Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I find it stressful because of...

BROADSIDE...COMBAT.

BROADSIDE...COMBAT...EVERYWHERE.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Mark Laveer on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I find it stressful because of...

BROADSIDE...COMBAT.

BROADSIDE...COMBAT...EVERYWHERE.
*Giggles* That was my favorite part. Then again, because I love blasting ships out of the water I make sure to budget my gold to get good ships and I keep my nautical xp high. I also farm ship bosses for the best ship gear. The work really pays off and I not only enjoy myself, it is MUCH easier.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I personally enjoy the challenge, as it makes things more fun: if there isn't a challenge anywhere, than what's really the point?

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
honesty, I dont find cool ranch stressful my membership expired but the reason why is becuse I am a boss when it comes to Bosses. I actuctly have a armidilo verdile from cool ranch before the pet update and I got it to level 30 before my membership expired. Side quests I dont do but cool ranch Is easy because Im a privater who my sister just started playing.

-cruel allen dromand

pet-miss zeus

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I've finally made it...It took two years...but I made it. Cool Ranch was a mountain worth climbing. BUT MOOSHU IS INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNEEE!!!!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
SUMMON THE KRAKEN!!!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2014
There is a glitch in the first main quest of COOL RANCH, where you have to defeat 3 waves of enemies in a cave and then talk to a Nurse. Once you defeat the 3 waves you can not talk to the nurse. As this is a main quest i believe it needs to be fixed otherwise a lot of players like myself will be stuck and wont be able to progress.....

I have tried 3 times, 2 times by myself and once with team mates and we all expierenced the same issue....

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Brist188 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
There is a glitch in the first main quest of COOL RANCH, where you have to defeat 3 waves of enemies in a cave and then talk to a Nurse. Once you defeat the 3 waves you can not talk to the nurse. As this is a main quest i believe it needs to be fixed otherwise a lot of players like myself will be stuck and wont be able to progress.....

I have tried 3 times, 2 times by myself and once with team mates and we all expierenced the same issue....

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Ahoy!

This should be resolved as of this morning's update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/captains-log/bug-fixes-spiral-date-567190-8ad6a4184a338ce5014a3ca5c58d52ed

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 22, 2013
Just started Cool Ranch, and it's not too difficult. The broadside ones are annoying though

And remember, you can buy companion points at the tavern! Now all of my companions are either my level or one level below (it's not that good of an idea to only level up your companions every five levels... You will see increased difficulty when they're two levels below. If you have crowns, get the xp booster in the crown shop! It helps level up your pirates A LOT, especially on the quests with good xp.)

Happy piratin'!
Golden Harmony lvl 22

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RedSolo3 on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Just started Cool Ranch, and it's not too difficult. The broadside ones are annoying though

And remember, you can buy companion points at the tavern! Now all of my companions are either my level or one level below (it's not that good of an idea to only level up your companions every five levels... You will see increased difficulty when they're two levels below. If you have crowns, get the xp booster in the crown shop! It helps level up your pirates A LOT, especially on the quests with good xp.)

Happy piratin'!
Golden Harmony lvl 22
Welcome to the message boards Harmony.
That's some very wise advice. Don't forget you can always send extra companions out after training tomes too

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Compare Cool Ranch currently witch is not as challenging and long as in the olden days when doing a major quest.But it's still a great and challenging palace to be in. But back in the olden days wow, this place was very challenging and took hours to finish some of the main quest. Imagine battling 12 ships and facing though bosses,not only these bosses are though they were push overs way back then.That make the game super fun as a veteran player,but most of the level where made easier due to overwhelming amount of complaints from other players that find cool ranch too hard. Oh well, at least it's still fun to do adventure and my lower leveled pirates will have a breeze passing this huge place. My Buccaneer and Briefly ( for a short while ) my Swashbuckler passed it the hard way.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
I really didn't like cool ranch that much but the ending was ok XD.

