Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wizard to Pirate but how about Warrior?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
A very well thoroughly thought idea. I like it very much.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
great idea! but i don't get how the combat style works. and what if you instead of powers in pirate101 and spells in wizard101, warriors gain tactics and espionage.

Lucas Jackson level 10

Ensign
Nov 13, 2009
Pretty cool. It seem to me you put a lot of thought into it.

Captain
May 13, 2011
idk if i missed something but it doesnt look like any of those classes are made for support or healing. how about alchemist?

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
It is an interesting idea and I can see you put some though into it, but I would have to disagree with the plot. You go through 5 areas/worlds, likely battling hundreds, even thousands, of foes. Dying multiple times while doing many hazardous quests, just to punish a man for asking you to do something...dangerous. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Like cutting off the hand because the finger itches.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
leonidasofsparta on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
How exactly would the combat system work? I do think it's a good idea, but maybe a bit too soon after a new game.
I have a perfect idea of the combat proporties, details, and rules. Being a maxed player in Wizard101 and working up on Pirate101, I have much knowledge to share
So heres how it works:
1: Battlefeild Layout: The battlefeild will first show you a bird's eye view of the field to show where you and the enemies are. Than, the screen will go to your prespective, you have certain arrow key combinations for your offensive, defensive, enchanting, and reinforcing abilities. They are shown in a list in front of you, than once you choose and type one down, you take a roll of dice that goes from 1-90. If you get a number higher than its highest dealing damage, defense, enchantment, or reinforcement, you get bonus for it. If less, you will get a slight decrease in the ability's power.
2:In the heat of battle: After the dice roll, you have a certain amount of STEPS. You earn more STEPS every time you level up. STEPS signify how far you can go in one turn. If you approach an enemy before you run out of STEPS, you use your attack, defense, enchantment, or reinforcement. If you cant approach an enemy, you are allowed to have a ranged attack chance. You roll dice 1-10 if its over 5 you can attack from a range, if lower, you complete your turn. You may also buy bonus STEPS only at the crowns shop in player packs so, use your STEPS wisely! The countdown is 50 seconds. Caution!: Enemies may be allowed to have unfair advantages!!!
3:Allies and Pets: First of all, just like in Pirate101, you cannot control your pet, but for your allies, you can control them but they are slightly different. For allies, there are no STEPS and no dice roll. All you must do is complete a "Chance Bar". A Chance Bar is a long bar with green on the far ends on the left and right and slowly enhance into a red color in the very middle. An arrow quickly moves left and right in the bar and you must stop it in the red part to be able to attack WITH a bonus. If you land in the space close to the red, you can do a normal attack, but if you land on green, they cannot attack for that round. Tip: Whatever warrior class their in like Wanderer, they can only do that type of ability, meaning ,,, or.
4:Knowing your Warrior: Each Warrior type has their certain abilities of ,,, and. Here is how i think they would go together:
Knight: A Knight is surely a tough, willful, and strong type a warrior. In percents, a Knight would be 77% 2% 8% 13%
Wanderer: A Wanderer is truely a seemingly unpredictable, swift, and intellegent little fellow. In percent a Wanderer would equal 77% 2% 8% 13%
Spy: A Spy seems to have an even more swift factor than a Wanderer, a Spy is a sneaky, respectful, loyal, yet barbarrack warrior. 77% 2% 8% 13%
Brigand: A Brigand is a perfect example of a roughhouse stranger. 77% 2% 8% 13%
Samurai: A Perfect example of a loyal servent, respectly, memorable warrior. 74% 4%
7% 15%
Adventurer:A perfect example of a leader of a group. 74% 4% 7% 15%

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
idk if i missed something but it doesnt look like any of those classes are made for support or healing. how about alchemist?
Actually marolin23, i think Adenturers would make a good fit for healers and leaders pretty much. Think about it and you'll get it..

