Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commonly Requested Additions to Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
PvP (**Added Practice PvP 11 December 2012-- More to come!)
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
Add Furniture as Loot Drops (**Furniture added as drops throughout the game!)
Card Packs (**Tribal Crew Pack added 1/17/2013)
Pet Store (**Pets for Gold were added to the Crown Shop 2/28/2013)
Better Companion Management (**Benching system implemented 2/28/2013)
Better Power Management (**Power Management system added 2/28/2013)
Better hat for Ratbeard's final promotion (**Better hat added 2/28/2013)
Clothing Stitching (**Eloise Merryweather arrived in The Spiral on 3/27/2013)
Bazaar/Auction House (**Bazaar added 5/23/2013)
Add Mounts for Gold (**Don Ready appeared 5/23/2013)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Class Specific Housing (**Class Houses added 7/18/2013)
Gifting through Crown Shop (**Gifting added 7/18/2013)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Preview House Button (**New button in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
Totem Stitching (**New Accessory Slot that is stitchable 5/12/2014)
Flag/Companion Dyeing (Added to vendor in the Bazaar Sept. 2014 Update)
Captain's Quarters on Ship (Added Dec. 2014 Update)
~~
Commonly Requested
Add mannequins to housing
Ship PvP
Music player
(This is a work in progress -- thanks!)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Thanks for the organizational tool. I was just noticing that a lot of the same suggestions were coming up over and over. It is a good idea to keep them all in one place!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Hello,

Since we seem to be repeating ourselves, I'm starting this thread to keep track of commonly requested features for Pirate101 and linking to the major threads that discuss these topics. This list does not guarantee any of these systems or features will be implemented into the game. The only purpose of this thread is to help organize these requests into one master thread:

Updated
PvP (**Added Practice PvP 11 December 2012-- More to come!)
More housing capacity (**Increased housing capacity to 200 indoors and outdoors! -- Housing Elixirs!)
Holiday Content (**Yuletide items added to the Crown Shop! -- ** Springtime Pets -- **Birth-o-ween -- More to come!)
Add Furniture as Loot Drops (**Furniture added as drops throughout the game!)
Card Packs (**Tribal Crew Pack added 1/17/2013)
Pet Store (**Pets for Gold were added to the Crown Shop 2/28/2013)
Better Companion Management (**Benching system implemented 2/28/2013)
Better Power Management (**Power Management system added 2/28/2013)
Better hat for Ratbeard's final promotion (**Better hat added 2/28/2013)
Clothing Stitching (**Eloise Merryweather arrived in The Spiral on 3/27/2013)
Bazaar/Auction House (**Bazaar added 5/23/2013)
Add Mounts for Gold (**Don Ready appeared 5/23/2013)
More Female Companions (**Gracie Conrad, Zeena (Eagle Archer), and Serpent Augur added 5/23/2013 -- **Lady Centaur Companion in Empire Bundle -- more to come!)
Class Specific Housing (**Class Houses added 7/18/2013)
Gifting through Crown Shop (**Gifting added 7/18/2013)
Add Smashy and Stabby weapons to the Crown Shop (**New in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Preview House Button (**New button in the Crown Shop 5/12/2014)
Allow pets and mounts to roam free in houses (**Let your pets be free -- 5/12/2014)
Totem Stitching (**New Accessory Slot that is stitchable 5/12/2014)
Flag/Companion Dyeing (Added to vendor in the Bazaar Sept. 2014 Update)
Captain's Quarters on Ship (Added Dec. 2014 Update)
~~
Commonly Requested
Add mannequins to housing
Ship PvP
Music player
(This is a work in progress -- thanks!)
What of Housing Dungeons, level cap increases, new side zones added to current worlds, side story arcs, and major story chapter expansions? Surley, those may be good requests. I want at LEAST to see a Housing Dungeon added to Pirate101.

Community Leader
Brilliant idea, Jack! Thank you for - er, hopping all over the Boards so we don't have to!

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The order that I go through the quests in is not necessarily the order that the designers intended us to use.

Searching for Quests - GraceEll

Since any NPC could potentially have a quest for us, after each level up we have to run around and make sure no one has side quests for us. In Wizard101 this wasn't a huge deal because there were only a few people who could have quests for us. However, in this game. Just in Skull Island, there are three areas (four if you count Regal Skyway) that could have people with quests. In addition, once you go to another Skyway/World there is no guarantee that there are no more side quests going to appear in an old Skyway once you level up.

