Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
Yes, especially the collecting quests why did it took me 11+ red sash ships to collect the required item ? This is really unacceptable,my Buccaneer had no issue at all,defeated just one ship.But my Swashbuckler defeated 11 red sash and still did not collect,I feel this is not fair and I am really sick of it, once or twice is fine but more then 3 times is not okay.How much more to my other 3 pirates when they reach cool ranch ?

For example 11+ red sash ships in cool ranch, 9 Armada Ships in Valencia for the item,as a Swashbuckler ( and other pirate classes ) in collecting quests I am not a happy pirate.
It is possible that you are sinking the wrong ships. There are red sash ships in 4 skyways of cool ranch. Be sure you attack the ones in the same skyway that your quest giver inhabits, and follow the quest helper arrow to those ships. Sometimes you can get quest credit for attacking mobs or ships with the same description as the ones your quest calls for, and sometimes you do not.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I don't struggle with cool ranch. Mostly because I am ten levels above average.

My story: I started the game. I was stuck on blood shoals for i didn't have crowns(problem to why i was stuck with the following). *Gained one level-6* Then i was stuck behind monquista drains. *Gained three levels18* Next i was stuck behind hidden valley ranch. *Gained five levels-29* Finally, my last time being hindered, arroyo grande. *Gained five levels-34* So, i am more than ten levels above. This time, i chose membership.

Golden Chris Silver- Currently lvl 35

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
i was15
now im 17 working on bison burial grounds and the quest from mordekai for companion training points

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
During questing, whenever I approach something difficult, or "stressful", I ask my "group" for some help. This "group" of ours is not official, and when one of us needs assistance, my two friends and I always agree on a time, and we meet on Pirate101 and finish that quest.
I find it useful having a group of friends, because we can assist each other during questing.
Here are some tips I find useful:
. Develop battle strategies with your companions. P101 is all about this sort of thing.
. Form a group of friends you know IRL who play P101.
. Advance a few levels ahead of the average pirate for that stage. This way, things will become easier for you. Do this by completing side quests and earning XP. It is also a useful way to round up a bit of Gold!

Ensign
Apr 01, 2011
If you think that Cool Ranch is stressful just wait until Aquila Nova. It is a blast but also stressful. I suggest just asking for help. Most of us are having the same trouble out there are you are, and would like to have help also. So don't give up. See ya all in the sky's matie's

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
My advice: Always make friends with Privateers at the least . Their heals and buffs are things you'd really thank them for later on, especially that snazzy Discipline power that increases your Critical Chance by +2.

Ensign
Mar 19, 2014
lol bonnie anne and old scratch are my worst companions :O

sent from dead-eye chris hawser

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I find Cool Ranch very easy! The only problem is, in the mission you have to save Timmy (I am stuck in it) The fight's are very easy. the only problem is: Connection. I have full connection, yet whenever I enter the mission, I get stuck. Then I leave, join again, do the fight, get stuck, and leave again. It is pretty frustrating. Even though I am LEVEL 34, I do not find them so easy.

TIP: For CR, use Ranged people/classes/pets/companions.
It really helps because you can shoot from a long distance and don't get hit and save extra health, so that might be a head-start.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
I would have to disagree -- I've found it decently easy, being a musketeer. Also notice how most of the creatures are musketeers, swashbucklers can't use their main power of dodging and riposting on them, and in addition of their low health I see a struggle there. It depends on if you do side quests or not, choice of equipment, and your class. Good luck!

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
loconico553 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I find Cool Ranch very easy! The only problem is, in the mission you have to save Timmy (I am stuck in it) The fight's are very easy. the only problem is: Connection. I have full connection, yet whenever I enter the mission, I get stuck. Then I leave, join again, do the fight, get stuck, and leave again. It is pretty frustrating. Even though I am LEVEL 34, I do not find them so easy.

TIP: For CR, use Ranged people/classes/pets/companions.
It really helps because you can shoot from a long distance and don't get hit and save extra health, so that might be a head-start.
Also, my character's name is Canny Hank Ushawe.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I've found hidden valley ranch the most stressful thing in cool ranch. It takes me about 3 or more tries for each of my pirates to complete.

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
I would be happy to help any one having trouble. I am a lvl 40 ( I think lol) swashbuckler have 115 dodge and around 80 accuracy. Hope to see you in the skyway
Silver David Davenport

Ensign
Oct 25, 2009
Im Level 33 And It Gets Harder And Harder As I Go, But I'm Very Strong As a Witch Doctor. And At This One Dungeon, At The End They Aspect Me To Win A 1v3 ARE YOU SERIES

