Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers only 2:WITCHDOCTORS BEWARE

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Okay if you want a strategy use the obstacles I get so frustrated when I can't use mourning or ghostwail because of an obstacle make your companions take the damage ahh I don't know where to good

Ensign
Jun 25, 2011
THIS MEANS WAR! Hail Swashies, boo Noobdoctors!

Noble Devin Quarter
"Never underestimate a Swashbuckler"

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Deadpoolfanguy on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:

Noble Devin Quarter
i'm on swashie side dont worry :p bombs away! (i'm a privateer)

Ensign
Dec 16, 2011
i think both schools are good just need to just need a good strategy

swashe beats buccaneer and privateer privateer buccaneer beats wd musketeers

wd musketeers beats swashe there no school better

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
624711 on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
i think both schools are good just need to just need a good strategy

swashe beats buccaneer and privateer privateer buccaneer beats wd musketeers

wd musketeers beats swashe there no school better
swashie dont beat privateers privateers be coming after you ;d

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
thatonevalenciansw... on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Attention everyone in pirate101 i declare a pvp swashbuckler vs. witchdoctor war and we will need a strategy against witchdoctors so please give us strategies against the witch menace
silver joseph vane
I don't really care I have a max witchdoctor now working on a swashbuckler XD.

Two faced terrycog level 65
Strong tyler level 26
Victerous henry fluke level 57

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
well, lets see . . . witches float, right? . . . so that means . . . . wait, wood also floats! WITCHES MUST BE MADE OF WOOD! which means . . . . QUICK, FIND SOME TERMITES!

Matt Walker

Ensign
Feb 08, 2014
You want a war? Let our undead army fight you first, then the true fight will begin. :from an island house far away.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Not going to fight Witchdoctors, even if I'm a swashy.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
me sees 4 other swashbucklers looking at me

swashbuckler 1 get him!

me summons a giant dead army

swashbuckler 2 were goners!!!

me sends army after swashbucklers

me your no match for a master of the dead

forever!!! boo golden Leo

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
We are so awesome as a witchdoctor, soul reaver= the end of walk in shadows when you put your fancy assassins strike we have jobu's embrace then mojo reaver with your lack of will so yah we got pvp in the bag
Dino level 40 witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blixet on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
well, lets see . . . witches float, right? . . . so that means . . . . wait, wood also floats! WITCHES MUST BE MADE OF WOOD! which means . . . . QUICK, FIND SOME TERMITES!

Matt Walker
What also destroys wood? Fire! fight fire with fire, get a privateer or musketeer to help fight a witch! Hmm could this be the reason the Armada has outlawed magic?

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
lol Swashbuckler vs witchdoctor fight

Strong tyler Roberts my swashbuckler gets close to my witchdoctor Two-faced terry cog Witchdoctor ports away

when he gets close my companions tackle him and then I use mojo blades and defeat him

just face it Witchdoctors are the
BEST OF THE BEST FLARES AT SWASHBUCKLERS then 10000s of undead chase swashbucklers away

BWHAAHAHAH

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Deadpoolfanguy on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:

Noble Devin Quarter
ok amateurs X Summons giant fist and hits you

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Run past their meatsheild companions and put as much pressure on the Witch as possible. If you attempt to fight their minions, you'll be hit with huge damage powers and die before reaching the Witch. But, beware, they may have tanky "hold the line" + "cheap shot" companions set up midfield as big traps. Withes also have a plethoraof AOE attacks so spread you companions apart. Basically, just rush the Witch and take them out ASAP!

