Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay -- Costume Party!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sam Underhill on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
Sam barely got out the way of the duo rushing out the door. 'Some party,' he thought, then deposited his chocolate goodie bag collection on the table with the other delectables. He waved to everyone, then began to load his plate with the fine assortment of offerings. He would have tried everything, but he wasn't the size of a Bear. So he stuck to the basics (if it looked chocolate).

How nice, an actual evening off from pirating. Just a chance to eat a bit, chat up his friends, eat, dance, eat some more, drink lots of Yum!, have more dessert (again), play daft party games, eat, then back to the ship. What could possibly go gnorw?

He took of the wolf's head. "Say, anyone want to tell Boochbeard and Gandry stories?"
"Emma, Kiera, this is Sam," Anne introduced the boy beside her. "He's pretty silly, but you could never get a more loyal friend," Anne added laughing. She suddenly froze,

"Wait, do you hear that?" She tilted her head towards the distant sound. "Someone is fighting outside! Come on, let's go!" Anne pointed rather wildly towards the courtyard, then wrestled briefly with one of the pocket panniers that held her elegant petticoats out to the side.

After a moment, Anne fished out a rapier, and held it up triumphantly. "Pocket panniers can be so useful!" she crowed smugly, and hastened towards the sounds of battle.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy stood up sharply, feeling immediate anger when Warwick mentioned that all they could do was wait for it to happen. I'd rather die and try to prevent it than live and watch it happen. She shook her head as she shook away her anger, then began to pace quickly but calmly, warming herself up while thinking at the same time. She replied to Warwick with a level head, shoving aside her own emotions and instead reacting with what she believed would benefit the situation the most. "Okay, so, we know that Valencia - er, the clockworks - are going to try and take over Marleybone and Monquista. Tensions are high in between these two nations anyway -- maybe the clockworks don't need to have a full-scale invasion, if they just start a war between the two and then strike the final blow, crumbling the two worlds and conquering them in the process."

She rubbed her chin while she paused, thinking. "Anything could be possible, really. But I can't just wait for it to happen. I'm going to go and warn the Marleybonian Military about the possible attack." Lizzy walked back up to Warwick, resting her hand on his shoulder. "I don't know if I could do it by myself. Who would believe a little pirate girl? Do you think you could help me?"

"...sushi!" Alura's voice carried with the breeze over to Lizzy and Warwick, which caused Lizzy to laugh out loud. She shook her head with a smile. "I'll be right back." Lizzy teleported to her friend and found herself close to the edge and staring down into the courtyard where Warwick is and Lizzy was seconds ago, evident by the emerald green sparkles that still glittered in the air from her teleport. Her eyes widened and she backed away hurriedly, bumping into something extremely large and extremely muscular.

A cutthroat grinned down at her, revealing all of its sharp, pearly-white teeth. Lizzy yelped and spun quickly, accidentally slapping the cutthroat with the back of her hand and sending him sprawling into the others.

I'm wearing a dress, she thought, I have no weapons, Lizzy grit her teeth, and it's cold.

So to end the fight quickly, Lizzy darted in between the massive hulls known as the cutthroats and jabbed each of them in a nerve, making them all gasp from shock then loose control of their limbs and fall to the ground. After they had all fallen, Lizzy was in the middle of what seemed to be a sea of sharks, all of which glared at her and waited to get control of their limbs again. For the fun of it, though, she left a good ten of them for Kai, Alura, and Warwick, knowing that the cutthroats were no real threat. She had fought three minotaurs at once in the past, and knew that the people by her side had accomplished similar goals, she might as well let them have fun with the cutthroats.

"And that's how it's done." Lizzy said with a wink to Alura.
Alura glared at Lizzy, trying to keep her growing frustration under control but said nothing. With a quick snap of her fingers, Alura was masked in a cloud of smoke; in just a few seconds it cleared revealing her in a black cloak with purple and yellow lighting streaks. She grabbed a long gold tipped and black handled cane off her back as her choice of weapon and dove into the smaller mass of cutthroats.

