Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This Event Could Work

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
pirate crusher on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
actually, There is a theory Made by game theory, that can explain every single anamatronic and thing. The theory is that FNAF is A CHILDS DREAM! WHATTT!
Yes, I heard that, so unoriginal. It's been done from The Wizard of Oz to a single season of Dallas. And its the entire premise of The Nightmare on Elm Street series ( although Freddy enters dreams ). Its still sick - dream or not. The kid needs to see a psychologist.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I heard that, so unoriginal. It's been done from The Wizard of Oz to a single season of Dallas. And its the entire premise of The Nightmare on Elm Street series ( although Freddy enters dreams ). Its still sick - dream or not. The kid needs to see a psychologist.
Actually, the kid dies in a hospital so...you know. Also, MatPat made another theory, which he calls the timeline theory. I'm not willing to explain, look it up if you're curious.

The Grin Reaper

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Serpent10611 on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Well, I already said that we'd be getting Mary O'Nette as a companion after completing the event (who is, btw, not an animatronic like her counterpart) and every class receives her. It would be an interesting idea to have animatronic companions but most people may be turned away by it. It seems the p101 community us uneasy about the idea of having "artificial" companions. The only one we have right now is the nutcracker soldier and I suppose the best we could hope for are more variants of that. If animatronic companions were not gained directly and instead just became available in the crown shop after completing the event, then people might be more lenient with the idea.
You did spark something with mounts though, and I have an idea of what it could be: a gift box. This would be a large present box our pirate sits in, with the lid hanging on a hinge off the back edge. There'd be one wheel half buried underneath the box and a music box handle on the left side (the pirates left ). As we move forward or backward, the handle spins one way or the other and softly plays the "ring around the rosy" tune repeatedly until we're idle (turning in place would just be a light ding every second or so). Completely idle it would just be quiet and the handle still, but every so often, the handle cranks on its own for a few seconds with our pirate staring at it. Then a spring loaded seat would eject our pirate a short distance into the air, but we land safely back in the box. The lid closes on us but we pop back out a second later and the idle cycle continues. Another mount could be a bunch of balloons tied to our back with similar pirate animation to the clockwork wings.
Actually, the P101 community has been demanding a clockwork soldier companion for who knows how long. Blind Mew has stated that the reason we can't have one is because he'd prefer to keep the Armada as sort of, soulless. If we got a clockwork soldier, they wouldn't be very soulless anymore. If these animatronics get hacked like you're suggesting, than they wouldn't have any connection to the Armada (besides being hacked of course).
So come on. PLEEEEEASE

The Grin Reaper

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
The Grin Reaper on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Actually, the P101 community has been demanding a clockwork soldier companion for who knows how long. Blind Mew has stated that the reason we can't have one is because he'd prefer to keep the Armada as sort of, soulless. If we got a clockwork soldier, they wouldn't be very soulless anymore. If these animatronics get hacked like you're suggesting, than they wouldn't have any connection to the Armada (besides being hacked of course).
So come on. PLEEEEEASE

The Grin Reaper
I never said it was impossible, it's just a matter of whether people would be ok with it. Here's what I'm thinking the main animatronic characters would be from each world's s-tavern, no clue on names just what they are (all will have "Animatronic" or "Robot" in their "species" name):
Skull Island - Rat Captain (Swashbuckler)
Cool Ranch - Chicken Rancher (Buccaneer)
Mooshu - Cow Sage (Witchdoctor)
Marleybone - Dog Soldier (Musketeer)
Aquila - Eagle Balladist (Privateer)
After completing the event, all classes get Mary O'Nette, but the animatronic we would get along with her will correspond to the class our pirate is. These animatronics could be just reskins of what we already encounter in these worlds but they would have a robotic look to them, for the joints and whatnot, and they would have to have more segmented movements.
You can give me suggestions on names if you so desire.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Serpent10611 on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
I never said it was impossible, it's just a matter of whether people would be ok with it. Here's what I'm thinking the main animatronic characters would be from each world's s-tavern, no clue on names just what they are (all will have "Animatronic" or "Robot" in their "species" name):
After completing the event, all classes get Mary O'Nette, but the animatronic we would get along with her will correspond to the class our pirate is. These animatronics could be just reskins of what we already encounter in these worlds but they would have a robotic look to them, for the joints and whatnot, and they would have to have more segmented movements.
I'm a little apprehensive on letting a robot into my crew. Since the original conflict arose from the Armada hacking into the animatronics, who's to say they won't hack into these?