Captain
May 02, 2009
Adventurers were meant to be healers, but I didn't go deep into detail and I could've made Adventurers sound more like the healing class.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2011
coolster50 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Since we went from wizards to pirates I thought "Hey, why not warriors?". In Warrior100 your Ambrose is General Audrey Ace, your Wizard City would be Fort Ridley(pronunced rid-lee), your Malistare is Grand General Zachary Zillion. As a warrior you could be Knight, Wanderer, Spy, Brigand, Samurai, and Adventurer. You could also be one in 5 races: Human, Goat/Lam, Cow/Bull, Fairy/Faerie, or Undead Being.
Knight: Warriors whose only true goal is to raise their own fame. A knight's favorite skill is Final Strike which increases a Knight's will to fight.
Wanderer:Warriors who are only interested in how much money they make at the end of the day. a Wanderers most basic skill is how to make enemies distracted.
Spy:Agile warriors who inflitrated enemey bases only to gain knowledge on their enemies. A spy's greatest move allows them to disappear when surrounded by a group of foes and attacks them all at once.
Brigand:Warriors who fight to fight. When a Brigand has enough exasperation, he/she has the ablilty to drop all enemies in a 2 unit range.
Samurai:Warriors who fight for peace. As a Samurai, you have the power to potentally subdue the enemy or even have the enemy change sides for x amount of turns.
Adventurer:Warriors who fight to create maps and charts. As an adventurer you have more health than usual and can easily escape a tough situation.
-You meat General Ace after you atempt to escape from a mission gone wrong (issued to you from Grand General Zillion) and he teaches you the values of fighting on the good side. You then travel from Fort Ridley to Battlegrounds of Uphill, to the Unspeakable Gorge, to Dead Man's Valley finally making it to For Zillion. To travel between worlds you use a magicless spiral key (so you have to walk between the worlds in a safe tube) The plot for Warrior101 is to hunt down Grand General Zillion and make him pay for assigning you to a dangerous task force.

-I know KingsIsle may tweak the storyline a bit and maybe change some of the classes and races and I know you guys may have some changes of your own.
coolster50, I like your idea. Although, I would have to agree that spy would be ninja. I was thinking that instead of walking through the tube, you use one of those cool transport tubes. Do you know what I mean? I mean those tubes where you're sucked to where the tube leads. And instead of magicless Spiral Keys, I thought you could use special clearance passes to other worlds. That's all I have to say.

Cautious Joseph, level 9 Privateer. Joseph Boomfountain, level 36 Pyromancer.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
Greatest idea Coolster! Just like i did with the battle rules, i have a good main idea for the different worlds ands how the transportation works.
OK first of all, i have the 5 worlds in the wa101 spiral: Grutzelhaven, or Grizzleheim, ( pronounce it, its easy ) Grutzelhaven will be the world you begin in when your discovered in a cold cave with many injuries.
After you reach level 10 you will unlock VanGuard Hollow ( Marleybone ) world quest.
At level 18, you will unlock Tigerclaw ( Krokatopia )
then, a little later at level 29, you continue your journey to Mooscorine, or MooShu ( MOO sco Oh rYnE )
Level 40, you arrive at the evil eye of it all... The Zillion Empire ( Dragonspyre ) where Zillion is held waiting for your arrival to your doom...
Transportaion: You first of all travel by flying animals like griffins, gigantic hawks, sky dolphins, sharks, and sky angler fish. Further other sky animals are only available in the Crowns Shop. You unlock new worlds by getting magical keys earned in quests. there will be at least one or two big floating doors in each world leading to another. When unlocked, you are sucked in by a black hole and get spit back out into the other world...
Any tweaks, questions, or additions to this please reply.. Thanks!

Humble Travis Percy level 16

Captain
May 02, 2009
skippy24792 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Greatest idea Coolster! Just like i did with the battle rules, i have a good main idea for the different worlds ands how the transportation works.
OK first of all, i have the 5 worlds in the wa101 spiral: Grutzelhaven, or Grizzleheim, ( pronounce it, its easy ) Grutzelhaven will be the world you begin in when your discovered in a cold cave with many injuries.
After you reach level 10 you will unlock VanGuard Hollow ( Marleybone ) world quest.
At level 18, you will unlock Tigerclaw ( Krokatopia )
then, a little later at level 29, you continue your journey to Mooscorine, or MooShu ( MOO sco Oh rYnE )
Level 40, you arrive at the evil eye of it all... The Zillion Empire ( Dragonspyre ) where Zillion is held waiting for your arrival to your doom...
Transportaion: You first of all travel by flying animals like griffins, gigantic hawks, sky dolphins, sharks, and sky angler fish. Further other sky animals are only available in the Crowns Shop. You unlock new worlds by getting magical keys earned in quests. there will be at least one or two big floating doors in each world leading to another. When unlocked, you are sucked in by a black hole and get spit back out into the other world...
Any tweaks, questions, or additions to this please reply.. Thanks!

