The Future Of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jul 16, 2014
584
Ahoy!

I understand the concerns, and Professor Falmea gave a status update in the last Producer's Letter. When we have new information to share, we will. In the meantime, I appreciate everyone's positive attitudes and patience.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
Bonnie Anne on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

I understand the concerns, and Professor Falmea gave a status update in the last Producer's Letter. When we have new information to share, we will. In the meantime, I appreciate everyone's positive attitudes and patience.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter
Thanks, Bonnie Anne, & you're very welcome! That reliefs me. Many Pirates were very worried about P101's lengthy periods of silence.

Though we are content with the MMO Live Team doing W101 & P101 updates at once, I'm highly confident that while W101 continues on with new updates & bundles, & such, P101 will still keep going forward with having more new updates, too.

We've been waiting very long for P101 to keep going forward with the story, & we hope the wait for the next P101 story update to arrive, albeit far more lengthier than our previous one, will be more than worth it. No pressure, & no rush.

Even if there are more updates that keeps on improving P101 while they're still being made, I don't mind one bit.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Unfair Angel on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
I absolutely agree with your point there DuranteRamses87, though we have waited for 3 years you must still take that into mind. We aren't trying to rush the developers in any sort although it might seem that way. Your view on the situation is that we are trying to rush the developers because of lack of updates. We just care about when/if we get a next update judging by the time it has been since the "last major update" or so.

I can speak for most people on this that by this "topic" in general is seemingly a way to get KI to pump out new worlds for us. The players want to know why the lack of updates is a thing in Pirate101 compared to Wizard101 and why there cant be 2 teams working on the different games, not just 1 team working on Wizard101 and producing the casual side quest update or something like that.
We haven't actually been waiting 3 years.

We've actually been waiting about 2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days. If you say "close enough", I will freak out.

A lot can happen in 6 months, 1 week, and 4 days.

Speaking of things that happen semiannually, do we have a date of the next Producer's Letter? We're roughly a month away.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
177
FireMorgan13 on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
We haven't actually been waiting 3 years.

We've actually been waiting about 2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days. If you say "close enough", I will freak out.

A lot can happen in 6 months, 1 week, and 4 days.

Speaking of things that happen semiannually, do we have a date of the next Producer's Letter? We're roughly a month away.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Alright don't freak out but
Close Enough
we are just assuming of how long we have actually been waiting, this is the most common seen date as how long we have been waiting rather than the 2 year 5 month 3 week 3 day wait
I understand a lot can happen in 6 months 1 week 4 days

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Unfair Angel on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
Alright don't freak out but
Close Enough
we are just assuming of how long we have actually been waiting, this is the most common seen date as how long we have been waiting rather than the 2 year 5 month 3 week 3 day wait
I understand a lot can happen in 6 months 1 week 4 days
Is seen twitching and blinking rapidly. Then begins yelling things in a foreign language that make no sense even to native speakers of said language. Starts running around flailing his arms everywhere and begins breaking his own raft. Upon destruction, buys another raft and breaks that. Finally, composes self.

While I'll admit that 2 years 5 months 3 weeks and 4 days is a nuisance to write, please just type "about 2.5 years", "About 2 and a half years" or even "About 2 years and 5 months" if you're going to estimate it. It's more accurate. 3 years is a rather distant future from where we are. Plus, even if you're rounding, it's in the wrong direction. In about 3 days, on November 23, we'll be at the 2.5 year mark(2 years 6 months or about 913 & 1/8 days).

Sorry if that came off as rude. I didn't intend for it to be rude if it was but my OCD really kicked in.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
177
FireMorgan13 on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
Is seen twitching and blinking rapidly. Then begins yelling things in a foreign language that make no sense even to native speakers of said language. Starts running around flailing his arms everywhere and begins breaking his own raft. Upon destruction, buys another raft and breaks that. Finally, composes self.

While I'll admit that 2 years 5 months 3 weeks and 4 days is a nuisance to write, please just type "about 2.5 years", "About 2 and a half years" or even "About 2 years and 5 months" if you're going to estimate it. It's more accurate. 3 years is a rather distant future from where we are. Plus, even if you're rounding, it's in the wrong direction. In about 3 days, on November 23, we'll be at the 2.5 year mark(2 years 6 months or about 913 & 1/8 days).

