Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ninja Pig Name Change

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
After the test realm update my Ninja Pig's name changed. I miss the name he had beforehand. I assume this is a bug. Is there any way to get it changed back?

Community Leader
Merciless Morgrim on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
After the test realm update my Ninja Pig's name changed. I miss the name he had beforehand. I assume this is a bug. Is there any way to get it changed back?
OMG, I hope mine hasnt changed, I will be furious!!!

Please tell me this isnt happening, and if it is that KI is prepared to "fix" it.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Mine too. In my case, since between my crew and the crew of the pirate I run with we had three crewmen with the same name... I am OK with the change!

Captain
May 02, 2009
I don't have a ninja pig, but several of my other companions names' changed
  • My Privateer's Fa Yu (Inoshishi Chief Companion) name changed to Bao Bong or something (okay, actually that name can stay changed now that I think about it)
  • My Witchdoctor's Tang Po (Helephant Destroyer) name changed to Li Wen
  • My Witchdoctor's Mu Pao (Samoorai Musketeer) name changed to Ah Tsao
  • And my Privateer's Egg Lin (Horse Crossbowman) name changed to, well its not Egg Lin anymore
Plus can the Pig Raider Crossbowman get a name

Community Leader
My Privateer's Inoshishi pig crewmen have all changed names as well.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Community Leader
My ninjapig had a name I was fond of, and thought cool. It was simply "Fa"

Now its "Snake Shadow"??? Who's idea was it to mess with this in the first place.

I want "Fa" back, "Snake Shadow" reeks!

Administrator
We're investigating the companion name changes. I'll provide more information when it's available.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
After the most recent update three of my companions changed names: My horse crossbowman my inoshiishi necromancer and my inoshishi chief was that intentional or a bug?

Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Captain
May 02, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
We're investigating the companion name changes. I'll provide more information when it's available.
Still haven't found the problem yet?

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Jack,

Any news on this? I had submitted a bug report but simply got a "thanks for letting us know" response.

Not even a "were working on it" or "we are checking into it" response.

Hating my ninja pigs name, and seeing many worse than my own.

Thanks for any update you can give....

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Doctor Z on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
After the most recent update three of my companions changed names: My horse crossbowman my inoshiishi necromancer and my inoshishi chief was that intentional or a bug?

Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Um ki that was supposed to be its own topic how did it get here?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Yeah, all our Shan Gas have been renamed. Glad it's not just us. But, as mwc67f says, our crews had three Shan Gas (Shans Ga?) between them, and when two of the Shans and both El Toros came out, it got a little silly. Especially when the two Shans on the same crew decided to play. I only noticed name changes on the pigs, no one else.

Administrator
We've found the underlying cause and think we have a solution; however, it's going to require some more testing.

Patience everyone! In the meantime you get to pretend that your MooShu companions have an alter ego.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Mooshooites (Mooshooi?) are schizo? The explains a lot, actually.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Doctor Z on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
I expect someone moved it to keep the topics on the same subject together.

Community Leader
Doctor Z on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
Its not uncommon for forum admins/moderators to "merge" threads that are of the same subject.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
We've found the underlying cause and think we have a solution; however, it's going to require some more testing.

Patience everyone! In the meantime you get to pretend that your MooShu companions have an alter ego.
Jack,

Any updates?
Changing the names of one of my favorite companions really put a damper on things for me.
Losing the desire to play...

Are they going to be able to fix this?

Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:
Jack,

Any updates?
Changing the names of one of my favorite companions really put a damper on things for me.
Losing the desire to play...

Are they going to be able to fix this?
Hey Jack,

Any word on our misnamed ninja pigs?
My ninja pig refuses to battle now, he cries about his name change.

Hes having a huge identity crisis.

Please fix our ninja pig names!!! ;)

Administrator
Unfortunately further testing showed the solution would actually cause greater problems; therefore, all companion name changes from the last update will remain changed. We realize this is a disappointment since many of us grew very attached to the names we had for our companions, and we understand this was both an unannounced and unexpected name change, but in this case, the change must remain the way it is.

Please accept our apology, and we hope that you can still enjoy your good old companions with a fresh new name.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
Unfortunately further testing showed the solution would actually cause greater problems; therefore, all companion name changes from the last update will remain changed. We realize this is a disappointment since many of us grew very attached to the names we had for our companions, and we understand this was both an unannounced and unexpected name change, but in this case, the change must remain the way it is.

Please accept our apology, and we hope that you can still enjoy your good old companions with a fresh new name.
Thanks for the reply Jack, that unfortunately is very disappointing.

Frankly I think they should roll back all the changes that caused it, and then make the changes they wish to apply work correctly before reapplying them. (I work in the software industry, and we would have been forced to do this with our clientele)

Names and personnas are a big deal to MMO players.
We need an option to change our companion names.

My NinjaPig has a Bison class name that doesnt fit him, or me, is nowhere near "fresh". ;)

From fame... to lame... all in one KI update.

Ive deleted and restarted level 80 wizards because I cant stand their names.
I already demote most all companions that have cruddy names, now I guess I have to bury my ninja pig.
How do you play a game with character names you cannot stand?

Captain
May 02, 2009

So, in another way, our companions whose named we loved, quit on us but they didn't want to leave us hanging so they sent their twin brother or a clone of themselves in their absence. Thats a bummer. I really like Tang Po, guess Li Wan will have to do.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Juliet: What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii 1-2)

Clearly I can live with the companion formerly known as Shan Ga being -- whatever he got renamed to. Lo Ba, I think, which makes me think of a basso profundo sheep, not a pig, but there you go. I know you all probably tried to fix things, and I'd much prefer you spent your time and energy doing whatever it takes to open a new world and raise the level cap soonish.

Thanks for trying, and thanks especially for keeping us informed, even if the news isn't what some of us would have liked to hear.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Little known fact: In Shakespeare's first draft of Romeo and Juliet, Romeo's name was Shan Ga.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
I used to have three wu's on my crew but now i only have one.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
This is dissappointing but I understand. I will probably just call my ninja pig by his old name anyway.