Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Future Of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Broad Topic Eh?
Pirate101 has been out for 3 years now and I believe it is time to step our game up.
When was the last world released? about 2 and a half years ago. Wizard101 keeps getting countless worlds while we sit here with all max levels with full tower gear and ranked pvp. How does this suit us? I think Kingsisle needs to give us a world. I mean literally a new world not like a side world such as Darkmoor in wizard101, we want a truly fun filled world to give us a new start on playing pirate101 in general.
I can give 3 reasons why a new world coming out in 2015 or early 2016 could impact the Pirate101 community in a positive way.
1. A new world would make most people come back to Pirate101 as many have left due to inactivity of updates. This would also help Kingsisle as a company overall to create more fun and exciting content for us all to enjoy!

2. Pirate101 has lacked of updates. As said in my 1st reason, Pirate101 is lacking for updates overall when it comes to general gameplay. As you all know Aquila was the last world we got and we received Aquila about 3 years ago. I think that a new gameplay can help bring Pirates together to make the experience better for everybody!

3. Pirate101 has just repetitive now. No offense, but all we ever do, is just farm tower, ranked pvp, and make new characters. It is the same thing every minute of every hour we play for this game. All we do is achieve the same goals we have achieved before just to end up at the end of Aquila in Captain Avery's office with BoochBeard saying, this is as far as you can go, for now. Is this implying that we are getting a new world? I think it isn't since it has been 3 years, and still, all we are getting New trainers, more sales, and the same stuff over and over again. Why is this so?

Everyone Feel Free to Leave Their Ideas on this Matter as a comment below, I will read through and analyze on this subject as well as your comments to make any improvements of this to get it out there for others to realize and communicate about.

-Yohoho!
-Unfair Angel
See you in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
Broad Topic Eh?
Pirate101 has been out for 3 years now and I believe it is time to step our game up.
When was the last world released? about 2 and a half years ago. Wizard101 keeps getting countless worlds while we sit here with all max levels with full tower gear and ranked pvp. How does this suit us? I think Kingsisle needs to give us a world. I mean literally a new world not like a side world such as Darkmoor in wizard101, we want a truly fun filled world to give us a new start on playing pirate101 in general.
I can give 3 reasons why a new world coming out in 2015 or early 2016 could impact the Pirate101 community in a positive way.
1. A new world would make most people come back to Pirate101 as many have left due to inactivity of updates. This would also help Kingsisle as a company overall to create more fun and exciting content for us all to enjoy!

2. Pirate101 has lacked of updates. As said in my 1st reason, Pirate101 is lacking for updates overall when it comes to general gameplay. As you all know Aquila was the last world we got and we received Aquila about 3 years ago. I think that a new gameplay can help bring Pirates together to make the experience better for everybody!

3. Pirate101 has just repetitive now. No offense, but all we ever do, is just farm tower, ranked pvp, and make new characters. It is the same thing every minute of every hour we play for this game. All we do is achieve the same goals we have achieved before just to end up at the end of Aquila in Captain Avery's office with BoochBeard saying, this is as far as you can go, for now. Is this implying that we are getting a new world? I think it isn't since it has been 3 years, and still, all we are getting New trainers, more sales, and the same stuff over and over again. Why is this so?

Everyone Feel Free to Leave Their Ideas on this Matter as a comment below, I will read through and analyze on this subject as well as your comments to make any improvements of this to get it out there for others to realize and communicate about.

-Yohoho!
-Unfair Angel
See you in the Spiral!
While I agree with your post, Unfair Angel, there are some points to consider: KingsIsle can not with a snap of a finger suddenly produce a "New World" for us to just play in. Many things must be in place before that could even happen.
The Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP obviously took time to create and produce, also we had the introduction of our first housing gauntlet, the Smuggler's Arena. These things are to occupy our time until the storyline updates ( and this may not be a new world, but an expansion of old worlds.)
Remember there are skyways still left unexplored in Monquista and MooShu, so we may be exploring those areas first.
I was also disappointed that the November Newsletter was so skimpy on news. Not even a hint or teaser of an up date.
"Winter is coming" could mean everything or nothing. I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for our update.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
While I agree with your post, Unfair Angel, there are some points to consider: KingsIsle can not with a snap of a finger suddenly produce a "New World" for us to just play in. Many things must be in place before that could even happen.
The Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP obviously took time to create and produce, also we had the introduction of our first housing gauntlet, the Smuggler's Arena. These things are to occupy our time until the storyline updates ( and this may not be a new world, but an expansion of old worlds.)
Remember there are skyways still left unexplored in Monquista and MooShu, so we may be exploring those areas first.
I was also disappointed that the November Newsletter was so skimpy on news. Not even a hint or teaser of an up date.
"Winter is coming" could mean everything or nothing. I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for our update.
I agree, only time will tell when we will set sail again, till then we wait.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As much as my max leveled pirates wanted to explore new worlds and continue the mainstoryline. At least my lower leveled characters are having fun. I know this is boring to wait, however there are still many more updates needed, aside from main storyline. Like crafting, fishing, collecting reagents,expansion to existing world,etc.

