Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advanced Companions thoughts

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Logansan on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
What I really liked about P101 was the random companions each fight, it made each battle more interesting. I do not like the idea of having set companions, one was ok (as it is now), but by having to pick the top four each time is going to (at least for me) take away a lot of enjoyment in the game. There are already a lot of companions that we place down in the order and very rarely see in action, ones that we don't want in every battle but are nice to see once in a while. This new systems will mean this companions now will never be used in a battle (for the majority of players who won't want to swap the order around every battle).

I think a better idea would be to have a "Senior Companion" queue, where you place (say up to six companions) and each battle two are picked from that queue and the rest from all the other companions (as it is now). This would allow you to have a couple of more powerful companions while at the same time giving you the chance to see the more unused ones.
same here I liked randomness. That pair with my insanity made me an unpredictable foe. now I have to be predictable

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
I will give it a shot, but I do not like what I have read so far.

From my perspective, we wanted easier companion management, and this makes it anything but easier.

Looking forward to seeing the future on test
How, precisely, could companion management be any easier?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Logansan: "What I really liked about P101 was the random companions each fight, it made each battle more interesting."

Not random necessarily, but what I used to do on the long repetition of fights against Gortez (to be eligible to buy Goronado) I used to make myself change companions every time; I could not re-use a companion until after everybody had been used. So, you can just cycle through your companions each time.

There are fun ways you can play with the new system that will encourage diversity: set up six "watches" for example, and choose a different watch for each fight. (I will probably try something along these lines).

If your really like randomness, make a little slip of paper for each character, throw the slips in a hat, and pick three for each fight.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
Indigo Ring on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Logansan: "What I really liked about P101 was the random companions each fight, it made each battle more interesting."

Not random necessarily, but what I used to do on the long repetition of fights against Gortez (to be eligible to buy Goronado) I used to make myself change companions every time; I could not re-use a companion until after everybody had been used. So, you can just cycle through your companions each time.

There are fun ways you can play with the new system that will encourage diversity: set up six "watches" for example, and choose a different watch for each fight. (I will probably try something along these lines).

If your really like randomness, make a little slip of paper for each character, throw the slips in a hat, and pick three for each fight.

-Indigo
"If you really like randomness, make a little slip of paper for each character, throw the slips in a hat, and pick three for each fight". That's right, Indigo. Randomness is a little boring. What about if your in Khotan/Miranda, and you get Nurse Quinn. Ruined. The new updates good, because it makes pirate101 a little bit easier.
Thanks,
Noble John Parker, Level 44
Dark John, Level 27