Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hiya Pirates! :D Today I'm starting a Roleplay thread! Feel free to join in with your pirates and crew!

~ (Squiggly line... OF DOOM!)

(Let me set the scene. )

The sun lurked over the pinkish blue skies of Skull Island, indicating that it was morning. The moon set only minutes ago. In the Kraken Skulls Tavern, it was sort of quiet, the only noises being the clank of Yum glasses and the low volume chattering.

The mornings of Skull Island usually weren't very quiet. But today, for some odd reason, it was quiet, the scenery outside was beautiful, and everything seemed fine.

A pirate with short blonde hair and blue eyes walked into the tavern, wearing some Marleybonian Admiral attire. She walked to the back of the counter and sighed.

"I gotta make some tea for myself now and start on those cupcakes I was told to make..." She sighed as if the day was going to be long, and started pouring Yum and tea into separate glasses. "I wonder how my crew is doing?" She thought aloud. "Bonnie and Ratbeard better not be arguing again..."

~

Not my best beginning but it'll get more interesting. Hop in at any time!!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
A male pirate, also with blond hair and blue eyes, entered the Tavern, accompanied by an Otter whose name was Exeter. The pirate's name was Matthew Evans.

Noticing the other pirate behind the counter, he took a seat. He was quite curious as to why she was there, so after he finished his Yum, he left Exeter at the table and went to the counter to see for himself.

He could see that she had just finished some tea, and was getting cupcakes out of the oven. Burnt cupcakes.

"What seems to be the problem?" he said.

Surprised, she turned around to see Matthew sitting there.

"Well..." she said. "It'll take a while to explain. Let me pour you some tea and we'll talk."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
*a light soprano voice, singing outside in the street*
'There were three brothers in fair Albion/
In fair Albion there were three/
And they did cast lots which of them should go, should go/
For to turn pirate all on...' **

The girl coming into the tavern, stops singing, and after a swift look around, races to the counter. "Emma!" she cries happily. Emma finds herself enfolded in a quick hug. Before her stands a brown-skinned girl her own age, with red hair and laughing grey eyes -- Anne Radcliffe. She takes in Emma's new outfit, and her eyes widen in pleased respect. "Oh, Emma, I see you have been rewarded for valiant service in Marleybone! That's wonderful!"

"But what are you doing here, beyond the counter? Where is the new Watermole cook, 'Ano'i-pua? I hope she isn't ill? Hmm, something smells good, what is it?" All the questions are asked in quick succession, with scarcely a breath taken in between.

**Parody of the 18th C. folksong 'Henry Morgan'

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Hiya Pirates! :D Today I'm starting a Roleplay thread! Feel free to join in with your pirates and crew!

(Let me set the scene. )

The sun lurked over the pinkish blue skies of Skull Island, indicating that it was morning. The moon set only minutes ago. In the Kraken Skulls Tavern, it was sort of quiet, the only noises being the clank of Yum glasses and the low volume chattering.

The mornings of Skull Island usually weren't very quiet. But today, for some odd reason, it was quiet, the scenery outside was beautiful, and everything seemed fine.

A pirate with short blonde hair and blue eyes walked into the tavern, wearing some Marleybonian Admiral attire. She walked to the back of the counter and sighed.

"I gotta make some tea for myself now and start on those cupcakes I was told to make..." She sighed as if the day was going to be long, and started pouring Yum and tea into separate glasses. "I wonder how my crew is doing?" She thought aloud. "Bonnie and Ratbeard better not be arguing again..."

~

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
As she was making the cupcakes a Wharf Rat(one of the tall ones) came in and went up to the counter. "I'd like a mug of Yum," he said in a gruff voice. "Sorry but we don't serve your kind here," she replied. Right then, two other Wharf Rats broke in through the windows and started ransacking the tavern. "It sure looks like your serving us!" He laughed. Then went behind to get a bottle of Yum for himself.

~

This should make it more interesting. Lets see what happens next!

