Roleplay!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Emma made her decision to take on Tazazaki one on one. A few ninja pigs and their weapons laid on the ground at her feet, motionless. Blood smeared her sword arm and a very large scratch was visible on her right shoulder. Her jacket was torn, and two knives that had been attached to her jacket were missing, as well as her small pistol she had attached to her left shoulder. Her fringed boots were missing some of the fringe and the crisscrossed black ribbons on them had been snapped. She had been attacked by ninja pigs and Samoorai all at once.

She stared at the three remaining Samoorai and the others fighting off some archers and Shinobi. Emma gripped her cutlass, which had many marks on it from blades crashing against it. She sighed and murmured to herself, "I'm going to need another cutlass and some new clothes..." The Musketeer looked down at her broken sniper rifle. "And a new sniper..."

She reached into a satchel with Ol' Quigley, her favorite rifle, in it. "Oh yea, I still have this..." She kneeled down and deattached the pack of bullets strapped to her leg, reloading the gun.

Emma pointed her sniper at the cow archers and Shiro. "You have ten seconds to skedaddle."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Anne moved smoothly in front of Shiro Takazaki, to block his advance on Emma while she changed weapons, a move that temporarily shielded her also from the samoorai archer's arrows, which they wielded all too accurately. The samoorai growled with annoyance, slashing swiftly with his katana to rid himself of this new impediment, blows which Anne evaded or blocked, and requiring him to need to defend himself from her rapid repostes.

Anne heard Gracie's question, and seized her opportunity. "No, real samoorai do not act this way," she replied high and clear, with a falsely light tone. "Only dishonorable thugs who pose as samoorai do so," she finished with words so cold they burned.

That got a reaction from her adversary. He snarled at such a volume that it was unlikely he heard the challenge Emma threw at him as she readied Ol' Quigley, or fully noticed Matthew and Felix running towards him. He then threw himself into a lightning-quick series of attacks. Anne was a skillful swordswoman, but this was too much for her to handle. Parrying and blocking the attacks as best as she could, she had to give ground to give her space to dodge, not before she sustained a slash across her cheek.

'Perhaps that comment worked a little too well,' was the thought that skimmed through her brain as she fought to attack the samoorai back.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
As the Samoorai charged, Scarlet found herself confronted by three ninja pigs. She effortlessly parried the first ninja pig's attack with her rapier while simultaneously dispatching the pig with her dirk. Scarlet could see that while the other pirates were holding their own, they would soon be overwhelmed by the ninja pigs.

"Time for something exciting" Scarlet thought as she leapt over the two remaining pigs. Pulling out a small dark ball from a pouch on her belt, She yelled above the fighting, "Fermer votre yeux!" (Close your eyes).
Scarlet flipped over Takazaki, hitting the back of his helmet with her rapier hard enough to stun Takazaki, and landed between Takazaki and Emma.

"Run for the side door, it Will open if you ram it!" Scarlet cried as she threw the ball at her feet.
The glass ball smashed to pieces in a blinding flash of light that dazed the surrounding sammorai and ninja pigs. Even as the flash of light faded, the broken glass ball began to produce a thick black oily smoke that began to fill the warehouse.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Shiro Takazaki reeled from the blow Scarlet gave him, and had to spend a precious moment adjusting his helm, which had been knocked askew. Cursing, he recovered to see in front of him the pirate captains Scarlet, Matthew, Felix, Anne with blades pointed at him, and Emma cheerfully shouldering Ol' Quigley, aimed right at him. A quick look around revealed that some of his ninja were down, others were scrambling awkwardly out of the barrels, bales, and boxes that impeded them, but the ones remaining were evenly matched by the number of Emma's allies set against them, and Emma's allies were possibly getting the upper hand. Furthermore, the warehouse was rapidly filling with a noxious black smoke. True, it would also harm the humans, but he had his allies to think about.