Humble Travis Percy level 16
My only issue with this is unlocking a world by level instead of quest. For instance, in Pirate101, all my players entered Monquista at level 12, but my brother will enter Monquista at level 13 or 14. But the rest is nice, btw are the worlds in parenthesis suppose to give the reader an idea on how the world will be like? Like, is VanGuard Hollow suppose to be somewhat similar to Marleybone?

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
In Warrior101, I could see it something similar to Free Realms. The world is something like a miss-match of world colonies and you travel there by foot (yes, you'd have mounts). Kinda change it from going from world to world like in Wizard101 and Pirate101. A lot of designs from the original worlds could be used, (an Egytian themed desert like Krokotopia, a metropoliton town like Wizard City, archipelago like Skull Island, cold forests like Grizzlehiem etc.)

In Wizard101, the spell card you used could only be used that one time unless you had multiple copies or a Reshuffle spell. In Pirate101, a Power could only be used once per battle and no more. The powers/skills in Warrior101 could be reused. You'd only have the one power, and it can only be used once a round before it needs to be recharged like the ship powers in Pirate101.

No one seems to have brought up how pets could be of aid in this game. Would they give spells like those in Wizard101 or do attacks like Pirate101?

Anyway I this is a good way to set the geography and how other things in battle could work.
Mounts could be class based for some.

Knight: Armored Horse/Pony
Wanderer: Hawk
Spy: Giant Mouse thing (You know, quiet as a mouse)
Brigand: Wolf (works in packs)
Samurai: Thunder Kirin
Adventurer: The Big Cat Mounts

Also if mounts where to be class based, have them fight with you. Or at least some mounted battles. Pets could be classed based too, but I won't name the billions of them. And you could have them attack with you, for example a wolf pet would attack to protect, but another pet (I dunno which one) could give a spell/attack. More diversity, you know?

Ensign
Jul 23, 2010
coolster50 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
My only issue with this is unlocking a world by level instead of quest. For instance, in Pirate101, all my players entered Monquista at level 12, but my brother will enter Monquista at level 13 or 14. But the rest is nice, btw are the worlds in parenthesis suppose to give the reader an idea on how the world will be like? Like, is VanGuard Hollow suppose to be somewhat similar to Marleybone?
ya, because you know the worlds in p101 are similar to w101? I tried to make warrior101 similar to w101 too. VanGuard Hollow is supposed to be like Marleybone in 3 ways...
1, It is a similar city themed world with cement sidewalks with a bunch of Zillion diciples roaming and hunting down our warrior resistance.
2, Few quests from w101 are there like Penny Dreadful, Sherlock Bones, and Hyde Park quests.
3, Unlike Marleybone balloons travel, we can drive our ships to seperate islands..
Any more questions are greatfully welcomed... Thank you.

Humble Travis Percy level 19

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Buccaneer Jackson on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
This seems like a very interesting idea. However, i'm not completely sure about picking your character's race . Both Pirate101 and Wizard101 had you play has a human, so shouldn't they just keep it that way? All in all, this would make it really interesting and maybe have it still set in the spiral, and maybe starting world is the world of Avalon or a world like Avalon (Avalon's from Wizard101 for those who don't know). Just some add on ideas to this idea.
Yeah, thats what i was thinking.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Here are my tips on your game.
1. Yes add alchemist cause you left out a magical fighter. they can use potions to increase their own and their allies attacks(maybe heal)
2. you came with the idea a little to wrong timing because unless there a cool warrior movie or something that becomes a big hit, no one would want to try and invent that game since W101 and P101 came from movie ideas that are big hits
3.Increase level cap to 60
4.Change the backstory to the hero losing their family by death or kidnap. during a war you were force to flee from your homeworld and move to another place but that war drag into that place, and your founded by the germinal's forces and he takes you in to fight. you have to fight your way pass the battle field to where the troops are hiding out for now and later after a few levels you help make the enemy retreat and you are taken to the base for future plans.
5. The goal is to help win the great war and becoming the most powerful warrior in the spiral so your name will go down in history
6. let the hero remain humans, and turn the battlefield idea into a game of chess combine with dungeons and dragons

Black Rose Level50 Musketeer

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
Best idea ever!Plz KI make this a game

Jacob Underwood lvl50

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Clever Kestrel on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
Mounts could be class based for some.

