Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
"Merci Sierra." Scarlet said as she quickly left her table and rushed over to Anne.

"I'm very sorry about the fish bite Anne, I really need to keep a closer eye on my specimens. Especially the live ones." Scarlet said as she bent down and retrieved the squiming Lava Fish.

"And Emma, you wouldn't be leaving for Mooshu would you? I could really use a Storm Koi."
Sierra smiled and replied, "Di niente!" She hoped her Valencian reply matched what the Polarian speaking girl had said. The redhead went back to enjoying her breakfast.

Lucy had been watching the blonde Musketeer she hadn't recognized exit and head for her ship. "Uh, Captain Freeman, who was that?"

Sierra turned to the brown furred mouse. "It was just Emma."

The mouse shrugged and took a sip of her tea. It was pretty good. The redhead then declared in Valencian once more, "Lucy, impostiamo le vele per Mooshu!"

Lucy had gotten used to her captain's random Valencian. "Aye Captain!"

"Get Egg Shen e Jane Canary e dire loro di aiutarvi a configurare la nave su!"

Lucy commented, "What?"

Sierra replied, "Avro Vendetta."

"Lo ti capisco, sai?"

Sierra grimly commented in response, "Dangit..."

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
OOC:Thought I'd add a new character to the mix. Just wait, you'll see what I mean.

Inside the Tavern, the trio of Exeter, Fin, and Bill found only a group of three: a Privateer, an Otter, and a Goose.
"Wait, where's the two with the Apparatus?" said Fin.
"Oh, you mean the grey-haired guy and the crane? They left a while ago," said the Privateer.
"How did we miss them?" said Fin.
"I can help if you let us in on what this is about," he said. "The name's Felix. This is Lieutenant Emmett and Egg Shen."
"Well, alright." said Exeter.
"Good," said Felix. "I believe they headed for the docks."
"Let's go, then!" said Fin, and the group of six hurried off.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma wasn't being patient with these intruders. The defensive, impulsive Musketeer was waiting for an answer and wasn't getting it. She rolled her eyes, but don't lower her weapons.

"What do ya want?" Emma groaned. The pirate was upset- understatement, she was being circumspect, similarly as to how her unmentioned friend behaved. The blonde didn't know these people, and she wasn't meaning to be rude, she just wanted to know who they were.

Plus, Scarlet would be coming any moment.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Emma snarled and unsheathed one of her cutlasses and pointed her sniper rifle at the intruders, quickly and dexterously as if she'd done it a million times. "Who the heck are you?!" She grimaced.

Her crew slowly stepped back as if to get out of her shooting range. "Answer me!"

The stunned intruders didn't say a word.

Emma twirled her musket. "I swear.... At least tell me what ya want!"
"Whoa!" said a surprised Matthew, not expecting such a violent reaction to his presence.
"Like your friend said, Vadima sent us to keep an eye on you. The name's Matthew, Matthew Evans. I'm a Swashbuckler. This is Subodai and Jack Russell," he said, gesturing towards his companions.
Suddenly, the group noticed another ship approaching.
It caught up to theirs, and a group of six jumped the gap between the two before it pulled away.
Matthew made the observation that three members of the group were members of his crew, but he did not know the others.
"Hey," said the Privateer of the group.
"The name's Felix Walker, and these are Egg Shen and Lieutenant Emmett," gesturing to his companions.
"These three said they needed to find you, so I gave them a ride."
"So," said Matthew to Exeter,"did you find that object those guys had?"
"No, we lost them," the otter replied.
"Oh, well," said Matthew, who only then noticed the confused expressions on everyone else's faces.
"Oh, sorry. Forgot you were there for a minute. Let me explain." So then Matthew explained the confusing conversation that had just ensued.

OOC:See previous pages to see for yourself what was going on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Privateer of Wizar... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Sierra smiled and replied, "Di niente!" She hoped her Valencian reply matched what the Polarian speaking girl had said. The redhead went back to enjoying her breakfast.

Lucy had been watching the blonde Musketeer she hadn't recognized exit and head for her ship. "Uh, Captain Freeman, who was that?"

Sierra turned to the brown furred mouse. "It was just Emma."

The mouse shrugged and took a sip of her tea. It was pretty good. The redhead then declared in Valencian once more, "Lucy, impostiamo le vele per Mooshu!"

Lucy had gotten used to her captain's random Valencian. "Aye Captain!"

"Get Egg Shen e Jane Canary e dire loro di aiutarvi a configurare la nave su!"

Lucy commented, "What?"