Ok so the thing that really stressed me out in cool ranch was that there were just too many skyways and too many quests

Ensign
Oct 28, 2010
robotwizard555 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
too be honest i almost never see a witch docter in CR change ur class i sugest swashbucker you do good damage 2-3 times
actually i am pretty far through cool ranch i would say about half and i am a witch doctor. You don't have to change your class. Just do all the side quests you can find first. From there it is a lot easier, not a lot but still easier. One of the problems i have found is that very few people are using the team up feature for those of us who don't have friends in that area at the time.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2010
The Madame on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
I soloed CR as a Witchdoctor. All my companions were/are underlevel. It wasn't that hard. I don't remember ever being defeated. It was difficult in spots, but I didn't find it impossible. It was actually my favorite world.
thank you! I solo as well as a witch doctor. Its true you don't see that many witch doctors though. Though I can't say it is my favorite.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
CR was fairly easy to me, asides from the battle with Captain Blood and the one with Deacon. Don't complain about it because this isn't worth complaining about- wait until you get to MS.

Ensign
Aug 01, 2012
drax129 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
im level 18 and all my companions are level 16 and still i cant beat that fat chicken guy is there a special tactic ive have epic companions but they keep getting destroyed then it's just me HHHEEELLLPPP
What fat chicken guy are you talking about?

Also, I think that you might be a bit too low of a level for Cool Ranch. I think that I started at like level 20 and it was easy from there. Try doing some side quests to level up.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
CR is annoying I cant do anything and after CR is M and that is ever worse

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Cool ranch is not hard.

Only one companion has died and im halfway through
so change ur strat i train privateer powers then use gunnery first round hide attack poison etc.
im a swashy btw so we have the least health so if anyone i should be having a hard time and btw i reached cool ranch when i was level 17 so there

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
RedSolo3 on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:

Happy piratin'!
Golden Harmony lvl 22
really? my companions are level 33-32 (el toro and mustang sally are 36 and 37) so i dont get it
i also have no diffculties at all my level is 36 and my companions are 3-4 levels lower then me so this is kind of untrue and sometimes buying tavern training points is a waste of time if your companion can not level up to a promotion level so this is kind of untrue

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
arickajayde on Nov 15, 2014 wrote:
I personally enjoy the challenge, as it makes things more fun: if there isn't a challenge anywhere, than what's really the point?
Exactly! I personally found Cool Ranch to be full of great humorous references and wonderful boss battles, great opportunities for nautical farming, and -- with the addition of the Stage Coach stops, the sailing between skyways that really annoyed people is taken care of.

I mean, come on, ROOSTER COGBURN!!

Ensign
Apr 18, 2009
CR is so hard my best companions literally die 5 times a day and i have to wait for them to heal. Really need to lower the difficulty especially the buffaloons and bumbaloons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GredxForge on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
CR is so hard my best companions literally die 5 times a day and i have to wait for them to heal. Really need to lower the difficulty especially the buffaloons and bumbaloons.
Hi GredxForge, welcome to the message boards.
It sounds like you may be at too low a level yet. Have you done all the side quests? If not, then enjoy some of those to get your level higher. I had a bit of a problem there until I hit about level 20 and then those pesky scorpions finally got their just desserts

You really need to keep your companions leveled with you too. Now that you can send unused ones off getting training tomes for you, it is even easier to keep everyone leveled up, if you just take a little time and make sure they are up to snuff for you.

Ensign
Apr 18, 2009
Hey crissy i took your advice and did side quests...... REALLY HELPED thanks so much i am progressing through cool ranch smoothly now

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I finished CR and am in Mooshu, but one tip I have is to level up your companions that you use in battle to the level that you are, and also finish lots of side quests before you finish your main quests.It really helps!! I leveled up three times just because of my side quests!

Cya around-
Charming Morgan Freeman-
lvl 54

Ensign
Aug 12, 2013
I need help with saving billy the kid. They outnumber me five to three. This is when I fight the captain. It is so hard! Can someone please help or suggest what to do.
Thanks
Husky Paul Rivhmond level 32 swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
My level 22 swashbuckler can not beat stingtails. I use Froggo Villa , Nurse Quinn , and Tricky Vinny.