Knight: Armored Horse/Pony
Wanderer: Hawk
Spy: Giant Mouse thing (You know, quiet as a mouse)
Brigand: Wolf (works in packs)
Samurai: Thunder Kirin
Adventurer: The Big Cat Mounts

Also if mounts where to be class based, have them fight with you. Or at least some mounted battles. Pets could be classed based too, but I won't name the billions of them. And you could have them attack with you, for example a wolf pet would attack to protect, but another pet (I dunno which one) could give a spell/attack. More diversity, you know?
That sounds interesting but I not really partial to the idea of school-based mounts and pets. I'm not knocking the idea down or any thing like that, it's just not something I lean toward. It feels like this idea says that school only gets that but a guy likes that schools thing and now everyone is upset that they can't get this.

I think everyone should have a chance at getting a mount. Or did I miss the mark and you mean Mounts and Pets of a faction design but everyone is open to it?

Also I think you might want to rethink a few of you're mount ideas. They seem very similar to many previous used mounts. I know P101 and W101 already share a few (well most) of they're mounts but what about in this game things just kinda break away from the Spiral thoughts and go beyond that (I think Kingsisle has plans for that down the line once both games stories are finished or nearly finished).

By the way, where did you get the whole mount idea from? I was only trying to describe what the areas could be like instead of multiple broken up island worlds it's all one big world with areas representing different themes.

I think the whole pet and mounts coming to aid you is a good idea but would you control them or are they simply mindless allies?

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
AMAZING IDEA! I think there should be a faction that heals (maybe Mage) or have adventurer heal. Also to get around to places there should be something called unoccupied territory, which would be like a combat area except no enemies and your speed would get boosted).
-Brave Samantha Nightingale/ Samantha Stormsword (fire wizard)

Bosun
May 06, 2009
natenkate on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
It is an interesting idea and I can see you put some though into it, but I would have to disagree with the plot. You go through 5 areas/worlds, likely battling hundreds, even thousands, of foes. Dying multiple times while doing many hazardous quests, just to punish a man for asking you to do something...dangerous. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Like cutting off the hand because the finger itches.
You could be right on that. But I think this is more of a vengeance and betrayal time story. I mean say this guy sent you out on a mission to do X and ends up almost costing you your life plus as an added twist the guy completely backstaps you, maybe whipes out everything you hold dear, and makes off with the loot of said mission. Would you not want revenge?

Or instead the story lin could be the return of a dark general who has come to sieze the land and it's your job to stop it. I know I'm not going in depth. These are just possibilities.

Anyway what if our hero was a cross between Wizards and Pirates. While, yes, we are still courageous, what if we weren't completely good like Wizards, who wouldn't steal a thing, but weren't as bad as Pirates, who would jump at the idea of blowing multiple ships straight out of the sky? What if, we were someone who follows orders and rules and acts for the good of things and is willing to get a little...dark if necessary but if the time comes to literal execute someone, our player would Improvise to find a different solution. Like if we were ordered to take the life of the villian's right hand man, instead of killing him, we knock him out long enough to where he is no longer of any use. You know what I mean? Not all good but not all bad. I really hope I didn't just re-describe Pirates lol.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Awesome Idea!!
Coolster, I have some ideas for starting weapons
Knight: Longsword
Wanderer: Two shortswords
Brigand: gun and sword
Ninja: Ninja stars
Adventurer: Wooden staff
I hope you can add on to this and make some tweaks to the weapons Thanks!
Bristly Kevin Chamberlain

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
That sounds interesting but I not really partial to the idea of school-based mounts and pets. I'm not knocking the idea down or any thing like that, it's just not something I lean toward. It feels like this idea says that school only gets that but a guy likes that schools thing and now everyone is upset that they can't get this.

I think everyone should have a chance at getting a mount. Or did I miss the mark and you mean Mounts and Pets of a faction design but everyone is open to it?

Also I think you might want to rethink a few of you're mount ideas. They seem very similar to many previous used mounts. I know P101 and W101 already share a few (well most) of they're mounts but what about in this game things just kinda break away from the Spiral thoughts and go beyond that (I think Kingsisle has plans for that down the line once both games stories are finished or nearly finished).

By the way, where did you get the whole mount idea from? I was only trying to describe what the areas could be like instead of multiple broken up island worlds it's all one big world with areas representing different themes.