Sierra replied, "Avro Vendetta."

"Lo ti capisco, sai?"

Sierra grimly commented in response, "Dangit..."
Say what Subtitles please

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Emma snarled and unsheathed one of her cutlasses and pointed her sniper rifle at the intruders, quickly and dexterously as if she'd done it a million times. "Who the heck are you?!" She grimaced.

Her crew slowly stepped back as if to get out of her shooting range. "Answer me!"

The stunned intruders didn't say a word.

Emma twirled her musket. "I swear.... At least tell me what ya want!"
Distracted from her trawling lines by the sound of the altercation, Scarlet calmly turns and leans against the ship's rail, one hand on her rapier, the other resting behind her back.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Then A giant Pirate named Fiery Luke came and crushed Skull Island. THE END!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma, although very slowly, returned her cutlass to its sheathe. She still glared in uncertainty at the trio and the others who caught up to them, but then returned to sitting at the edges of the ship with her tea.

Bonnie turned to the three. "I apologize for her behavior, she's been in a bad mood since the skyway restriction. She's only allowed to sail the skies with people there with her. She's not happy about it."

"Hey, want some tea?" Emma turned to speak to the passengers of her ship. "It's chamoomile, imported from Mooshu."

Romba nodded, but couldn't figure out how to pour the tea... So Ridolfo had to do it for him.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
"Whoa!" said a surprised Matthew, not expecting such a violent reaction to his presence.
"Like your friend said, Vadima sent us to keep an eye on you. The name's Matthew, Matthew Evans. I'm a Swashbuckler. This is Subodai and Jack Russell," he said, gesturing towards his companions.
Suddenly, the group noticed another ship approaching.
It caught up to theirs, and a group of six jumped the gap between the two before it pulled away.
Matthew made the observation that three members of the group were members of his crew, but he did not know the others.
"Hey," said the Privateer of the group.
"The name's Felix Walker, and these are Egg Shen and Lieutenant Emmett," gesturing to his companions.
"These three said they needed to find you, so I gave them a ride."
"So," said Matthew to Exeter,"did you find that object those guys had?"
"No, we lost them," the otter replied.
"Oh, well," said Matthew, who only then noticed the confused expressions on everyone else's faces.
"Oh, sorry. Forgot you were there for a minute. Let me explain." So then Matthew explained the confusing conversation that had just ensued.

OOC:See previous pages to see for yourself what was going on.
Anne extends her hand and politely shakes the hands of the newcomers, giving a graceful bow afterwards. "Captain Evans, Captain Walker, and companions, it is a pleasure to meet you all." She smiles. "Don't mind Emma. She's a little jumpy today. I suppose I would be too, given the circumstances. But with all of us here, I think we are well able to face the danger that faces her. Whatever that is -- Madame Vadima was a little cryptic on that point," Anne adds with a laugh.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Despite the sense of imminent danger, and unlikely rumors of giant pirates (!), the voyage to MooShu was calm and uneventful. The calm skies and lack of foes enabled all the young captains and any of their companions they had brought with them to enjoy themselves by sparring against unfamiliar opponents, discuss plans, and tell stories. There was laughter, tea, and delicious little cakes.

As they entered the verdant skies of MooShu, Anne felt the usual bittersweet feelings she had when returning. For her, there were no lands so familiar and sweet, but to think of her loving foster family gave her pain. Hamamitsu Village was of course their first stop, and after docking, they strolled along the paths fragrant with blooming flowers to where? --- the tea house, of course. Emma was hoping for some new tea.

They were all greeted with pleasure by the tea house proprietors, but Emma was already well known to them. A young Goat woman working in the shop came to their table and opened a carved cherry wood box that had a multitude of boxes within. The fragrances of various teas seeped out of the little boxes. Emma knew her well: she was Lien-Hua Chang, a reliable smuggler who had worked with the young pirate captain in the past.

"Ah, Miss Emma, you come in good time," she said as she knelt down at the low table with the young pirates. "We have a fine selection of teas today, and a new one, which is said to be very fine, but reasonably priced, from a plantation that has grown greatly in popularity recently." She pitched her voice lower. "I believe this tea will be the bulk of the teas traded to Marleybone right now." They all knew she referred to the present practice established getting around the MooShu trade restrictions to Marleybone. "I am certain I can get some especially for you..."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Anne extends her hand and politely shakes the hands of the newcomers, giving a graceful bow afterwards. "Captain Evans, Captain Walker, and companions, it is a pleasure to meet you all." She smiles. "Don't mind Emma. She's a little jumpy today. I suppose I would be too, given the circumstances. But with all of us here, I think we are well able to face the danger that faces her. Whatever that is -- Madame Vadima was a little cryptic on that point," Anne adds with a laugh.
While the others were chatting, Emma went into a concentrated state and thought about some things. Why in the Spiral did I end up with a skyway restriction? I'm not THAT reckless while steering... And what's with Vadima being suddenly concerned for me? The blonde sighed. She was not used to not being able to go out after dawn for her alone rides around Skull Island.