I realize that some of the is unavoidable, but I have an idea. What if, on our map, there was a little yellow question mark to mark where quests were (the cities and/or zones). We'd still have to go through every area in that city or zone to check for the quest but at least we would know what city/zone to look in.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Healing Indicator - Mouser01

In combat (primarily multi-player although I am not sure how to separate it from single player combat), it would help to know when another player is healing one of your characters or help another player to know you are healing one of your characters. This is to prevent over healing that character and wasting a good spell (similar to seeing how many characters are attacking an enemy). Granted if that character is below 25% of his health, he could use all the healing he can get, but it would be great to know this in advance. This could be done by placing a dot on that character's icon to show that character is being healed similar to the dots that are placed on the enemy icons to show how many players are attacking that one enemy..

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Nice, but I would like to add to the requests.

How about taking our old ships and being able to
dock them outside our houses.

I know most players, when they upgrade to another ship,
sell the old ships off.

This is for those of us, whom like to keep the old ships,
as we level up.

Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
Thank you for this thread! Please don't forget other issues such as:

1) Having the option to allow others to join you in ship battles. ie; Mike Horn wants to join? Yes? No?

2) Adding more female companions to the companion list.

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
I'm not sure if this is really an issue or not. As I havent leveled up far enough to know if we get an option later in the game for it or not but here goes.

I usually have a long list of skills or powers at my disposal during battles. I hate having to use precious skills needed to survive some battles later in the fight earlier than planned just in order to find the powers I was looking for to use. Put a scrolling option on the power and abilities list so that I and maybe others can find the powers to use more easily rather than having to waste other abilities that may have use later on.

Community Leader
Ooo! I like this! May I also add...

• The ability to place pets, mounts, extra ships and even companions in one's house.
  • The ability to purchase "Epic Points" (points that would allow acquisition of additional epic abilities) for your companions.
  • More teleportation. As beautiful as some of the in-game vistas are, (and they really are) the higher level you get the more tedious travel between maps and worlds becomes. For the love of Pete, please give us a way to shortcut some of that travel.
  • The ability to use menus while traveling. Opening my quest log during the loooong journey between worlds should NOT send me careening out of the wind lane and into dangerous territory.
  • Let us share crown-purchased ships/parts between characters within an account! Why is this not allowed already?

And, on a final note, I just want to say how much a LOVE the look and movement/animations of the Armada. Beautifully, brilliantly done.

Community Leader
Jack Do not forget Crowned shop gifting. :)

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Paige MoonShade on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Jack Do not forget Crowned shop gifting. :)
Agrees 100% with Mrs. Moonshade :)

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
I have suggestion as well:

I would really like it if there were some additions to the weapon crown shop that gain a bonus from Strength. As of right now, there are only 3 types of weapons. Two that gain bonus from Agility, and the other from Will.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2010
n00bXr on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is really an issue or not. As I havent leveled up far enough to know if we get an option later in the game for it or not but here goes.

I usually have a long list of skills or powers at my disposal during battles. I hate having to use precious skills needed to survive some battles later in the fight earlier than planned just in order to find the powers I was looking for to use. Put a scrolling option on the power and abilities list so that I and maybe others can find the powers to use more easily rather than having to waste other abilities that may have use later on.
You can right click on a skill to have it go away without using it, like how you can discard a card in Wizard101 without having to use it. But a skill you remove from your list in this way does not become available again until your next battle, you loose it for this battle.

I like your idea, but I suspect not having a scrolling list of skills is an intentional design choice. Limiting your access to only a sub selection of your skills restricts how powerful you can become and makes you adjust your strategy based on what is available, much like how the random selection of spells effects your play in Wizard101.

I think a good compromise would be to have skills you discard by right-clicking on them back fill your skill selection slots so they can re-appear on later turns once you've used (or discarded) your currently available skills. In such a way you could 'churn' through your skills turn by turn but still not have access to all of them on any one given turn AND you don't have to 'burn off' skills you don't want to use at the moment just to try and get access to skills not currently available.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
how about letting temp mounts be purchased for gold and leaving the permanent ones be for crowns

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
Crown shop additions:

There are no pure "Stabby" wepons

Privateer did not have a starter helmet in the crown shop either "class restrictive" privateer use only

Organize the gear via lvl and slot type it's all just lumped together makes for easier shopping of real cash items.

Game Ideas"

Possibly a teleporter in your ship once you tab and run around the captain's quarters should have a option much like the doors in Wiz101 to insta port to already discovered locales.

