Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bugged side quest badges

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2011
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might have missed some sidequests for chapter 1 and 3, managed to get the badge for chapters 2,4, and 5

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
We need to know what badges you are talking about since there are several times you go back to Skull Island and, at those times, you pick up new badges and complete ones previously started. So it depends on which badges you are talking about.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2011
One can't actually say what the badge name is, since it doesn't show until you have it.

That said, there are badges gained specifically for completing all side quests for a given chapter. For example, here are the ones I know about:

Chap 1: Seasoned Skyrunner
Chap 2: Doom Islander
Chap 4:Armada's Most Wanted
Chap 5: Cool Ranch Hand
Chap 6: Santa Pollo Caballero

Having done a Google search for "pirate101 chapter 3 badge", I found several blogs that talked about being unable to get the badge, as well as this thread, but nothing useful as to what I missed. I have searched everywhere I can think of, as has others I have spoken to, and all to no avail. As one blog posted, this is either bugged or the best hidden quest ever. Is there a chance we could at least get a list of quest NPCs that we should check for the chapter 3 all side-quests badge?

To the original poster: I failed to get the chapter 1 badge in beta, but my wife found one I hadn't: Rosey Harriet (I think), in the weapons shop in Skull Island proper. See if that is the one you are missing as well.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Chapter 1 was missing for me as well. It happened to be RoseyHarriot for me as well.. hiding in the weapons shop. She starts the chain of a few quests that updated.

I havent been able to close Chapter 3 either.

Administrator
Just today we've verified an error in the Chapter three (Pirata Gigante) sidequest badge. We'll work on getting that fixed.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Just today we've verified an error in the Chapter three (Pirata Gigante) sidequest badge. We'll work on getting that fixed.
Thanks Jack, that one was really driving me crazy!!!

I had other badges indicating all the quests in the area of chapter 3 were completed, but there was no chapter 3 badge!!! Just didnt make sense! Id reported that I thought this was bugged, but hadnt received any acknowledgement. Whew, glad to know I was right!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
I have searched everywhere for quests to complete my chapter 8 and 12 side quest badges. I know the one for chapter 3 is bugged, but is it possible that these other two are bugged as well? Anyone else having this problem?

Community Leader
There appear to be several Chapter badges that are bugged, and a few others.

Chapter 3 - KI has indicated this is bugged.
Watermoles - Stuck, wont accumulate any more activity, impossible to complete. I have varoius friends stuck at varied amounts, I am a level 50 witchdoctor stuck at 39 watermoles and i've done ALL the sidequests (I dont think I got to level 50 on just 39 watermoles) plus ive defeated many since testing it, stuck at 39.

When might these badges get fixed? Most of the incentive to finish all side quests is the badge itself. XP/Gold rewards are rather small for these. Please fix the badges!!! Thanks!

OFxLedzeplin/OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - lvl50 Witchdoctor (ok, im not so silent...)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
There appear to be several Chapter badges that are bugged, and a few others.

Chapter 3 - KI has indicated this is bugged.
Watermoles - Stuck, wont accumulate any more activity, impossible to complete. I have varoius friends stuck at varied amounts, I am a level 50 witchdoctor stuck at 39 watermoles and i've done ALL the sidequests (I dont think I got to level 50 on just 39 watermoles) plus ive defeated many since testing it, stuck at 39.

When might these badges get fixed? Most of the incentive to finish all side quests is the badge itself. XP/Gold rewards are rather small for these. Please fix the badges!!! Thanks!

OFxLedzeplin/OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - lvl50 Witchdoctor (ok, im not so silent...)
Chapter 9 is also bugged, I believe. I have searched everywhere for side quests that weren't done and I can't find any.

What I did find out, is something Sidri pointed out when several of us were in Tumbleweed: There is a chicken character, just inside the saloon to the right. She could see the character, but several of us could not. There wasn't an "X" or anything we could do to 'talk' to the character. So, that might be a bug as well, and what is preventing me from getting my Chapter 9 badge.

Inky India Innsbrook L50
Lazy Lenora Leech L50

PS: I can vouch that "Silent Sam" isn't so silent .... LOL

Ensign
Jan 24, 2012
I am also having badge issues. The web cave in arroyo grande has an elevator lift that I cant access. I can access the crystal cave lift. Are you having this same problem? I am not sure if this is related to receiving the badges.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Out of curiosity, and maybe I missed a posting, but has this bug been fixed yet?

Administrator
James Mythcrafter on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Out of curiosity, and maybe I missed a posting, but has this bug been fixed yet?
Not yet. We have a lot of changes we're working on currently, and this is one of them.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Not yet. We have a lot of changes we're working on currently, and this is one of them.
Thanks for the update

Follow-up question: rumor is the Chapter 3 badge isn't the only buggy one out there. Can you confirm if the same can be said for any other chapters, namely Chapter 8 or 9? (read: I'm missing those too )

Administrator
James Mythcrafter on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for the update

Follow-up question: rumor is the Chapter 3 badge isn't the only buggy one out there. Can you confirm if the same can be said for any other chapters, namely Chapter 8 or 9? (read: I'm missing those too )
I'll see what I can find out for you.

Administrator
Not finding a problem with Chapter 8 and 9, but I am finding some very hidden and tricky NPCs. There's even one NPC that moves from his original location to another.

You might want to double check Scrimshaw and the saloons around Cool Ranch.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Not finding a problem with Chapter 8 and 9, but I am finding some very hidden and tricky NPCs. There's even one NPC that moves from his original location to another.