Bristly Kevin

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
A young male Musketeer walks in wearing a odd mixture of Azteca and and Skull island clothes that he's kept all the way to Cool Ranch.. After yawning, he continues to discuss the recent rise to power that Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah, his first mate, just had after using some gold to bu an Aztecan artifact that made him the absolute ruler of the Dark Jungle and Skull mountain Troggies with Eep. After he sits down and begins to clean his twin pistols he notices Emma. "Good morning, mate! It's refreshing to see another proud citizen of the Queen! How are you these days? Say, did you here about the Wharf Rat gang teaming up with the Cutthroats in the Mountain? Dreadful business!"

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
The cold breeze of morning blew loose bits of sand across the shore, sending the particles into anything over a few feet high. It was when a small scrap of cloth flew into the cavity of a heaving person that the stopped sand was sent on its way. Removing the scrap of cloth was a dark-skinned hand, tanned from days out on the skies. Sitting up, the figure, revealed to be a female pirate with long dark hair, groaned. She peeled a gluey note from her tunic. She look at it bleary-eyed and crumpled the paper, sending it into the wind.
"No need to warn Avery of anything," the pirate grumbled, "I'm back up." Staggering to a stand, the pirate's knees shook as she wiped herself of sand. She didn't notice the many wounds and ailments from days of poor treatment. A golden pin read "D. Devereaux". Picking her worn-and-torn self up, Devereaux looked towards the tavern. She began her limping ascent.
It was about halfway up that things actually began to hurt. Devereaux realized that she was dragging a leg, and a few of her fingers drooped. Torn clothing barely supported her. She pulled herself into the tavern.

I'm a multi-year roleplayer. Happy to join in!

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:

(Let me set the scene. )

~

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Ooooooh!!!!! I'm joining! Thanks for making the role play sis!

~

Sierra Freeman walked into the Kraken Skulls tavern with a smile on her face. Her red hair hung in her face a little but she didn't seem to care. She took a seat at the front, and waved at her friend.

"Hi Emma!" She said to her good friend. "Could I have a glass of blue Yum and some blueberry pancakes?"

Not far behind her, the Privateer's first mate, Lucy Sterling followed her captain and took a seat next to her. "Can I just get some of that Moolong tea you're so good at making? Oh, and a blackberry tart would be nice..."

Sierra nodded and tossed some gold coins to the blonde musketeer and smiled.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Muffled voices could be heard from below the creaky floorboards.
"Seriously, Sarah!"
"...but Captain..."
"No more sailing the ship on your own! That. Is. Final!"

You could practically hear 'Sarah' roll her eyes, but the conversation stopped while the creaking commenced. Someone was coming up the ladder.
A pirate with uncut dirty blond hair crawled out of the hole where the ladder jutted into the cellar.

"Oh, hi... I didn't think anyone would be here this morning,"
didn't seem so much like a quiet morning anymore, with so many people in the tavern.

The swashbuckler turned his head to avoid anyone seeing his embarrassment.

Evan Silver, Level 32

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
(Ah, I'm fond of Roleplays, although the timing might be a bit difficult with the whole "we need to wait for our posts to be moderated" thing...)

In one corner of the busy tavern, a pirate with long grey hair tied into a ponytail and a crane wearing a rather large straw hat were seated at a table, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. On the table itself was an old, leather-bound book, spread open to a page containing a rather intricate sketch of... something rather complicated.

"So... what is this?" The crane asked, arching an eyebrow, indicating the sketch.

The pirate grinned, adjusting the collar on his tattered Valencian cloak, "Only the treasure that will make the both of us rich," he answered in hushed tones, "The MacGuffin Apparatus!"

"...I say again, what is this?" the other replied, clearly unimpressed.

