Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
Noble Wolf on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
My problem with CR is that it is littered with bugs.
That must explain why my character is unable to enter the game after doing a dungeon there

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
im level 18 and all my companions are level 16 and still i cant beat that fat chicken guy is there a special tactic ive have epic companions but they keep getting destroyed then it's just me HHHEEELLLPPP

Ensign
Aug 15, 2009
I dont think CL is hard , i got there on lvl 17 easily done the quests some ships killing quests were annoying but after 20 all was good and challanging , they should make evry world like that cause if there is no challange then no fun !!!!!!!!!!! . I pirate 101 K I dont listen to some ppls (please dont take personally) CR is really COOOOLL!!!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
CrazyWolfZapper on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I will have to disagree with the original poster, the point of Ki's games is to be enjoyable to all ages. What fun is it even at level 18 to not even win 1 battle. I have watched the fights and have changed tactics and different companions only to have a Buffaloon take out most of my party with their added attacks and insane dodge rates (have tried accuracy gear). This level really needs to be reviewed or add more to the previous zone to level up players a bit more. I understand it probably gets better once you hit low 20's but already have little one asking me to change games due to not being enjoyable even as a family activity. I can't see how this zone will make casual players want to continue.
Well remember not only kids play this game they want to appeal anyone they can using difficulty and such,AND yes cool ranch is a very hard place it takes getting used to but once you do you know it common for a normal enemy to take at lease 10 hits to kill but i'm a little skeptical about mooshu and the difficulty of that place is a mystery

Name: scurvy orion lanyard

Storyline: marleybone

Level: 31

Class: privateer

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
Do side quests for Xp. You get higher level companions, battles are easier,and more people will want to be your friends. For an example when doing a battle with El Toro(da da dada dada daaa)it will go quicker.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2012
Okay at first I had a hard time too with Cool Ranch when I first came to it so from experience I would say DO NOT focus on the side quests. Stick with the main quests and after you leveled up a bit start doing the side quests from Cooper's Roost. Trust me, these will help you level up a lot.

~Leena Tolliver, Level 27 Privateer

Ensign
Oct 10, 2010
I'm level 32 and for me CR was tough but not as tough as trying to find the quest to get into the Haunted Skyway. I've been stuck on this for AGES. I read a post about someone else having the same issues. And so the administrator told him/her where to go and what to do. I did the exact same thing and nothing happened. So don't be complaining that CR is too hard.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2009
Jaggars on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
what is stressing me out are those Red Sash Ships. For some reason I can't move on to next quest. I have battled about of them so far and can't move on. HELP lol
Only red sash ships will work.NOT red sash frigates. even though your quest tracker might say they will, they won't.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
CR is nice, a little too much long and a little too much "ehy we are supposed to be pirates not cow handlers!", but is nice .

Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
Everything in CR is great. Except for one thing... THERE IS TO MANY TOUGH SHIP QUESTS! I had to buy the bison ship just to beat tougher ships and then like three days later there even tougher mostly in Tumbleweed. Also another thing I just spend like two hours fighting like ten ships and then the next task says to fight another 12 ships that are tougher. I would like if they would lower toughness of ships and slightly lower # of ships that you have to fight.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2010
When you start out in Cool Ranch, here's my advice - STAY AWAY FROM ENEMIES! They start out extremely high. However now, I'm level 23 and just finished the part of the Tonka quest where you find the Free Ranger, and the Enemies are usually around levels of 18 and 19.

Another key is - Try to get Companions with high block or dodge. A good example of this is Froggo Villa (Avaliable to Swashbucklers w/out crowns, Avaliable to others w/crowns.) He has an incredibly good block rate, along with his incredible criticals.

Try to get your friends to help you. Don't be embaressed to ask for help, I've done it with a friend who's one or two levels higher than me.

I do agree with Eulaho56 - Level up with side-quests. I've managed to finish a few w/out battling, and I've gained a few companions.

- Brave Molly Quinn, Level 23 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
Fluffy Puppy on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Cool Ranch isnt that hard, you just need to make sure you get certain companions. If youre killing red shash ships ith fighter chickens bring shooters.

Best shooters for each school I know

• Witchdoctor- Bonnie Anne, Bones Mcgee, Mormo(if you have gotten to Santo Pollo you should bring Lefty)
  • Swashbuckler-Bonnie Anne,Old Sratch, Idk who else
  • Privateer-BOnnie Anne, bison shooters(if your there yet) and again Idk

Silent Amber 50 Swashbuckler
Generous Megan Nightingale 36 Privateer
Cheerful Destiny Dodger 23 Witchdoctor
you have a lvl 50 swashbuckler and dont know who to bring lvl 36 privateer dont know who to bring

Ensign
Nov 12, 2009
For Cool Ranch I find it annoying more then anything else. Yes, the battles are different. It does make you wonder why you have the ability to assign special moves for your companions when your opponent has the same ability plus? But the most annoying part is the ship battles. To have to fight MULTIPLE battles for a single item at times does get frustrating and boring. I find myself moving on to another quest then coming back. If it continues I come back another day. This does offset the stress and the monotony of the game. As some one said earlier. This is not Wizards ... Its a completely different game and not exactly HIGH on my fun list. I do like the story line.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2010
cool ranch is really hard but i can solo johnny ringo and many other villans

Ensign
Nov 28, 2012
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
El Toro is too much noisy U_U, having it as first mate make me to want to have a dedicated mute option for him .

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
I play a lvl 18 witchdoctor that just got to CR and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mobs are all orange. I've done a lot of side quests but you can bet I'll be going back to look for more to hopefully lvl up.