Even if you patch up they way they hacked in before, who's to say they won't find another way into the animatronics (seriously, these guys don't Phule around)

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
FireMorgan13 on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
I'm a little apprehensive on letting a robot into my crew. Since the original conflict arose from the Armada hacking into the animatronics, who's to say they won't hack into these?

Even if you patch up they way they hacked in before, who's to say they won't find another way into the animatronics (seriously, these guys don't Phule around)
This is exactly why I was iffy about adding them on the companions list. Many people are ok with having "artificial" companions but at least as many aren't. Officially what I want to do is have Mary O'Nette as a companion for all classes (who, again, is not a robot) and the main animatronic characters will only be available as companions through the crown shop. Those who want them can buy them while those who don't can keep to they're own preferences.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:

While we don't have clockwork companions ( and probably won't get one ) we do have Prince Yuletide ( Nutcracker musketeer ) whose movements mimic those of an Armada musketeer. We also have Gracie's War Golem summons. We even have mounts and pets which are golems or in the "clockwork" category. So the door isn't exactly slammed shut against golems, robots or animatronics.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
While we don't have clockwork companions ( and probably won't get one ) we do have Prince Yuletide ( Nutcracker musketeer ) whose movements mimic those of an Armada musketeer. We also have Gracie's War Golem summons. We even have mounts and pets which are golems or in the "clockwork" category. So the door isn't exactly slammed shut against golems, robots or animatronics.
See, this is what's sending me in loops the most right now. Some people seem to be contradicting each other and/or themselves. They say they don't want any positive association with robotic creatures at all and that KI won't allow it, when in reality it's already been done (this is not towards you it's an "in general" statement).
In regards to another important point, it seems to me that some are missing an element that has been happening throughout the story arc: our pirate seems to have a habit of taking in "once-enemies". The first time this happened was actually with Old Scratch. The better known times were with Ratbeard and Monkey King. Aside from those 3 main characters, it has happened frequently with other companions too, through quest or crown shop. Froggo Villa, the pigs from Mooshu, Amber Horde Crossbowman, Serpent Augur, the Valvida brothers, Fin Dorsal, all these companions and others were once our enemies but we've set them straight and are now our friends. The Armada is too personal an enemy to become a friend but the animatronics are a different story. Mary O'Nette created them for the soul purpose of entertainment but the Armada hacked them with a purpose to use them as a tool. These animatronics have no other correlation with them and so would be easier for our pirate to accept them than any Armada soldier. And like you said, we already have Prince Yuletide, golem mount, and clockwork pets so it's not like we're completely opposed to the idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
See, this is what's sending me in loops the most right now. Some people seem to be contradicting each other and/or themselves. They say they don't want any positive association with robotic creatures at all and that KI won't allow it, when in reality it's already been done (this is not towards you it's an "in general" statement).
In regards to another important point, it seems to me that some are missing an element that has been happening throughout the story arc: our pirate seems to have a habit of taking in "once-enemies". The first time this happened was actually with Old Scratch. The better known times were with Ratbeard and Monkey King. Aside from those 3 main characters, it has happened frequently with other companions too, through quest or crown shop. Froggo Villa, the pigs from Mooshu, Amber Horde Crossbowman, Serpent Augur, the Valvida brothers, Fin Dorsal, all these companions and others were once our enemies but we've set them straight and are now our friends. The Armada is too personal an enemy to become a friend but the animatronics are a different story. Mary O'Nette created them for the soul purpose of entertainment but the Armada hacked them with a purpose to use them as a tool. These animatronics have no other correlation with them and so would be easier for our pirate to accept them than any Armada soldier. And like you said, we already have Prince Yuletide, golem mount, and clockwork pets so it's not like we're completely opposed to the idea.
I think with the "once enemies" theme of recruitment, you'll notice that these recruits are living beings ( or in the case of Martin de Valvida, once living ). I guess we must make a difference in our statements - we most likely will not receive an Armada companion but there may be some clockworks out there that we could recruit because they aren't Armada.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Serpent10611 on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
The golem mount and clockwork pets are clearly mechanicals, and do not appear to have independent thinking though our clockwork pets seem to defend us loyally. However, my interpretation of Prince Yulefest is that he is not an animatronic or automaton (my preferred word), but rather a human being who has been enchanted.