The samoorai muttered under his breath, something the equivalent of "this was so not supposed to happen this way." His archers had more arrows ready, but they now glanced at him before firing, awaiting his decision. Shiro Takazaki hesitated. He began to doubt he could get to Captain Everhart and put a permanent end to her meddling -- or, in this case, potential meddling -- even though he was quite certain he could do some serious harm to the youngsters who stood in his way. To his mind, it was a stalemate.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
53
Fiery Luke came running and the moment he got at the scene the black substance had cleared. Everyone could hear the sound of ship coming the distance. Scarlet said, "IT'S KANE!"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Emma finished loading the rifle, and chucked the empty bullet package behind her, landing a hit on a ninja pig. She snickered as the pig confusedly picked up the box and examined it curiously. Then, the blonde picked up the rifle and aimed it at Shiro and the cows flanking him. "It seems they're not up for negotiation... So I guess it's necessary." She was careful in her shot, and the electric bullet charged toward the unnoticing Samoorai. However, it ricocheted off his armor and straight back at her. It hit her pretty hard, so much so that she fell back.

"Owwww...." The blonde murmured. It hit her in the shoulder, her already scratched one. She had been a little too cocky with the shot, but not with aim. She should've expected the ricochet.

Amy crept in with a wary expression worn on her face. She passed Emma slowly, and then clonked one of the pigs with her axe and kicked another.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Out of the corner of his eye, Shiro Takazaki saw Amy approach stealthily. "Great, another one," was the equivalent of what he muttered under his breath, though not quite so polite. He held up his left hand to signal a temporary hold for his team. The smoke was not yet to him and the people that surrounded him, but he could smell that it would soon be, and interfere further. This is not going to work, he realized. If he couldn't get to Emma Everhart and kill her, then the whole battle was pointless. She was presently injured, but not nearly fatally, and too well guarded to make a clear push to finish her. His master was not going to be pleased. Shiro would indeed give his life to serve his master, but to do so without success in the mission was a pointless exercise.

At his signal for a hold, the pirates around him had also stopped, their weapons at ready, panting with exertion and ready for more, but not attacking. Shiro almost smiled. 'They have honor, these young ones,' he thought. 'Not what I expected for pirates.' The thought cheered him just a little. While his master would be displeased at the failure of the mission, the information he could give about Emma and her friends would mitigate his master's expected wrath.

The samoorai lowered his hand and put it with the other on the hilt of his katana. Unlike the fighting styles of the pirates, he never withdrew his sword from its sheath without the blade seeking blood to draw, and it would be returned forthwith. Very well. If they would act honorably, so would he.

"Enough," Shiro Takazaki boomed into the warehouse. "You win, Emma Everhart. Allow me and my allies to depart peacefully, and I will grant you the answer to one question."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Shiro Takazaki reeled from the blow Scarlet gave him, and had to spend a precious moment adjusting his helm, which had been knocked askew. Cursing, he recovered to see in front of him the pirate captains Scarlet, Matthew, Felix, Anne with blades pointed at him, and Emma cheerfully shouldering Ol' Quigley, aimed right at him. A quick look around revealed that some of his ninja were down, others were scrambling awkwardly out of the barrels, bales, and boxes that impeded them, but the ones remaining were evenly matched by the number of Emma's allies set against them, and Emma's allies were possibly getting the upper hand. Furthermore, the warehouse was rapidly filling with a noxious black smoke. True, it would also harm the humans, but he had his allies to think about.

The samoorai muttered under his breath, something the equivalent of "this was so not supposed to happen this way." His archers had more arrows ready, but they now glanced at him before firing, awaiting his decision. Shiro Takazaki hesitated. He began to doubt he could get to Captain Everhart and put a permanent end to her meddling -- or, in this case, potential meddling -- even though he was quite certain he could do some serious harm to the youngsters who stood in his way. To his mind, it was a stalemate.
Emma exhaled. Her shoulder was burning, not literally, but it did feel like it, and even though she and the others greatly outnumbered the three remaining Samoorai, she had worries that things would turn on her friends and crew. Possibilities went through her mind, and then Emma came up with something.