Lizzy's jaw dropped slightly upon seeing Alura's quick outfit change, but she shook her head as she shook away her surprise and then spoke to Alura, oblivious to the other swashbuckler's anger.'' That's so cool, Alura! Do you think you could show me how to do that sometime?''

Alura hooked a cutthroat by the neck and wrestled it to the earth, getting ready to fling him into the tower wall until she heard Lizzy's voice. The cutthroat took the opportunity to grab her ankle and slammed Alura to the ground, knocking all of the breath from her body. It reclaimed its sword while she was still sprawled out trying to maintain consciousness.

Lizzy faltered, momentarily shocked that a cutthroat could so easily gain an advantage in a fight against Alura, and after getting over her sudden dismay she launched herself at the cutthroat, unafraid to hurt it.

Alura opened one of her eyes to see Lizzy charging for the cutthroat that was looking down on her with his sword drawn and ready to strike. Its eyes flickered from Alura to behind him, almost as if he was unsure of what to do. Suddenly, the cutthroat spun on his heel redirecting its attack to Lizzy but before the sword came into contact with her friend, Alura grabbed her cane again, rolled back onto her feet, and sprinted between the cutthroat and Lizzy. She lifted her cane to stop the attack then rammed the cutthroat with her head, sending him spiraling into another. Alura took a deep breath and finally spoke to Lizzy. '' Are... are you okay?''

Lizzy shook like a phoenix in Polaris, her eyes wide. '' I'm fine, just a little shaken.'' Lizzy said while backing away from the fight but was there if needed.

Alura smirked at Lizzy then joined the fight once more, her vision slightly blurred from hitting the ground.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Sam grabbed his ever present dagger, looked at Anne, then headed back out the door. Ready to face whatever, he was pleasantly surprised by the sight of so many cutthroat pirates already lying on the ground. He looked about for more, but not seeing any, strolled over as a treasure chest popped open.

"So, anybody know these party crashers?" he gently inquired.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Alura glared at Lizzy, trying to keep her growing frustration under control but said nothing. With a quick snap of her fingers, Alura was masked in a cloud of smoke; in just a few seconds it cleared revealing her in a black cloak with purple and yellow lighting streaks. She grabbed a long gold tipped and black handled cane off her back as her choice of weapon and dove into the smaller mass of cutthroats.

Lizzy's jaw dropped slightly upon seeing Alura's quick outfit change, but she shook her head as she shook away her surprise and then spoke to Alura, oblivious to the other swashbuckler's anger.'' That's so cool, Alura! Do you think you could show me how to do that sometime?''

Alura hooked a cutthroat by the neck and wrestled it to the earth, getting ready to fling him into the tower wall until she heard Lizzy's voice. The cutthroat took the opportunity to grab her ankle and slammed Alura to the ground, knocking all of the breath from her body. It reclaimed its sword while she was still sprawled out trying to maintain consciousness.

Lizzy faltered, momentarily shocked that a cutthroat could so easily gain an advantage in a fight against Alura, and after getting over her sudden dismay she launched herself at the cutthroat, unafraid to hurt it.

Alura opened one of her eyes to see Lizzy charging for the cutthroat that was looking down on her with his sword drawn and ready to strike. Its eyes flickered from Alura to behind him, almost as if he was unsure of what to do. Suddenly, the cutthroat spun on his heel redirecting its attack to Lizzy but before the sword came into contact with her friend, Alura grabbed her cane again, rolled back onto her feet, and sprinted between the cutthroat and Lizzy. She lifted her cane to stop the attack then rammed the cutthroat with her head, sending him spiraling into another. Alura took a deep breath and finally spoke to Lizzy. '' Are... are you okay?''

Lizzy shook like a phoenix in Polaris, her eyes wide. '' I'm fine, just a little shaken.'' Lizzy said while backing away from the fight but was there if needed.