Sorry if that came off as rude. I didn't intend for it to be rude if it was but my OCD really kicked in.
Didn't Pirate101 begin its Beta in somewhat October 2012? Correct me if I am wrong, But all of 2013, 2014 and soon to be 2015 is about 3 years, I will count Beta since it is still Pirate101 and still a work in progress

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Unfair Angel on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
Didn't Pirate101 begin its Beta in somewhat October 2012? Correct me if I am wrong, But all of 2013, 2014 and soon to be 2015 is about 3 years, I will count Beta since it is still Pirate101 and still a work in progress
While the beta was launched around August 3rd, 2012 (https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/news/press_releases/closed_beta), the game ended at Mooshu even after it went live until May 23rd 2013 when Marleybone and Aquila were added (https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes/may23). My "counter" is referring to how long it has been since May 23rd, 2013 since that was when the newest worlds were added.

It has been 3 years, 3 months, and 3 weeks since Pirate101's beta launch.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
Unfair Angel on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
Didn't Pirate101 begin its Beta in somewhat October 2012? Correct me if I am wrong, But all of 2013, 2014 and soon to be 2015 is about 3 years, I will count Beta since it is still Pirate101 and still a work in progress
I don't think so. The beta began in Aug 3rd, 2012, & lasted until Oct 8, the day it's head start began, & then Oct 15, the launch day.

P101's been Live since that time. We have the Live & Test Realms. It's come a long way from that time to today, & its' still going strong.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
While I really do enjoy W101's new world, the first W101 update from the MMO Live Team, I'm sure, I'm still awaiting for more new P101 adventures to come out, or at least something new to conquer, like more new optional side dungeons.

I really enjoyed the Tower of Moo Manchu & the Pirate's Regatta, but still, I really would like to conquer many more new dungeons, have more new adventures, & seek out more new rare loot to gain.

Maybe there should be a new dungeon that does both land & ship combat at once. A mixture of both land & ship combat types in one whole adventure! Can you imagine such an adventure that use both land & ship combat at once being made? It's not been made... not now, anyway. That would be interesting!

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
116
I think Pirate101's Book 15 is like Wizard101's Dragonspyre. It took some time to develop, and the new Ki Live Team is deeply invested to getting out updates to BOTH games. I have faith the new team of creative folks will deliver some new goodies for Winter time.

Yarr, Yarr, fair sailing fellow Pirates

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
10
Honestly, i can not find a rational reason for why there hasn't been a release of a new world for Pirate101 this whole time. I know KI hasn't forgotten us Pirates, but is it really that difficult that it takes more than two and a half years to make? Yet, Wizard101 can pop out worlds yearly and be fine. Does this make Wizard101 a more significant priority? Or is Wizard101 just an easier game to update. Maybe Pirate101 is just too difficult to update rapidly. Whatever it is, KI has to know that they have lost a lot of players because of the absence of a new world in Pirate101. I was watching a video on Pirate101 by Blazelifehammer and he was scared that they were going to CLOSE THE GAME because of the lack of updates. When i log on to Pirate101 and look at the realms, all the realms are empty except for avery and its still only at normal population. On Wizard101 at least 3 or 4 realms are full and the following few are crowded because the game is UPDATED. There is an obvious preference in between games by the community and the way to solving this issue is to UPDATE the game. I hope KI can throw out an update this winter because a game can only last so long unattended.

Cody Everhart - 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
coconut pirate on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I think Pirate101's Book 15 is like Wizard101's Dragonspyre. It took some time to develop, and the new Ki Live Team is deeply invested to getting out updates to BOTH games. I have faith the new team of creative folks will deliver some new goodies for Winter time.

Yarr, Yarr, fair sailing fellow Pirates
Well said. I don't know how much time they spent on Book 15's production, though, I know it's been longer than we thought, quite unusually longer, to be honest, but I'm sure it's likely closer to being ready by now, at least.

It's very wise of KI to form their MMO Live Team, lot less waiting time to create more updates to both games at once, rather to have two separate teams alternate between the two games from time to time.

Still looking forward to seeing how it turns out & what they have in store for Winter!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
StormBlade604 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, i can not find a rational reason for why there hasn't been a release of a new world for Pirate101 this whole time. I know KI hasn't forgotten us Pirates, but is it really that difficult that it takes more than two and a half years to make? Yet, Wizard101 can pop out worlds yearly and be fine. Does this make Wizard101 a more significant priority? Or is Wizard101 just an easier game to update. Maybe Pirate101 is just too difficult to update rapidly. Whatever it is, KI has to know that they have lost a lot of players because of the absence of a new world in Pirate101. I was watching a video on Pirate101 by Blazelifehammer and he was scared that they were going to CLOSE THE GAME because of the lack of updates. When i log on to Pirate101 and look at the realms, all the realms are empty except for avery and its still only at normal population. On Wizard101 at least 3 or 4 realms are full and the following few are crowded because the game is UPDATED. There is an obvious preference in between games by the community and the way to solving this issue is to UPDATE the game. I hope KI can throw out an update this winter because a game can only last so long unattended.