With a sigh, the exhausted blonde lowered her musket to the floor. "Hey... If I'm apparently gettin' in the way of some stupid plan o' ya master's, or potentially gettin' in the way, ya don't have to kill my friends for it. You could at least say who your master is so I might understand why he thinks I of all people could interfere. Who knows, might be some ol' enemy of mine." Emma sheepishly and carelessly grinned. "That might serve as an excuse for comin' in during another assault and assaultin' my friends and I and using threats against us."

Emma very slowly pointed her musket at the right angle at the iron floor, and she quietly took a shot. It ricocheted off the floor, off a crate, and barreled forward... straight for Tazazaki.

"Last chance!"

(EDIT: Ignore this. XD)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Emma exhaled. Her shoulder was burning, not literally, but it did feel like it, and even though she and the others greatly outnumbered the three remaining Samoorai, she had worries that things would turn on her friends and crew. Possibilities went through her mind, and then Emma came up with something.

With a sigh, the exhausted blonde lowered her musket to the floor. "Hey... If I'm apparently gettin' in the way of some stupid plan o' ya master's, or potentially gettin' in the way, ya don't have to kill my friends for it. You could at least say who your master is so I might understand why he thinks I of all people could interfere. Who knows, might be some ol' enemy of mine." Emma sheepishly and carelessly grinned. "That might serve as an excuse for comin' in during another assault and assaultin' my friends and I and using threats against us."

Emma very slowly pointed her musket at the right angle at the iron floor, and she quietly took a shot. It ricocheted off the floor, off a crate, and barreled forward... straight for Tazazaki.

"Last chance!"

(EDIT: Ignore this. XD)
With a swift movement of his powerful hands, Shiro Takazaki drew his katana and deflected the ricocheting energy charge. Its energy lost, it flicked out of existence as the samoorai slipped the sword back into its sheath. "Do not shoot if you wish to talk," he scolded severely, sounding more like a stern teacher than an enemy.

"I am regarding you as if you are honorable enemies, and as such I expect to be allowed to leave with my allies when I fulfill my end of the bargain and answer a question. Do I have your word?" he asked coldly, giving a hard look towards Anne, who had been the one accusing him of dishonorable behavior.

Anne nodded reflexively, then spoke. "We do. You are free to go after answering," she impulsively replied for everyone. This earned her a few rolled eyes from those who might have preferred an opposing view, but in truth, all knew the chance for information was well worth the release of the enemy.

The samoorai gave a curt nod of acknowledgement, then turned his attention to Emma. "I can not answer the specific question you gave me. To do so would betray my master. You could take my life, but if I betrayed my master, he would take not only my life, but the lives of my family. It would be his right to do so."

"However, I can answer the second part of your question, and in exchange for being unable to answer all of your question, I will give you an important piece of information."

"First, there will be no other assault against you, Emma Everhart, at least from me. You will have to come to me if you wish to combat me. My mission has failed; it is done."

"Second, you may or may not eventually desire to seek out a certain place. I will give the name of the place and where it is located. Its name: the Pavilion of Eternal Serenity. It is located near the environs of the village near Hirayama. That is my answer to your question, and it is a most valuable one. I doubt my master will be pleased by my speaking, but I will take what punishment he gives me."

"However, I will give you some advice for free: do not attempt to go to this place. It is guarded well, by both that which can be seen and that unseen. The master of this place is very powerful and will not welcome intruders."

"Now, farewell." He gave a curt bow, and motioned the recovering ninja to gather their companions who were more injured and rescue those still trapped. Anne, hearing a moan of pain from the disordered bales of tea where Lien-Hua had tried to hide, hurried to the goat woman's side.

