Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- Wizard Mounts?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello, my Pirate friends, let’s gather ‘round the lily pad for another FrogFather Friday, yeah? I know what you’re thinking…FrogFather…it’s been too long! The sad truth is I… uh… had to go see a monkey about a ship, and one thing lead to another, and let’s just say badabingbadaboom I had to lay low for a while, eh? But, it takes a little more than that to bring down the FrogFather, and now that things are on the up and up, we can get hoppin’ again.

Last time we talked about a birdie and bein’ below decks, and I’m happy to say that ships cabins are, as the hatchlings say, the bees’ knees (ohhhhh frogetabout it!). And, while I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in anything shady, I keep hearing about this Black Market and may have to investigate, y’know, just to make sure no one is cutting into the FrogFather’s profits, capeeps?

Max! All this skull doggery makes me want to play a happy tune on my clarinet about the finer luxuries in life, am I right? Hand towels *honk* …Ship Cabin Sectionals *bleet* …class banners *beep* …creepy spider pets…well maybe not the creepy spider pets, but a frog likes to keep good company with insectible delectibles like that. Am I right or am I right? Of course, I’m right. I’m the FrogFather!

Speaking of the finer things in life, how about those pillows you can find all over Skull Island? I hear there’s been some fun events going on where Pirates can get a bit of that exclusive Crowns currency. Yeah. Yeah. A Pillow Fight. It all sounds a bit soft in the middle to FrogFather, but THOSE CROWNS! Excuse my drool, friends. Those Crowns make the undergrounds go rounds, and if collecting a mountain of pillows could get me more crowns? I’m hopping on top o’ this pile King of the Hill style!

So now that we’ve got our pleasantries and how da ya dos out of the way here, how about a question for you all to mull over like a fine plate of fly wing bowtie pasta? I’ve been thinking about the things you pirates ride to get from place to place. “Mounts” is what you call them, right? If it’s up to me, the Frogfather prefers to be carried around in luxury. Have you seen that Mander Palanquin mount from Krokotopia? That’s just about my speed . . . except max would be doing the carrying instead of some manders. He’s well paid, no worries. Anyway, that Mander Palanquin, it’s usually reserved for Wizards see, but I could see a few richer pirates or three riding around on that mount here in Skull Island. Speaking of which, what other mounts usually reserved for Wizards could you see a Pirate parading around on?

Thanks for the conversation, friends! It’s always a pleasure, and it’s been too long. We’ll be sure to do this again sometime, and I hope you’re finding new and fun ways to keep busy in the world of Piracy, Black Markets, and…Pillow Fights.

We'll see you and your bunnicorn (and your bunnicorn hybrid?) next time!

Ciao Mein,

FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The two person whale mount.
The whale fits right in and solves the issue of no two person mounts yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The two person hawk too. We have the parrot mount, well some of us early bird buyers do, so the hawk would let others fly too and hey, just dangling another pirate around in it's talons is quite the piratey thing to do.

Ensign
Feb 21, 2009
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I am so happy to see another one of these hints! To be honest, I was so excited that I hadn't even read it yet! I'll post back soon(Like in a minute!) with what I think of it!!!

My mind: YES

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Monkey with a ship: New script shop in Monquista?
Mander Palanquin: Hint of a new mount? (and or Krokotopia world)

Okay, not as exciting as I thought it was going to be, but it's cool to have FrogFather Fridays back. Anyways, I would love to have the Celestial Wolf mount. It's this cool greyish wolf with a cool turquoise outline, just like in the game Sonic Adventure, when he charges up his energy. (I doubt anyone would know of that old game anyways :P)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1) Pogo sticks
2) Bone Dragon
3) Nightmare

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Frogfather on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
Hello, my Pirate friends, let’s gather ‘round the lily pad for another FrogFather Friday, yeah? I know what you’re thinking…FrogFather…it’s been too long! The sad truth is I… uh… had to go see a monkey about a ship, and one thing lead to another, and let’s just say badabingbadaboom I had to lay low for a while, eh? But, it takes a little more than that to bring down the FrogFather, and now that things are on the up and up, we can get hoppin’ again.

Last time we talked about a birdie and bein’ below decks, and I’m happy to say that ships cabins are, as the hatchlings say, the bees’ knees (ohhhhh frogetabout it!). And, while I can neither confirm nor deny my involvement in anything shady, I keep hearing about this Black Market and may have to investigate, y’know, just to make sure no one is cutting into the FrogFather’s profits, capeeps?

Max! All this skull doggery makes me want to play a happy tune on my clarinet about the finer luxuries in life, am I right? Hand towels *honk* …Ship Cabin Sectionals *bleet* …class banners *beep* …creepy spider pets…well maybe not the creepy spider pets, but a frog likes to keep good company with insectible delectibles like that. Am I right or am I right? Of course, I’m right. I’m the FrogFather!