Cody Everhart - 65
Ok, now, about what you said about Blaze Lifehammer being scared for the game's lack of any updates... that's very frightening. Well, if Blaze is around, tell him there is nothing to fear about P101's state. KI is just trying to settle on a more coherent pattern to the level caps' increases & such in their story updates, due to the recent changes to their systems & content they did for a while, like the changes to Companions receiving epics in their recent update that includes Ranked PvP, for example. I feel it was really worth the time KI spent to refining past content in Pirate101 & easing problems many players were experiencing.

I don't think Pirate101 is too difficult enough to update, & I don't think KI made Wizard101 a priority or something like what you're saying. They can do small updates & fixes in such a short time, yet, sometimes, they wish to save some changes & fixes for a bigger update. You forget, their MMO Live Team is dedicated to updating both Wizard101 & Pirate101 at once, instead of having two separate teams alternating updating between the two games KI made. Sure, many players are in Wizard101's realms because it just recently received it's new world, but don't think that their continual updating to Wizard101 signifying Pirate101's declining of support & updates.

I'm sure they got something for winter. Professor Falmea said in her recent Falmea Friday post...

"We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about... ...There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part."

Don't worry, everyone. KI is still working on Pirate101's updates just as they are still working on Wizard101. Have faith. Trust them. They know what they're doing, & they will never leave us hanging in the dark for far too long & they will never stop updating their games, no matter what. I have supreme confidence in them.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
StormBlade604 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, i can not find a rational reason for why there hasn't been a release of a new world for Pirate101 this whole time. I know KI hasn't forgotten us Pirates, but is it really that difficult that it takes more than two and a half years to make? Yet, Wizard101 can pop out worlds yearly and be fine. Does this make Wizard101 a more significant priority? Or is Wizard101 just an easier game to update. Maybe Pirate101 is just too difficult to update rapidly. Whatever it is, KI has to know that they have lost a lot of players because of the absence of a new world in Pirate101. I was watching a video on Pirate101 by Blazelifehammer and he was scared that they were going to CLOSE THE GAME because of the lack of updates. When i log on to Pirate101 and look at the realms, all the realms are empty except for avery and its still only at normal population. On Wizard101 at least 3 or 4 realms are full and the following few are crowded because the game is UPDATED. There is an obvious preference in between games by the community and the way to solving this issue is to UPDATE the game. I hope KI can throw out an update this winter because a game can only last so long unattended.

Cody Everhart - 65
"We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story"-Falmea in the July 2015 Producer's Letter.

There's your "rational reason". They're still working out things to do with the story.

You're forgetting one key difference between W101 and P101, and that is that W101 has been around longer, so they have more money to play with for updates. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go round. KI, while responsible for both games, can't just move money between the games. They need to pay writers, voice actors, etc. to make each update. They can't just use the same writers and voice actors for each game as each game is vastly different. So, whatever money is earned by W101, stays in the W101 "department" and any money earned by P101 stays in the P101 department. The KI MMO Live team I believe is meant to fix that problem and allow for money from both games to be thrown into one pot.

Unfortunately, before the KML team, W101 was a higher priority due to their increased revenue. It's just easier to get things done faster with more money.

Idk why Blazelifehammer would be concerned about the game closing because his reasoning is just wrong. This game has had updates. In fact, P101 has had 10 updates since May 23rd, 2013. In that time, P101 has added:
-Ranked PvP
-Nautical Gauntlet
-New Trainers
-Captain's Quarters
-Black Market/Scrip
-The ability to leave companions and ships in your house
-Smuggler's Arena
-The Tower of Moo Manchu
-Cool Ranch Stagecoach(as well as an overall revamp)
-The ability to change your flag
-Doubloons(and trading them)
-Team Up!!
-Return to Boss button
-Advanced Pets
-Advanced Companions
-Mark and Recall Buttons
-The New Class Companions(Fan Flanders)
-Expansion to the 3 rat quests
-Group Chests
-Change to power Animations/Descriptions
-Accessory Slot!!
-Glancing Blow
-Ship Damage=Enemy Damage
-Standards
-Henchmen
-Gifting
-Class Houses/Furniture Sets
-House Teleports
-Unstitiching
-Yum-a-Nade
And many other things.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
FireMorgan13 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
"We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story"-Falmea in the July 2015 Producer's Letter.