Please make pirates shine again, like it ment to be. Hopefully this coming winter, as the fire professor from wizard city say "winter is coming." Maybe somthing big or unexcpected, who knows what treasures this coming winter bring to our pirate character(s).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
You're right. P101's approach on world travelling is way different from W101's world travelling approach. There's still the rest of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces to find and take back from Kane. El Dorado still needs to be found, & the Armada still needs to be stopped.

Let's not forget the new quests about Manny Moe and Jack that led to the Skull Island Expansion Zones to Blood Shoals & others took time to create & produce, too, & I couldn't be even more proud of how amazing they did to them. These old quests were too boring & didn't fit the standards to P101's many adventure instances. It was worth it to see them revamp & add new Zones to Skull Island & revitalize the early storyline quests.

Bit bummed that there aren't any hints to what's to come for P101 in that recent newsletter, though.

I hope the update we have not long ago won't also be the only one for this year.

Remember, we still have the KI MMO Live Team, meaning the whole team is working on creating & bringing in updates to both W101 & P101, instead of alternating between the two games on two separate teams. Makes the waiting time for updates to both games & maybe towards later ones to arrive a lot more shorter that way. They never stopped because of it. They'll still add updates to P101 with that while W101 continues to receive more updates at once, positively for sure.

Your wisdom never ceases to amaze us.

Let's still not try to be negative about waiting for continuing with P101's storyline, people. We still need to stay positive. Have faith in KI.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Broad Topic Eh?

-Yohoho!
-Unfair Angel
See you in the Spiral!
Every pirate does things differently. One (Such as me) might still be farming for many unique pieces (Weapons, housing items, gear, accessories, pets, mega snachs, etc) in the game. Another (Also such as me) might be decorating their homes/ ships with gold and treasure. I just gotta have those hard-to-find-in-homes statues! (Bragging rights, ye scurvy scallywags!)

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Anecorbie, unfortunately since the Pirate101 3rd birthday KI Live and the recent monthly updates have not eluded to or hinted at future content, it is unlikely new content will be introduced in 2015. With the MMO Live team (Wizard101 and Pirate101) currently working all the bugs for a Polaris release, I doubt they would release a test realm for Pirate101 in December when a large amount of employees will likely take vacation for the holidays.

For Pirate101 players, our next clue of if/when Pirate101 content will be updated, will likely be in the Producer's winter letter (that are typically released in December).

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Trimond, i have to disagree with you, because:

1) i prefer easy things at the moment. Just a few days ago, i had my buccaneer on the marina celestria, but suddently, i felt the urge to do something else, BECAUSE of STRESS. In fact, my lv 57 privateer is on the quest " The Guns Of Marlybone."ANd i've only done up to the part where you GET the Companion! i havent been in Marlybone for almost a month now, and its because of the increasing danger of dying in the game. In fact, when i fought deacon ( none of my pirates are past lv 22, besides my Privateer) it took me about 2-3 tries to do it!)

So, if KL made the Original rat quests side quests, then i would be happy.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
pirate crusher on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
Trimond, i have to disagree with you, because:

1) i prefer easy things at the moment. Just a few days ago, i had my buccaneer on the marina celestria, but suddently, i felt the urge to do something else, BECAUSE of STRESS. In fact, my lv 57 privateer is on the quest " The Guns Of Marlybone."ANd i've only done up to the part where you GET the Companion! i havent been in Marlybone for almost a month now, and its because of the increasing danger of dying in the game. In fact, when i fought deacon ( none of my pirates are past lv 22, besides my Privateer) it took me about 2-3 tries to do it!)