In but a few moments, the ninja had seemingly melted out of the warehouse (curiously, the back door was now open too), and after ascertaining this, the samoorai and his archers stiffly walked back out the front door.
The warehouse was a complete mess.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Out of the corner of his eye, Shiro Takazaki saw Amy approach stealthily. "Great, another one," was the equivalent of what he muttered under his breath, though not quite so polite. He held up his left hand to signal a temporary hold for his team. The smoke was not yet to him and the people that surrounded him, but he could smell that it would soon be, and interfere further. This is not going to work, he realized. If he couldn't get to Emma Everhart and kill her, then the whole battle was pointless. She was presently injured, but not nearly fatally, and too well guarded to make a clear push to finish her. His master was not going to be pleased. Shiro would indeed give his life to serve his master, but to do so without success in the mission was a pointless exercise.

At his signal for a hold, the pirates around him had also stopped, their weapons at ready, panting with exertion and ready for more, but not attacking. Shiro almost smiled. 'They have honor, these young ones,' he thought. 'Not what I expected for pirates.' The thought cheered him just a little. While his master would be displeased at the failure of the mission, the information he could give about Emma and her friends would mitigate his master's expected wrath.

The samoorai lowered his hand and put it with the other on the hilt of his katana. Unlike the fighting styles of the pirates, he never withdrew his sword from its sheath without the blade seeking blood to draw, and it would be returned forthwith. Very well. If they would act honorably, so would he.

"Enough," Shiro Takazaki boomed into the warehouse. "You win, Emma Everhart. Allow me and my allies to depart peacefully, and I will grant you the answer to one question."
Emma slowly nodded. "You can leave, but answer me this: Who is your master and why does he want me dead?" That was the one thing she wanted to know most. And why in the Spiral would she want to interfere in this "plan?" She didn't even know Tazazaki. Or did she..?

The blonde hoped that if the cows attacked again, they'd just go straight for her instead of attacking her friends and companions. She wasn't going to let her guard down.

However, she lowered her musket to give a sign of peace.

(Ignore my last post, it doesn't quite match this.)

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
33
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
(Sure go ahead, everyone can play! You can enter as your own character who has arrived in MooShu if you like. Emma is the only one of us who has her whole crew with her (I think), so her Bonnie Anne/El Toro would be available. And after all, Emma is the one who is in the most danger... [evil laugh echoes in background])
(Thank you :D)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Bikaneri on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Fiery Luke came running and the moment he got at the scene the black substance had cleared. Everyone could hear the sound of ship coming the distance. Scarlet said, "IT'S KANE!"
ooc\First, welcome to the roleplay thread, I'd like to say that we do welcome anyone to join in with us, just please try to follow the plot line we're creating, or if you want to change, please try to change a bit more subtly.
Also please don't take over our characters. Thank you. /ooc

Since Tazaki clearly was not going to fight anymore, Scarlet sheathed her rapier and dirk, then calmly whispered to Anne who was nearest to her. "We should really leave before this smoke gets any thicker, unless of course you want to spend the next few days bawling your eyes out."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
OOC: ok, um, let's back up the tape for a little revisionist history... whirr... All right. Emma does not shoot at the samoorai, the samoorai then of course does not scold Emma for trying to shoot him, Scarlet murmurs a warning that everyone had better get out of the warehouse as the smoke will be extremely irritating to the eyes... So a quick insertion:

Shiro Takazaki agrees to speak outside the warehouse to the pirates once his people are out -- which they do with great rapidity.

Anne (undoubtedly with help) gets the wounded Lien-Hua out of the warehouse at the same time. So everyone is now out of the warehouse, milling around on the dock. The warehouse is an awful mess (wait, I said that already. Oh, well, bears repeating)

Takazaki gives his answer to the question, which ends up being one of his own choosing, as well as a warning, as already given. He leaves, heading for a ship on the dock, one that has curiously dull dark sails. And no Emma, you have never met him before, as far as you know...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: ok, um, let's back up the tape for a little revisionist history... whirr... All right. Emma does not shoot at the samoorai, the samoorai then of course does not scold Emma for trying to shoot him, Scarlet murmurs a warning that everyone had better get out of the warehouse as the smoke will be extremely irritating to the eyes... So a quick insertion:

Shiro Takazaki agrees to speak outside the warehouse to the pirates once his people are out -- which they do with great rapidity.

