Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do's and don't's, a high levels curse, READ

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Let me first tell you I've finished the game. I consider myself a very nice, respectable player. I never steal the glory of a fight, I never join a battle without asking first. I am max level and know what is going to happen, and still I do not direct a fight. I'm no Steven Spielberg. Take notes guys.
Those of you screaming for help from us higher level guys, then trying to tell us who to attack, what to do, and then to wait, don't join, join now, where are you, port NOW, or HOW LONG...who do you think you are?
You asked for help, click your mouse and remain quiet while we do what you asked us to do(when we are done doing what we are doing, we're not staring at the screen motionless waiting for a distress call). Otherwise, do it a lone. This is a growing problem. We're not here to finish anything for you. We don't care to help you, but we do NOT play just to make it a cake walk for you.
Earn your levels, your gold, and your own xp. Otherwise, quit being so lazy and pathetic hoping for someone to hold your hand and level you up quickly.
Some of the biggest problems I see are you guys making your crew invisible when a high lvl friend joins. You just forced every attack on the friend you invitedto help. Thanks much? Secondly, going afk once the friend joins in a tough fight. Oh you have help now, time to run fix a snack and let he/she do all the work, let them take all the damage until you bring your lazy butt back to the game? Really?
We're not here to do it for you. Helping friends builds friendships, but YOUR way makes us want to watch your character die. I've used Zeena to fry quite a few of you, then flee, just to make you so mad you're spitting bullets.
You get no free ride with me. Remember Travis Jones, Vice Admiral, and think twice before you beg for help. I will leave you to die for pure spite if you pull any of the above stunts. However, if you're ready to learn and kick some you know what, let's go! I can be loads of fun, and very beneficial.
Sincerely,
Travis, max level buccaneer, always willing to help anyone, always a cut up(just don't be a lazy gamer).

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Happen to me last night they couldn't join the area i was at so they keep using the menu chat ask me to go where there at <_<, " Sorry man but i got quest to do " i quit the game after it then got back on today

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
Finally someone had the guts to say it.

Silver Luis Cog L 65 (At leisure)
Griffin Kidd L 23

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I have this one friend that ALWAYS asks for help. THEN, after I teleport to her to help, she goes afk for like, the whole battle. PLUS, she's the same level as me if not higher so its not like the battle is a breeze for me either!!!! Also, I was helping a level 60 in a battle (yeah, I know. I level 42 helping a level 60.) and he didn't even say thank you when I was taking time away from MY QUESTING to go help him!! Then he kept calling me back (because he was in a dungeon). Then, we were doing the last battle and I was about to die and so was he so he said he was going to flee and come back. So he fled. But then I died. And then HE got mad at

ME for dying!!!! Well, EXCUSE ME!! I was just trying to help!!! And I didn't even get so much as a thank you!! And then of course, I was in a battle, about to die, so I asked him for some help. He said he was busy. Then whenever the battle was over, I saw that he was just in his house!!!! What kind of world are we living in......? Lol. I mean seriously, you don't HAVE to help me if you don't want to but at least say thank you whenever I help you.

Rachel - Level 42

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol Oh man this is great. Very well said and eloquently put. I have lost track of the times it has happened to me. I have just been too nice to retaliate like you have. I think my Zeena and I now have a new strategy lol. So many times I ask if they have tried the fight they want help with alone first because I do not want to be the muscle to help a lazy gamer sail through the game either. They have started to expect this and I have discovered that some now lie about attempting the fight because they give themselves away being surprised at something in the fight. Well they only lie to me once, then they are off my list.
I, like you, do not mind at all helping someone who wants to learn and will gladly give up my questing time to help someone be a better player or just help them through a really tough fight but I despise being taken advantage of. I couldn't have said this better and your ending deserves an award. Awesome. A Harrrrty thumbs up

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
As a Privateer I know this all too well.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I have this one friend that ALWAYS asks for help. THEN, after I teleport to her to help, she goes afk for like, the whole battle. PLUS, she's the same level as me if not higher so its not like the battle is a breeze for me either!!!! Also, I was helping a level 60 in a battle (yeah, I know. I level 42 helping a level 60.) and he didn't even say thank you when I was taking time away from MY QUESTING to go help him!! Then he kept calling me back (because he was in a dungeon). Then, we were doing the last battle and I was about to die and so was he so he said he was going to flee and come back. So he fled. But then I died. And then HE got mad at

ME for dying!!!! Well, EXCUSE ME!! I was just trying to help!!! And I didn't even get so much as a thank you!! And then of course, I was in a battle, about to die, so I asked him for some help. He said he was busy. Then whenever the battle was over, I saw that he was just in his house!!!! What kind of world are we living in......? Lol. I mean seriously, you don't HAVE to help me if you don't want to but at least say thank you whenever I help you.