"It's a mysterious device that was found by the famed Aquilan explorer and archaeologist, Antikythera. Nobody knows who made it or what it does. Some say it can determine the location of El Dorado. Some say that it can divine even the deepest, darkest secrets of the Spiral. Some say it's a coffee maker that also makes julienne fries and never breaks. All I know is, there are dozens of people across the Spiral who are willing to pay millions for it!"

The crane shot the grey-haired pirate a look of irritation. "This is not another one of your wild goose chases, yes?"

"Of course not!" he replied, feigning shock. "Have I ever steered you wrong?"

"Yes."

"In the last year?"

"Yes."

"This month?"

"Yes."

"Today?"

"YES."

"...in the last five-- er, four hours?"

"...well, no."

"See? You can trust me, can't you?"

"No."

They seemed to continue on bickering, apparently unaware of the bustle around them.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: Oh my goodness that is a ton of pirates walking into the tavern for a "quiet" morning. I'm not sure how this will work out

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
As the pirate and crane were bickering, they didn't notice the furry hand sneak onto the table and snatch the book. The blonde haired girl noticed this and, being his enemy, decided to say something that would change the dishonest fluffy's mind.

"Free pickled herring! Come and get it!"

Quickly, Catbeard ran to the counter.

"Hmm, I would like two. No, a dozen. Is this all you can eat? MMMMM."

Quickly, the crane saw the book was in Catbeard's pocket.

"Hey you stinky furball, give us back that pointless book!"

"It's not pointless!"

"It is if it has a drawing of a compass and ships on it!"

"That is what pirates like to call 'maps'"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma turned back to see a lot of her good friends there this morning. She smiled. "Mornin'!" She called. "Oh yea, err, I kinda ended up with a skyway restriction..." Emma smiled nervously and shrugged. The Musketeer turned to pour some tea into a couple teacups and placed some of the cups where the other pirates were sitting.

"Captain!"

Emma glanced up to see a fox dressed in a stetson-like hat, a jacket with a white shirt beneath it, a dark magenta skirt, and black boots. "Hiya Bonnie, anything wrong?"

Bonnie shook her head 'no.' "Ratbeard's trying to steer the ship again though..."

"WHAT?! How is that not a bad thing?!" Emma commented in a panicked tone. "That's worse than ME driving the ship!"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
wiz11110 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
As she was making the cupcakes a Wharf Rat(one of the tall ones) came in and went up to the counter. "I'd like a mug of Yum," he said in a gruff voice. "Sorry but we don't serve your kind here," she replied. Right then, two other Wharf Rats broke in through the windows and started ransacking the tavern. "It sure looks like your serving us!" He laughed. Then went behind to get a bottle of Yum for himself.

~

This should make it more interesting. Lets see what happens next!

Bristly Kevin
(Thank you, now we can make it a lot more interesting!)

After sending her first mate, Bonnie, to stop Ratbeard from sailing the ship, Emma stared upward at the Wharf Rat gang. She narrowed her eyes and unsheathed a cutlass with a golden hand guard, and stated, "If you asked I could have, and will if you still want to. But if not I'm prepared for a fight." Her voice was grim. "Unless you want to leave here with electrocuted fur and scratches-" she held a sniper rifle from Cool Ranch in her other hand- "I suggest you take a seat or leave now."

She hoped the wharf rats would obey, but she was prepared in case they didn't. She was always well prepared. In fact, that's what got her to reach the Admiral rank in the Royal Navy in Marleybone.

Then she turned to face Anne and smiled again. "Heya Anne, how are ya? Skyways being kind? And errr... Yes, the Water-mole is ill, and I'm low on gold but with that accursed skyway restriction, so yea."

But then Emma gasped as she saw the injured Destiny walk in. The Musketeer noted her several tears in her clothing, her leg, and hand. She seemed to be in terrible shape.