There's your "rational reason". They're still working out things to do with the story.

You're forgetting one key difference between W101 and P101, and that is that W101 has been around longer, so they have more money to play with for updates. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go round. KI, while responsible for both games, can't just move money between the games. They need to pay writers, voice actors, etc. to make each update. They can't just use the same writers and voice actors for each game as each game is vastly different. So, whatever money is earned by W101, stays in the W101 "department" and any money earned by P101 stays in the P101 department. The KI MMO Live team I believe is meant to fix that problem and allow for money from both games to be thrown into one pot.

Unfortunately, before the KML team, W101 was a higher priority due to their increased revenue. It's just easier to get things done faster with more money.

Idk why Blazelifehammer would be concerned about the game closing because his reasoning is just wrong. This game has had updates. In fact, P101 has had 10 updates since May 23rd, 2013. In that time, P101 has added:
-Ranked PvP
-Nautical Gauntlet
-New Trainers
-Captain's Quarters
-Black Market/Scrip
-The ability to leave companions and ships in your house
-Smuggler's Arena
-The Tower of Moo Manchu
-Cool Ranch Stagecoach(as well as an overall revamp)
-The ability to change your flag
-Doubloons(and trading them)
-Team Up!!
-Return to Boss button
-Advanced Pets
-Advanced Companions
-Mark and Recall Buttons
-The New Class Companions(Fan Flanders)
-Expansion to the 3 rat quests
-Group Chests
-Change to power Animations/Descriptions
-Accessory Slot!!
-Glancing Blow
-Ship Damage=Enemy Damage
-Standards
-Henchmen
-Gifting
-Class Houses/Furniture Sets
-House Teleports
-Unstitiching
-Yum-a-Nade
And many other things.
Let's not forget, our regular, nautical, and pet level caps. They are also providing a coherent way to raise all these level caps at once while they're working on things to do with the story. Not only that, they also have to establish a settled pattern with our companions receiving more epics through leveling them up while still receiving them through promotion quests in our recent update.

Clearly, Blaze may need a little chat session so he may calm down & stay positive. Remember, it is not, nor will it ever be, the end of our adventures sailing through the skies just because they were a little more focused on W101 at that time being.

Having the MMO Live Team will surely ease our worries about having to wait for which updates are coming to W101 or P101, because alternating between the two costs more time than ever. At least, this way, providing updates to P101 will be far better, & will significantly reduce waiting time.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
90
FireMorgan13 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
"We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story"-Falmea in the July 2015 Producer's Letter.

There's your "rational reason". They're still working out things to do with the story.

You're forgetting one key difference between W101 and P101, and that is that W101 has been around longer, so they have more money to play with for updates. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go round. KI, while responsible for both games, can't just move money between the games. They need to pay writers, voice actors, etc. to make each update. They can't just use the same writers and voice actors for each game as each game is vastly different. So, whatever money is earned by W101, stays in the W101 "department" and any money earned by P101 stays in the P101 department. The KI MMO Live team I believe is meant to fix that problem and allow for money from both games to be thrown into one pot.

Unfortunately, before the KML team, W101 was a higher priority due to their increased revenue. It's just easier to get things done faster with more money.

Idk why Blazelifehammer would be concerned about the game closing because his reasoning is just wrong. This game has had updates. In fact, P101 has had 10 updates since May 23rd, 2013. In that time, P101 has added:
-Ranked PvP
-Nautical Gauntlet
-New Trainers
-Captain's Quarters
-Black Market/Scrip
-The ability to leave companions and ships in your house
-Smuggler's Arena
-The Tower of Moo Manchu
-Cool Ranch Stagecoach(as well as an overall revamp)
-The ability to change your flag
-Doubloons(and trading them)
-Team Up!!
-Return to Boss button
-Advanced Pets
-Advanced Companions
-Mark and Recall Buttons
-The New Class Companions(Fan Flanders)
-Expansion to the 3 rat quests
-Group Chests
-Change to power Animations/Descriptions
-Accessory Slot!!
-Glancing Blow
-Ship Damage=Enemy Damage
-Standards
-Henchmen
-Gifting
-Class Houses/Furniture Sets
-House Teleports
-Unstitiching
-Yum-a-Nade
And many other things.
True but those things are all very minor(except for the Tower)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
If I may add, who knows what winter have in store for our pirates. I would say a lot of stuff, a charity mount and maybe a holiday theamed pack.