Rachel - Level 42
I have to agree, though I usually don't mind since I'm maxed and most of my friends are still in Mooshu. I have this one friend who wants me to help him lvl all the way to max, and he's around lvl 48. I don't mind that at all: Helping him reach max. He thanks me after every battle, and one time, bought something for me in the crown shop to show his thanks. He's a nice guy who just needs some help...

On the flip side, there's this other guy, Hunter, who's a real pain. He just reached Marleybone and always asks me to come port and help him. I don't mind that either, but it's his arrogance that gets to me. He's like the guy you described (I wouldn't be surprised if he was the same dude). Also, whenever I'm busy decorating my house, he chimes in and tells me to follow him. I ask him where, but he just says for me to follow. I do, and he takes me to the PVP arena in Skull Island and tells me to play on his red or blue team. I did, that one time, and he was whispering to me, telling me what to do and stuff, and if I didn't do it, he would shout, "NOOOOOOO!" as if I had no idea what I was doing. I'm Maxed: He's barley though Marleybone! Anyways, we lost because it was just 3 of us against 4 maxed players (i think they were a team or something ). There was no chance of us winning, right? But he didn't think so. I was the only max person on our team and he was shouting at the other team, saying we were gonna win and how they were weak (is he out of his mind?! ). They killed me in 3 rounds, and he and the other girl went down easily. 5 rounds was all it took for them to finish us, and he was UP-SET. I ported back to my house, he followed, and was yelling at me about how I didn't know how to play and such. I just shouted back saying, "At least it took me tree rounds for them to kill me compared to your too." He's no longer my friend anymore, but still.... what nerve some people have!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
TravisJones74 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Let me first tell you I've finished the game. I consider myself a very nice, respectable player. I never steal the glory of a fight, I never join a battle without asking first. I am max level and know what is going to happen, and still I do not direct a fight. I'm no Steven Spielberg. Take notes guys.
Those of you screaming for help from us higher level guys, then trying to tell us who to attack, what to do, and then to wait, don't join, join now, where are you, port NOW, or HOW LONG...who do you think you are?
You asked for help, click your mouse and remain quiet while we do what you asked us to do(when we are done doing what we are doing, we're not staring at the screen motionless waiting for a distress call). Otherwise, do it a lone. This is a growing problem. We're not here to finish anything for you. We don't care to help you, but we do NOT play just to make it a cake walk for you.
Earn your levels, your gold, and your own xp. Otherwise, quit being so lazy and pathetic hoping for someone to hold your hand and level you up quickly.
Some of the biggest problems I see are you guys making your crew invisible when a high lvl friend joins. You just forced every attack on the friend you invitedto help. Thanks much? Secondly, going afk once the friend joins in a tough fight. Oh you have help now, time to run fix a snack and let he/she do all the work, let them take all the damage until you bring your lazy butt back to the game? Really?
We're not here to do it for you. Helping friends builds friendships, but YOUR way makes us want to watch your character die. I've used Zeena to fry quite a few of you, then flee, just to make you so mad you're spitting bullets.
You get no free ride with me. Remember Travis Jones, Vice Admiral, and think twice before you beg for help. I will leave you to die for pure spite if you pull any of the above stunts. However, if you're ready to learn and kick some you know what, let's go! I can be loads of fun, and very beneficial.
Sincerely,
Travis, max level buccaneer, always willing to help anyone, always a cut up(just don't be a lazy gamer).
ROTFL

Fortunately, I keep a pretty tight list of friends and don't add anyone I don't already know really well (at least, now I do).

For one thing, it's not like W101 where you can mark and port back or have easy access to the world you just left behind to help someone. You can easily lose your life fountain, depending where you are porting to and where you're helping.

Before I cleaned out my friend's list, I would get low levels porting to me in an Aquila dungeon and just sit there. Some would ask for help, and yes, try to tell me what to do, including the W101 line "I'll kill the boss". Or, random people that will join a mob fight when we're just about done killing the last one, just to get the treasure chests.

I'm sure there are many here who can share 'horror' stories of helping others and others porting to them.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it!!!!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I thank all of my friends for helping me in that particular situation and they thank me and I am a high level.romantic rebbeca ivring level 65 .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree, though I usually don't mind since I'm maxed and most of my friends are still in Mooshu. I have this one friend who wants me to help him lvl all the way to max, and he's around lvl 48. I don't mind that at all: Helping him reach max. He thanks me after every battle, and one time, bought something for me in the crown shop to show his thanks. He's a nice guy who just needs some help...

