Wizard to Pirate but how about Warrior?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
ladyFelix on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
YOu guys might hate me for saying this but....
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS REAL!!!
I have many problems with this game...

1.
As you know Wizard 101 was a big hit but I never fell in love with it. Do you want to know why? Because 'wizard' is a general class. I like playing games with variety of classes. In wiz I only got to play a WIZARD. I found it ridiculously boring.. but that's just me.
Warrior is a general class.
When I saw the name I thought.
So we will carry around hammers and swords? Just like in wiz we could only use magic? OK so I can only be a warrior and nothing else? Why don't I just head down to the park, carry a foam sword, and bash people over the head with it (which you should never do.. I know by experience)
2.
The warrior thing is a little over used like the wizard thing was when it came out back when I was a wee one.
Wiz came out during the time that harry potter was something amazing and I just figured that I could watch the whole series over again and gain the same effect.
The warrior thing is a tad overused because there is a lot of medieval movies coming out, AKA jack the giant slayer, the hobbit, etc.

In conclusion,
I am not bashing the idea I just think that you should focus on improving the bugs in pirate 101 and finish pirate 101 before you start other projects.
Hey those movies are HAMazing

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
4
great idea long before you thought of this i thought about it too in 2012! i said what other games might they make
and i thought of ninja101!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
4
Ensign
Jul 28, 2010
3
i think the combat system should work like this. there is no getting pulled into a battle you just pull out your axe, sword, dagger e.t.c. and start attacking the enemy. and there is no limit to how many monsters will come after you and how many friends can help you fight. so yeah friends would be ideal for this game.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
160
Honestly, if people want a warrior game so bad, KI should just add Avalon to P101. This game feels like warrior101 in Aquila, and a warrior world like Avalon would be a great way to add more of a warrior feel. Another reason I don't really like this idea is because the fighting theme sounds to related to this game's fighting theme. A sword and shield, bow and arrow/gun game is exactly what this is game is, and it adds more of a variety with the pirate ship stuff. I give you an A for effort, but this game doesn't seem to have a future.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2012
15
ahoy

i was thinking just something like that onli unstead of warrior101 it could be ninja101 and the ninjas could be like
fire ninja
ice ninja
earth ninja
storm ninja
what do ye think about that eh

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
41
I have a great idea for the combat system

  • There are turns in this
  • There is mana for special powers Like (Final Strike for knight) (Charged attack for Berserker) and etc
Ok thats all I can think

Chase Hoodoo Legend

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
I think that the combat system should be real-time, like Lego Universe was where you don't have to engage into combat or anything, you can just walk up and press "alt" to attack with a damage combo where it is 1+1+2 then cool down for a second or two. I don't think it should be turn based, but you should still have powers and they could be arranged like they are in Pirate101. I even made a logo for Warrior101 (this was a long time ago I made it)
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35846&d=1371935390

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I think that the combat system should be real-time, like Lego Universe was where you don't have to engage into combat or anything, you can just walk up and press "alt" to attack with a damage combo where it is 1+1+2 then cool down for a second or two. I don't think it should be turn based, but you should still have powers and they could be arranged like they are in Pirate101. I even made a logo for Warrior101 (this was a long time ago I made it)
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35846&d=1371935390
(I loved Lego Universe, hated it when it shut down 2 years ago) Anyway, so your saying something like a combat system where anyone can just run up and attack a person? Hmm... I can see how that would work. But it'd have to be fair to the enemy too, you know. If someone can help a player, then an enemy can help an enemy. Also, love the logo

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
41
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I think that the combat system should be real-time, like Lego Universe was where you don't have to engage into combat or anything, you can just walk up and press "alt" to attack with a damage combo where it is 1+1+2 then cool down for a second or two. I don't think it should be turn based, but you should still have powers and they could be arranged like they are in Pirate101. I even made a logo for Warrior101 (this was a long time ago I made it)
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35846&d=1371935390
I like the combat idea but the backround in the logo makes me feel sick