Anne (undoubtedly with help) gets the wounded Lien-Hua out of the warehouse at the same time. So everyone is now out of the warehouse, milling around on the dock. The warehouse is an awful mess (wait, I said that already. Oh, well, bears repeating)

Takazaki gives his answer to the question, which ends up being one of his own choosing, as well as a warning, as already given. He leaves, heading for a ship on the dock, one that has curiously dull dark sails. And no Emma, you have never met him before, as far as you know...
OOC: Sounds good to me! I posted that one before I saw your other post. Sorry!

Ciao!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: ok, um, let's back up the tape for a little revisionist history... whirr... All right. Emma does not shoot at the samoorai, the samoorai then of course does not scold Emma for trying to shoot him, Scarlet murmurs a warning that everyone had better get out of the warehouse as the smoke will be extremely irritating to the eyes... So a quick insertion:

Shiro Takazaki agrees to speak outside the warehouse to the pirates once his people are out -- which they do with great rapidity.

Anne (undoubtedly with help) gets the wounded Lien-Hua out of the warehouse at the same time. So everyone is now out of the warehouse, milling around on the dock. The warehouse is an awful mess (wait, I said that already. Oh, well, bears repeating)

Takazaki gives his answer to the question, which ends up being one of his own choosing, as well as a warning, as already given. He leaves, heading for a ship on the dock, one that has curiously dull dark sails. And no Emma, you have never met him before, as far as you know...
Breathing in the fresh night air, and very glad the everyone had followed her advice to vacate the warehouse, Scarlet sat on a barrel and watched the Samoorai prepare their ship to leave.

OOC: Please consider that Scarlet does in fact think in Polarian, I just don't feel like writing the same long sentance twice in both French and English:

"Now that I can see those sails more clearly, I think I've seen them maybe in the Khoton Skyway?" Scarlet mused aloud to herself.

Scarlet then looked up her fellow pirates, "I guess after that bit of fun you guys are probably going to have some more tea and cake right? I think I'll just forget about the Storm Koi for now and join you guys in a tavern".

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
CdeWinter on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Breathing in the fresh night air, and very glad the everyone had followed her advice to vacate the warehouse, Scarlet sat on a barrel and watched the Samoorai prepare their ship to leave.

OOC: Please consider that Scarlet does in fact think in Polarian, I just don't feel like writing the same long sentance twice in both French and English:

"Now that I can see those sails more clearly, I think I've seen them maybe in the Khoton Skyway?" Scarlet mused aloud to herself.

Scarlet then looked up her fellow pirates, "I guess after that bit of fun you guys are probably going to have some more tea and cake right? I think I'll just forget about the Storm Koi for now and join you guys in a tavern".
Emma already had a cup of green tea in her hand. Her expression was not relaxed, and instead she seemed to be quite tense and upset at something. The blonde was confused, melancholic, and quite curious as to what threat she could pose. Emma couldn't stand being in the middle of something she hardly understood. Was she still in danger? More importantly, was her crew going to be alright if something bad happened? Her train of thought was interrupted by a searing pain from her shoulder. The Musketeer grimaced at the extremely large scratch left there by her own shot and several encounters with Shinobi.

She glanced around at the other pirates. They were all quite scratched up from the fight with Samoorai and Ninja Pigs. Only Emma had been stupid enough to attack herself with a cocky shot. She sighed.

"Hey guys, why don't we all stop by the clothing and armor vendors and get some new clothes?" Emma smiled sheepishly and gestured to her torn up topcoat and shredded boots. Only her Stetson was in good condition, hardly having the slightest hole in it. She sipped her tea again. "I'll pay for it."