So, if KL made the Original rat quests side quests, then i would be happy.
I'd take a rain check on that if I were you, 'cause there are already 2 notable quests that were Moe's & Manny's former quests turned into side quests, one with Uncle Scuttles, & one with Danny Ratso that has the same lost locket plot, & they turned into proper side quests, & the Young Nick ransom quest appears to not exist right now, & while I think that may be a side quest, it's plot may need some revising to suit the matter.

These former quests were boring & too short & easy, & not very adventuresome with any story that was not immersive to the main storyline. They're just merely like side quest material. I'm proud of what KI did to these quests with Manny More & Jack, albeit being made non-linear again like before.

You do know that with the changes made to giving companions more epics at certain levels made, the dangers you mentioned have been lessened, so you shouldn't worry. The one matter about that is for us to receive many more new powers, both to us Pirates, which we still need, even by having more new powers from our class trainers via their quests that reward them with exclusive powers only they in their prime class of choice can learn, & our companions, those of which need so many more besides earning them from promo quests. Why, Gracie Conrad only earns her War Golem summon power from "Anarchy in the MB!", & it's not even a real promotion, only she gains her power, & there's no proper approach to it. Still think there should be a new companion power training system towards that approach so it can be proper for companions to receive new powers with quests & perhaps leveling, too, along with promo quests & in place of it's current approach.

While I still wait for more adventures in P101 to arrive, we still need to stay positive. Have faith for the MMO Live Team. They still know how to multitask with updating both W101 & P101 at once. They're not slowing down on P101 updates because of it, nor even W101's updates.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
Well, 2 things are for sure: Rise and Destroy, their new mobile game went live and W101 Polaris test realm should be live soon. That should free them up a bit to start focusing on P101 upgrades and updates...I would think and hope.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
I looked up Rise and destroy, and there was nothing. Can you please tell me the games title or if kingsile is working on a mobile game?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
pirate crusher on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
I looked up Rise and destroy, and there was nothing. Can you please tell me the games title or if kingsile is working on a mobile game?
https://www.riseanddestroy.com/

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Butterblitz on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Well, 2 things are for sure: Rise and Destroy, their new mobile game went live and W101 Polaris test realm should be live soon. That should free them up a bit to start focusing on P101 upgrades and updates...I would think and hope.
I'm surprised that Rise and Destroy actually got off the ground... It's way too kiddish, I think even though (I got this from unreliable sources) it's extremely difficult later on in the the game. What's even the point of it? Why does KI even need a phone application? I'm guessing that most of their players (Who are kids) don't even have a phone.

I'm guessing that you might be right, but you might not be, but heck, what do either of us know of what KI's plans are? I suppose we just need to wait and see..

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Bonnie, how did you put that thing above the link?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bonnie Anne on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
https://www.riseanddestroy.com/
Well, I do say their mobile game looks nice. I wish the KI Mobile Live Team luck on supporting Rise & Destroy now that the game is launched!

Oh, Bonnie Anne, while I was in W101's Test Realm, I spotted a notable monster in the Arcanum, and it's Frankie Forearms. Nice that they threw in a cameo character into W101. I like it.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2014
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Broad Topic Eh?

-Yohoho!
-Unfair Angel
See you in the Spiral!
As I see it, there are about 3 types of people on the boards when approaching this subject of a new world:

1. People who wonder why we haven't had a world in 2 years, 5 months, 1 week, and 6 days and post boards like these.

2. People who have tried to be patient and enjoyed the updates and are now growing restless.

3. People like me who are take every update as a sign that our world will be approaching us and the KI hasn't given up hope.

Seriously, KI has given us updates at all. Toontown didn't do anything for at least 2 years before it went belly up. Don't look at updates with disappointment that there's no new worlds, but rather with joy that KI still pays us mind and is trying their best to keep us paying. As a person who enjoys creative writing, it's hard to get that perfect story. Sometimes you strike an epiphany, and other times no matter how many times you flip it or twist it, it just feels like it's getting nowhere. The writing team has hit a rough patch, but with this new KI MMO Live Team, perhaps we can get out of the rough, and onto the smooth.

I could list a long list of positives that a world would bring to the community, however keep in mind that KI can't just build a new world on the dime. There is a long and rigorous process that goes into this.