Dark William Atherton

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Bloody Belle on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Well, considering the fact Witchdoctors could easily come to this thread and read off any tactic and strategy we post and work their ways around it... lol
Spoke too soon.
Dark William Atherton

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
privateerking on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
i'm on swashie side dont worry :p bombs away! (i'm a privateer)
Take a Mojo Blast to the face... IN THE FACE!!! XD
Dark William Atherton

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Ultimatemagic1 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
You want a war? Let our undead army fight you first, then the true fight will begin. :from an island house far away.
Couldn't have said it better. GO MY MEATSHIELDS!!!
Dark William Atherton

"The endgame is imminent"- Bishop

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
NegativePi on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Run past their meatsheild companions and put as much pressure on the Witch as possible. If you attempt to fight their minions, you'll be hit with huge damage powers and die before reaching the Witch. But, beware, they may have tanky "hold the line" + "cheap shot" companions set up midfield as big traps. Withes also have a plethoraof AOE attacks so spread you companions apart. Basically, just rush the Witch and take them out ASAP!

Dark William Atherton
You do realize they could just Shadow Step to the other side of the battleboard?I mean,sure most Witchdoctors ignore Shadow Step,but I keep it right at the top.It's much more useful than most people think.Widow's Touch,a couple of Musketeer traps,minions set up and maybe a battle standard can make witchdoctor's hard to reach.Once you do reach them,they could use Mojo Reaver,Mojo Blade etc(I keep those close to the top too) and just shadow step to the other side of the battleboard,slowing you down with Mournsong and Soulreaver.This doesn't mean that the magi are impossible to beat,though...

P.S.Most minions are undead,of the skeletal kind.Why would you call them meatbags,if they have no flesh?

Ensign
Jan 02, 2013
I'm with the 's on this one. Let's get those 's hiding! I will help you 's!

Cruel Flint Xavier Level 65

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
It's hilarious how many Buccaneers and Swashbucklers forget that accuracy does not affect Mojo Reaver, and that a super Mojo Reaver can take away about 2/3 of their health. (Assuming that they're max.) Also, if you Hide in Shadows before an attack, that attack is null and void. Also, we (witchdoctors) can shoot anyone down pretty darn easily, considering that everyone has little to no magical resist and there are no defenses to magic like there are most other things.

Fiery Courtney
Longtime PVPer
Max Leveled Witchdoctor
Skilled Fortune Seeker

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
We just need one more sniper and we sure to win

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Blixet on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:

Matt Walker
I wonder where you got that from

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hehe this is an interesting topic, I have had musketeers and witchdoctors, but I am mostly a witchdoctor at heart, I have the most of them, it is my favorite school, and in my opinion they are the best. I think swashbucklers are a very strong pvp class but I think in a fair fight witchdoctor would win. Here is a list of reason why:
swashbucklers can: hide and attack, have more companions, can move long distances, could kill most buccaneers
Witchdoctors can: summon undead, mojo bursts that can attack a lot of people, can do shadow door to teleport anywhere, use attacks from the other side of battlefield to kill someone and if we do somehow someway run out of powers, unlikely, we have mojo echo.
We both have low health but the difference is witchdoctors can stay in one place and kill people, swashbucklers have to be in the middle of the battle. We have so so so so many powers, the most of any school. Even though we don't have as many companions we still have good school companions along with main companions. We have big attackers with low health like mormo and kan po. If I were in pvp at max I would use hawkules, el toro and maybe bonne anne so it does not matter w don't have as many companions or as good lol. I just really think we have the advantage in a fight. But I could talk all night and not make a difference. Eventually someone needs to make a school vs school tournament where and school and any level could fight another school. It could be fun, something to do every month or so. It would be hard to make for KI but it would be AWESOME!!! What do you think administration?
Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
thatonevalenciansw... on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Very well let's take this conflict to the spar chamber shall we?
One strategy that works well for me against ranged opponents is to use the sunglasses we get from Sato. I have about 5 pairs of them and I kept one unstitched with it's original transportation power. Once my Swashbuckler 'pops' up next to a Witchy Witch, they are suddenly on the defensive. Use companions that have the Brutal Charge ability. Witchdoctors usually try to hide behind their companions and launch attacks from there. Once you break through their line...you got them.