Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
I am gonna start again as a musketeer.

My name is gonna be Silent Joseph Yellowfish like it was. Level 1

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
Least Favorite Companions:
  • Crab Hermit- Terrible Melee Range
  • Bison Shaman- Hits LOW
  • Nurse Quinn- IDK just don't like her
  • Nanu Nanu-Misses a lot and doesn't have anything special about him

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
My least favorite companion would have to be all buccaneers except for Subodai (he rocks), but the ultimate worst companion is buccaneer chicken miner from cool ranch. He rarely connects on hits and when he does hit its low damage, he has no super moves or abilties at all and does not promote. I have him at level 42 so far. I have completed the game twice now with 2 different classes Swashbuckler and musketeer. My lowest level companion is 41. I have promoted all companions to their highest tier. So with that being said, Buccaneers really lack on abilties overall, witchdoctors are a hit and miss if you are fighting high spell resist mobs they are useless and if you are fighting melee mobs they die fast. Privateer companions help with heals most of the time but do little damage. Musketeers are a good all around class as companions but i always go with swashbuckler companions and load up on riposte and relentless and flanking. I never lose battles or even get close to losing. So i gotta say its funny to see so many replies about how bad the hermit witchdoctor is cause i found at higher levels he hits for massive damage on his crits. Yes he is limited in movement and attack range but when he is in range , he almost never misses, at least in my gameplay to date. Another secret for those that may not know, If you put the crab hermit as your first mate he crits all the time, try it out if anything youll discover that any toon you put as your first mate, seems to do better than if they are at the bottom of your list. Best of luck pirates. One last note to KI, Buccaneers are a tank class meant to take damage with high armor class to resist damage, but you forgot to give them any armor class worth a darn. I have higher armor class as a swashbuckler and thats just plain wrong. ps. Im not complaining LOL.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
For me, Bones McGee is the absolute worse. Weak attacks, Wanders away from the battle, dies easily. Don't recall how I got him, but he is dead last on my companions list.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
so far, bonnie.

1.she barely does damage.
2.there is never a good spot to put her so she can fire
3. i don't know how to use her power

i haven't seen her battle when she's a sharpshooter, she might be good, but for now she's my least favorite.

Lucas "the power" Jackson level 10

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I hesitate to cast judgement since I haven't yet reached the end of the game, but right now, the two least useful are my Monquistan Crossbowman and my Water Mole Slingman. The epic abilities they come with (one has the "extra turn if enemy misses" the other has "extra hit when enemy runs away") never proc. I had them for 20 levels and have never seen either of those happen. The crossbowman promotes, so he may see increased usefulness, but the slingman, as near as I can see, does not promote. I guess he'll have to live at the bottom of my list!
The Monquistan crossbowman is my least favorite! Even with the overwatch when he promotes he is still pretty weak. Also there is no mission to complete for his promotion just the doling out of 3000 gold! I paid only when I wasn't worried about it and it still was not worth it! Although it is cool when he takes a triple shot once in a blue moon!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
honestly, i really don't like the mustang rowdy for privateers. though he does great damage, he always have his attacks blocked/dodge, plus he barely critical without my discipline.

Brave Jonathan level 36

Ensign
Mar 30, 2011
CaptainAureus on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Really? My Bonnie Anne does allot of damage 300-450 for critical hits, 150-250 for normal hits and around 200 for the spread shot attack and usually always blocks or dodges an attack. Kind of weird how I see all this saying how she is weak and dies easily but mine is pretty much indestructible and unstoppable. But that's just me I guess.
I would totally agree with you achilles. My Bonnie is great, damage is about the same as yours, maybe just a touch lower and her health is almost 350 points higher than the next closest companion. Amazing thing about that is she is only a level 47 compared to a level 53, 51, 2 50's and a 48.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
My least favorite companions so far ( i am only in port regal) are:

Nurse Quinn, the Crazy Monquistador Archer, Crab Hermit, and the Chicken Miner.

Nurse Quinn and the Hermit are Practically useless.

The archer almost NEVER criticals, and i never see his epics.