Alura smirked at Lizzy then joined the fight once more, her vision slightly blurred from hitting the ground.
While charging into the fray, a Cutthroat was preparing to strike her from behind. His sword was raised high, but before he brought it down, a metal-tipped quarterstaff hit him over the head, knocking him out cold. When Alura turned around…
"Nobody Expects the Holy Monquisition!" shouted Omar dressed as a high ranking Monquistador, including fear, a big hat, Surprise, Ruthless Efficiency, a nice red uniform, and an Almost Fanatic Devotion to the Church.
He then exchanged greetings with Alura and quickly bowed toward Lizzy before running into the Cutthroat crowd, his staff swinging wildly in his hand and smashing into Sharks all over the place

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
While charging into the fray, a Cutthroat was preparing to strike her from behind. His sword was raised high, but before he brought it down, a metal-tipped quarterstaff hit him over the head, knocking him out cold. When Alura turned around…
"Nobody Expects the Holy Monquisition!" shouted Omar dressed as a high ranking Monquistador, including fear, a big hat, Surprise, Ruthless Efficiency, a nice red uniform, and an Almost Fanatic Devotion to the Church.
He then exchanged greetings with Alura and quickly bowed toward Lizzy before running into the Cutthroat crowd, his staff swinging wildly in his hand and smashing into Sharks all over the place
OOC: Funny! Very very funny!

Alura couldn't help giggling at Omar's Holy Monquisition impression but as he disappeared in the diminishing sea of cutthroats a thought occurred. Omar just saved her life! What was going on? She never needed anyone's help with cutthroats before! Maybe it was just the hit to the head she took from the fall; although, there was no explanation for her messing up and falling in the first place! The thought lingered for a moment but she just shook it away and rejoined the fight. Looking up, Alura saw that a few cutthroats had surrounded her, not that it mattered. She charged her cane with storm magic and stunned them with a single burst of energy. '' Now this is more like it! '' She said with triumph.

Alura gazed up the tower, wondering how many cutthroats where left. She pulled up her hood, dug her cane into a hole in the tower, pulled back and flung herself up to the top in a matter of seconds; landing silently on the roof. Peering over the edge to examine the battle, she realized that almost all of the cutthroats had fallen; leaving none of her friends with a single injury. '' Strange, a group of cutthroats in Marleybone has never been heard of. What if there're more! '' Alura thought alarmingly as she surveyed the rest of the area. She found nothing but that didn't mean none were out there. "After the fight is done I'll search the rest of the Isle of Hounds to make sure it's safe." She thought once more while jumping off the tower and landing on top of some cutthroats.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Sam Underhill on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Sam grabbed his ever present dagger, looked at Anne, then headed back out the door. Ready to face whatever, he was pleasantly surprised by the sight of so many cutthroat pirates already lying on the ground. He looked about for more, but not seeing any, strolled over as a treasure chest popped open.

"So, anybody know these party crashers?" he gently inquired.
"Well. The Cutthroat Templar, a group that originates from Valencia, have a longstanding rivalry with the Brotherhood. Recently, they have been succesfully capturing us, so they may have followed me here. Let me check their pockets to see if I am right."
Kai reached down, then turned an unconscious cutthroat over. It had a strange symbol on his belt.

"Everyone inside." He commanded, looking urgently to the skies. "Everything is fine."
A hawk flies overhead. Kai nods, and the eagle seems to nod back. It grows huge, and sweeps down to push the pirates into the party. Kai closes and locks the door.
"Is anyone still out here?" He asks, before seeing a large ship in the air, of Valencia origins. It can be seen through the glass roof of the building, and flies as a flag the same symbol as the belt.
Kai runs inside and quickly changes into wizard robes and hat.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Dino was just arriving (dressed as a Monquisitor) when the cutthroats attacked. He quickly got some spells ready and charged in, blasting out pulses of electricity all the way. He eventually got hit by a cutthroat knife, retreating to a corner and bandaging before casting spells from the shadows.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
hey, guys..*head scratch* umm...dont you all think there's just a bit too many roleplays?

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Kai Alcott on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
"Well. The Cutthroat Templar, a group that originates from Valencia, have a longstanding rivalry with the Brotherhood. Recently, they have been succesfully capturing us, so they may have followed me here. Let me check their pockets to see if I am right."
Kai reached down, then turned an unconscious cutthroat over. It had a strange symbol on his belt.