Ensign
Feb 04, 2011
Don't worry about it. Maybe it is hard because you don't have the best gear you can. Try taking a trip to the bazaar in skull island. There could be a better weapon. And don't worry I know what it is like getting stuck I have a level 65 Swashbuckler and 15 Privateer who is in cool ranch right now. Also if you are finding your companions are not doing enough damage maybe reset there skills or change your firstmate. Also maybe you aren't using a good stratage I find that having everyone except 1 shooter go after the same companions is a very good stratage Bonnie Anne would probably be a good choice if she is level 17+ and has at least 1 Burst Fire it will help A LOT! And maybe if you are really really stuck dont spend loads of money maybe spend 5$ on crowns for henchmen or a weapon if you need a companion just spend like 10$ and get a 2985 crown companion. If you have any more questions find SmartCyrusStevenson level 65 SwashBuckler in the Brawlin Hall or CheerfullKrystalAshford somewhere in Cool Ranch I will be on realm commodore and please have text chat. Hope this helped I will leave more posts later bye

Ensign
Feb 04, 2011
AceTim12 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
so far i can see were people are getting annoyed with cool ranch. i play with my cousins and i am lvl 25 with crown gear for my level the ship fighting is hard but i can manage cause i bought crown parts for the ship my nautical is 24. but when it comes to fighting the mobs that is were the trouble lies my quest for skill i have to fight spirits my champions and myself do like max 25 damage while they do 100+ i have 2 champions and i'm fighting 6 so in 2 rounds I'm dead along with my champions is this fair? this is not fair. i spent my allowance to get crowns and membership so i can play with my aunt and cousins. now they quit cause the quest have gotten to the point they cant continue. My champions lvl 23 and they die in one round. it wasn't so bad when i was lower level the buffalloons gathering was annoying 2 days to gather supply with my cousin and now she quit because its not as fun when you die even with the best gear you can get in game and have such a hard time fighting mobs. we didn't mind the slow exp or fighting ships for two to three hours to get nautical level up to my level but when fighting mobs and do virtually no damage that's when i get annoyed. this is not fair. my little sister quit already so now i'm alone this is nothing like wizards, wizards was 10x more fun and we played wizards for almost 4 years now. i am already thinking about quitting to, but i love the graphics and the ships also the champions there so cool but this is loosing its fun factor. KI needs to fix this game to keep us kids into it.
Hey if you need help then don't worry trust me once you beat cool ranch you will want to do it again level 65 swashbuckler out- SmartCyrusStevenson

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
CrazyWolfZapper on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I will have to disagree with the original poster, the point of Ki's games is to be enjoyable to all ages. What fun is it even at level 18 to not even win 1 battle. I have watched the fights and have changed tactics and different companions only to have a Buffaloon take out most of my party with their added attacks and insane dodge rates (have tried accuracy gear). This level really needs to be reviewed or add more to the previous zone to level up players a bit more. I understand it probably gets better once you hit low 20's but already have little one asking me to change games due to not being enjoyable even as a family activity. I can't see how this zone will make casual players want to continue.
Are you saying you like loosing

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
Samuel GoldenCaste... on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Just for me I am kinda used to wizards. I find that wiz and pirate are completely different and so it has been a struggle for me to adjust because I just started pirates about two weeks ago. I have gotten up to cool ranch and really find it stressful, I am a lvl 20 swashbuckler and am stuck on most of the ship battles even though I have a galleon it is still hard to even get the ships down to half health. and when I get them down to half health the ship battles seem even harder. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me out? Thank you to everyone that can give me tips.
don't worry at level 24 the levels are more traveling then fighting until Black Storm Rising

Stocky Tim Calles lvl.26

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Cool Ranch is very long to me, but not as hard as before thanks to the spring update.There goes the dirty dozen duels and collecting by the dozen quests.Don't worry the Red Sash Gang collecting quests are now easier,please disregard my previous message in here.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
My advice: Always make friends with Privateers at the least . Their heals and buffs are things you'd really thank them for later on, especially that snazzy Discipline power that increases your Critical Chance by +2.
So your friends with people because of hider school and not personality?

Ensign
Sep 20, 2010
I find CR really stressful!
there is too much ship combat and i have been there for about a year now! :(

Olivia Richardson Whitchdoctor

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
Autumn Lifegem on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
I find CR really stressful!
there is too much ship combat and i have been there for about a year now! :(

Olivia Richardson Whitchdoctor
if you are having trouble I suggest if your at santo pollo or Big sky after santo pollo you can get the class restricted companions in both places( exept in the other Big Sky part theres no companions to get besides Thunder hoof at beginning) or getting the best gear as you can at the bazzar

Ensign
Jul 14, 2014
PavlovsFavoriteDog on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm level 28 and still find things in Cool Ranch WAY too hard. It would help if the enemies didn't have such a high block and dodge rate.
That is SO true

Ensign
Aug 25, 2014
I'm level 20 and I've found things quite easy so far??

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Cool Ranch is probably the most longest and hardest world so far and I am so glad that I don't have to go through it again unless of course KI add another class. I did most of it solo on all my characters and I despise that buffalo quest.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
I Found Cool Ranch to Be Very Easy Though. Except for the ship Battles.
Once You Get to port Regal I Highly Suggest Promoting Bonnie Anne To Fox sniper. Big Sky You might have trouble with. But once you get to Tumbleweed and haunted skyway, They're a piece of cake besides ship battles maybe. that's all i can think of for Cool Ranch Right Now.

Brave Owen - level 37 Swashbuckler