Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stupendor-X

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
I agree this stormzilla is enogh to make me quit this game. I do not mind loosing, but when you don't see a way through, that's enough. One more time and I'm done with this game.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
You tube video helped me to complete this quest. Still very dificult.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
I have no idea how to complete this quest. I've read strategies online, watched youtube videos. I just can't beat it. I've tried breaking all the eggs, lining up 2 rows of fire traps for Stormzilla, but he always manages to kill me. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to run all the way back to the Stupendor-X each time we lose. Travel in this game takes a really long time. Also, his dodge/block rate, like most of the npcs in Cool Ranch and Mooshu are ridiculously high. I'm trying to get the most out of this game, as I paid for a full year membership...but some of the quests make me want to pull my hair out and quit.

Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
I have this issue and it is beyond a pain in the rear. -.- Not only that, but suspender-x's abilities don't even work.

It's basically impossible to do this quest. Most of the people I know could do it before it was fixed, but now I see it as impossible.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2010
i am not getting member again becouse of the stupedix quest it is imposible and stupid

Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
I am thinking of not only quitting, but telling everyone else that it's pathetic. I dont see how this is "User Friendly" when all the user wants to do is throw the computer out the window.

I've fought stormzilla like five times a day for 4 days. That means about 20 times I have died. -.- I am not doing it anymore until it is fixed.

Either do these listed or you will loose a lot of money and users.

• Reduce number of buildings to make moving easier
  • More health for stupendor-x
  • Less health for stormzilla
  • Less electric lizards
  • More stupendor-x abilities
  • More rewards
  • Higher XP gain from quest

Otherwise, the quest isn't worth it even if it means moving on. I would rather do ALL of wizard101 over again than to do this one battle. -.-

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
yeah KI is going to lose that much things if they dont fix this. i dont get how am i a level 48 and i'm still stuck on this darn quest. -_- i'm at least this close to quitting the whole game and playing wizard101 instead even though if they banned me for no reason. KI i will ask nicely please fix this glitch or your company will be at stake i am not joking.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2010
This fight is 100% about (reliant on) kiting him through the fire...the fire DOES NOT damage you...so, as has been posted here and in the referenced youtube videos, kill the eggs counter clock-wise. Then drop two fire lines next to each other, covering max spaces, left to right. Then just proceed moving in the fire yourself, and he'll follow. Takes time, but can easily be done.

So again:

1. Kill the eggs Counter Clock-Wise...then once on the left side...around 9'Oclock, make sure you are as far left as possible and drop a fire line all the way to 3'Oclock.
2. Move up or down one row, and do it again with your second spell.
3. By now, he has most likely killed your pet, and now is after you...slow him down if need be using your slow spell...and just start kiting back and forth aways through the fire.

I never even had to use a Damage or Hit spell as the fire damage through kiting killed him.

Good luck and hang in there!

Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Preach829 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
This fight is 100% about (reliant on) kiting him through the fire...the fire DOES NOT damage you...so, as has been posted here and in the referenced youtube videos, kill the eggs counter clock-wise. Then drop two fire lines next to each other, covering max spaces, left to right. Then just proceed moving in the fire yourself, and he'll follow. Takes time, but can easily be done.

So again:

1. Kill the eggs Counter Clock-Wise...then once on the left side...around 9'Oclock, make sure you are as far left as possible and drop a fire line all the way to 3'Oclock.
2. Move up or down one row, and do it again with your second spell.
3. By now, he has most likely killed your pet, and now is after you...slow him down if need be using your slow spell...and just start kiting back and forth aways through the fire.

I never even had to use a Damage or Hit spell as the fire damage through kiting killed him.

Good luck and hang in there!
so so true luckily i beat stormzilla on my first try, first just use all your criticals then you must hit him once or twice maybe three or four times then run back and forth and lead stormzilla through the fire, but before you do any of thats you must destroy the eggs and once you have ran him through the fire if he is not dead he will be dead very soon so keep trying

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Dark Wolf on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
There is a problem with stormzilla quest, when i try to move my mecha to the place to kill the egg it does not move and wastes a turn, and it is preventing me from doing the quest. Can you guys take alook at this i think it is a bug
I'm ticked now i have died from stormzilla 4 times already! and none of my epic talents work! fix this KI or i quit!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I'm ticked now i have died from stormzilla 4 times already! and none of my epic talents work! fix this KI or i quit!
There are known issues with this battle. They will be fixed soon, so please have some patience. I have just posted in another thread the tips and tricks to defeating stormzilla, you might want to check out my post as it will give you everything you need to defeat this quest!

