Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Heavy Armor for Musketeers and Witchdoctors

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
Once, I got this awesome looking gear from an enemy, but it was Heavy Armor required. And Witchdoctors don't get heavy armor. I was deeply depressed afterwards, and then the same thing happened on my Musketeer! I sort of get why Witchdoctors don't get to wear heavy armor, but why Musketeers? KI, if possible, could you allow Heavy Armor for Witchdoctors and Musketeers?

Developer
Heavy Armor is reserved for Privateers and Buccaneers only.

Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
What Ratbeard said. Witchdoctors and Musketeers aren't the type of people you think that would wear heavy armor. So just let us use the staffs and guns while the heavy armor bros get pummeled all away across the field while dragging their armor all the way to us just to make a few slashes until death.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
ChrisUnderwood11 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
What Ratbeard said. Witchdoctors and Musketeers aren't the type of people you think that would wear heavy armor. So just let us use the staffs and guns while the heavy armor bros get pummeled all away across the field while dragging their armor all the way to us just to make a few slashes until death.
Which points out the ridiculous mismatch in classes; i saw a pirate with 115 will! there is no way for other classes to get 115 in ANYthing; there is no "witch hunter" for us to use as attacks, no way to dodge poison, no increased criticals, no absorb,.. other classes easily exceed or negate the one thing that's supposed to be theclass strength...yes, I am talking about buccaneer...EVERY attack from every other class overrides. It's true- -one strike, in heavy armor (yeah, right! I still see 400+ point strikes, it makes no difference), and for some reason, our strength seems to ratchet down in battles, no matter what the opponent's strength READS; this is not just whining--I have tried balanced abilities, maxing one slightly maxing one greatly, maxing two slightly, maxing two greatly, etc (within the set limitations--privateers for instance can get up to 15 will on a clothing item, our max is 5), have maxed companions, reset companion training points multiple times/different combos, etc so this is not a whiny rant, but an observation

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
actually rat beard i see some musketeers that use heavy armor but i don't know how they did it?

[lvl 53 musketeer]

Administrator
EpicRapBattlefan90... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
actually rat beard i see some musketeers that use heavy armor but i don't know how they did it?

[lvl 53 musketeer]
Hi! It's possible for Musketeers to have the appearance of Heavy Armor through stitching. More information can be found here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Ratbeard on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I know all you witchdoctors/musketeers/swashbucklers are not happy about this, and I feel your pain, I have a swashbuckler character, but think of it this way:

If a buccaneer and a witchdoctor are in a fight together, the buccaneer will run up to the enemy and start pummeling them, but will get the brunt of the attacks. That's where the heavy armor comes in. The witchdoctor will zap the enemy with their awesome witchdotor powers (yes, I am envious) , but won't get attacked.

Don't let it get you down!

Merciless Olivia Roberts, lvl 47

Ruthless Katie Kidd, lvl 26

Captain
May 13, 2011
its fair that its restricted to buc and privateer. i have a swashbuckler friend who always wanted heavy armor, but they already deal a lot of damage. tons of armor and tons of damage will make a class overpowered, something KI tries to prevent. i find this just fair. think about it realistically. you really think a gunner should be wearing heavy, stiff armor? makes them less agile, something a gunner needs to be