Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
When I first started this game I made a to me, they are fighters who deal INSANE amounts of damage and can go the farthest (Without the charges s have) And going invisible along with having the most weapon damage.

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
BuccaneeringPrivat... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
When I first started this game I made a to me, they are fighters who deal INSANE amounts of damage and can go the farthest (Without the charges s have) And going invisible along with having the most weapon damage.
- Ruthless Cole Dove 65

- Not about what level you are, just how you act to the lower levels 65 , ,

Ensign
Aug 18, 2013
swashbucklers have a very good advantage they are masters of the blade and they have good agility thats why they wear light armor to have alot of agility and to be faster so who do you think will win swashbuckler or buccaneer my opinion is swashbuckler what do you guys think what i like about swashbuckler is they have alot of agility and they have two blades in each hand they also can use hidden moves like black fog buccaneers have heavy weapons and armor i want to know your opinion please anwser of who you think will win and have a wonderful day

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
luisgerman44 on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
swashbucklers have a very good advantage they are masters of the blade and they have good agility thats why they wear light armor to have alot of agility and to be faster so who do you think will win swashbuckler or buccaneer my opinion is swashbuckler what do you guys think what i like about swashbuckler is they have alot of agility and they have two blades in each hand they also can use hidden moves like black fog buccaneers have heavy weapons and armor i want to know your opinion please anwser of who you think will win and have a wonderful day
Hi Luis, welcome to the message boards. Both classes have their strengths and weaknesses. They can both totally kick tush. It depends on the brain powering the pirate and the luck of which powers show up first.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
A few good battle line ups

Against Melee/general team
El Toro: (Accuracy and dodge booster while still got some powerful hits)
Sarah Steele: (Excellent swashbuckler with plenty of epics)
Fan Flanders: Like El Toro she is a supporter and she is just plain amazing

Against Musketeer
Fan Flanders: Same reasons as before but benefits your "Anti-Muskets" with agility boosts
Nausica: An amazing anti-musketeer that really hurts
Other Nausica type of musketeer

Against Witchdoctors
3 Witch Hunter companions: Obvious reasons are obvious, swashbucklers are really weak against Witchdoctors. Using Witch Hunter companions should even the edge a bit. You can also try 2 witch hunter+ El Toro for even more pressure.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Hey guys! I have a couple questions. If you could answer them I would be delighted!

(As you can tell, these are about Swashbuckler )

1. Doesn't Swashbuckler have the lowest health? And if so, how do we boost it up to get more health or make up
for it?

2. What powers help the most for Swashbucklers?

3. Any tricks I need to know about Swashbucklers?

I have heard a lot of good and bad things about this class. I hear the sneak attacks and powers are excellent! I also hear about how much damage they do! I have also heard about the low health and they lack in that. I am not sure how I would be able to compete and win at PVP matches and quests.

Thanks,
Coldroplay.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Coldroplay on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys! I have a couple questions. If you could answer them I would be delighted!

(As you can tell, these are about Swashbuckler )

1. Doesn't Swashbuckler have the lowest health? And if so, how do we boost it up to get more health or make up
for it?

2. What powers help the most for Swashbucklers?

3. Any tricks I need to know about Swashbucklers?

I have heard a lot of good and bad things about this class. I hear the sneak attacks and powers are excellent! I also hear about how much damage they do! I have also heard about the low health and they lack in that. I am not sure how I would be able to compete and win at PVP matches and quests.

Thanks,
Coldroplay.
Good questions, Coldroplay!
1. because we have low health, look for ways to boost your dodge.
2.sneak attack, backstab and assassin's strike are core in the swashbuckler arsenal, also, all the poisons and hides we can train.
3. read this post thoroughly as I would only be repeating what others have said.
In pvp use companions that have buffs that can help you and them. Fan Flanders and El Toro. And remember to train your swash companions to maximize their doddge and agility!

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
2.sneak attack, backstab and assassin's strike are core in the swashbuckler arsenal, also, all the poisons and hides we can train.
3. read this post thoroughly as I would only be repeating what others have said.
In pvp use companions that have buffs that can help you and them. Fan Flanders and El Toro. And remember to train your swash companions to maximize their doddge and agility!
Thank you anecorbie! I love being a Swashbuckler but I just got stuck over these questions! Thank you! You have helped me a lot!

Matthew Underwood: A new Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Coldroplay on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
Thank you anecorbie! I love being a Swashbuckler but I just got stuck over these questions! Thank you! You have helped me a lot!

Matthew Underwood: A new Swashbuckler
You're welcome, any time you have a question, post it on the message boards, we all like to help!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
And, just to add to what Esperanza sensibly pointed out, boosting your dodge means a potential additional attack, since after a dodge you often get to riposte!

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
Shiningfantasia on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
I do have a question for you guys.

Your first spell is "Sneak attack." This graphic is nearly the same graphic used for all the upcoming back stab spells.

