Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Hey guys do you think i should stay as a swashbuckler or should i change to privateer?

Ensign
May 09, 2011
I'll have to go with you guys. Before i got nurse quinn and the crab hermit, well, there was never an honest word,that was when i ruled the world...

Agreeable Max Alcott, level 22 .

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
cookiesolivia on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
1. Subodai: So sorry! I know you were my starting companion, but you kinda suck as of right now. From reading everyone's posts you get better when you upgrade, but that depends when I will actually start giving you my precious training tomes. I don't have much to complain about you, you block well, you hit with an OK amount of power, you don't miss much, but when I have companions like Ratbeard and Sarah Steele, I am SO not leveling up you. Sorry?

2. Old Scratch: At first I was like, yay, he hits multiple targets and he can make another skeleton, yay, you rock! Then I realized his companion is at least 4 levels lower then Old Scratch, and my Orchid Chameleon puts better dents on my enemies. However, considering what other people said, your skeleton is going to be the same level and better health and damage then you, I'm not complaining to much.

Ratbeard, Sarah and Bonnie make up for it though. I would rather have Bonnie out in the field shooting long distance then Old Scratch.
Old Scratch gets a lot better once upgraded and Subodai is always a good ally.

Ensign
Sep 14, 2011
i'm a level 15 musketeer and honestly Wing Chun is the worst. even though his dodge and accuracy are high his damage is extremely low, even though he is level 10.

(in case you don't know who he is Wing Chun is the companion you break out of prison at the start of the game)

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Its a tie between my crazy Monquistan archer and Monquistan explorer(or something like that). The crazy Monquistan so far doesn't have any real epics and has quite the low damage. As for the Monquistan explorer he misses like crazy although he has a bit of a high critical rate(and his criticals are pretty good) and even when he hits he has very low damage. But i think i might slightly like my explorer less than the archer.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
My least favorite is any companion that can't be given epic talents.

Why reach endgame to get the Cat Ninja and she can't be given a single Epic talent? Or Monkey King?

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
I would have to say Louis le bisque.
HE is a tad good in battle but annoying as a sugar-rushed parrot (Why did I even make up the phrase :P)

Ensign
Dec 12, 2008
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

Why is everyone picking on gaspard? seriously he's a good person and he's not as bad as *shudder* milo graytail. I hate his critical hit music. Who thinks of the circus when they see a rat?

Ensign
May 10, 2009
I love nurse quinn, give her relentless and she's actually pretty good, my crab hermit is also really cool and almost always lands criticals, I think my least favorite companion is a toss up between tricky vinny and crazy monquistador, I like their looks but they don't have high attacks. For my buccaneer I don't like barnabus, he almost always misses and isn't that strong, and the monquistador crossbowman

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
captain cookies on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Why is everyone picking on gaspard? seriously he's a good person and he's not as bad as *shudder* milo graytail. I hate his critical hit music. Who thinks of the circus when they see a rat?
I'm reminded of France when he criticals.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
In my opinion, the worst companions (that i've seen) are the water mole spearmen. I can't wait for the bench feature they are adding (see the test realm update notes those who don't know what i'm talking about) so that Romba wont bother my .

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
Nurse Quinn, she misses and gets blocked a lot. Bonnie Ann haters mine is amazing I have promoted her twice and she does high damage and has high health.

Cunning Tanner Noble Level 39 witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Nadya, the mustang gypsy, she's just the most random companions I've ever gotten, she literally just joins your crew to make your like harder.

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
I don't see why the Gaspard and Louis le bisque hate. Louis is very useful after his first and second promotion, I will admit his voice can be very annoying. Gaspard also always criticals for me.

Nurse quinn should be the worst, her accuracy, health and epics are just ghastly. Really, why give a witch physical epics? At least Neko could block and Crab hermit's bug doesn't always work. Also I honestly can't see why important companions like Bonnie and Ratbeard are hated.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I hesitate to cast judgement since I haven't yet reached the end of the game, but right now, the two least useful are my Monquistan Crossbowman and my Water Mole Slingman. The epic abilities they come with (one has the "extra turn if enemy misses" the other has "extra hit when enemy runs away") never proc. I had them for 20 levels and have never seen either of those happen. The crossbowman promotes, so he may see increased usefulness, but the slingman, as near as I can see, does not promote. I guess he'll have to live at the bottom of my list!
When the crossbowman promotes, he doesn't really get much better. He just never does a lot of damage. He's my least favorite companion.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I hope companions can't read this they'd be so sad and mad

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
uhhh hands down for that bonnie anne is one my second line almost first she is awesome and she does 85 -115 damage and critcals alot

Ensign
Feb 06, 2009
The water mole spearman I got from Gortez is my least favorite, my second least favorite would have to be Wing Chung, because until his second promotion he is terrible, and my third least favorite WAS Louis LeBisque until I got him his second promo.
Cheers

Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
My least favorite HAS to be Old Scratch. I mean come on he is so much worse. For example, I recently achieved my third page of companions and since i'm a level fifty, i had nothing else to do except level them all to fifty. I did, and the worst of all of them is Old Scratch. He is just all kinds of bad.

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
My least favorie is definetly Nurse Quinn. For one thing, she misses a lot. For another, when she does hit, it barely does any damage! I also dislike the monquistan explorer. You might think i'm crazy when I say this but I actually like the crab hermit (mine is named sickly Ned Gray)

Ensign
Apr 11, 2010
DEFINITLY sobudie(excuse me for mispelling). He dosent get much damage and his most useful thing is only his vengance strike.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

Honestly I have Gaspard De Vole as a level 27 and he is amazing. When you get his promotion choose the epic abilties riposte and repel boarders. When they approach he gets to hit them then if they attack him he gets first strike.If they miss he gets riposte which takes more than 150 damage.I have the same abilities for Sarah Steele.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
rubyman356 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
i'm a level 15 musketeer and honestly Wing Chun is the worst. even though his dodge and accuracy are high his damage is extremely low, even though he is level 10.

(in case you don't know who he is Wing Chun is the companion you break out of prison at the start of the game)
Are you kidding?
Wing Chun is totally the best companion ever

Ensign
Aug 22, 2012
Lefty, maybe because he's 3 lvls below me, but most of my companions are 5 lvls lower and still better.
Maybe he'll get better once he gets promo.
Can any witch doctors help me out and when he promos and what Epic talent I should get for him?
Dark Justin Holystone