There needs to be a story for the new world.
There need to be side quests
There need to be enemies, companions & NPCs.
There need to be promotions that come with a new level cap.
There need to be new talents/epics for the new level cap.
There need to be tests for this new world and its contents.
There needs to be art and animation for the new world.
There need to be voice actors to record the dialogue.
There needs to be a dialogue written for main quests, side quests, and promotions.
I'm likely forgetting some things, but this is a good idea of what goes down for these worlds.

Look at the benefits of new trainers. Pirates can now get relentless, something unheard of before.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Butterblitz on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
I don't know of any of KI's notable staff members from the MMO Live Team were collaborating with their Mobile Live Team to make Rise and Destroy, right now, though, I'm sure that whoever from the MMO Team was collaborating with the Mobile Team are willing to return to updating P101 & W101, & they still have many jobs open to mobile game development to expand their Mobile Live Team(plus with a few jobs also available for their MMO team, too), so it's possible that team may have more people to work on more later mobile projects, just as the MMO Live Team will be getting larger someday soon, too. The more the merrier, eh?

Maybe with Rise and Destroy's launch, it is certain KI's both teams will be going forward with their games.

Plus, with Polaris on it's way to W101 real soon, I can safely presume there might be a possible arrival to Polaris in P101, with Skyways, new characters, Zones, & so on, including a timeline that takes place before W101's events in Polaris. It will be a shared world eventually, like a few that are now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
I'm surprised that Rise and Destroy actually got off the ground... It's way too kiddish, I think even though (I got this from unreliable sources) it's extremely difficult later on in the the game. What's even the point of it? Why does KI even need a phone application? I'm guessing that most of their players (Who are kids) don't even have a phone.

I'm guessing that you might be right, but you might not be, but heck, what do either of us know of what KI's plans are? I suppose we just need to wait and see..
"I'm guessing that most of their players ( who are kids ) don't even have a phone."
You'd be surprised.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
As I see it, there are about 3 types of people on the boards when approaching this subject of a new world:

1. People who wonder why we haven't had a world in 2 years, 5 months, 1 week, and 6 days and post boards like these.

2. People who have tried to be patient and enjoyed the updates and are now growing restless.

3. People like me who are take every update as a sign that our world will be approaching us and the KI hasn't given up hope.

Seriously, KI has given us updates at all. Toontown didn't do anything for at least 2 years before it went belly up. Don't look at updates with disappointment that there's no new worlds, but rather with joy that KI still pays us mind and is trying their best to keep us paying. As a person who enjoys creative writing, it's hard to get that perfect story. Sometimes you strike an epiphany, and other times no matter how many times you flip it or twist it, it just feels like it's getting nowhere. The writing team has hit a rough patch, but with this new KI MMO Live Team, perhaps we can get out of the rough, and onto the smooth.

I could list a long list of positives that a world would bring to the community, however keep in mind that KI can't just build a new world on the dime. There is a long and rigorous process that goes into this.

There needs to be a story for the new world.
There need to be side quests
There need to be enemies, companions & NPCs.
There need to be promotions that come with a new level cap.
There need to be new talents/epics for the new level cap.
There need to be tests for this new world and its contents.
There needs to be art and animation for the new world.
There need to be voice actors to record the dialogue.
There needs to be a dialogue written for main quests, side quests, and promotions.
I'm likely forgetting some things, but this is a good idea of what goes down for these worlds.

Look at the benefits of new trainers. Pirates can now get relentless, something unheard of before.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
How about new powers & new more powerful ranks of available talents, attributes & epics to go with these new talents/epics? Let's not forget those. Believe me, we're still in need of many more powers, not just to us pirates, but to our companions, too, & many of our companions need many more powers added.

Oh, and there should be new exclusive quests for our class trainers to receive new powers? There hasn't been those since P101's launch, & they should continue from level 35 & onwards, & until the max cap is reached, & once it's upped again, more class trainer quests will be made, & so on.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
pirate crusher on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Bonnie, how did you put that thing above the link?
Do you mean the quote box? Just click on quote in the post you want to quote.

I don't see anything else above the link, so sorry if that wasn't what you meant.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
I see Pirate101's future as teetering on the edge of a cliff with it slowly crumbling due to erosion.

Yes, there may have been "updates" but they were not needed and are sorely lacking. I don't call ships fun - I will not do the regatta, so I don't really see it as a cohesive 'update.' Nonetheless, there have been 'updates' so maybe I can't quite give up hope yet.