On the flip side, there's this other guy, Hunter, who's a real pain. He just reached Marleybone and always asks me to come port and help him. I don't mind that either, but it's his arrogance that gets to me. He's like the guy you described (I wouldn't be surprised if he was the same dude). Also, whenever I'm busy decorating my house, he chimes in and tells me to follow him. I ask him where, but he just says for me to follow. I do, and he takes me to the PVP arena in Skull Island and tells me to play on his red or blue team. I did, that one time, and he was whispering to me, telling me what to do and stuff, and if I didn't do it, he would shout, "NOOOOOOO!" as if I had no idea what I was doing. I'm Maxed: He's barley though Marleybone! Anyways, we lost because it was just 3 of us against 4 maxed players (i think they were a team or something ). There was no chance of us winning, right? But he didn't think so. I was the only max person on our team and he was shouting at the other team, saying we were gonna win and how they were weak (is he out of his mind?! ). They killed me in 3 rounds, and he and the other girl went down easily. 5 rounds was all it took for them to finish us, and he was UP-SET. I ported back to my house, he followed, and was yelling at me about how I didn't know how to play and such. I just shouted back saying, "At least it took me tree rounds for them to kill me compared to your too." He's no longer my friend anymore, but still.... what nerve some people have!
Lol I think I know or knew that Hunter . He is no longer on my lists either for the very same reasons. I wonder if he will ever clue in as to why he keeps losing so many friends lol.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
YES YES YES YES YES! i agree i am a lvl 61 withcdoctor :) however all of my weaker friends from before just came back on with the marlybone update they all ask for help. one i'm fine with but i'm not giving names!

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
This happens to me so much, I'm a level 65 Privateer and my friend named Nicholas keeps asking for help, EVERY single battle! Every dungeon, every collection quest, every defeat ship quest, sometimes my other friends ask me for help in PvP, not in the middle of the fight but at the going onto the sigil part of it. I always say no cause they are always fighting clans like EnVy, and all those other useless clans that fight for nothing, they always say stuff like "Yeah we win!" or "In your face!" Who cares? Your gaining nothing but haters, PvP has no goal in it, yet and I know you always say "I'm just practicing" Yes I know but you fight a clan, you should say "Good Game" or " Nice match :)" That's what I always say, whenever I lose I say "Dang, nice man :P" or "I might have to go get better gear to face people like you" But anyways I hope you get my point that PvP is a friendly thing that everyone should respect people in. Even if you lose, say "Good Game" It's just something people will not get mad over. Thank you.

Kyle - Level 65 Privateer
Cyrus - Level 9 Swashbuckler

P.S: If you can't finish something without help, do a bit of side quests, they help.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
ahoy travis, well said for sure
lol
happens all the time
i finally deleted a few of those take a break after you join friends and made my pirate much happier!
i do ignore many pirate directors though

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Lol Oh man this is great. Very well said and eloquently put. I have lost track of the times it has happened to me. I have just been too nice to retaliate like you have. I think my Zeena and I now have a new strategy lol. So many times I ask if they have tried the fight they want help with alone first because I do not want to be the muscle to help a lazy gamer sail through the game either. They have started to expect this and I have discovered that some now lie about attempting the fight because they give themselves away being surprised at something in the fight. Well they only lie to me once, then they are off my list.
I, like you, do not mind at all helping someone who wants to learn and will gladly give up my questing time to help someone be a better player or just help them through a really tough fight but I despise being taken advantage of. I couldn't have said this better and your ending deserves an award. Awesome. A Harrrrty thumbs up
LOL, thanks everyone for the replies. And Chrissy, yes, the Zeena tactic works very well :)

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
ROTFL

Fortunately, I keep a pretty tight list of friends and don't add anyone I don't already know really well (at least, now I do).

For one thing, it's not like W101 where you can mark and port back or have easy access to the world you just left behind to help someone. You can easily lose your life fountain, depending where you are porting to and where you're helping.

Before I cleaned out my friend's list, I would get low levels porting to me in an Aquila dungeon and just sit there. Some would ask for help, and yes, try to tell me what to do, including the W101 line "I'll kill the boss". Or, random people that will join a mob fight when we're just about done killing the last one, just to get the treasure chests.

I'm sure there are many here who can share 'horror' stories of helping others and others porting to them.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it!!!!
You are most welcome, glad you enjoyed :)

Ensign
Dec 30, 2012
I have deleted so many people because instead of asking once they spam my chat with the four letter word HELP!!! As if capital letters are going to make me drop my questing to go help some one that doesn't know how to play, I've never asked for help, because I haven't found a spot where I desperately needed it, it may be because my main is a privateer....but I've also leveled a witch and swashbuckler past mooshu, I'm willing to help someone that is polite about it,
my main gripe is low level people porting to my high lvl fights just to get money, and of course the going afk reeeeally bugs me, I hate to flee fights....but I do when this happens....I still think use courtesy and ask if you can join a fight or better yet KI implement it to where you need permission to join from the person who started the fight in the first place!

stormy jewel 62 privateer

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Bloody Belle on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:

Wow, yeah, he would be on ignore real fast. I have no use for pvp at all. Such a waste of time.