Chase

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
106
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Great job! You must of really thought this out.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I think that the combat system should be real-time, like Lego Universe was where you don't have to engage into combat or anything, you can just walk up and press "alt" to attack with a damage combo where it is 1+1+2 then cool down for a second or two. I don't think it should be turn based, but you should still have powers and they could be arranged like they are in Pirate101. I even made a logo for Warrior101 (this was a long time ago I made it)
pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35846&d=1371935390
I think if KI were to make this they would keep it turn based

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
51
Ensign
Feb 13, 2010
6
coolster50 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Since we went from wizards to pirates I thought "Hey, why not warriors?". In Warrior100 your Ambrose is General Audrey Ace, your Wizard City would be Fort Ridley(pronunced rid-lee), your Malistare is Grand General Zachary Zillion. As a warrior you could be Knight, Wanderer, Spy, Brigand, Samurai, and Adventurer. You could also be one in 5 races: Human, Goat/Lam, Cow/Bull, Fairy/Faerie, or Undead Being.
Knight: Warriors whose only true goal is to raise their own fame. A knight's favorite skill is Final Strike which increases a Knight's will to fight.
Wanderer:Warriors who are only interested in how much money they make at the end of the day. a Wanderers most basic skill is how to make enemies distracted.
Spy:Agile warriors who inflitrated enemey bases only to gain knowledge on their enemies. A spy's greatest move allows them to disappear when surrounded by a group of foes and attacks them all at once.
Brigand:Warriors who fight to fight. When a Brigand has enough exasperation, he/she has the ablilty to drop all enemies in a 2 unit range.
Samurai:Warriors who fight for peace. As a Samurai, you have the power to potentally subdue the enemy or even have the enemy change sides for x amount of turns.
Adventurer:Warriors who fight to create maps and charts. As an adventurer you have more health than usual and can easily escape a tough situation.
-You meat General Ace after you atempt to escape from a mission gone wrong (issued to you from Grand General Zillion) and he teaches you the values of fighting on the good side. You then travel from Fort Ridley to Battlegrounds of Uphill, to the Unspeakable Gorge, to Dead Man's Valley finally making it to For Zillion. To travel between worlds you use a magicless spiral key (so you have to walk between the worlds in a safe tube) The plot for Warrior101 is to hunt down Grand General Zillion and make him pay for assigning you to a dangerous task force.

-I know KingsIsle may tweak the storyline a bit and maybe change some of the classes and races and I know you guys may have some changes of your own.
Dude I don't know who you are but your idea is amazing I really think they should make warrior101 if kingsisle gets into your idea that would be epic but I sort of think that for races we could be mythical creatures like dragons or something. My Idea with the mythical creatures thing I don't really care if you add but you sir are a genius for this idea.I also think that it would be a little to much work for kingsisle to controll 3 games is going to be hard that's why I think that they should make wizard101 end.Wizard101 had a really good run for a while but it's time to really make it 100 as the last level for it then boom it's over for wizard101.now as they have ended wizard101 for good that really start programming warrior101.so now it's less work for them If they consider your idea because they are still only gonna have to program 2 games instead of three

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
54
seems like world of warcraft to me

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
22
Well It's a great idea, but a samurai was never known for being able to change the side of an enemy for an amount of time. They were the swashbucklers of their time. They went into battle with a katana and a wazikashi and occassionally a spear. But never did they bring back any reformed people. You might want to try a monk there. Monks are the ones that were known for their ability to make people change sides.

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
Zilconis on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Well It's a great idea, but a samurai was never known for being able to change the side of an enemy for an amount of time. They were the swashbucklers of their time. They went into battle with a katana and a wazikashi and occassionally a spear. But never did they bring back any reformed people. You might want to try a monk there. Monks are the ones that were known for their ability to make people change sides.
Yeah, I can see what your saying, but monks don't really seem like warriors to me. You are right, however.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
22
coolster50 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I can see what your saying, but monks don't really seem like warriors to me. You are right, however.
They don't do they? Tell that to the warrior monks that existed around that time. Take the witch doctors, they specialize more in the area of adding negative buffs to enemies. So why not have the monks add bonus positive buffs on allies? One ability could be prayer. This would increase the chastity of a fellow player ( reduces effects of curses). Another could be chant. Increases attack damage of all team mates by 15% for 3 rounds. I can think about a whole bunch of uses a monk could have on a battle field. Have their weapon be a staff. If the KingIsle department considers making this I could provide a list of passive abilities that they could base their characters on. How ever I need to know that they are serious in their consideration so as that I can know my suggestions won't go to waste.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
35
I want to be a knight. That is all.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
35
Actually, I can imagine the commercial for it now. Ahhh...yes this is an amazing game indeed... lol

