

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
Griffen Deverux on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Come on man you are gonna end up destroying the amazing community that has built up on these boards

What? my favorite class? History ! oh you mean in game? WATER MOLE
water mole?!?! no like witchdoctor, swashbucklers, buccaneers, privateers, and the best MUSKETEERS!

fearful cassandra lvl 25

i will rank them

1: musketeers and buccaneers
2: witchdoctors
3:swashbucklers
and worst of all in combat except when you need a heal
4:privateers!

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Fire lord on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys I will take a debate to see the best class you guys think guys is.I will take 50 votes i wont vote but i am between swashbuckler,witchdoctor,or buccaneer.But remember guys you can also vote for privateer and musketeer!
Which class of enemy kills your people the most?

I'd go with privateers and other witchdoctors (my main guy is a witchdoctor)

Reason #1

OMG Witch hunter is so annoying man (not if you are using spells, though, I'm a melee witchdoctor and if I try to use freaking Mojo Rising or Mojo Echo, (magic blade storm/double tap and relentless/burst fire, they work both melee and ranged) those evil dragon dudes breathe fire on me and then all my attacks do freaking half damage

Oh BTW witches, all melee attacks with a Slashy, Smashy, or Stabby/Staffy weapon do magic damage. (except for vicious charge and its prerequisites)

For example if you did an Assassin's Strike on a buccaneer he would take full, armor-piercing damage! Yay

You can get a charm called Stygian Charm that gives you Assassin's Strike AND
an accessory called Patch of Chthonic Rage that gives you Vicious Charge from Diskylos in Illios

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The best class is the one that makes you the happiest playing it. For me, that's whatever pirate I happen to be using, and I have multiples of each class across different accounts. Play styles vary, and there is a pirate possible for any given play style. I just pick the one I'm in the mood to play with and I have a lot of fun until I have to stop.