Who knows we might at least, a test realm of the up coming worlds. Maybe when new year come, the content may go live. Have you heard the expression " A new world to explore in the new year." If this is confirmed, what an awesome,way to start 2016.

So yes,don't lose hope there many more stuff coming, for the new year. Book 15 and Book 16 main storyline, Crafting, Reagent collecting,new packs and maybe Mirage as a side world.

That would be a nice idea to add side worlds in pirates, like Mirage, Rake Lagoon ( the professor's home world) and maybe Dragonspyre.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
@Monkrinx

I take it you mean side story arcs that take place in side worlds added, like the one spanning Grizzleheim to Wintertusk in Wizard101, for instance? Those would be nice to have in Pirate101. Maybe I would like to see side worlds & recruit some new companions in the side story arcs. So many stories to be told, & having side story arcs would be very neat.

Well, anyway, I would like to see side story arcs made in Pirate101, though Blind Mew said it would only delay the main story arcs, but, he's a bit content with them being made someday. Maybe with the formed MMO Live Team, they're still possible. And crafting would be nice to do. More booster packs would be nice, too.

We know the yearly 12 Days will be here soon, & with that, we'll see more new winter items, too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
If I may add, who knows what winter have in store for our pirates. I would say a lot of stuff, a charity mount and maybe a holiday theamed pack.

Who knows we might at least, a test realm of the up coming worlds. Maybe when new year come, the content may go live. Have you heard the expression " A new world to explore in the new year." If this is confirmed, what an awesome,way to start 2016.

So yes,don't lose hope there many more stuff coming, for the new year. Book 15 and Book 16 main storyline, Crafting, Reagent collecting,new packs and maybe Mirage as a side world.

That would be a nice idea to add side worlds in pirates, like Mirage, Rake Lagoon ( the professor's home world) and maybe Dragonspyre.
I like everything you say in this post, but I have one question - why Mirage as a side world? Rake's Lagoon is a house, not a world. The home world of Morgan LeFitte is Valencia. And why go to Dragonspyre?

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
I still love this game. I still think it's the best KI has made.

What would be nice is for KI Live to talk about what's coming got P101 in a broadcast.

I alluded to one game that does that every other week. They get the creative team to sit down together, talk about what's coming, show concept/preview art/animations, talk storyline and answer player questions.

They give general time frames, nothing specific ("next update," "next month," "working hard to get it to you as soon as possible," etc.) but it keeps the players in the loop and keeps the players hyped for the game. They even have a running joke with their players when something they wanted to do takes a little longer to implement than they thought. No one feels disappointed or worried because they can see the developers are working hard on making the game they love better.

If KI would do that for us, wow, what a difference that would make. Even if it's just talking story: "this is what we are thinking for the next chapter, blah, blah, blah..." Or, "this is a sneak peek at the concept art for new companions or characters or ships, blah, blah, blah..."

I know my concerns would be immediately put to rest even if said update was months out, at least I would know it's coming

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
anecorbie on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
I like everything you say in this post, but I have one question - why Mirage as a side world? Rake's Lagoon is a house, not a world. The home world of Morgan LeFitte is Valencia. And why go to Dragonspyre?
We don't know if Mirage in P101 is to be a side world or not, but one thing is sure, we may see it someday, even if it's in W101, at least, there may be plans to add that in P101, in terms of it's lands, Skyways, & references to certain events in W101 to occur, likely before it's events that may take place during W101's storyline.

Rake's Lagoon is indeed a house, rather, a Swashbuckler-themed house. We still purchase it from the Crowns Shop. It's not a world on it's own. I think Monkrinx may have been very mistaken.

Dragonspyre has been ruined because of the Dragon Titan during the 100-Year War, & so far, it's own piece of it's land stands in W101, where Malistaire Drake heads there to summon the Dragon Titan to restore his deceased wife, Sylvia, to life, no matter the cost that could've been devastating to the Spiral itself. Whereas in P101, it's one Skyway that is located far beyond it's land, Avernus, serves as the pathway to Valencia, Monquista, & an unknown world through it's Stormgates. We don't know of any other of Dragonspyre's lands & inhabitants that still survive the Dragon Titan's wrath post the 100-Year War & it's other Skyways, though, we know they're yet to be discovered.