"Everyone inside." He commanded, looking urgently to the skies. "Everything is fine."
A hawk flies overhead. Kai nods, and the eagle seems to nod back. It grows huge, and sweeps down to push the pirates into the party. Kai closes and locks the door.
"Is anyone still out here?" He asks, before seeing a large ship in the air, of Valencia origins. It can be seen through the glass roof of the building, and flies as a flag the same symbol as the belt.
OOC: Hey Kai, Lizzy and I were wondering if our characters could be apart of the Brotherhood too. If it's like the one in Assassin's Creed they should accept girls right?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
"Emma, Kiera, this is Sam," Anne introduced the boy beside her. "He's pretty silly, but you could never get a more loyal friend," Anne added laughing. She suddenly froze,

"Wait, do you hear that?" She tilted her head towards the distant sound. "Someone is fighting outside! Come on, let's go!" Anne pointed rather wildly towards the courtyard, then wrestled briefly with one of the pocket panniers that held her elegant petticoats out to the side.

After a moment, Anne fished out a rapier, and held it up triumphantly. "Pocket panniers can be so useful!" she crowed smugly, and hastened towards the sounds of battle.
Emma stood solemnly, but in moments, she dropped the wooden staff to the ground and after reaching for two small buttons on her concealed iron bracelets, sharp and slightly curved violet claws extended in a menacing manner. Hidden weapons always did some good things for her. Especially these- the weapons she put months of her time into constructing, and even more in finding the materials. Another button press and they glowed like lasers charged them, surging through the weapons dangerously. But before she could blink, the battle seemed to withdraw.. The blonde remained outside, and she watched from a shadowed area as that Kai kid she noticed earlier explained something about Templars. (OOC: Now I KNOW you've been playing a lot of Assassin's Creed. :P Never played them for myself, but I continue to have an intrigue by them.)

"Oh well," she murmured solemnly." I suppose it doesn't matter." The claws retracted with another button, and the blonde turned. She wished silently and in a slightly embarrassed manner that she was wearing her claw accompanying outfit- when she turned and her cape billowed, it looked so awesomely dramatic.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Speed Switch on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
hey, guys..*head scratch* umm...dont you all think there's just a bit too many roleplays?
OOC: There's no such thing. Roleplays are a great way for us all to have fun and get to know each other in story writing and leading our creative characters though tribulations and fun alike.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Uh... I don't care, personally, but you're all just suddenly going to be master assassins? OK!
Just, don't forgot the Cutthroat Templar.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
OOC: There's no such thing. Roleplays are a great way for us all to have fun and get to know each other in story writing and leading our creative characters though tribulations and fun alike.
Thats true, but thats not for the message boards see? the message boards are for Pirate101, but its being treated more like a socializing center. i dont say a couple roleplays isnt good stuff, but you all have over 30... see what i mean?

sorry i don't mean to come off negative or offensive, i hope you all understand. to be honest i think The Tavern it self is too off pirate101 topics

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Speed Switch on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Thats true, but thats not for the message boards see? the message boards are for Pirate101, but its being treated more like a socializing center. i dont say a couple roleplays isnt good stuff, but you all have over 30... see what i mean?

sorry i don't mean to come off negative or offensive, i hope you all understand. to be honest i think The Tavern it self is too off pirate101 topics
Well, yea The Tavern is off of pirate101 stuff but it makes the message boards super fun. I would probably never get on the boards without the funny and awesome topics in The Tavern, its all I read

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Well, yea The Tavern is off of pirate101 stuff but it makes the message boards super fun. I would probably never get on the boards without the funny and awesome topics in The Tavern, its all I read
Hmm... i guess..

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Kai Alcott on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:

Alura stepped into the shadows, masking the design on her cloak so she was completely hidden, as Kai ordered everyone inside. '' Hmm, I wonder what all this is about. What are you concealing from us Kai? Maybe that Cutthroat's belt has something to do with it. '' Alura thought with a hint of curiosity. She was about to step out the shadows until... '' Is anyone still out here? ''... freezing at the sound of Kai's voice. '' How does he know I'm here!? I haven't made a single sound!'' Alura gritted her teeth, but as Kai ran away towards the building she walked out of her hiding place, letting out a sigh of relief. Looking down at the Cutthroat's belt, she saw a strange symbol that looked vaguely familiar. Then it hit her... Cutthroat Templars!

