Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
so women at KI do post .....lol

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
There is no "best school" swashbuckler. The schools are all equal. One example, how are you planning on using riposte on a musketeer?
of course swashbucklers are the best school duh!!!! :P

that is quite obvious, when my 2 bro's come to pvp, and the buccneer lose, he says, well you were suppose to win anyway, you were a swashbuckler, and my other bro says ya i no :P

its common knowledge if ya ask me.

Xavier lvl 37 swash

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Paige MoonShade on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I guess it would depend on if they are in close hand to hand battle. My Swashbuckler is very powerful in close up battles. It is the distance battles that are swashbucklers weakness points. Even though you can hide in shadows Long distant classes such as Witchdoctor would have the bigger advantage with their area of effect powers.

For me swashbucklers need to get up in the mix as fast as possible. More of a front line class. I agree swashbucklers are power houses.
Sorry i made a typo in that statement. I meant "Finally, a person who thinks swashbuckler isn't the best school. I appreciate that!" I still guess your post would make sense though whether or not i changed the post

Dead-Eye Luke, Level 50

Cunning Luke Sharp, Level 50

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
warpax on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
what did you guys spend your first training point on? Im thinking the heal from privateer would be nice because i dont have a companion with a heal yet at lvl 8 but Im unsure.
Since I thought healing was a good idea I used it on rouse because it would allow me to heal. Plus we take a ton of damage.

Sneaky Jonathan L14

Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
my favorite combo is walk in darkness,my companions handle the enemies lol

P.S I almost have grand shadow dance

En garde!

Ensign
Sep 07, 2009
warpax on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
what did you guys spend your first training point on? Im thinking the heal from privateer would be nice because i dont have a companion with a heal yet at lvl 8 but Im unsure.
At first I got the healing spell but then I got a ring that gave me it ,so I sold my training point and got the first witchdoctor spell.

Reliable Griffin Roberts,level 21

P.S. I still don't have a companion with the heal spell.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Companions do get healing spells, but you will not see them until later on.

The first universal companion with the healing spell will be Nurse Quinn, but is thought of as a relatively bad one.

The Witchdoctor and Musketeer companions both learn healing spells after promotions, as do their crown shop counterparts.

The bison Ghostcaller and (generally) all privateer companions will learn Rouse. But to my knowledge, the Crane Master and Goat Monk are the only companions to learn Rally, the highest rank healing spell.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2011
Speed Switch on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
so women at KI do post .....lol
hello i have completed the game on swashbuckler school a long time ago i was wondering when there will be more quest and more lvls for people who have finished the game and will there be any type of special quests just for swashbuckler or just for any schoolspirate101 rocks

Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
If I where you I'd get healing with the first training point because even at level 22 you do't have a healer in less you're a privateer but then you don't have a swashbuckler. I you're swashbuckler I don't know whn or even if you get a privateer for a companion.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
In my opinion I don't like how many people are swashbuckler I mean it's a great class and all that but about 45 percent of pirates I see are swashbucklers. It is starting to make the game boring because about every pirate I see is a swashbuckler. I wish the number of pirate classes would be balenced more.

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
war101girl99810 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
If I where you I'd get healing with the first training point because even at level 22 you do't have a healer in less you're a privateer but then you don't have a swashbuckler. I you're swashbuckler I don't know whn or even if you get a privateer for a companion.
War101girl--
I'm with you on training for healing with your first training point.... I did and it has saved me in many battles.

I am actually unsure of when Swashbucklers get a Privateer companion. I know that Musketeers get one as their first mate, but since I'm only a level 25 Swashbuckler, I don't know when I will get one as a companion (unless I buy it in the Crown Shop).

Cassandra Quinn, Level 25 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
cam1109 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion I don't like how many people are swashbuckler I mean it's a great class and all that but about 45 percent of pirates I see are swashbucklers. It is starting to make the game boring because about every pirate I see is a swashbuckler. I wish the number of pirate classes would be balenced more.
I have to disagree there.

I'm a level 25 Swashbuckler and the amount of Swashbucklers I've seen is very little, other than myself. I understand you may just have seen more than I have, but I can guarantee you that the number of people playing Pirate101 are not Swashbucklers.

I actually have to say that I like the variety of pirates playing the game. Some of the most common pirates I've seen playing the game are Privateers.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Speed Switch on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
of course swashbucklers are the best school duh!!!! :P

that is quite obvious, when my 2 bro's come to pvp, and the buccneer lose, he says, well you were suppose to win anyway, you were a swashbuckler, and my other bro says ya i no :P

its common knowledge if ya ask me.

Xavier lvl 37 swash
The swashbucklers aren't the best, though they are extremely powerful I do admit; their invisibility however can be undone by certain mojo attacks of the witchdoctors' or a the privateers' explosive powers. As for dodge rating when a privateer is half down on life they take the cake.

I don't mean to be mean but swashbucklers are not the most powerful.