Maybe these answers helped you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
Trimond297 on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
We don't know if Mirage in P101 is to be a side world or not, but one thing is sure, we may see it someday, even if it's in W101, at least, there may be plans to add that in P101, in terms of it's lands, Skyways, & references to certain events in W101 to occur, likely before it's events that may take place during W101's storyline.

Rake's Lagoon is indeed a house, rather, a Swashbuckler-themed house. We still purchase it from the Crowns Shop. It's not a world on it's own. I think Monkrinx may have been very mistaken.

Dragonspyre has been ruined because of the Dragon Titan during the 100-Year War, & so far, it's own piece of it's land stands in W101, where Malistaire Drake heads there to summon the Dragon Titan to restore his deceased wife, Sylvia, to life, no matter the cost that could've been devastating to the Spiral itself. Whereas in P101, it's one Skyway that is located far beyond it's land, Avernus, serves as the pathway to Valencia, Monquista, & an unknown world through it's Stormgates. We don't know of any other of Dragonspyre's lands & inhabitants that still survive the Dragon Titan's wrath post the 100-Year War & it's other Skyways, though, we know they're yet to be discovered.

Maybe these answers helped you?
Trimond, I knew all this. Yet there is no answer as to why we need to go to Dragonspyre or Mirage, they have no references in this game, no one has even mentioned these worlds by name. I was pointing out to Monkrinx, that Morgan LeFitte comes from Valencia, not Rake's Lagoon.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
furborn74 on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
True but those things are all very minor(except for the Tower)
As I've said before, updates require two things. Money and Workers, but mostly money. So the point I bring up is, if KI saw no future for this game, or no longer cared about it, why would they:

A. spend money on more updates to make the life of pirates feel more convenient and try to convince them to stay?
Or
B. form the KI Live Team if they were just going to abandon Pirate101 anyway?

Many signs say that Pirate101 has a future ahead of it. KI has gone too far to suddenly pull the plug. There has been some heavy investment into the game. Many MMOs in comparison just flat out stop making updates before closure. I'm optimistic and perhaps naive, however I hold firm that it is statistically very unlikely that Pirate101 is going down the drain.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2009
@Firemorgan13

KingsIsle made changes to P101's systems & content so many times, they've been doing their very best to settle and establish a more coherent pattern to continuing with the game's story to suit to it's recent changes. That doesn't mean they stopped working on the game to solely work on W101 or something like that.

(sigh) What is it with some people still misconceiving that KI keeps focusing on Wizard101 instead of Pirate101 with the MMO Live Team's formation today? It doesn't mean they will only focus on W101, & nothing else.

Maybe some of you need a reminder from Professor Falmea's quotes...

Here's her quote from the recent Producer's Letter in P101...

"...I am transitioning to bring all the Masters of the Spiral together to form the new KingsIsle MMO Live Team... ...we’ll have one elite team working to discover new fun things for Wizards, Pirates, and all manner of other creatures within the vast worlds of the Spiral."

...Next, her quote from W101's recent Producer's Letter...

"As I announced to our Pirate-y friends in this letter, we have combined forces to create the MMO Live Team, which is cool because we get to work together to make both of our live MMOs great."

...& this from her recent Falmea Friday post in P101's forums...

"We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about... ...There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part."

Even Falmea knows waiting is the hardest part, even for her & us.

So, to remind you, KingsIsle is still working in Pirate101, & Falmea informed that they have some things they have in the works that may get Pirates invigorated again, not make them less invigorated. It's not the end of our nautical voyage. Remember that.

Plus, One-Eyed Jack said, to quote from his past post, "...work has already been expended towards the production of Book 15.", meaning it's still in production, not halted.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1114
Trimond gave us this gem:

I'm sure they got something for winter. Professor Falmea said in her recent Falmea Friday post...

"We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about... ...There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part."

Yep. Waiting so very, very eagerly for yet more fluff, I am. Can hardly stand the excitement of seeing what new and sparkly thing they've done for the PvP I couldn't be less interested in.

I'll believe they're going to update the game when someone from KI comes right out and says so. As in "The test realm is live for the new world" says so, not "go check out what else we've done for the boring PvP and yet more gauntlets you'll need to go through over and over and over again because you've run out of story to play."