Alura looked up into the sky and saw the Valencian ship flying overhead with a similar flag design as the one on the belt. There where so many but they wouldn't just go after Kai with those numbers. So, what did they want? '' Wait a minute... they must want all of us! '' Alura thought in horror, stumbling backwards and tripping over a knocked out Cutthroat; landing on the ground with a loud thud. She slowly got up, her vision blurry and her head spinning. Alura decided to stand there for a moment to wait for her senses to come back, no caring if any Cutthroats saw her.

OOC: Lizzy and I have changed our minds about being assassins, Kai. But thanks for giving us permission to be a part of the Brotherhood.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: My last post said I change into a wizard costume. Isn't a set of white robes a good costume anyways? That's what I'm still wearing.

Kai quickly climbed the wall of the building, then cut a small hole in the roof. He swung on the ledge out the hole, landing on the roof. Another few cutthroats come down, one to get Kai, two to try to subdue the pirates below.
Kai quickly defeated his, then, deciding the pirates can handle themselves, launched a grappling hook onto the templar ship. He rushed up, drops a colorfully exploding firework bomb on deck, then jumps off.
The ship explodes like a firework as Kai breaths a sigh of relief.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Kai Alcott on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
OOC: My last post said I change into a wizard costume. Isn't a set of white robes a good costume anyways? That's what I'm still wearing.

Kai quickly climbed the wall of the building, then cut a small hole in the roof. He swung on the ledge out the hole, landing on the roof. Another few cutthroats come down, one to get Kai, two to try to subdue the pirates below.
Kai quickly defeated his, then, deciding the pirates can handle themselves, launched a grappling hook onto the templar ship. He rushed up, drops a colorfully exploding firework bomb on deck, then jumps off.
The ship explodes like a firework as Kai breaths a sigh of relief.
Alura looked up into the sky as she heard an explosion and saw the last remains of the Templar ship falling to the ground. She smirked when she spotted Kai on the roof of the building, predicting that he was the cause of the ship's defeat. '' Hey Kai! You don't really think that was the only ship they had do you? '' Alura shouted while she pointed towards a dark cloud over the Isle of Hounds. A whole fleet of Templar ships emerged from the darkness with cutthroats practically raining from them. She was taken aback at how many there where and decided that her streak of mess ups had to go! '' No more falling Alura, just keep to the shadows and wait for your chance to strike and don't get distracted again!'' She shook her head clear of any unsure thoughts and looked to her allies. '' Is everyone ready? I think I have a plan... each of the 7 ships should have a commander if I'm not mistaken. If we beat those guys then the whole fleet should turn tail, but be careful I hear they're tough; then again, so are we! ''

Before joining the battle, Alura checked the party to find Natalie on the floor in pain with Tanner and a few more guests around her. Someone had to protect them, but who? Then a familiar voice speaks from behind her with the sound of heavy paws. '' I think we can help with that. It would seem that this party of yours and Lizzy's has become a great deal of fun so I thought we might as well come.'' Alura spun around to see her sister and Blaze standing on the grass of the courtyard, ready to help. '' Rowan, I'm so glad you're here! Can you and Blaze guard the door to make sure no cutthroats get in? Tanner should help with Natalie's wounds so I think as long as we give him the opportunity she'll be battle ready soon enough. ''

'' Aw, that's all we get to do!? You're no fun. Fine, I'll guard the front door and Blaze will guard around back. ''

'' Perfect! Thank you so much! '' Alura exclaimed. She darted towards her friends to bring them the news. ''Rowan and Blaze are here to make sure everyone in the party is safe! Are you guys and gals ready too?''