Ensign
May 31, 2009
I have a few players who my friends don't mind helping because I thank them

smart Michael usher lvl 65
serious kai jibley lvl 40
corrupt francesco Emmett lvl 50
brass lail johnathan lvl 10
unfair Michael parker lvl 19

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Lol I think I know or knew that Hunter . He is no longer on my lists either for the very same reasons. I wonder if he will ever clue in as to why he keeps losing so many friends lol.
We knew the same guy?

Also, I think he knows, but he doesn't really care. He's just using us till we give up on him, then goes to to find someone else to do his work... like I said before, what never some people have.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
The most annoying thing for me is having the person ask for help on only ship battles and nothing else.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
FINALLY!! somebody who can flat out say how annoying some people are. I find it better to be harsh and honest, than nice and keep lying.
I have my own set of rules when it comes to this stuff.
1.I do not help my lower level friends with fights or dungeons unless I needed help with the fight myself.

2.i do not friend random strangers when I take a pit stop to skull island. if they send more than 2 requests, they get ignored.

3.If a lower level friend gets me to help them and then either flees, or goes afk, and is still online, I ignore them, and then tell anyone else I know that knows the friend, so they will not have to endure another noob annoyance.

4.Try to avoid the whole "clan" community of PvP, for the experiences I have had from that aspect introduced me to the more competitive and dark side of the PvP community.

5.Do not let demanding friends interrupt you from what you want to do yourself. if a friend wants you to join a PvP match, help them farm, help with a quest, make sure your not becoming a pushover, because that leads people to believe that they can make you do whatever they want.

6. Remember that this is a GAME!!! I know people who treat this like life and death, and if I don't save them in a fight, that I am some kind of selfish demon. sometimes people get so involved in this game that it seems like they forget that they can just close the laptop and do something else. as committed to this masterpiece as I am, I know that there have to be limits.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
noobs friend me for help like fin miranda deacon etc the #1 thing they need help with is the renegades at the end of monquista ships like its so annoying i deleted many friends sometimes sadly i lie to them cause i dont want to help edward devearux

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
gilthanis316 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I have deleted so many people because instead of asking once they spam my chat with the four letter word HELP!!! As if capital letters are going to make me drop my questing to go help some one that doesn't know how to play, I've never asked for help, because I haven't found a spot where I desperately needed it, it may be because my main is a privateer....but I've also leveled a witch and swashbuckler past mooshu, I'm willing to help someone that is polite about it,
my main gripe is low level people porting to my high lvl fights just to get money, and of course the going afk reeeeally bugs me, I hate to flee fights....but I do when this happens....I still think use courtesy and ask if you can join a fight or better yet KI implement it to where you need permission to join from the person who started the fight in the first place!

stormy jewel 62 privateer
I 100% agree that KI should implement it so that someone HAS to ask for permission to join a fight. I have thought that since day one, glad you agree! Great minds think a like :)

Captain
May 16, 2011
Yeah, I have had this happen to me before. Even in times where they don't need my help at all! Like this one time.
~
One of my low level friends,(this person was level 24 I believe) who only had menu chat repeatedly yelled Help! at me, without giving me a chance to respond. So I was annoyed at this, and I became even more annoyed at what happened next. When I teleported to help him fight scorpions in Arroyo Grande, I saw that he already had a level 62 helping him! SERIOUSLY?!
~
And I have had multiple other incidents like this. If it doesn't stop, I may have to start defriending people.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I have had this happen to me before. Even in times where they don't need my help at all! Like this one time.
~
One of my low level friends,(this person was level 24 I believe) who only had menu chat repeatedly yelled Help! at me, without giving me a chance to respond. So I was annoyed at this, and I became even more annoyed at what happened next. When I teleported to help him fight scorpions in Arroyo Grande, I saw that he already had a level 62 helping him! SERIOUSLY?!
~
And I have had multiple other incidents like this. If it doesn't stop, I may have to start defriending people.
I remembered that happening to me before... I joined a fight, then another friend of his joined and he was an even higher level (then one of my friends accidentally ported cause I told them I was at my house, which I was). I was close to maxed (i think I was level 62 as well..?).

But any who, that's why I never friend people on Menu Chat. I'm sorry if that will upset anyone, but I hate it whenever they're yelling for help and I'm in a battle, and can only speak to them from the little list of words they have when you're in a battle (KI NEEDS to fix that). The only good thing about Menu Chat is that you can tell people your level without having to make up words to say numbers lol (i'm guilty of sneaking around the filters sometimes: Only with telling people my level though ).