She sipped her tea and pondered some more. This caused Gracie to glance back and take note of her Captain's odd behavior. "Something wrong, Captain?"

Emma jumped. Then she groaned. "Nah, nothin'...."

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
"When isn't Vadima cryptic?" Matthew replied.
"True that." said Felix.
Meanwhile, Egg was talking with Subodai.
OOC:Well, sort of.
IC:"Amber Horde scum."
"Long-neck."
"Barbarian."
"Feathers."
Suddenly, Felix and Matthew noticed the two and hurried over to the scene of the fight.
"Whoa, break it up you two." they said at the same time.
"Hey, did you just..." they also said at the same time.
"Stop it! Stop! Stop!" they also both said.
"It's almost like they're related." said Subodai.
"Ugh!" said Matthew. "So, Anne, do you have any idea who's out to get Emma? Any enemies who might be out to get her?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
"When isn't Vadima cryptic?" Matthew replied.
"True that." said Felix.
Meanwhile, Egg was talking with Subodai.
OOC:Well, sort of.
IC:"Amber Horde scum."
"Long-neck."
"Barbarian."
"Feathers."
Suddenly, Felix and Matthew noticed the two and hurried over to the scene of the fight.
"Whoa, break it up you two." they said at the same time.
"Hey, did you just..." they also said at the same time.
"Stop it! Stop! Stop!" they also both said.
"It's almost like they're related." said Subodai.
"Ugh!" said Matthew. "So, Anne, do you have any idea who's out to get Emma? Any enemies who might be out to get her?"
Anne frowned in thought. It was hard to keep on high alert with a cup of fragrant tea cradled in her hands, she mused briefly, then focused on Matthew's question. "I really don't know. Madame Vadima was saying a lot of words I really didn't understand, like 'cross-dimensions' and 'multiple-realities'. Once she said something about 'Quantum Physics', which made no sense to me at all. However, I did hear her mention when she thought I wasn't paying attention, something about 'The Deep Ones' and how she couldn't see why they would have an awakening interest in Emma... then she muttered something about 'darkness and death.' But other than that, no, I have no idea."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Anne frowned in thought. It was hard to keep on high alert with a cup of fragrant tea cradled in her hands, she mused briefly, then focused on Matthew's question. "I really don't know. Madame Vadima was saying a lot of words I really didn't understand, like 'cross-dimensions' and 'multiple-realities'. Once she said something about 'Quantum Physics', which made no sense to me at all. However, I did hear her mention when she thought I wasn't paying attention, something about 'The Deep Ones' and how she couldn't see why they would have an awakening interest in Emma... then she muttered something about 'darkness and death.' But other than that, no, I have no idea."
Emma listened to the conversation in silence. She was confused as well. Grim sounding, isn't it? Death, darkness, Deep Ones... What is this madness? She thought to herself. The blonde turned to face the others.

"Well, that's grim sounding." She commented on the situation.

"Aye, yea it is, Cap'n." Bonnie said.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
"Maybe by that, she meant that a dark force is tampering with the fabric of the Spiral, and an similar force in a different dimension has enlisted someone close to Emma in that dimension to come after the Emma in this dimension," Matthew said. When posed with a trying question, Matthew went into analysis mode. It's what made him a brilliant strategist.
"Not that I'm posing anything, but isn't there a place in the Spiral that's completely underwater? Maybe that's where these 'Deep Ones' are." Felix put in.
"Or maybe..." Matthew tried to continue.
"Just stop!" said Gracie, who had been listening. "What you said first even confused me!"
"Just let me finish!" said Matthew.
"What if a Wizard is after Emma? Or maybe the person after Emma isn't even from the Spiral!"
As Matthew said this, the four looked towards Emma, who wasn't paying any attention to them at all.

OOC: The plot thickens...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Despite the sense of imminent danger, and unlikely rumors of giant pirates (!), the voyage to MooShu was calm and uneventful. The calm skies and lack of foes enabled all the young captains and any of their companions they had brought with them to enjoy themselves by sparring against unfamiliar opponents, discuss plans, and tell stories. There was laughter, tea, and delicious little cakes.