Speaking of the finer things in life, how about those pillows you can find all over Skull Island? I hear there’s been some fun events going on where Pirates can get a bit of that exclusive Crowns currency. Yeah. Yeah. A Pillow Fight. It all sounds a bit soft in the middle to FrogFather, but THOSE CROWNS! Excuse my drool, friends. Those Crowns make the undergrounds go rounds, and if collecting a mountain of pillows could get me more crowns? I’m hopping on top o’ this pile King of the Hill style!

So now that we’ve got our pleasantries and how da ya dos out of the way here, how about a question for you all to mull over like a fine plate of fly wing bowtie pasta? I’ve been thinking about the things you pirates ride to get from place to place. “Mounts” is what you call them, right? If it’s up to me, the Frogfather prefers to be carried around in luxury. Have you seen that Mander Palanquin mount from Krokotopia? That’s just about my speed . . . except max would be doing the carrying instead of some manders. He’s well paid, no worries. Anyway, that Mander Palanquin, it’s usually reserved for Wizards see, but I could see a few richer pirates or three riding around on that mount here in Skull Island. Speaking of which, what other mounts usually reserved for Wizards could you see a Pirate parading around on?

Thanks for the conversation, friends! It’s always a pleasure, and it’s been too long. We’ll be sure to do this again sometime, and I hope you’re finding new and fun ways to keep busy in the world of Piracy, Black Markets, and…Pillow Fights.

Ciao Mein,

FrogFather
Respectfully FrogFather it has been waaaay too long since we've seen your verdant countenance here! But this is one pirate who's happy as a cricket to see you!
Now mounts from Wizard101? I've had my peepers on a two that would be a pirate's dream! The Whale mount! And I've also have drooled over the Aquilan Chariot! That's all for now.
Sincerely,
Esperanza Devereaux level 65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Oh my frogfather! finally your back! I was dying for a frog father Friday to come. Is there a update coming very soon? I want A NEW WORLD!!! It has been to years. Also new mounts sounds interesting. Max will hopefully enjoy them.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Pogo sticks, ostriches, boars, hydras, rickshaws, chariots, fishing boats, and anything that swims.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
From my days of playing Wizard, I think a rickshaw would be useful from Mooshu as well as the chariot from Aquila. And, as pirates traveling the skyway finding treasure, we could find a flying carpet maybe? Since we do go to the mines and the railroad in Pirate101, what about the minecart?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
well hello you are an awesome frog to speak to love ya in the story, and love reading your comments on this forum pygmy whale be an awesome from-wizard-addition since its 2 passenger and sounds amazing....fits our theme nice as well..or aquilan chariot again 2 passenger fun fun fun....or the single passenger one that came with pagoda gauntlet...all wizard tranferrable
but how about the suggestion i posted a couple of weeks ago? be unique to pirate101, but i think be cool.. 2 passenger mini covered wagon pulled by buffaloon? didnt want to upstage that grand stagecoach any but i think it would be quite fine here especially since cool ranch is signature world to pirate atm....even a 2 passenger native american bison canoe be lovely complete with a sweet paddle(even dyable in our colors :O plz plz)...a gold miners's cart with lanterns hanging off of the edges and picks shovels etc crazily banging on the sides (that one being very fast could be hillarious XD)...for april fools day how about a sack? lol like a sack race sack burlap bag go hopping along in XD(says potatoes)...MB automobile that you can drive?...hot air balloon....pogo-stick with a horse head top...bicycle-made-for-two....many many more ideas but for now i say adieu...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Good morning, honorable FrogFather.

You have lured me into loading one of my Wizard accounts for the first time in many months, to refresh my memory about some of the more interesting mounts. I did not need to refresh my memory for my first request, though, which is:

More ponies! The pony makes a great pirate mount, but in terms of permanent mounts they all look exactly the same. (More clones, like those crockagators?). It would be awesome if they came in a variety of colors, as they do in Wizard. White (really gray, I know), black, brown, chestnut, palomino, appaloosa, buckskin, etc. Of the Wizard variants, my personal favorite is Moonlight pony.

Of other Wizard mounts not currently available in Pirate, my next choices would be the gold-wrought eagle (which would fit in nicely with the Toymaker plot), the Nightmare, the reltively new and spooky harrowings, and the frostfang tiger. The Malorian Dragon and the War Board are also nice.

Thanks for asking! My pirating wife and I have frequently lamented the lack of variety in pony selection (I think for both of us, ponies ore the preferred mount).