Gracie was somewhat surprised at the sheepish cheerfulness of her captain. I swear, she could walk through a couple tornadoes and come out smiling. She just got threatened with death and nearly did get killed, as well as getting a rather serious scratch on her shoulder, and now she's looking at the brightest side and offering to pay for some Mooshu armor and clothes. Gracie sighed as she took a sip of the coffee Emma made.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
It dawned on Emma as she sipped her tea that she hadn't seen Anne for a while. Lien-Hua sat nearby, looking much better after some sips of pure Yum and application of Yum salve, though the young goat woman was still pale and shaken. Now she was fretting about the trouble there was going to be when the warehouse owner and the renters of its space saw the chaos within.

She was just wondering if she should be worried, when Anne came in the door, gave a cheerful wave, and went to sit down with them all. So evidently she was fine, only what had she been up to?

"Emma, you haven't had any healing Yum juice," Anne exclaimed in concern as she saw Emma's injuries. "Here, have some of mine." She put a small blue glass flask on the table. "And here is some of my salve too," she added, taking the well-used tin out of her frock coat pocket.

"As we were going up the hill to the tea house after the attack," Anne answered Emma's unspoken question, "I began to think. What is it about you, Emma, that is unique? What would you know or figure out that others would not? What special skills or interests do you have that could possibly make you a threat?"
Anne looked hopefully at her friend, waiting for an answer.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
It dawned on Emma as she sipped her tea that she hadn't seen Anne for a while. Lien-Hua sat nearby, looking much better after some sips of pure Yum and application of Yum salve, though the young goat woman was still pale and shaken. Now she was fretting about the trouble there was going to be when the warehouse owner and the renters of its space saw the chaos within.

She was just wondering if she should be worried, when Anne came in the door, gave a cheerful wave, and went to sit down with them all. So evidently she was fine, only what had she been up to?

"Emma, you haven't had any healing Yum juice," Anne exclaimed in concern as she saw Emma's injuries. "Here, have some of mine." She put a small blue glass flask on the table. "And here is some of my salve too," she added, taking the well-used tin out of her frock coat pocket.

"As we were going up the hill to the tea house after the attack," Anne answered Emma's unspoken question, "I began to think. What is it about you, Emma, that is unique? What would you know or figure out that others would not? What special skills or interests do you have that could possibly make you a threat?"
Anne looked hopefully at her friend, waiting for an answer.
Emma accepted the Tim of Yum salve and applied it to her shoulder. It stung for a minute, but the pain dulled slowly. She took a sip of the cerulean Yum and let out a relaxed sigh.

The blonde thought for a moment. "Ummm... Well, lets see... Unique? Well, I guess I can say that I've always been one of the better fighters." She shrugged. "I also tend to have a third eye I guess you can call it, because I have this sense of when something bad is about to happen. But another, I'm also impulsive and I run straight into battle without chatting about it. That's how I got this," Emma gestured to her still scratched, but healing, shoulder.

She sipped her tea. "I hate it when stuff happens and manages to get in the way of everything."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Emma accepted the Tim of Yum salve and applied it to her shoulder. It stung for a minute, but the pain dulled slowly. She took a sip of the cerulean Yum and let out a relaxed sigh.

The blonde thought for a moment. "Ummm... Well, lets see... Unique? Well, I guess I can say that I've always been one of the better fighters." She shrugged. "I also tend to have a third eye I guess you can call it, because I have this sense of when something bad is about to happen. But another, I'm also impulsive and I run straight into battle without chatting about it. That's how I got this," Emma gestured to her still scratched, but healing, shoulder.

She sipped her tea. "I hate it when stuff happens and manages to get in the way of everything."
Anne grinned. "But being quick, skillful, and impulsive isn't going to make an enemy target you in particular, is it? Those aren't especially rare qualities. Even having a good intuition and danger sense isn't going to make somebody go after you. No, somebody went to some effort to see you grounded, and when that didn't work, sent a samoorai out to get rid of you. But that happened to you, Emma, not to any other pirate. So, I'm thinking, what is particularly unique about you, that makes you different from me or Scarlet or Matthew or Felix -- or anyone else? Anne looked around at the other pirates seated at the table, inviting hypotheses.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Anne grinned. "But being quick, skillful, and impulsive isn't going to make an enemy target you in particular, is it? Those aren't especially rare qualities. Even having a good intuition and danger sense isn't going to make somebody go after you. No, somebody went to some effort to see you grounded, and when that didn't work, sent a samoorai out to get rid of you. But that happened to you, Emma, not to any other pirate. So, I'm thinking, what is particularly unique about you, that makes you different from me or Scarlet or Matthew or Felix -- or anyone else? Anne looked around at the other pirates seated at the table, inviting hypotheses.
Emma pondered for a moment. Her eyes flashed with thought, and in minutes she spoke. "Welll...."

