Witchdoctors

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
2
I tried out every class and like every one of them, with my main being my Musketeer and my first being my Witchdoctor. There's a move that makes like it's casting a spell but always fizzles. How do I solve this problem? Is it an accuracy thing?

James Sheffield Lvl 7
Brian Evans Lvl 10

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Tay Kyles on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I tried out every class and like every one of them, with my main being my Musketeer and my first being my Witchdoctor. There's a move that makes like it's casting a spell but always fizzles. How do I solve this problem? Is it an accuracy thing?

James Sheffield Lvl 7
Brian Evans Lvl 10
Welcome to the message boards Tay Kyles. or James & Brian. What is the name of the move you are referring to? Without knowing the name I can only guess here but if it is a witchdoctor move than having your will as high as possible will help you (no pun intended ) Or it could be one of those moves that is designed to have a certain chance of fizzling and nothing will change it. Hopefully we can help better if we know which one it is.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Tay Kyles on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I tried out every class and like every one of them, with my main being my Musketeer and my first being my Witchdoctor. There's a move that makes like it's casting a spell but always fizzles. How do I solve this problem? Is it an accuracy thing?

James Sheffield Lvl 7
Brian Evans Lvl 10
Welcome, welcome Tay Kyles- pleasure to have you join us. Just wanted to say hello and welcome. For I see your question has already drawn the attention of the wonderful advice and tip giving Chrissy- so you are in good hands no doubt.

Smooth Sailing fellow pirate!

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Tay Kyles on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I tried out every class and like every one of them, with my main being my Musketeer and my first being my Witchdoctor. There's a move that makes like it's casting a spell but always fizzles. How do I solve this problem? Is it an accuracy thing?

James Sheffield Lvl 7
Brian Evans Lvl 10
Welcome tay if your using a staff sometimes you will fizzle it replaces dodge and block for the enemy your attacking
Feel free to ask more
Lvl 29 witchdoctors honestdarius oswald
Orthiontoliogist
Noble Rodriguez Laverne lvl 8
Blue reaver

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
My will is almost 100 and I still fizzle. It's an accuracy statistic which plays on how many enemies you are trying to hit at one time. If you are going to hit one enemy the chance of fizzle is less then if you try to hit three. I am a privateer who uses a staff.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
if you're level 55 or higher, I recommend using the gorgon staff. It does attacks like a buccaneer weapon but does magic attacks instead of physical attacks. Also it almost always triggers the level 52+ mojo echo power.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
My will is almost 100 and I still fizzle. It's an accuracy statistic which plays on how many enemies you are trying to hit at one time. If you are going to hit one enemy the chance of fizzle is less then if you try to hit three. I am a privateer who uses a staff.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Please read the thread linked here. Ratbeard states that a witchdoctors area of effect hits are hit or miss determined by chance, not by what the stats are in your targets.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
2
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Tay Kyles. or James & Brian. What is the name of the move you are referring to? Without knowing the name I can only guess here but if it is a witchdoctor move than having your will as high as possible will help you (no pun intended ) Or it could be one of those moves that is designed to have a certain chance of fizzling and nothing will change it. Hopefully we can help better if we know which one it is.
Thank you
anyways, I don't know the name. I try and use a regular attack (No spell) and it acts like it's casting a spell, then fizzles. It's kind of weird

James Sheffield Lvl 8
Brian Evans Lvl 10

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Tay Kyles on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Thank you
anyways, I don't know the name. I try and use a regular attack (No spell) and it acts like it's casting a spell, then fizzles. It's kind of weird

James Sheffield Lvl 8
Brian Evans Lvl 10
Yes it is not a casting spell as you should know being a musketeers sometimes your attacks are dodged or blocked
Fizzle replaces this dodge or block they just made it look like a casting spell

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Tay Kyles on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Thank you
anyways, I don't know the name. I try and use a regular attack (No spell) and it acts like it's casting a spell, then fizzles. It's kind of weird

James Sheffield Lvl 8
Brian Evans Lvl 10
Oh I think you are talking about just a hit from your wand or staff. Yes those do have a high fizzle rate but boosting your will can help with that but that is what makes the card hits so special, no fizzling involved. There will be times when those will work, especially once you start being able to use Mojo Echo. Those echos are all hits from your wand or staff.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes it is not a casting spell as you should know being a musketeers sometimes your attacks are dodged or blocked
Fizzle replaces this dodge or block they just made it look like a casting spell
Well put.
Although I must admit I have inherited a huge prejudice to fizzles thanks to the wizard side of the spiral. I just know that a block is easier to handle mentally, they were just quicker or stronger than I thought but a fizzle feels way too much like a fail on my part, so my storm wizard's house has an "I Hate Fizzles" sign for very good reason.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Well put.
Although I must admit I have inherited a huge prejudice to fizzles thanks to the wizard side of the spiral. I just know that a block is easier to handle mentally, they were just quicker or stronger than I thought but a fizzle feels way too much like a fail on my part, so my storm wizard's house has an "I Hate Fizzles" sign for very good reason.
I know especially when old scratch does kt when trying to take out multiple targets and he fails really makesthat battle harder

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Oh I think you are talking about just a hit from your wand or staff. Yes those do have a high fizzle rate but boosting your will can help with that but that is what makes the card hits so special, no fizzling involved. There will be times when those will work, especially once you start being able to use Mojo Echo. Those echos are all hits from your wand or staff.
I was talking about just a hit for my wand attack too. I believe you said to me will doesn't help that but here you say it does. Did I misunderstand?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
I was talking about just a hit for my wand attack too. I believe you said to me will doesn't help that but here you say it does. Did I misunderstand?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
What statement are you referring to? I mentioned that a higher will does help witchdoctor hits with the exception of a hit that is designed to have a low accuracy, and I guess that is where the confusion may be coming from. I do not think there is a witchdoctor move that has an accuracy limit. I was thinking of a move like the Burst Fire for musketeers. It has a 35% chance of triggering and nothing you do will increase those chances. I prob shouldn't have brought it up since it is not a witchdoctor issue. I was just trying to be more broad in my examples and as a result I confused you. My sincere apologies.