I think the whole pet and mounts coming to aid you is a good idea but would you control them or are they simply mindless allies?
I thought like in p101 with companions, some would be class based, some for all. And I think you should be able to controlling and pets would be like allies in p101. and yes, I know I reused some noun firms, but there would be much more then just those. and the mount idea? I dunno, just like mounts and such, but they didn't seem useful in w101 and p101.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Warrior101 Update:
  • Changed Brigand to Mercenary
  • Changed Spy to Ninja
  • Changed Classes to Factions
  • Added sixth race Dragon/Dragonness
  • Starter Weapons:Knight=Broadsword, Wanderer=Duel Shortswords, Mercenary=Sword+Gun Combo, Ninja=Katana+Knife combo with a throwing star/knife specialty, Adventurer=Medic Staff/Whip, Samurai=Longsword+Shortsword combo
  • Added Worlds: Arria/Fort Ridley, Darcta/Battle Grounds of Uphill, GrutzelHaven/Unspeakable Gorge, Darkmoor/Dead Man's Valley (on a diiferent side of Darkmoor), Zeenth/Campgrounds/Fort Zillion
  • Added Soliders (they're like companions only you don't get a TON of them)
  • Some pet names: Azul Quetzal, Rojo Mole, Desert Lizard
  • Some mount names: Krokolizard, Flying Lizard Wings, Marleybone Automobile
  • Mounts and Pets have a 50/50 chance each of coming into battle with you.
  • Knights are like Ice/Buccaneer (have a lot of and armor), Wanderers are like Myth/Witchdoctor (can call allies), Mercenaries are like Fire/Swashbuckler (damage over time), Ninjas are like Storm/Swashbuckler (low , high damage), Adventuers are like Life and Death/Privateers and Witchdoctors (steal and heal), Samurais are like Balance (has similarites with all Factions)

Captain
May 02, 2009
Warrior101 Mounts: The rules that all mounts follow!
  • Mounts have a 50/50 chance of entering combat
  • If a mount enters combat, the player who owns the mount rides it in battle
  • Mounts allow players to move +1 extra space
  • All mounts come with a skill called Mount Charge which allows the mount to attack a selected target(s)
  • All players of any race or faction can ride a mount
  • Mounts give 15% (day), 20% (week), or 40% (permanent) speed boosts outside combat
  • Mounts (just like pets) can roam houses and shelters (shelters are your starter houses)

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
coolster50 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Warrior101 Update:
  • Changed Brigand to Mercenary
  • Changed Spy to Ninja
  • Changed Classes to Factions
  • Added sixth race Dragon/Dragonness
  • Starter Weapons:Knight=Broadsword, Wanderer=Duel Shortswords, Mercenary=Sword+Gun Combo, Ninja=Katana+Knife combo with a throwing star/knife specialty, Adventurer=Medic Staff/Whip, Samurai=Longsword+Shortsword combo
  • Added Worlds: Arria/Fort Ridley, Darcta/Battle Grounds of Uphill, GrutzelHaven/Unspeakable Gorge, Darkmoor/Dead Man's Valley (on a diiferent side of Darkmoor), Zeenth/Campgrounds/Fort Zillion
  • Added Soliders (they're like companions only you don't get a TON of them)
  • Some pet names: Azul Quetzal, Rojo Mole, Desert Lizard
  • Some mount names: Krokolizard, Flying Lizard Wings, Marleybone Automobile
  • Mounts and Pets have a 50/50 chance each of coming into battle with you.
  • Knights are like Ice/Buccaneer (have a lot of and armor), Wanderers are like Myth/Witchdoctor (can call allies), Mercenaries are like Fire/Swashbuckler (damage over time), Ninjas are like Storm/Swashbuckler (low , high damage), Adventuers are like Life and Death/Privateers and Witchdoctors (steal and heal), Samurais are like Balance (has similarites with all Factions)
Perfect!!

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
coolster50 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Warrior101 Mounts: The rules that all mounts follow!
  • Mounts have a 50/50 chance of entering combat
  • If a mount enters combat, the player who owns the mount rides it in battle
  • Mounts allow players to move +1 extra space
  • All mounts come with a skill called Mount Charge which allows the mount to attack a selected target(s)
  • All players of any race or faction can ride a mount
  • Mounts give 15% (day), 20% (week), or 40% (permanent) speed boosts outside combat
  • Mounts (just like pets) can roam houses and shelters (shelters are your starter houses)
You should have certain mount and pet vendors around the worlds. Just a thought.
Bristly Kevin