As they entered the verdant skies of MooShu, Anne felt the usual bittersweet feelings she had when returning. For her, there were no lands so familiar and sweet, but to think of her loving foster family gave her pain. Hamamitsu Village was of course their first stop, and after docking, they strolled along the paths fragrant with blooming flowers to where? --- the tea house, of course. Emma was hoping for some new tea.

They were all greeted with pleasure by the tea house proprietors, but Emma was already well known to them. A young Goat woman working in the shop came to their table and opened a carved cherry wood box that had a multitude of boxes within. The fragrances of various teas seeped out of the little boxes. Emma knew her well: she was Lien-Hua Chang, a reliable smuggler who had worked with the young pirate captain in the past.

"Ah, Miss Emma, you come in good time," she said as she knelt down at the low table with the young pirates. "We have a fine selection of teas today, and a new one, which is said to be very fine, but reasonably priced, from a plantation that has grown greatly in popularity recently." She pitched her voice lower. "I believe this tea will be the bulk of the teas traded to Marleybone right now." They all knew she referred to the present practice established getting around the MooShu trade restrictions to Marleybone. "I am certain I can get some especially for you..."
While Anne, Emma, and Mathew were relaxing in the warmth of the tea house, Scarlet preferred to take her tea
outside and begin fishing for Storm Koi.

The night was calm with few clouds in the sky, Scarlet could easily see the Storm Koi by the light of the full moon. She was casting her net again, when she saw a strange darkend ship quietly slip into the Hamamitsu dock.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012

Emma smirked in enjoyment at the wide variety of teas. "Thanks, Lien-Hua." Emma glanced at all the tea boxes and considered. "Hmmm... I'd like some more chamoomile tea, Moolong would be good, Keemoon tea sounds nice, and some of that new one? It sounds great."

The rest of her crew was chattering away over plates of noodles and glasses of tea. Bonnie was bickering with Ratbeard about something, Gracie was reading some book on hydraulics, Romba was trying to figure out how to pour the tea, Ridolfo was attempting to help him, Thunder Keeper and Wind Spirit, her Bison Shaman and Hunter, were speaking to Flint Dawson, a Chicken Ranger about something, and El Toro and Monkey King were snickering about Ratbeard and Bonnie fighting.

Emma gratefully accepted the tea boxes she received, and said to the goat woman, "Thanks again, I was running low on tea and I knew I could count on ya." She placed some gold coins in the goat's hand... Approximately 173 coins to be exact.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
Do ya mind if I enter as Bonnie Anne and El Toro (if it isn't already taken ;D)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
InvaderZim556 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Do ya mind if I enter as Bonnie Anne and El Toro (if it isn't already taken ;D)
(Sure go ahead, everyone can play! You can enter as your own character who has arrived in MooShu if you like. Emma is the only one of us who has her whole crew with her (I think), so her Bonnie Anne/El Toro would be available. And after all, Emma is the one who is in the most danger... [evil laugh echoes in background])

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Lien-Hua smiled, and bowed low in appreciation. "Many thanks, Miss Emma. Since you have helped me in the past, I would like to help you. I have managed to acquire a percentage of this new plantation tea, and would like to pass it on to you at a very reasonable price. Also," she shrugged her narrow shoulders, "it is difficult for me with my small boat to smuggle into Marleybone these days, with the war going on. You could do the final leg of smuggling for me, and turn a tidy profit in Marleybone. After all, the Marleyboneans love their tea!"

Emma considered. The new tea she had tasted was a black tea, smooth and slightly astringent, but without bitterness. It was a good quality tea at a price lower than she would have expected. Furthermore, the profit margin acting as Lien-Hua's smuggling partner would be considerable. Though Emma was not greedy, luxuries like tea, sugar, lemons, and the like were costly, and the funds for them would be especially welcome. Evading the Armada entering Marleybone would be the only real tricky part, and, well, she had evaded them before! As Lien-Hua said, the Marleyboneans would be delighted with this tea, and even being nice about it and making a deal to sell it at a modest price there, Emma would still make a very large profit indeed. And that would make her crew happy -- perhaps even Ratbeard!

"I rent a section of one of the warehouses down by the docks," Lien-Hua continued. "I can take you there, and we make further arrangements."