The blonde seemed extremely hesitant. She seemed a bit nervous about her answer. "Um, well, you see, I'm highly trained in the art of Hoodoo along with my Sniping skills. And ya know how one o my friends is a Witchdoctor? Well... I found this spell, that can stop time for thirty seconds with a recharge of three hours. It's effective in combat and in certain battles it's immensely useful, but I don't ever use it unless its necessary... Hehe." She grinned sheepishly before taking another sip of tea.

She received nothing but surprised stares from her crew and friends. Emma smiled, and added, "You asked, didn't cha?"

(OOC: If this is kinda unusual or something, just ignore it and ill change it, ok? It was a really random thing because I was having trouble figuring out something to answer the question.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
(OOC: this may be unnecessary by the time it is posted, but, remember that we pirates are seated together at a table... HINT: the answer to Anne's question is right in front of everybody. )

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: this may be unnecessary by the time it is posted, but, remember that we pirates are seated together at a table... HINT: the answer to Anne's question is right in front of everybody. )
(OOC: Just a note... I pulled my idea out of the blue. I had in mind a Wizard101 story I wrote some time ago. XD)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: this may be unnecessary by the time it is posted, but, remember that we pirates are seated together at a table... HINT: the answer to Anne's question is right in front of everybody. )
(OOC: This may come too late, but I believe Scarlet knows the answer)
Scarlet had been quietly drinking her tea while jovially smirking and laughing to herself during Anne and Emma's conversation, she felt she knew the answer to Anne's question and decided to give Emma a few hints.
"Mon ami, I believe the answer to Anne's question involves a certain substance that involves dried leaves and boiled liquid".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
CdeWinter on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: This may come too late, but I believe Scarlet knows the answer)
Scarlet had been quietly drinking her tea while jovially smirking and laughing to herself during Anne and Emma's conversation, she felt she knew the answer to Anne's question and decided to give Emma a few hints.
"Mon ami, I believe the answer to Anne's question involves a certain substance that involves dried leaves and boiled liquid".
Anne's eyes sparkled as she grinned at the clever, scientifically-minded, red-haired pirate. "That's exactly what I thought, Scarlet. Who else knows tea the way Emma does? So if I were a villain, and tea was involved in some plot of mine, I would want to make sure that the person who could discern any tampering with the tea was out of the way. So I went back to the warehouse and got a sample of some of the tea leaves Lien-Hua had. The bale had split in the fighting," Anne assured the young goat woman, who had taken an interest in the conversation once it got around to tea.

Lien-Hua nodded abstractedly, her worry over getting in trouble with the warehouse owner turning into worry over her precious tea. Anne produced with a flourish the tea leaves she had picked up, inviting comparisons with the sample that Lien-Hua had given Emma earlier. A sample of the new plantation tea leaves in the box Lien-Hua had sold Emma was laid side by side with the sample of the larger supply in the warehouse.

Disappointingly, the leaves of both looked exactly the same.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Emma had technically lied the entire way. She hadn't been sure what made her so different. Keira knew the time spell and Emma knew a few words of the incantation, but that's about it. "Those tea leaves may look exactly the same, but if you look really closely, they have a thing or two that sets them apart." Emma observed. Se pointed to the warehouse tea leaves. "This has some speckles on it, if you'll notice. It's only barely different in color from these, and I'd say these are ginseng or Moolong. The others are obviously chamoomile, if you'll notice that they're a brighter color."