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Kai whistles, prompting a small eagle to fly onto his shoulder. He placed it on the ground, and it grew large.
Kai flies on its back to each ship. He tosses a bomb on one- down. Two- down. Three- Out of bombs!
He dives onto the third ship and begins battle, quickly throwing most of the sharks overboard. The commander storms out.
"Borgia." Kai mutters, charging at the muscular shark. He throws Kai against a wall. No, he throws a double. Kai jumps down from the sails, quickly sending out another whistle. Two unicorns jump onto the ship from eagles above, readying their blades for combat.
Commander Borgia charges, the three all get out of the way. Random Assassin #1 jumps on his back, pulling him backwards. Kai prepares a burst of hoodoo in his hands, as the last assassin is taken hostage by a grinning cutthroat. Kai gasps, then pulls his own sword out. He charges, but not soon enough! 2 is thrown into the hands of another Templar, leaving Kai against Borgia.
Kai wastes no time in blocking off the doors, then engages his bitter enemy.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Kai Alcott on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
Kai whistles, prompting a small eagle to fly onto his shoulder. He placed it on the ground, and it grew large.
Kai flies on its back to each ship. He tosses a bomb on one- down. Two- down. Three- Out of bombs!
He dives onto the third ship and begins battle, quickly throwing most of the sharks overboard. The commander storms out.
"Borgia." Kai mutters, charging at the muscular shark. He throws Kai against a wall. No, he throws a double. Kai jumps down from the sails, quickly sending out another whistle. Two unicorns jump onto the ship from eagles above, readying their blades for combat.
Commander Borgia charges, the three all get out of the way. Random Assassin #1 jumps on his back, pulling him backwards. Kai prepares a burst of hoodoo in his hands, as the last assassin is taken hostage by a grinning cutthroat. Kai gasps, then pulls his own sword out. He charges, but not soon enough! 2 is thrown into the hands of another Templar, leaving Kai against Borgia.
Kai wastes no time in blocking off the doors, then engages his bitter enemy.
As drastic as the situation was, Lizzy couldn't help looking upward in awe and gazing at the fireworks, the colors reflecting in her eyes. It was so beautiful, the magnificent colors reflecting against the dark Marleybonian sky. This world could really use some light and color, and Kai had provided just that. Lizzy was grateful to him for this.

But this wasn't enough to make up for the hole in the roof, or the fact that Kai had led the cutthroats here, or that Kai had directed that weird huge eagle to shove her inside where she and the others would be most vulnerable, crowded and cramped, unable to efficiently defend one's self without the room to do so. Not the smartest thing in the world, in Lizzy's opinion. She tore her gaze away from the fireworks and opened the doors, allowing fresh air to come in and giving the others some space. Besides, her claustrophobia was flaring up, and it was making her uncomfortable with so many other people in the room. Lizzy quickly changed into the spare armor that she had brought just in case (in fact, it was her old Sudrilund armor, and she couldn't help but pause to bring the fabric of the cape up to her cheek), then scurried outside, still weaponless and feeling exposed. There was no way she could reach the cutthroat ships, and there was nothing she could do but sit tight and watch.

Well, maybe there was something she could do.

Lizzy rushed back inside and found her friends, Anne, Emma, Keira, Rowan, Warwick, and that boy that had shown up in a wolf costume. "Hey guys!" She hugged Emma, Keira, and Rowan, and shook the boy's hand. "I'm sorry that we're under these kind of conditions," she spoke, obviously stressed and wishing that for once in her life she could be with her friends without anyone's life on the line, "but we need to talk. I'd like Alura to be here too, but she seems a little busy at the moment..." She took in a deep breath.

"The armada's planning on attacking Marleybone and Monquista at the same time, taking both of The Spiral Powers by force and showing the rest of The Spiral that if even the great Marleybonian army could fall, the rest of The Spiral would stand no chance. I'm going to go warn the Marleybonian Military about this attack, but I think that we should do more than this. I think we should split into two groups, one warning Monquista and the other warning Marleybone, each group defending each world."

Her expression was tense, though through the tenseness, her group of friends could read something else in her. A plea. A cry for help. Lizzy needed them, and she looked at each individual with scared earnest. Please.

