Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Captain Swing not appearing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Hi there.
Captain Swing, a boss in Bonnie Anne's current final promotion, is known to drop unique items that ONLY are dropped by him. These items include his hat, outfit, boots, and sword. The only problem with this is once you defeat Captain Swing during Bonnie Anne's promotion quest and turn the quest in, there is no way to fight Captain Swing again - he doesn't show up when you go to his lair in the Secret Tunnels. The gear he drops is extremely unique, perhaps some of the best looking gear in the game. But unfortunately it is No Trade meaning if you missed out on it during Bonnie's promotion, there is no way for you to get it.
I am hoping this is just a bug, as I can't imagine you would intentially give unique drops to a one time only boss. Could you kind people at Kingsisle please make Captain Swing repeatable, even after turning in Bonnie's promotion quest?
Thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Privateer on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
Captain Swing, a boss in Bonnie Anne's current final promotion, is known to drop unique items that ONLY are dropped by him. These items include his hat, outfit, boots, and sword. The only problem with this is once you defeat Captain Swing during Bonnie Anne's promotion quest and turn the quest in, there is no way to fight Captain Swing again - he doesn't show up when you go to his lair in the Secret Tunnels. The gear he drops is extremely unique, perhaps some of the best looking gear in the game. But unfortunately it is No Trade meaning if you missed out on it during Bonnie's promotion, there is no way for you to get it.
I am hoping this is just a bug, as I can't imagine you would intentially give unique drops to a one time only boss. Could you kind people at Kingsisle please make Captain Swing repeatable, even after turning in Bonnie's promotion quest?
Thanks.
He's not there because you've arrested him. If the dungeon was un- repeatable, we wouldn't be able to enter the dungeon. Is there anyone out there who can tell us they've received these drops while farming?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
The Privateer on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
Thanks.
Maybe

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

It's a hint to his future appearance?

Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Can someone from the Kingsisle team give us some information about this? Is it a bug? Will it be fixed?

Administrator
The Privateer on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Can someone from the Kingsisle team give us some information about this? Is it a bug? Will it be fixed?
Hi! Perhaps this link will help answer your question regarding Captain Swing.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*