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack just posted this morning that they will be updating this quest again once we're in the new year. He also said that it is possible to complete it in its current form.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Aug 11, 2010
Hey, i was having trouble with this too but i figure how to move. you can only move 4 places each round

Ensign
Nov 13, 2009
I have that i have to keep walking back to the sotrmzilla. It talk a long time

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Darth JT on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
There are known issues with this battle. They will be fixed soon, so please have some patience. I have just posted in another thread the tips and tricks to defeating stormzilla, you might want to check out my post as it will give you everything you need to defeat this quest!
Yeah sorry about my rage its just i got so close to killing him ill just wait for the fix

Bosun
May 10, 2010
And once again, I will post this to help all those having difficulties.

Tips & Tricks to StormZilla: By DarthJT

1. Do not try to move more than 4 spaces, or it will skip your turn. You can move 4 spaces and attack, but that is the limit of your actions per turn.

2. Destroy the eggs in a counter clockwise fasion, lower right, upper right, upper left. If you do things correctly, you can destroy all the eggs before any of them hatch!

3. If an egg does hatch, dont focus on it, keep getting the other eggs.

4. After the eggs are destroyed, Use Chest Beam on Stormzilla when he is in a corner of the map. You then have 3 rounds to move to the other side of the map and shoot a fire line. When using the fire line, try to use a line that has no obstacles such as houses, so that more fires will emerge.

5. Try and draw stormzilla through the fires and make sure you use your distance attacks then. When he reaches you, stun stormzilla again and repeat the process.

6. You also get 2 spin attacks, use these to finish off stormzilla.

7. Try and get your pet in battle!

8. If at any time, the battle really does not look good and you are sure to lose, go to options, then select pirate. The come back into the game. You will be in the suit again and start the instance over with full health, a chance to get your pet again, and not have the long travel back!

Good luck, it can be done

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I understand the strategy behind this quest, but every so often I attack an egg and nothing happens. The suit swings it sword, but the egg doesn't die like it should.

Administrator
The Go Go Stormzilla encounter underwent major revisions early this morning! I played through it a couple times after the update, and the issues mentioned here and in many other threads now seem to be fixed! We're interested in hearing your feedback!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I just finished playing through Stormzilla again. I like it. Nice job with all of the updates, I think it is working well. Thanks Kingsisle.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Woah, way too easy now. Granted, I killed all but 1 egg, which I purposefully let live. I kept my distance and made him walk through fires and used my ranged attacks, but I was still around 2k health.... I love the fixes and that we get riposte now, but to have the same health and all the bonus attacks?

I know many people complained, but is this not a bit too easy now? Just my opinion

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Darth JT on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
Woah, way too easy now. Granted, I killed all but 1 egg, which I purposefully let live. I kept my distance and made him walk through fires and used my ranged attacks, but I was still around 2k health.... I love the fixes and that we get riposte now, but to have the same health and all the bonus attacks?

I know many people complained, but is this not a bit too easy now? Just my opinion
You people just can't be pleased eh? and btw i still had trouble on this fight I won in 2 tries with like 150 hp left

Community Leader

Disclaimer: I haven't tried the new version of this yet.

With the way the quest seems to work now, based on notes and hearsay, it seems that it is now open to other strategies instead of just one that could work. That one still might be the best and easiest, but others could now emerge.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011

Seems no one can be satisfied :P

Seriously though, if you had a strategy that worked in spite of all the bugs then sure it will seem super easy. But remember, many people were not able to do it before so this is a welcome change to them. It will still be a challenging battle for most, as you need to learn to do things differently to what you have been doing for the last 45 or so levels.

So please, do not complain about it being too easy. You may give KI ideas.

Community Leader
This is so easy now, I defeated Stormzilla last night luring him around through the fires I created. Only made maybe 2 attacks in addition to what the fires did to him. Not a single baby hatched, I had plenty of time to destroy all the eggs, put a slow on stormzilla, walk across map, lay a line of fire between me and stormzilla, and then watch him burn as he walked towards me. Once he got to me, i hit him with slow again, walked the opposite way, and put out another line of fires he gladly walked through.

I didnt get below 3/4s health in the few attacks he did get against me.
Yes, the final blow on Stormzilla was him killing himself, stepping into a fire.

There is not much of any challenge left in this instance.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 10, 2012