Out of the corner of her eye, though, she saw a cutthroat. She whirled around, only to find that it was a boy in a costume. Lizzy recognized him. Connor. Her heart crawled into her throat when she saw who he was accompanied by. Not now! She thought, terrified. She marched over to them all the same and requested their help as well, on guard. "Could you do it? Please?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Again, Kai whistles. A group of unicorns block each exit, drawing their weapons.
"The stormgates are not open for travel." One who seems like the leader proclaims. "The brotherhood, by order of the supreme commander, has blocked all travel routes out of Marleybone. Our enemies are all gathered on this realm, and we cannot allow them to escape."
Borgia Cutthroat hits the ground with a loud Thud! Kai jumps down, landing on the unconscious shark.
"What he means is, until we finish up, the leader says no one leaves."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
As drastic as the situation was, Lizzy couldn't help looking upward in awe and gazing at the fireworks, the colors reflecting in her eyes. It was so beautiful, the magnificent colors reflecting against the dark Marleybonian sky. This world could really use some light and color, and Kai had provided just that. Lizzy was grateful to him for this.

But this wasn't enough to make up for the hole in the roof, or the fact that Kai had led the cutthroats here, or that Kai had directed that weird huge eagle to shove her inside where she and the others would be most vulnerable, crowded and cramped, unable to efficiently defend one's self without the room to do so. Not the smartest thing in the world, in Lizzy's opinion. She tore her gaze away from the fireworks and opened the doors, allowing fresh air to come in and giving the others some space. Besides, her claustrophobia was flaring up, and it was making her uncomfortable with so many other people in the room. Lizzy quickly changed into the spare armor that she had brought just in case (in fact, it was her old Sudrilund armor, and she couldn't help but pause to bring the fabric of the cape up to her cheek), then scurried outside, still weaponless and feeling exposed. There was no way she could reach the cutthroat ships, and there was nothing she could do but sit tight and watch.

Lizzy rushed back inside and found her friends, Anne, Emma, Keira, Rowan, Warwick, and that boy that had shown up in a wolf costume. "Hey guys!" She hugged Emma, Keira, and Rowan, and shook the boy's hand. "I'm sorry that we're under these kind of conditions," she spoke, obviously stressed and wishing that for once in her life she could be with her friends without anyone's life on the line, "but we need to talk. I'd like Alura to be here too, but she seems a little busy at the moment..." She took in a deep breath.

"The armada's planning on attacking Marleybone and Monquista at the same time, taking both of The Spiral Powers by force and showing the rest of The Spiral that if even the great Marleybonian army could fall, the rest of The Spiral would stand no chance. I'm going to go warn the Marleybonian Military about this attack, but I think that we should do more than this. I think we should split into two groups, one warning Monquista and the other warning Marleybone, each group defending each world."

Her expression was tense, though through the tenseness, her group of friends could read something else in her. A plea. A cry for help. Lizzy needed them, and she looked at each individual with scared earnest. Please.

Out of the corner of her eye, though, she saw a cutthroat. She whirled around, only to find that it was a boy in a costume. Lizzy recognized him. Connor. Her heart crawled into her throat when she saw who he was accompanied by. Not now! She thought, terrified. She marched over to them all the same and requested their help as well, on guard. "Could you do it? Please?"
Warwick, having been fighting for most of the happenings, picked himself up. He hadn't yet gained a scratch, as his technique had gotten better since he had last been in Marleybone. He joined Lizzy, nodding to her in his, 'Here's an idea!' fashion. Warwick winked to the six and pushed himself from the wall.

"I have a ship, so I could get going and let Doggett know in -" Warwick stopped in the middle of his sentence as reality came into a better view. For one, he couldn't go alone. For another, however...

I've annoyed people before...but not as fast. Warwick's face grew redder. He regained his composure within seconds, then clasping his hands.

"Alright, new plan." Warwick took a step forward, "I like Lizzy's plan. Some of us can stay in Marleybone while others of us get ground in Monquista. By warning the Marleybonian Military," Warwick added, folding his arms and leaning against the wall, "You're warning me." He turned to the rest of the crowd. "Captain Warwick Orleans, in service of Her Majesty the Queen."

---

OOC: I expect Warwick to be somewhat snobbish in his current state - if he's short with any characters, I don't mean it as a personal gesture. Warwick tends to be a little...gruff, is all.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012

OOC: You're here!!!! Welcome back Bacon, it's great to see you on the boards again!