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pogo-stick & Mooshu rickshaw, also swift shark and goldfish!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Honestly, I'd just like to see horses in different colors.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'd love to see the Dark Redwing, or some new mounts that can be purchased for gold, just like Wizard101.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
Respectfully FrogFather it has been waaaay too long since we've seen your verdant countenance here! But this is one pirate who's happy as a cricket to see you!
Now mounts from Wizard101? I've had my peepers on a two that would be a pirate's dream! The Whale mount! And I've also have drooled over the Aquilan Chariot! That's all for now.
Sincerely,
Esperanza Devereaux level 65
Crickets aren't all that happy to see the FrogFather...

And my friend,I can easily see myself with the Christmas themed sleigh.I love that one!

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
The Frogfather on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:

Ciao Mein,

FrogFather
"... what other mounts usually reserved for Wizards could you see a Pirate parading around on?"
Mighty Steed Mount.
Skeletal Dragon Mount (I have it on my wizard ).
Mech Birdy. (Mechanical Eagle thingy)
Arcus Cloud Mount. (And possibly a spaghetti and meatballs variant, ay Frogfather? Ah frogetabout it!)
Black Panther Mount. (And one for those who know older cartoons, the Pink Panther Mount.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A mount I missed on Wizard101,and one I would looooove to see here - the Seahorse!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
A mount I missed on Wizard101,and one I would looooove to see here - the Seahorse!
Oh, yes, Esperanza, a Seahorse would be so lovely!

But thinking about your question, Frogfather, a number of those wizard mounts my wizard girls love (the butterfly wings, the ice skates, dragons, that sort of thing) just don't feel right here, though it could be argued that we certainly get into conflicts of mythical proportion as pirates too! However, I fully agree with Indigo and Fiorenza, that more ponies would be very welcome indeed (my privateer even has a stable ready and waiting for one!). I also really love Esperanza's notion of a seahorse (though I think a seahorse pet would be equally delightful). But as far as wizard mounts for our pirates, I might think-- the magic carpet. Yes it is magic, and we pirates are not necessarily eager to put our complete trust in magical things (put it in our sails, figureheads, and whatnot, but let us walk on good ole wood) but it would have a wonderful 'Sinbad the Sailor' sort of appeal. I don't recall Sinbad ever having a magic carpet in the text of the 1001 Nights, but some movie versions certainly have him doing so.

And, um, Black Market? What Black Market? Oh, that Black Market. Oh, no there isn't anything interesting at all about that. Just very... urm, humble things. Yes, that's it. No spices or gold or things like that that would interest the Frogfather, certainly. Nothing you need concern yourself about, hehe... (That's all we'd need, yet another struggle for power in Skull Island even while the Armada breathes down our necks...)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, I'd just like to see horses in different colors.
Now that's a horse of a different color!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Oh, yes, Esperanza, a Seahorse would be so lovely!

But thinking about your question, Frogfather, a number of those wizard mounts my wizard girls love (the butterfly wings, the ice skates, dragons, that sort of thing) just don't feel right here, though it could be argued that we certainly get into conflicts of mythical proportion as pirates too! However, I fully agree with Indigo and Fiorenza, that more ponies would be very welcome indeed (my privateer even has a stable ready and waiting for one!). I also really love Esperanza's notion of a seahorse (though I think a seahorse pet would be equally delightful). But as far as wizard mounts for our pirates, I might think-- the magic carpet. Yes it is magic, and we pirates are not necessarily eager to put our complete trust in magical things (put it in our sails, figureheads, and whatnot, but let us walk on good ole wood) but it would have a wonderful 'Sinbad the Sailor' sort of appeal. I don't recall Sinbad ever having a magic carpet in the text of the 1001 Nights, but some movie versions certainly have him doing so.

And, um, Black Market? What Black Market? Oh, that Black Market. Oh, no there isn't anything interesting at all about that. Just very... urm, humble things. Yes, that's it. No spices or gold or things like that that would interest the Frogfather, certainly. Nothing you need concern yourself about, hehe... (That's all we'd need, yet another struggle for power in Skull Island even while the Armada breathes down our necks...)
The Flying Carpet is from Aladdin,Sinbad the Sailor never had a carpet.I'd be interested in seeing Sinbad in this game,though.

And I ought to know,my great-grandmother was Turkish.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Now that's a horse of a different color!
And one of a kind!

That gives me a thought, I wonder if the bunnicorn and the clownfish make anything interesting....I know this is about mounts but still with the colors.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Apr 29, 2011
Ooh it would have to be the Hippogriff for me. It was my absolute favorite mount in Wizard101 and ever since I left Wizard, I have missed them dearly. I hope one day the FrogFather can smuggle some in Skull Island for us Pirates!