Prince Yulefest seems to me a delightful analogue of the hero of 'The Nutcracker and the Mouse King', written by E.T.A Hoffman in 1816. In this story, it is a human boy who becomes enchanted into the form of a nutcracker when he tries to free an ungracious princess from a spell. He is given as a special toy to a little girl, Marie, who loyally defends him and helps him defeat the wicked seven-headed Mouse King. He then rewards Marie by whisking her off to a land that is populated by living dolls and she has a wonderful time. But when she wakes from sleep, she is in her own house, and no one believes her when she tells of her fantastic dream. Sometime later,she regards her beloved nutcracker and promises him that if he were real, then unlike the ungrateful princess, she would love him no matter what he looked like. This breaks the spell. Eventually, Marie weds the young man who was the Nutcracker, and she becomes queen of the land of the dolls.

That's a little different from the ballet synopsis of The Nutcracker, but the essentials are the same. I always envision that Prince Yulefest, though prince of the Land of Dolls (or Land of Sweets, take your pick) is adventuring with us somewhere between the time he was enchanted and when Marie (or Clara, as in the ballet) breaks his spell, thus though having a wooden 'Nutcracker' body has a human mind and soul.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
I think with the "once enemies" theme of recruitment, you'll notice that these recruits are living beings ( or in the case of Martin de Valvida, once living ). I guess we must make a difference in our statements - we most likely will not receive an Armada companion but there may be some clockworks out there that we could recruit because they aren't Armada.
Exactly my point. I think you bore witness to one of my past threads explaining otherwise, but I've fully accepted that any chance of gaining an Armada companion would be like finding a shadow in the dark. However, to make such assumptions and accusations about all other robots/animatronics would be an overly bias move. It's clear by the Armada that A.I. exists in the Spiral so I see no reason why alliances with "artificial" beings couldn't work like ones with living/once living beings, considering that a.i. robots in the Spiral seem to have, at the basic level at least, the same type of comprehension as humans.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
Hi again, I'm thinking instead of using the FNAF idea, we could use the idea 'Alice In Wonderland' and the companions could be the characters, and us pirates could have an Alice outfit on. Any other ideas?

~Abigail

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
sarahbrown05 on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Hi again, I'm thinking instead of using the FNAF idea, we could use the idea 'Alice In Wonderland' and the companions could be the characters, and us pirates could have an Alice outfit on. Any other ideas?

~Abigail
I'm still fully intent on my fnaf-based event, which I still don't see as a terrible idea for a Birth-o-ween event.
That "Alice in Wonderland" idea is interesting though, but by the way you've described it, it may be too "copy-and-paste". We're already surrounded by a plethora of talking plants and animals too. None the less, it would be very interesting along the storyline to sail to a completely new, dream-like world where the inhabitants abandoned all logic.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 15, 2016 wrote:
The golem mount and clockwork pets are clearly mechanicals, and do not appear to have independent thinking though our clockwork pets seem to defend us loyally. However, my interpretation of Prince Yulefest is that he is not an animatronic or automaton (my preferred word), but rather a human being who has been enchanted.

Prince Yulefest seems to me a delightful analogue of the hero of 'The Nutcracker and the Mouse King', written by E.T.A Hoffman in 1816. In this story, it is a human boy who becomes enchanted into the form of a nutcracker when he tries to free an ungracious princess from a spell. He is given as a special toy to a little girl, Marie, who loyally defends him and helps him defeat the wicked seven-headed Mouse King. He then rewards Marie by whisking her off to a land that is populated by living dolls and she has a wonderful time. But when she wakes from sleep, she is in her own house, and no one believes her when she tells of her fantastic dream. Sometime later,she regards her beloved nutcracker and promises him that if he were real, then unlike the ungrateful princess, she would love him no matter what he looked like. This breaks the spell. Eventually, Marie weds the young man who was the Nutcracker, and she becomes queen of the land of the dolls.

That's a little different from the ballet synopsis of The Nutcracker, but the essentials are the same. I always envision that Prince Yulefest, though prince of the Land of Dolls (or Land of Sweets, take your pick) is adventuring with us somewhere between the time he was enchanted and when Marie (or Clara, as in the ballet) breaks his spell, thus though having a wooden 'Nutcracker' body has a human mind and soul.
Interesting.
I definitely see where you're coming from and that could be a good analogue for him, although I find that this might only be theoretical. Nutcrackers are a fairly common decorative element in the Holiday season and many people, myself included, would see Prince Yulefest as that: an automaton toy soldier representing the Holidays. I'm not saying you're wrong, it just might not be so easily apparent to correlate.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Serpent10611 on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
I think I've finally figured out names for the main animatronics:
Rat Captain - Long-Tail Ricky
Chicken Rancher - Old McDouglas
Cow Sage - Ti Fun (pronounced like typhoon)
Dog Soldier - Colonel Clayborn
Eagle Balladist - Pollonus