And the Chicken miner is not weak, but is easy to draw fire and dies relatively fast, and also almost never criticals.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
Bison Shaman and Bones McGee. My summoned skeleton Corsair does more damage and shoots more often than McGee does. And the bison shaman has like a 2 square movement range and his special works next to never. He is about the only companion that ever dies on me, and I usually don't bother to revive him.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
masterjasper9. on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
I am gonna start again as a musketeer.

My name is gonna be Silent Joseph Yellowfish like it was. Level 1
Woo high five! There are too many swashbucklers anyways

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
on the 3 pirates im working on i have my 2 least favorite companions

level 10 witchdoctor: Kan Po because he always dies

level 24 musketeer: Romba because he dosen't do that much damage

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Here is my top 3 list of my worse companions as me being a level 13 . 1 Bonnie the fox .2 Kan the goat .3 is Mormo the water mole. From a level 13

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
samuelstarthorn on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
rat beard he is terrible
Really? Because mine has a bunch of health! and he does good damage! Happy pirating!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I am surprised really that most people seem to not like companions that are not witchdoctors lol.

The only thing Old Scratch as going for him is his numerous epics that he can learn. Out of all companions, I have 2 Witchdoctors. Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit. And those two are the bottom of my list. Any witchdoctor in general has very poor accuracy and dodge, and not a whole lot of extra health to compensate, so they all fall the fastest. Or so it would seem like.

One thing I absolutely hate about having created my Witchdoctor, is knowing that I get Mormo as a companion.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
SirAnsie on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
Ugh, thats my watermole spearman, Nanu Nanu...
He dies so quick. I never use my healing spells on him.

- Stormy Anna Everret
I totally disagree. I may be a level 9, but Nanu Nanu has been awesome with me. I don't think I even have a least favorite yet.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
PrinceofEgypt1 on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is definitely Bonnie Anne.

1. She just doesn't do good damage often.
2. She usually doesn't block or dodge.
3. Her health isn't that good.

As for all those Louis le Bisque haters, when he's promoted for the first time he gets awesome.

Smart Oliver Kidd, lvl 34
I would say, after promoting Bonnie to Fox Sharpshooter, she isn't half bad. In my opinion, she never was a lousy companion. Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer.

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
I would say old scratch or romba. Lets face it... Old Scratch is REALLY annoying, he's not that strong, has awful ccuracy, and MANY more things I don't like.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
trelian5 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.
I love Ratbeard though since he has actually helped me in so many battles that I thought I might have loosed. That battle with the buffalo Thunderhoof I think that is what his name is. I almost lost that fight since they were both still there when I lost all my health. I got to say though Mormo is my least favorite along with Doctor Scratch since they are never helpful in battle and I tend to loose when they appear.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2012
As of right now, me being a level 27 privateer, i'd say my watermole spearman Nanu Nanu and Old Scratch. They are my bottom two on my list of companions XD...

Nanu Nanu just mainly uses his basic attack which is low and I don't see me benefiting from him.

Old Scratch barely hits critical and his 'minion' is that great either.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
My least favorite companions is the crazy monquistador he is just so weird. He makes the weirdest sounds too I see him going at the bottom of my companion list in the future on my swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

There is actually one thing that creeps me out about Louis is that when he shoots and it shoots rapid fire he opens his mouth and it looks so creepy how he smiles.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2009
I have to say bonnie anne. a lot of people like her but I don't like to attack from far away. not.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
I mean as a Buccaneer, you get Bonnie Anne, Kobe Yokimbo, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, Barnabus, Gaspard de vole. You learn about them (no where near what you should, but they have voiced bits during dungeons and have their own little quests). Even thunder hoof gets a bit part. Barnabus with his annoying voice but good heart and Gaspard with his amazing guinea pig whell spin attack of doom !

Then suddenly you get a water mole (musketeer without the musket), a monquistador crossbowman who mean nothing to me and i groan everytime i see them. They aren't just useless, they are much more useless than that. My pet chameleon does more damage. In fact i'd rather have my pet in my crew rather than these "companions".

No quests, not even an intro (just a vague reference to who you were killing/helping in the quest)... i'm amazed they have names at least. But Old Scratch's skeleton minion is occasionally named "jim". (who i've given my own backstory too - poor guy always dies in later levels).

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
My least favorite would have to be thunder hoof the bison from Cool Ranch he doesn't block and never hits much.My second least favorite is Gaspard De Vole the guine pig guard.