I have been playing since early 2013, before Marleybone and Aquila. I eagerly waited then for new content, and I got it quite soon after (I did have 2 maxed pirates at that time).

Since then, I've amassed 11 65s, slowly working on my last, trying to savor my last pirate available. I remember when Miranda was harder, the older quests, and other changes. I remember the cap being 50.

I am tired, tired of being stuck at 65. There's only so much you can do when you're maxed. I have finished all the main quests, all the side quests, I have at least 2 of every class and then 3 of two others. I have done this all so many times that, quite frankly, I'm bored.

Yet, I'm not so bored to keep coming back. I've recently come back from a 5 month break, to finish my last pirate... but after that, what's next?
What do I do?
I don't do regatta. I'm closer and closer to having 100 towers. I don't arena. I don't buy crowns.

Can we have a new world yet? I'm tired of Wizards getting all the updates, I've tried the Rise and Destroy game - it's not for me. I just want to keep playing my favorite game - Pirate101.

Whether that cliff is going to stabilize soon or keep eroding away, I don't know. But I'm flailing along in the air trying to hold onto the ever-receding cliff.
I really, really hope that the cliff makes me excited to play Pirate101 again with a new world update. I really, really do.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Whaaaaaat? You want a new story update? I had no idea, and I'm sure KI didn't either!

Hehe, I'm kidding. *warmly extends hand to shake* Name's Lizzy, I'm an old friend.

I'm one of the players who's been around seemingly forever. I've loved playing Wizard101 since I was ten years old, and when Pirate101 came out a little while later, I was a skeptical wizard at first, but found my heart changing into that of a good-natured pirate. I was thrilled when Marleybone and Aquila came out, I was so happy that I rushed through Mooshu to experience it! Marleybone and Aquila were exhilarating, the Armada gave me the chills and I loved being able to participate in my favorite mythologies. Beautifully done, KingsIsle

All too soon, I found the storyline over. I've been stuck in the terrible vortex of waiting for the next book of my favorite series to come out, and thought it precarious I had to wait a year. Now we've waited over two years for the next story update... Yes, it's a little taxing. I've been one of the many to stick around as long as my patience lasted, and then, I simply left... I left both games, and check into Pirate101 only every once in a while to see how the story's going.

This is one of those times... And I'm shocked to find that Polaris is goin' on in Wizard101? My pirate-y feathers are ruffled! I remember feeling cheated when they did the same thing with releasing Pirate101's Aquila into Wizard101, and the wizards got to tangle with the gods...

Yet, I am no programmer. I'm no gaming programmer, heck, I'm not some multi-million-dollar-gaming-corporation. I wouldn't know what it's like to try and keep millions upon millions of players happy. It's a lot of pressure, and KingsIsle has done so well. I love these games, and obviously, I'm not the only one. Blind Mew himself said that this time they're going for more quality in their content as opposed to more quantity – you know what that means?

When KingsIsle does update Pirate101, it's going to be awesome!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Let's not forget that starting with Khrysalis in W101, the team made special moments in the W101 storyline that took dynamic world changing cinematics, custom-made character animations, & storytelling to a whole new level that rocked our worlds, with original cutscene music included at the end of Khrysalis about Old Cob's true revelations from defeating Morganthe, & will continue on with later worlds to come, & Polaris, on Test now, is that world, & more afterwards, & no doubt that these kind of moments seen in Khrysalis, & soon, Polaris, will heavily influence upcoming story updates to P101.

As Professor Falmea said before in the Dec 2013 Producer's Letter in W101's website about what they did in Khrysalis, with key exampled of some said scenes included...

"The slightly smaller amount of land mass allowed us to focus more on some really cool moments in the story and bring them up to a new level. If you’ve seen the scene with Dyvim and the Brood Mother, or Dorian's bombing run on the Honeycomb Gate, you’ll know what we’re talking about."

So, with these kind of special moments made in Khrysalis, & soon, Polaris, what they did will affect later story updates to come for P101, & no doubt they will rock our worlds in P101, just like they did in W101. Perhaps that would be one of those reasons why the story updates got delayed, & I understand & respect them for it, especially Falmea. I know what she means by it, in a way.

When, & only when, P101's next story update arrives to Test, & soon Live, be prepared to see more new special moments in the storyline that will rock our worlds in P101. Have patience, Pirates. Our adventures will continue soon enough.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
It has been 2 years though......