Ensign
May 21, 2012
20
Ensign
Nov 18, 2011
22
Best Idea Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo Ho Ho

Wicked Antonio Everhart

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
41
I like this idea. It's really cool. Judging by the comments it seems the games pretty much mad. (Lol!! ) Now you just have to hope the creators of Wizard101 and Pirate101 see this. Who knows! Maybe because you came up with the ideas you might actually help them design it in person. Me and my sister would definitely play this! -The Heart of Lacey ()

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
You know, I've been thinking about changing some of the Factions. I mean, I want a total of 6 Factions so that everyone can use up all 6 Character Slots without having to make a new account for the other Faction. Currently I have: Knight, Mercenary (Formerly Brigand), Ninja (Formerly Spy), Wanderer, Samurai, and Adventurer. I'd like to add and/or change some of these Factions because I thought about adding an Alchemist and [Warrior] Monk Faction. What do you guys think? Or maybe I could make them a Sub-Faction (Like Wizard101's Astral Schools), if I can think of one more Faction...

Bloody Felix Lawson
Aquila Legend

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
2
coolster50 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Since we went from wizards to pirates I thought "Hey, why not warriors?". In Warrior100 your Ambrose is General Audrey Ace, your Wizard City would be Fort Ridley(pronunced rid-lee), your Malistare is Grand General Zachary Zillion. As a warrior you could be Knight, Wanderer, Spy, Brigand, Samurai, and Adventurer. You could also be one in 5 races: Human, Goat/Lam, Cow/Bull, Fairy/Faerie, or Undead Being.
Knight: Warriors whose only true goal is to raise their own fame. A knight's favorite skill is Final Strike which increases a Knight's will to fight.
Wanderer:Warriors who are only interested in how much money they make at the end of the day. a Wanderers most basic skill is how to make enemies distracted.
Spy:Agile warriors who inflitrated enemey bases only to gain knowledge on their enemies. A spy's greatest move allows them to disappear when surrounded by a group of foes and attacks them all at once.
Brigand:Warriors who fight to fight. When a Brigand has enough exasperation, he/she has the ablilty to drop all enemies in a 2 unit range.
Samurai:Warriors who fight for peace. As a Samurai, you have the power to potentally subdue the enemy or even have the enemy change sides for x amount of turns.
Adventurer:Warriors who fight to create maps and charts. As an adventurer you have more health than usual and can easily escape a tough situation.
-You meat General Ace after you atempt to escape from a mission gone wrong (issued to you from Grand General Zillion) and he teaches you the values of fighting on the good side. You then travel from Fort Ridley to Battlegrounds of Uphill, to the Unspeakable Gorge, to Dead Man's Valley finally making it to For Zillion. To travel between worlds you use a magicless spiral key (so you have to walk between the worlds in a safe tube) The plot for Warrior101 is to hunt down Grand General Zillion and make him pay for assigning you to a dangerous task force.

-I know KingsIsle may tweak the storyline a bit and maybe change some of the classes and races and I know you guys may have some changes of your own.
Love the idea, but, what about a tank like class? Ice school for W101, and Buccaner for P101, and from some of the comments I read, it sounds like adventure would not be a tank class, I am just throwing an idea out there,

Barbarian: Deals little damage, but can take damage really well.
School Teacher: A bear from Girzzlehiem
Why they fight: They fight for the honor in fighting, as it is their ways.

again, I am just throwing the idea out there :D