Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The big guns

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
When I use my Privateer bomb powers the fire it leaves now hurts my companions and my friends. Is this a glitch or is it working how it should be? I stopped using it.

Administrator
Hi! I just tried using The Big Guns power on my Privateer, and I couldn't recreate this bug.

Could you perhaps give us a little more information?

Level of your character:
Location where the bug occurred:
Quest Name (if applicable):
Companion Names and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
How many players were in your group?
Were you the only one to experience this issue?

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
After the second round the fire traps are down, I have found the big guns to damage anyone who steps on them.

Also, the card says 100% chance of fires on empty squares, but in PvE there are always only a few fire traps that actually drop. The bombs always cover all 9 squares in the 3x3 area. In PvP, The fire traps work as advertised only when the enemy is in their starting area behind the first (to them) row of Pillars. Outside that area, the bombs still work properly, but no fire traps drop. the same goes for the lesser versions of this spell.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I just tried using The Big Guns power on my Privateer, and I couldn't recreate this bug.

Could you perhaps give us a little more information?

Level of your character:
Location where the bug occurred:
Quest Name (if applicable):
Companion Names and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
How many players were in your group?
Were you the only one to experience this issue?

Thanks!
It happens to everyone Jack. The fires the the spell "The Big Guns" create damage both you and your friend. Severalpeople have told me it was intented, but I would like confirmation too.

So to sump up, are the fires in the bug guns harmful to our units as well?

Administrator
Thanks for the additional information.

Ratbeard and I have talked a couple of other times about this skill, and some of the confusion may be cleared up by reading these links:

one
two

Since both of you PvP, perhaps this happens mainly in the Spar Chamber or the Brawling Hall? It really would help if you would note the exact battleboard where the extra damage from fires is occurring to your friendly targets. That shouldn't be happening.

(Moving this thread to the Bilge Pump)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 28, 2013
On a similar note to this; in addition to the harming allies as well as enemies, I have also noticed that if I select the Big Guns around an enemy my melee companions then can not move into those spots occupied by the extra spots targeted around the enemy. If I deselect the power, target with my companions first, then use Big Guns, they are able to proceed with their attack. This also seems to be happening with the Jobu's Kiss line of WD Powers.

Ensign
Jul 28, 2013
Did a bit of experimenting tonight and it seems that if the bombs kill an enemy and then create a fire, that fire will injure any Ally that touches it. Essentially it turn into an enemy Bonfire, outlined in red instead of Blue...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Maitreakow on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
Did a bit of experimenting tonight and it seems that if the bombs kill an enemy and then create a fire, that fire will injure any Ally that touches it. Essentially it turn into an enemy Bonfire, outlined in red instead of Blue...
Thank you for all your time in scientific mode to do those experiments to see what triggers what. That kind of data compliling really helps us to plan things better and just plain answers our "What the?" questions.