What I always wondered, and for some reason never been able to confirm, does hide in the shadows increase Sneak attack damage?
Walk in shadows increases ALL damage done.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
YAY SWASHBUCKLERS!!! I love this class so much! Morgan (can I just say your first name), you are an awesome teacher with an awesome accent! And of course might I add that you have awesome talents and powers to that you have taught me. Man, I'm using that word so much. Whatever. Though I love using most of my practice points on witchdoctor spells. I'm glad to have those powers and talents! Thanks Morgan! Thanks Vadima! (yep, shortening up her name too)

Perilous Olivia Hornigold

Ensign
Jan 01, 2013
wayhaulaway on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
But I have a question, stormfang's a swashbuckler in haunted sky way. He casted a swashbuckler spell that showed a rose wilting above me, then it said, "Cursed!" above me. What is the name of this spell and what does
it do?
It is ether asasants gloom or asasants mist. Trust me I know. It pieosens you and curses you.

Ensign
Jan 01, 2013
Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
Swashbucklers are the best in speed and stealth. Swashbucklers are my favorite class my highest character is one

Stocky Tim Calles Lvl.32

Ensign
Mar 30, 2014
hey I'm loving this amazing class

i love dance of steel and assassins shroud

My Pirate101 Name: Marcus Quarter (Level 23)

Ensign
Mar 30, 2014
Polaris1055 on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Swashbucklers are the best in speed and stealth. Swashbucklers are my favorite class my highest character is one

Stocky Tim Calles Lvl.32
most definitely

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
A Swash was my first char, so it holds a special place in my heart I focus on Dodge above all; that way, somewhat low health isn't too much of an impairment. With high dodge and Riposte, you've got it good for ya

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
sagehyuuga on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
oh yes i am loving this "class". going invisable and going past foes to strike the ones behind them, also the spaces i can move is awesome to boot. cant wait to lvl up more and see what else i can do :)
I agree on so many different levels

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
Swashbucklers Have so much damage, they really speedy swashbucklers is my favourite class!

Smart Aeden Zest21

Ensign
Jun 22, 2014
Here is a good strategy that Swashbucklers can use. Use your following companions:

Fan Flanders -
Sarah Steele - (optional, but should be used)
El Toro -

These fellows are all Swashbucklers. Just like you! Now lets prepare. First, use (Grand) Shadowdance. Then have Fan use (Grand) Shadowdance. Have Sarah use Walk in Shadows. And use Espit De Corps on El Toro.
Next round, either use Walk in Shadows, Walk in Darkness, or Black Fog. Everyone else may attack. The highest chances of winning if you, Fan, Sarah, and El Toro all have Riposte.

I hope this helps in fighting. This strategy will teach you about buffs too, if you don't know much. This is because in my opinion, they are the best companions for Swashbucklers with buffs.

A tip is to boost on Dodge and Agility.

I hope this helps you all Swashbucklers and I shall see you in my next post

Silly Noah Underwood - Level 56

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
My swashbuckler dose have a little more health than the typical swashbuckler, I choose the rasied in Girzzlehim trait. Also in addition to agility,rough and dodge stats. I also have some gear to boost her health to prolong the duel. Initially, I rearly played as a swashbuckler. However as she reach higher level, I played this class more often, to the point currently close to my Buccaneer's level maxed. Second only to Buccaneers in my opinon the best class.

Here is a tip to boost health other than the raised in Girzzlehim trait, find a good gear along with damage and agility with health boost. Until then have a fun adventure.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
My swashbuckler dose have a little more health than the typical swashbuckler, I choose the rasied in Girzzlehim trait. Also in addition to agility,rough and dodge stats. I also have some gear to boost her health to prolong the duel. Initially, I rearly played as a swashbuckler. However as she reach higher level, I played this class more often, to the point currently close to my Buccaneer's level maxed. Second only to Buccaneers in my opinon the best class.

Here is a tip to boost health other than the raised in Girzzlehim trait, find a good gear along with damage and agility with health boost. Until then have a fun adventure.
That's a good approach to building your Swashbuckler and will serve you well for team questing and dungeons. However, for 1v1 pvp I would suggest more shields than healing. The amount of damage you can block exceeds that from which you can heal. Swashbucklers are meant to be used aggressively and I wouldn't want to rely on their health because that is not a strength for this class. I have 3 gear items that grant Valor's Fortress along with either an Agility, Dodge or Weapons boost. With this much shielding I can go toe to toe with any Buccaneer. Added to the fact that each time my Swashbuckler attacks out of 'Hidden' (of which I have 5) the damage is doubled and what you have is the most devastating offensive unit in the game. Black Fog allows a Swashbuckler to hide their whole team and the first attack after that can easily take out two or more of your opponent's team members, provided that they aren't shielded. I would recommend at least one heal and a Great Juju gear item so that you can buff companions of any class. If you have these items, very few Buccaneers (or any other class for that matter) can offer a Swashbuckler much difficulty.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Cass Underwood on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Does Walk in Shadows and all the other moves that hides your pirate only work if you don't move

Cass Underwood L14
Yeah it still works (one of the only reasons I use it is because it doubles your damage. not being able to move during that would make it useless.)

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
my favorite swashies are zorro, el toro, jack sparrow, and will turner :D