Alura looked around and saw the figures of her friends disappear before her very eyes like they where never there. '' Maybe that knock to the head affected me more than I thought. Well that's great, now I was just talking to myself. '' Alura said under her breath. She ran back to the party to find her friends but stopped near door as she heard Lizzy speaking. In a slight panic, she rushed to a secluded place so that the conversation was still audible but Alura would stay unseen.

Rowan shoved Lizzy away as the swashbuckler tried to hug her then listened to the plan. '' Hmph, look Tudor... you might be friends with my sister but you and I will never know the same thing. I'm staying out of this until I hear Alura's decision.'' Without another word, Rowan stormed out of the building only to run into her younger sister as she rounded the corner. The two girls looked at each other with questioning expressions, then finally, Rowan spoke. '' What do you want to do about this? Just leave and pretend nothing ever happened... or help Elizabeth. '' She said with obvious annoyance. Alura cracked a smile and rested her hand on Rowan's shoulder. '' I can tell you don't want to help Lizzy but I think you could be a great help. ''

'' Oh yea? Tell me how! ''

'' You could scout around the stormgates and see if anything is wrong, then report back to Lizzy and the rest of the group. ''

'' Nice try sis, but I take orders from no one! ''

'' But you won't be, this was never Lizzy's order and you would still be helping all of us. If you don't want to do this for Lizzy, then I know you'll do it for me. '' Alura said while she pulled Rowan in for a hug. Rowan was reluctant at first but soon returned the nice gesture. '' Fine, I'll do it for you... but if these friends of yours get on my nerves you can forget it. '' Rowan broke away from her sister and ran towards the Isle of Hounds Docks. She unbottled her ship, The Mighty Manticore, and rushed to the nearest stormgate. As she approached, Rowan could see a group of Brotherhood ships around it, obviously guarding the entrance to Marleybone. '' Alura, your friends from the Brotherhood are blocking the gates. What do you think they're doing? ''

When Alura heard the news from Rowan she walked into the party, knowing exactly what the group of assassins where doing. '' It would seem Kai's Brotherhood friends are blocking the stormgates until the Templars leave. Should I tell Rowan to knock some heads? '' She said with a smirk to all of the group. Alura walked past the two boys at the entrance and joined her friends, happy to be back with everyone again.

OOC: Whoa, this roleplay is getting juicy... I love it!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Anne had been alert, ready, and armed with the rapier she had extricated from her pocket panniers, but had not seen a foe come near by, and had been truthfully confused at the turns of events. She was relieved to hear Lizzy give a rational summary. She smiled warmly at her friend.

"Of course, Elizabeth," Anne willingly volunteered, and hesitated. Which group should she join? Anne felt a great sense of obligation to Marleybone, fueled by many things, but especially guilt. Then again, Gortez was a good friend and she had heard how much better things already were in Monquista under his benign rule.

Then she saw Lizzy's face go pale and drawn, her eyes briefly go wide and blank, then march away determinedly to another group. She's frightened of something - or someone, Anne realized. Sturdy and resilient, Anne feared very little, save a very healthy fear of the Armada (which showed she had some sense). Her friend showing fear brought out all Anne's instincts for loyalty and protectiveness.

"Wait for me, Lizzy!" she called out, hurrying over to Elizabeth's side. Anne smiled sunnily, as if there was no snapping tension in the air. "I'll come with you, if you'll have me. I just hope we won't have to go through narrow doors," she added, looking ruefully at her gown that she had been so delighted in a short time earlier, the petticoats splayed out wide at the hips by means of the pocket panniers. Oh dear, her companions were going to have a field day of "I-told-you-so": Ratbeard, Subodai, and Bonnie Anne had recommended that she bring a change of clothing with her. But Anne had wanted to be unburdened by baggage. Oops. At least her pockets had a few useful things that could come in handy, and being armed with one of her favorite weapons was definitely a consolation.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Out of the clouds, a ship of Valencian orgin sails up, launching cannons at the Templar Cutthroats. They raise their sails, another strange image resembling the Templar one. Unicorns swing by ropes onto the Cutthroat ships.
"So, where ya going?" Kai asks, following Lizzy by rooftops.