People are saying buy better gear or farm it. NONE of the gear I see at the vendors is all that good for witchdoctors. It's all low in in will. I have not found gear higher in will since my character was lvl 5.
Combined will from all my gear is 45 giving me a +9 with staffy weapons. I was really hoping that when I got to CR the vendors would have some better gear and weapons. There are NO staffy weapons offered at CR vendors and I don't feel I should start stacking agility or strength as a witchdoctor just to be able to use guns etc when my spells depend on will.

Where is a good place to farm witchdoctor gear? Everything I'm getting is inferior to the lvl 5 gear I'm sporting which is very discouraging. I looked at the crown shop and nothing 'til I hit lvl 20. If I'm hitting for 48-76 and the mobs are hitting for 145 on average, this isn't going to work out. I think if better gear was offered at closer lvl intervals, it would make fighting mobs much more doable.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Weird,i had no trouble in cool ranch except having to spend 10 minutes traveling having to spend like 7 minutes traveling a skyway for a quest and ship quests.Had some friends help but for the most part it was fairly easy for me. It seems that people are going to the wrong mobs and going to cool ranch underleveled since my friends did cool ranch easy too.But if you think the mob health is extremely high,wait until mooshu,the mobs hp there makes a HUGE jump,about a 500-600 more health i believe. But heres my advice:Try to go kill each mob one at a time,and kill the one with the lowest health or highest damage. Make sure your gear and companions are at a good level. Dont have too many companions too,the more companions you have, the more training tomes you have to spend.Last but not least,make sure your guy is at the highest level possible. Annoying sidequests may be required, but it will be worth it if you start doing cool ranch well.

Careless Timothy Upham, Level 50 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
I was a level 15 Buc the first time. Second time through I startedas a 18 Swash! Level up! Often!

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Eccentric Esme on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
I play a lvl 18 witchdoctor that just got to CR and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mobs are all orange. I've done a lot of side quests but you can bet I'll be going back to look for more to hopefully lvl up.

People are saying buy better gear or farm it. NONE of the gear I see at the vendors is all that good for witchdoctors. It's all low in in will. I have not found gear higher in will since my character was lvl 5.
Combined will from all my gear is 45 giving me a +9 with staffy weapons. I was really hoping that when I got to CR the vendors would have some better gear and weapons. There are NO staffy weapons offered at CR vendors and I don't feel I should start stacking agility or strength as a witchdoctor just to be able to use guns etc when my spells depend on will.

Where is a good place to farm witchdoctor gear? Everything I'm getting is inferior to the lvl 5 gear I'm sporting which is very discouraging. I looked at the crown shop and nothing 'til I hit lvl 20. If I'm hitting for 48-76 and the mobs are hitting for 145 on average, this isn't going to work out. I think if better gear was offered at closer lvl intervals, it would make fighting mobs much more doable.
too be honest i almost never see a witch docter in CR change ur class i sugest swashbucker you do good damage 2-3 times

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
robotwizard555 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
too be honest i almost never see a witch docter in CR change ur class i sugest swashbucker you do good damage 2-3 times
I had to literally LOL at this one. No, I should not have to change my class to quest a zone. The game should be balanced enough such that all classes should be viable in all zones. Granted, some classes will be better than others, but the margin should not be so huge as to exclude some classes from content.

I have leveled my witchdoctor some and the zone is challenging but do-able now. Still haven't found any good gear drops with stats and cards suitable for my class yet, but perhaps this will change for the better with the up coming changes in loot tables hinted at in the PTR notes.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2013
May I was just lucky choosing swashbuckler but I am finding CR pretty easy. About a year ago I tried wiz 101 and gave up as it quickly got too hard.

The difficulty is up from Skull Island and Monquista but most land battles are still fairly easy, I keep the same gear on all the time and just use the best that drops with an occasional browse at the vendors (1st priority dodge, then accuracy, armour, resistance, not even sure if this is optimal). I upgrade my companions when they will go up 2 levels.

I am currently lvl 28 and up to Wolf's Grievance on the main quest chain so can't speak of after that. I do have a few close battles and lose the odd companion (which was very rare before CR) but I win 98 or 99% of battles.

The only battles I have had trouble with are Curly Bill where I lost twice at lvl 24 I was nearly 25 so levelled up, trained my companions and tried again successfully, and he crane brothers which I got when I was lvl 26 (I think) found them to be lvl 31 and got stuffed so have left for a while.

Sea battles are tougher, though mainly because in CR ships are more likely to gang up on you if I can keep to one opponent I usually win unless I let myself get too close for the final hit and they get a good hit on me turn me to yellow and board, but all that means is you have a normal battle as well. I do get the best ship possible buy all the parts unless I have something better already.

Money is not a problem I have 65k and been told to start spending more. I don't think I can spend more (gold rather than crowns) to get a better ship (Is bison frigate the best until I get into tumbleweed?) so I think all I can do is burn the 30 odd training points I have and buy some more but that seems OTT.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2012
I got to Cool Ranch at mid 17 and I was fine. My advice is to complete an area, e.g. Cooper's Roost Skyway and then do all the side quests you get there. I have found that this is very efficent. I am now level 22 and in the Santo Pollo Skyway.

Smart Benjamin Quinten
Lvl. 22

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
i'm rather enjoying cool ranch ... i just wish that bug on the Duck of Death's Ship would go away before me membership runs out does anyone have any advice for that, i've tried four times so far each with the same result.

Dark Courtney Davis, level 29