"Are you alright?" She called, still careful to remember the trouble making wharf rats.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Jacob Freeman with his brother Helpful Joshua comes in. Accompanied by Lucky Jack, Catbeard, and their sister, Black Rose
Jacob Freeman: Another day in the brisk summer breeze. Do you feel it Catbeard?
Catbeard: I sure do!
Jacob Freeman: Hmm ... I'm gonna get some Yum and some Moolang Tea for Black Rose.
Black Rose: Thanks captain!
Jacob Freeman: You're welcome!
Helpful Joshua: Brother?
Jacob Freeman: Yea?
Helpful Joshua: I see Valona with the Quentins!
Quentin: We meet again captain! You're the traitor in Valencia I see.
Jacob Freeman: You have the madness in your heart! Take it away!
Quentin: Never! Withdraw sword x
Helpful Joshua: Never bring a gun to a sword fight!
Quentin: You're correct and who are you exactly?
Helpful Joshua: I'm his brother! I will protect him at all costs! En Garde!
Quentin: I like this one! Take him away Griffen!
Valona: Please don't hurt him! He's only a child!
Black Rose: I agree with her and do you know her?
Jacob Freeman: I do exactly! She's a spy and she tricked me into being my girlfriend!
Helpful Joshua: Withdraw weapons! One, two, three, ATTACK!
Indiana Jones Bar Fight Scene happens
Now let's see who will win the fight! This roleplay has gotten alot better now!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
And then a pirate called Silver Joseph Vane comes in trying to find someone to help him defeat buck bronco
Joseph:Umm....will any of you guy's help me beat a wild bunch outlaw
Subodai:perhaps we should just get some breakfast....to go
Bonnie anne:agreed
Lucky Jack russel:Um who's that mouthless guy with the glasses and and golden sword
Sky:IT'S BUTTER!!!!!
*Sky violiently attacks jack with his butter sword but jack luckly blocks*

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
In the corner at a table covered in small wooden boxes and notebooks Red Scarlet slowly wakes up, groggily blinking and muttering to herself
"zut, ces't bruyant." (Good grief, it's noisy).

She then notices one slightly larger crate with the lid askew. Quickly jumping up and shouting above the growing din she calls out in a light Polarian accent,
"Um, exuse me but has anyone seen a live Lava Fish about? I had one here in this crate, but it appears to be missing. I really need it for my research".

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Hmm...now that I think about it, my style of roleplaying won't actually work with the moderation wait time. I had a fun time making that one post, and I'll see where I can fit a similar scene in my fan-fiction later on. For now, I'll duck out. Happy roleplaying, mateys!

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh my goodness that is a ton of pirates walking into the tavern for a "quiet" morning. I'm not sure how this will work out
OOC: I suppose we'll see. Thing is, we don't know how many have posted until someone approves them -- One-Eyed Jack actually mentioned this in another thread -- so it could get a little messy.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
A fudge colored hair pirate with red eyes comes in, wearing all black with an old, rotting eye patch..
He looks around and notices the group and walks over to them..

"Hello there..." he says in a raspy voice.
"I'm looking for a crew...Up for the job?"

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
In the afternoon, a buccaneer with black and hair wearing a top hat and a coat walked in with his weasel partner, Angry Harvey Bass. He and Harvey went into the cellar, saying stuff about a maze to riches in Aquila. Then, they left to the docks in a Hawk-class frigate. Eventually, half the pirates inside followed them. However, they went to Cool Ranch. Harvey and the pirate were heading for the Haunted Skyway, and docked at a cliff. The duo fled into a cave built into the cliff, and came out overjoyed. Eventually, they returned to Skull Island going to Aquila, only to realize one of the crew quarters were filled with bombs, set by a mutineer who leaves his ignitials as a mark to where he struck. OL was the mark. What shall happen next...

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Beautifulmonkey on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
A fudge colored hair pirate with red eyes comes in, wearing all black with an old, rotting eye patch..
He looks around and notices the group and walks over to them..

"Hello there..." he says in a raspy voice.
"I'm looking for a crew...Up for the job?"
"Um... Sir? Are you okay? What do you need?"