Jack,

Has there been any documented reports (i hope, I know i've submitted at least one), of problems with the Watermole badges? These badges seem to get stuck at different points throughout game play.
My level 50 Witchdoctor has been stuck at 39/100 (for all badges, stuck at 39) for weeks. I know I have friends that this is happening to (they pointed it out to me), and its happening on more than one of my pirates. Ive tested it by defeating more and more watermoles... stuck at 39 for me.

Thanks for your time.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Jack,

Has there been any documented reports (i hope, I know i've submitted at least one), of problems with the Watermole badges? These badges seem to get stuck at different points throughout game play.
My level 50 Witchdoctor has been stuck at 39/100 (for all badges, stuck at 39) for weeks. I know I have friends that this is happening to (they pointed it out to me), and its happening on more than one of my pirates. Ive tested it by defeating more and more watermoles... stuck at 39 for me.

Thanks for your time.
I've run into the same problem with the Water Mole badges ... stuck at a 39 body count even after massive hunting expeditions.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:

Well, now I'm at a loss. I ~did~ find an incomplete quest in Scrimshaw that led me to Jonah Town, which led into another quest sending me to Port Royal. Completed both, still no Chapter 8 or 9 badge. Re-scoured Scrimshaw, surrounding areas, and Cool Ranch realm taverns as suggested ... so far nothing incomplete.

Not asking for "help" per-se but can you give a hint as to what realm / area I should be scouring? Based on the badges I have and the one's I'm missing , here's my current guesses for where I should be hunting;

Chap 1: Seasoned Skyrunner
Chap 2: Doom Islander
Chap 3: Pirata Gigante (Monquista - bugged)
Chap 4: Armada's Most Wanted
Chap 5: Cool Ranch Hand
Chap 6: Santa Pollo Caballero

Chap 7: Big Sky Hunter
Chap 8: [name unknown] (Tumbleweed Skyway)
Chap 9: [name unknown] (Arroyo Grande)
Chap 10: Twilight Cowboy
Chap 11: [name unknown] (MooShu)

(I've heard rumors of a Chap 11 badge but not sure if those are accurate)

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Jack,

Thanks for your time.
Dear OFxSaint,

I too had the same problem after defeating at least 100 water moles, and then looking at my badge to see how close I was, and noticed it was still at the same number it was before I started working on the badge. I was in Flotsam skyway, in Waponi Wu, the island where you defeat Chumba Wumba, and it did not seem to register that I was defeating them. I then tried the waponi canoes, also in flotsam skyway and I seemed to have the same problem. However, when I went to the gold mine in tradewinds skyway, and defeated some of the water moles there, it seemed to count the water moles. Not sure if it is supposed to be set up that way, but at least you can defeat the ones in gold mine and earn your badge.

Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
I am a musketeer and I have turned chapter 8 and 9 inside out with no luck getting the chapter badges. Also, I have completed Mooshu and not seen a badge for 11 and 12. I have the one for 10. I don't know what is going on. It seems that everyone else has these same problems. It is kind of frustrating having to travel around trying to find some side quest that may not even exist. There needs to be some way to where you can check your map and see what side quests you have missed. The character should light up so we would know that they have something for us to do. Other than some of the really small bugs this game has, this is the only thing that I see wrong with the game. Everything else is great and I love to play. Please, I wish KI would think about changing this. Thank you,

Merciless Martin Roland

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Merciless Martin on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
I am a musketeer and I have turned chapter 8 and 9 inside out with no luck getting the chapter badges. Also, I have completed Mooshu and not seen a badge for 11 and 12. I have the one for 10. I don't know what is going on. It seems that everyone else has these same problems. It is kind of frustrating having to travel around trying to find some side quest that may not even exist. There needs to be some way to where you can check your map and see what side quests you have missed. The character should light up so we would know that they have something for us to do. Other than some of the really small bugs this game has, this is the only thing that I see wrong with the game. Everything else is great and I love to play. Please, I wish KI would think about changing this. Thank you,

Merciless Martin Roland
Actually, the addition to the map as you describe re: "character should light up" has been added to Wizard 101 and (I found) has been a great help. I know from other posts & comments from One-Eyed Jack that to implement this is not just a simple matter of cutting & pasting code ... however since it has shown up in W101 I would expect & look forward to it's counterpart in P101.

Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
Ok i fonally found the chapter 11 badge. As for 3 8, 9 and 12, no luck. I am getting so frustrated trying to find these badges especially for ch. 8 and 9. The hint you gave us didnt help at all. I have been to every single place in cool ranch and wrote everything down, i can't find anyting I haven't done yet. I am getting so so angry. Please any more hints as which ones are tricky and hidden. This is starting to get on my nerves.

Merciless Martin Roland

Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
Fix chixken characetr in tumbleweed saloon. i am certain this is what is keeping me from getting one of my badges

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Badge for chapter 8 - I have searched everywhere. Inside buildings, behind them, tavern(s), nooks and crannies, every island ..... and I can't find anything that would complete this chapter

Badge for chapter 9 - Some have gotten the badge. I believe the problem for this one is Gus McCrane in the Desert Rose saloon. He is in the saloon for some people and not for others, even when all other quests are done, this one .... for rounding up Buffaloons ..... won't appear.

Badge for chapter 12 - So far me, nor any of my friends have been able to achieve this badge, even though we have looked everywhere.

Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
thanks sidri yeah gus mccrane doesnt show up for me in desert rose saloon. i am assuming when they did all the maintenance work they messed this up while doing it. i really wish they would get these bugs fixed. i dont want to say they released the game too early but there does eeem tol be a lot of problems to be able to play the game with no issues. i am in the same boat as you with the badges. hopefully they will get this fixed soon.

merciless martin roland