Sorry if this is hurtful to anyone.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
sagehyuuga on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
oh yes i am loving this "class". going invisable and going past foes to strike the ones behind them, also the spaces i can move is awesome to boot. cant wait to lvl up more and see what else i can do :)
i am a swashbuckler toand i just got first stikean justthem to their doom can wait to lvl up some more i am just a lvl 15 so i got a lot more to learn i pirate 101 i can't wait to be a lvl 50

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
There is no "best school" swashbuckler. The schools are all equal. One example, how are you planning on using riposte on a musketeer?
you are sooooooooooooooooo wrong swashbuckler is the best class your fast you do alot of damage and you get sarah steel which is a great companion

Ensign
Jun 28, 2010
Swashbuckler is my favorite class! So far I am a level 24 on Swashbuckler.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Im kinda disappointed in swashbucklers because their damage is no longer out match by other classes and that was key to being a swashbuckler.

Witches and musketeers can easily match their damages :(

Ever see a witch use Mojo Reaver? If you havent - Go see its power. My Privateers has a Mojo Blade - and he can deal 1096 damage with it when it crits. And privateers crit MUCH more often when swashbucklers.

Swashbucklers lost their outstanding power when KI nerfed the Walk in the Shadows series towards their Sneak Attack Series.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
commander amazing1... on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
hello i have completed the game on swashbuckler school a long time ago i was wondering when there will be more quest and more lvls for people who have finished the game and will there be any type of special quests just for swashbuckler or just for any schoolspirate101 rocks
you can ask one eyed jack that ;) although he wont tell you XD they are making it a surprise i believe o something like that :D cant wait! :D lol there will be new stuff for everyone i believe :)

you can try find me on the game i'm Cunning Xavier Veldon, Brave Mason Xiriga, Loyal Mason Xiriga, Ruthless Mason Devereaux, and umm...ah yes Eccentric Xavier Xavier lol cant remeber the other lol O.o he's another xavier

*Walk in the Shadows*

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Xiriganism on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
Im kinda disappointed in swashbucklers because their damage is no longer out match by other classes and that was key to being a swashbuckler.

Witches and musketeers can easily match their damages :(

Ever see a witch use Mojo Reaver? If you havent - Go see its power. My Privateers has a Mojo Blade - and he can deal 1096 damage with it when it crits. And privateers crit MUCH more often when swashbucklers.

Swashbucklers lost their outstanding power when KI nerfed the Walk in the Shadows series towards their Sneak Attack Series.
i know right, so true, also if you think about it, walk in the shadows is most profitable for a musketeer, i've seen lvl 50 musketeer hit 1,804 damage critical because she used walk in the shadows and used a (?)x damage shot, not sure which one, but that is MUCH more than a swashbuckler can hit with thier most powerful, assassin strike, now, i'm not quite sure but i think muskets have more 2x 3x 4x etc. attacks than swashbucklers, and due to the fact that swashbucklers have no buffs what soever, they cant do ANYTHING to make thier companions more powerful, and that makes it so that the defensive part of walk in the shadows is useless for them, because if they use it to hide and stay out of combat, they will lose the battle, thier companions NEED them to win battles. so now walk in the shadows hardly amplify the damage of anything they do, and the hiding part is useless for them, so what good is walk in the shadows for them now? its more profitable for musketeers. furthermore they get peaceful, so enemies wont target them as much, making WITS(walk in the shadows) even more useless for them

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
noahdd on Feb 8, 2013 wrote:
The swashbucklers aren't the best, though they are extremely powerful I do admit; their invisibility however can be undone by certain mojo attacks of the witchdoctors' or a the privateers' explosive powers. As for dodge rating when a privateer is half down on life they take the cake.

I don't mean to be mean but swashbucklers are not the most powerful.

Sorry if this is hurtful to anyone.
sry, i UTTERLY take back saying swashbucklers are the best, becasuse they aint...

Ensign
Dec 13, 2012
i like the dance of steel so cool :P anthony lvl 23

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Xaviyn on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
when you pick your family were killed by an octopus does the game give you mustang sally as a companion?
No you get mustang Sally later but I don't know what you get

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
cam1109 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
I don't know what your talking about we are awesome

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Swashbucklers should fight like they're dancing. Every move should be graceful and smooth. Avoid attacks and make sharp stabs. we are assassins with finesse not brutal warriors. Balance your crew with power and ranged attacks. Accuracy can help to get the most out of a turn. Increase your damage with critical chances and don't back down.

C. G. Deverux LvL 43

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
djfunky4 on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
I have to disagree there.

I'm a level 25 Swashbuckler and the amount of Swashbucklers I've seen is very little, other than myself. I understand you may just have seen more than I have, but I can guarantee you that the number of people playing Pirate101 are not Swashbucklers.

I actually have to say that I like the variety of pirates playing the game. Some of the most common pirates I've seen playing the game are Privateers.

Well of coarce, your in Cool Ranch. All The Swashbucklers I see are in Monquista, and Mooshu!
For example when I went in the Fin dungeon there were 2 Swashbucklers and 1 Privateers and
then me (witchdocter) but when I entered the dungeon there were about 8 Swahbucklers outside
the door. Plus on the What Is A Witchdoctor? Post there is about 7000 views! All the others have
About 3000 to 5000 views.

Pleasant Morgrim Strong level 23
Quick Hunter Dodger level 46