Evan genuinely cared for this pirate, because he assumed what goes around comes around. He kicked a chair out from under the table so the man could sit down.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Anne Radcliffe soon comes to the conclusion that a quiet cup of tea and some tasty sweets are not in her near future. She scans the chaos around her and focuses on one target: the Wharf Rats who are menacing her friend Emma. She puts two fingers in her mouth and produces an ear-splitting whistle. For one brief moment, silence falls, and into that silence she yells "They're giving away free cheese in the marketplace!" The Wharf Rats immediately sheathe their weapons and push their way rudely out the door, followed by not a few other denizens of the Tavern. Anne laughs to herself, and smugly drops into a recently vacated chair.

Even faster, she is up again. "Ouch!" She twists around, and looks down. "Il y a poisson! Zut alors! A fish bit me!" And she thinks 'why am I speaking in Polarian?'

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Anne Radcliffe soon comes to the conclusion that a quiet cup of tea and some tasty sweets are not in her near future. She scans the chaos around her and focuses on one target: the Wharf Rats who are menacing her friend Emma. She puts two fingers in her mouth and produces an ear-splitting whistle. For one brief moment, silence falls, and into that silence she yells "They're giving away free cheese in the marketplace!" The Wharf Rats immediately sheathe their weapons and push their way rudely out the door, followed by not a few other denizens of the Tavern. Anne laughs to herself, and smugly drops into a recently vacated chair.

Even faster, she is up again. "Ouch!" She twists around, and looks down. "Il y a poisson! Zut alors! A fish bit me!" And she thinks 'why am I speaking in Polarian?'
Emma shrugged at the Polarian, but she smiled nonetheless. Emma placed a cup of Moolong tea and a lemon tea cake in front of Anne, as well as passing what Sierra and Lucy had asked for to them, picking up the gold coins in the process.

Emma glanced at the clock, noting how swiftly the time had passed. She sighed. "I'd better get to piratin'."

Bonnie stared at her captain in confusion. "I thought ye had a skyway restriction?"

The blonde Musketeer smirked and twirled her musket. "Exactly. I'm a pirate. Pirates don't go by the rules." She took a sip from her tea. "Tell Romba, Ridolfo, and Ratbeard to go set up the Silver Rain. You and Louis can go ahead and do whatever else is necessary."

Bonnie nodded, but she couldn't help but grin at her captain's first comment. "Aye, Captain!" With that, the fox Sniper walked out and headed for the docks.

Emma turned to Anne again. "Anyone up for a ride on the ship?"

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Sierra looked at Lucy, who was enjoying the free time away from Cool Ranch.

"Lucy, stay here for a minute..." Sierra said to the brown furred mouse.

Lucy nodded. "Aye, Captain!"

Sierra then walked to the pirate named Scarlet. "I think someone found your fish..." The redhead gestured to Anne.

The Privateer'n Wizard

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:

Jacob Freeman: Well this tavern has gotten crazy after I started the fight!
Catbeard: Emma seriously doesn't like me giving out Pickle Herring in the Kraken Skulls.
Jacob Freeman: Yea, let's go. Black Rose and Helpful Joshua; we're going now!
Black Rose: Where are we going exactly?
Jacob Freeman: We're gonna get Avery of course! We need him to stop the fight.
Black Rose: Oh, okay
In Avery's Mansion
Jacob Freeman: There's a fight in the local tavern!
Helpful Joshua: Yea there is! Come on!
Avery: Wait, wait, wait a moment. A fight is going through local Pirates or is there a gang involved that started the fight?
Jacob Freeman: x Thinks quick x Well the Wharf Rats started it!
Avery: I knew it! Let's teach them a lesson!\
In the Kraken Skulls Tavern again
Avery: Listen up everybody! KILL THOSE RATS!
After the rats died the Pirates celebrate
Avery: Go to your usual business now. Tavern time is up!
Everyone leaves the Tavern and gets to there bussiness
What will happen next?