You could even put in a lvl 20ish quest line to place an object in the captain's quarters from which we can pick a locale to port too.. ie at table to interact with that has a map..and as you explore the more area's you are able to port too, just main area's of course one should still need the storm gates just this option would put you at the gates entrance.

just my two cents worth :)

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012

What about have a union type thing. Where you can have a flag on the back of your ship. A flag the the Founder and Co-Founder of the Union agree on with different designs to pick form and signs to show each player in the union.
  • So you don't have to waste your friend slots.
  • So you can help friends out easily.
  • So you can get bonus rewards as the Union level.
the button 'G' could be the button to get to the home box with the Union Information in the box.

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
One Eyed Jack

Put (upgrading your ship's level) on that list. A handful of us had this idea as we hate the prospect of putting aside our favorite boat for the eventual (invincible class) ship we will need to sail when we reach level 50.

One of the greatest features of any MMO is individualization of our characters. The style of ship we choose the clothes we wear, even our weapons gives each player a look & style. Setting up the game where players can stick with a style their whole MMO career or continually change it makes the game more exciting.

It also gives the game much greater playability & longevity... b/c... this gives players personal side quests to embark on.
Ex: As someone advances in the game they find their ship is not up to snuff, so the player embarks on a personal quest to upgrade their ship, so they can fight the more powerful enemies in their next quest.

Take this even farther by allowing us to upgrade or stitch ship parts. This will further add to player diversity giving everyone a greater sense of their ship being more unique aside from JUST being a different color.

I feel like this is the most important addition you should add to the game... b/c being a pirate game... makes it more about the ships than houses, pets, etc.

After all, what is a pirate without his/her ship? ARRR

Ensign
Aug 02, 2010
I would like to suggest that in ship battles you might have an option to take over a ship. Back in pirate days they would win a new ship in battle not by buying one. So why not put this option in game. Pirates fought for everything they had accept drink ...thats what their gold was for. You don't make lots of gold in this game. Treasure chests give you low gold count .. I find chests all over an get 8 pieces most all the time. Pirates were about pillaging not buying ... more pillaging please with option to take ships by force. Have a great day and Thxs. its a good game lets just make it a great game :)

Ensign
Mar 06, 2009
Just a few things I didn't see in Jack's most commonly requested additions.

A crew cabin for ships. It would basically work like a tavern cellar for dealing with companion promotion quests.

The ability to trade crown items to other characters on the same account Including SHIPS. Some items like houses may not be appropriate for trading between characters, but a ship is essentially adventuring equipment. You outgrow it, and since crowns cost actual money I feel that I should be able to continue using the items that I buy with them on characters that they are appropriate for.

A higher gold limit, there are several items that cost right at the limit, and because of recent changes it is much more difficult to get back near the limit, if you get any of those items, even if you are very high level.
raising the limit will allow the purchase of big ticket items without putting us in the poor house.

Community Leader
At one point in beta, it was mentioned that "Ship" or "Ship Equipment" stitching was something being considered or looked into. This would allow us to get those larger ships, with more power, and then "stitch" the ship to the look we preferred. Having been one that has already spent a bit of time, effort, gold, and crowns on obtaining ships, and getting upgraded ships, I would prefer a stitch option, than upgradeing a current ship option. So in summary....
Ship/Ship equipment stitching!?

OFxLedzeplin/OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - lvl50 Witchdoctor (ok, im not so silent...)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
I think there definitely needs to be some sort of quest locator when you click on your map. I know on Wizard 101 there will be a blinking person when they have a quest for you. I think the same should apply to Pirate 101. It would make the game so much better to be able to locate the quest by clicking on the map instead wallking around a world two or three times before you can find a side quest. It gets kind of frustrating sometimes when you are trying for a badge.

Merciless Martin Roland

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Can also add "More House Furniture given out as quest rewards".

Buying it from the vendor is just not the same.

Ensign
Sep 10, 2008
Logansan on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Can also add "More House Furniture given out as quest rewards".

Buying it from the vendor is just not the same.
well i think that's going to be done for more advanced places and they should give things like furniture as badge rewards.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
Having wall plaques and mannequins placed in our homes where we can display weapons and armor. This is for those of us who farm endlessly boss fights for set pieces and weapons which later gets outdatted. Its minor but it does feel like an accomplishment to see a piece of armor or a set of weapons you worked for placed in your home as a personal trophy. I also agree with being able to dock old ships in our homes as its another trophy per se for us who worked to buy and outfit these ships. Also if home dungeons are quests when your home gets 'invaded' as our world is a pirate world I am also all for that. Being able to cycle through skills is also a good idea. I know some classes have less actives as others but for the sheer amount that privateers have it would be useful to our survival be able to pick our skills as later areas (Mooshu) depends on us getting the right buffs off.