"We'll come with you, Emma," Anne chimed in. "I've, uh, never seen tea in a warehouse before," she explained lamely, trying to make Emma believe they were not 'babysitting' her. Which, of course, they were.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Lien-Hua smiled, and bowed low in appreciation. "Many thanks, Miss Emma. Since you have helped me in the past, I would like to help you. I have managed to acquire a percentage of this new plantation tea, and would like to pass it on to you at a very reasonable price. Also," she shrugged her narrow shoulders, "it is difficult for me with my small boat to smuggle into Marleybone these days, with the war going on. You could do the final leg of smuggling for me, and turn a tidy profit in Marleybone. After all, the Marleyboneans love their tea!"

Emma considered. The new tea she had tasted was a black tea, smooth and slightly astringent, but without bitterness. It was a good quality tea at a price lower than she would have expected. Furthermore, the profit margin acting as Lien-Hua's smuggling partner would be considerable. Though Emma was not greedy, luxuries like tea, sugar, lemons, and the like were costly, and the funds for them would be especially welcome. Evading the Armada entering Marleybone would be the only real tricky part, and, well, she had evaded them before! As Lien-Hua said, the Marleyboneans would be delighted with this tea, and even being nice about it and making a deal to sell it at a modest price there, Emma would still make a very large profit indeed. And that would make her crew happy -- perhaps even Ratbeard!

"I rent a section of one of the warehouses down by the docks," Lien-Hua continued. "I can take you there, and we make further arrangements."

"We'll come with you, Emma," Anne chimed in. "I've, uh, never seen tea in a warehouse before," she explained lamely, trying to make Emma believe they were not 'babysitting' her. Which, of course, they were.
Emma nodded, too excited for the tea to notice Anne's explanation. "Yea, I'd love to, Lien-Hua! Thanks a lot!" The blonde was really happy right now, and I mean, REALLY happy.

Bonnie looked a little skeptical of the offer, but she was silent. "I'll come to," Bonnie said. "I mean, I'm yer first mate, right?"

Emma replied, "Ok, so Anne and Bonnie and coming, anyone else? And trust me... We Marleybonians do love our tea, even though I'm kinda from Cool Ranch too, and I live near Skull Island..."

Gracie grinned at her captain confusing herself. That was a sign of her excitement. "I'll come too, I do miss Marleybone and I'd hope the Marleybonians were winning the war." Gracie took a sip of the fragrant Keemoon tea. It tasted pretty nice.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
(Sure go ahead, everyone can play! You can enter as your own character who has arrived in MooShu if you like. Emma is the only one of us who has her whole crew with her (I think), so her Bonnie Anne/El Toro would be available. And after all, Emma is the one who is in the most danger... [evil laugh echoes in background])
(Hehehe, Bonnie Anne and El Toro are both free. I've been playing as Bonnie Anne for now, but you can play as her and El Toro. I just like to sneak in some amusing little comments from her. Play as any of the crew that you like! Go ahead, InvaderZim556.)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
ooc: I never would have thought that a group of pirates would spend so much time in taverns drinking tea.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
While Anne, Emma, and Mathew were relaxing in the warmth of the tea house, Scarlet preferred to take her tea
outside and begin fishing for Storm Koi.

The night was calm with few clouds in the sky, Scarlet could easily see the Storm Koi by the light of the full moon. She was casting her net again, when she saw a strange darkend ship quietly slip into the Hamamitsu dock.
Emma looked around for Scarlet. Where'd she go? Emma wondered. Oh yea, the Storm Koi...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Emma nodded, too excited for the tea to notice Anne's explanation. "Yea, I'd love to, Lien-Hua! Thanks a lot!" The blonde was really happy right now, and I mean, REALLY happy.

Bonnie looked a little skeptical of the offer, but she was silent. "I'll come to," Bonnie said. "I mean, I'm yer first mate, right?"

Emma replied, "Ok, so Anne and Bonnie and coming, anyone else? And trust me... We Marleybonians do love our tea, even though I'm kinda from Cool Ranch too, and I live near Skull Island..."

Gracie grinned at her captain confusing herself. That was a sign of her excitement. "I'll come too, I do miss Marleybone and I'd hope the Marleybonians were winning the war." Gracie took a sip of the fragrant Keemoon tea. It tasted pretty nice.
Scarlet walked back into the tea house carrying an opaque glass box under her arm. Her red hair was singed at the ends and a wiff of smoke seemed to emanate from her clothing. " Zut, next time, I'm using a non-conductive net." Scarlet then noticed the empty room, "Where is everybody?" she asked the empty room,"Did they leave without me, I don't want to be stranded in Mooshu again."