Roleplay -- Costume Party!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
DS Devereaux on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Warwick, having been fighting for most of the happenings, picked himself up. He hadn't yet gained a scratch, as his technique had gotten better since he had last been in Marleybone. He joined Lizzy, nodding to her in his, 'Here's an idea!' fashion. Warwick winked to the six and pushed himself from the wall.

"I have a ship, so I could get going and let Doggett know in -" Warwick stopped in the middle of his sentence as reality came into a better view. For one, he couldn't go alone. For another, however...

I've annoyed people before...but not as fast. Warwick's face grew redder. He regained his composure within seconds, then clasping his hands.

"Alright, new plan." Warwick took a step forward, "I like Lizzy's plan. Some of us can stay in Marleybone while others of us get ground in Monquista. By warning the Marleybonian Military," Warwick added, folding his arms and leaning against the wall, "You're warning me." He turned to the rest of the crowd. "Captain Warwick Orleans, in service of Her Majesty the Queen."

---

OOC: I expect Warwick to be somewhat snobbish in his current state - if he's short with any characters, I don't mean it as a personal gesture. Warwick tends to be a little...gruff, is all.
Despite the seriousness of the situation, Anne had to swallow a giggle at Warwick's pompous attitude. As if a number of the rest of us weren't technically captains in the Marlebonian Navy, the thought sailed merrily through her mind. But Anne had been trained well by her ninja pig foster parents. Always show politeness. Never be ruled by first impressions. These were just two of the precepts that came to mind. After all, she did not know this young man, who might well be a captain who gained ranks in the ordinary way, as opposed to the rather "irregular" fashion she had done.

Anne's fingers automatically twitched to remove her hat and bow politely in deference to his words and station, remembering an instant later that she was not dressed in her usual gentleman's suit. She altered her movements to turn into a curtsey instead. Hmm, I'm not really that used to gowns, Anne had to admit to herself, although she loved them. It's a good thing I'm not on some undercover mission where someone would notice that slipup.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
DS Devereaux on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
Warwick, having been fighting for most of the happenings, picked himself up. He hadn't yet gained a scratch, as his technique had gotten better since he had last been in Marleybone. He joined Lizzy, nodding to her in his, 'Here's an idea!' fashion. Warwick winked to the six and pushed himself from the wall.

"I have a ship, so I could get going and let Doggett know in -" Warwick stopped in the middle of his sentence as reality came into a better view. For one, he couldn't go alone. For another, however...

I've annoyed people before...but not as fast. Warwick's face grew redder. He regained his composure within seconds, then clasping his hands.

"Alright, new plan." Warwick took a step forward, "I like Lizzy's plan. Some of us can stay in Marleybone while others of us get ground in Monquista. By warning the Marleybonian Military," Warwick added, folding his arms and leaning against the wall, "You're warning me." He turned to the rest of the crowd. "Captain Warwick Orleans, in service of Her Majesty the Queen."

---

OOC: I expect Warwick to be somewhat snobbish in his current state - if he's short with any characters, I don't mean it as a personal gesture. Warwick tends to be a little...gruff, is all.
"Finally, someone who also has a past with Her Majesty the Queen!" Emma exclaimed in relief, stepping up to shake hands with Warwick. "Great to meet you, Captain Orleans. I'm Captain Emma Everhart, Admiral of the Marleybonian Royal Navy." Emma grinned. "Well, former one, that is!" It was hard to tell by the blonde's spunky demeanor that she had ever seriously partaken in such a task. "Well, right now, I'm an Aztecan priestess." She laughed a little and shrugged.

"Emma.... Quit being so-" Keira began, swiftly cut off by Emma.

"So what?"

"It's just a little... Peculiar to be so happy during what I consider as a serious thing."

"It's like you don't know me, Keira!"

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
"Finally, someone who also has a past with Her Majesty the Queen!" Emma exclaimed in relief, stepping up to shake hands with Warwick. "Great to meet you, Captain Orleans. I'm Captain Emma Everhart, Admiral of the Marleybonian Royal Navy." Emma grinned. "Well, former one, that is!" It was hard to tell by the blonde's spunky demeanor that she had ever seriously partaken in such a task. "Well, right now, I'm an Aztecan priestess." She laughed a little and shrugged.

"Emma.... Quit being so-" Keira began, swiftly cut off by Emma.

"So what?"

"It's just a little... Peculiar to be so happy during what I consider as a serious thing."

"It's like you don't know me, Keira!"
Warwick removed his helmet and bowed to Anne.

"Yes, I was enlisted two years ago," Warwick said, "I captain today the Baskerville Firebrand, albeit without a crew." As Emma spoke, Warwick's face lightened up. "Ah, yes. Admiral Everhart, a pleasure to meet you." As he shook her hand, he was reminded - just for a moment - of all the memories that he had left behind when getting enlisted in the Navy. He swallowed them and stepped back some, trying to remind himself of different words than those he had heard years ago.

"Yes, it might be good to remain in Marleybone for some time," Mycroft Bones had said, sorting papers with his right hand and signing them with his left, "At least while things die down. You, Orleans, are in no obligation to serve. Enjoy yourself, lad!" Warwick smiled and held the Special Intelligence pin closer to his chest, making sure to pin it on as he left the Admiralty Foyer. A skarakeet had greeted him with a wax-sealed letter.

"Well," Warwick continued, "We ought to start making a plan. I say we have two groups, one in each world, and have designated runners. Is anyone here talented with speed? It would be useful to have a few skiffs to get word back and forth. Meanwhile, those of us with Marleybonean pasts could perhaps stick closer to home?" Warwick folded his arms, bearing his trademark grin.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
OOC: I just realized, Kai isn't very smart to be in Marleybone. He broke out of prison here twice and narrowly escaped his own execution.
"Sorry, but noone can leave." Kai states, landing from the top of the building with a thud. He looks around the people, noticing that one of them (Warwick) is a Marleybonian Captain.
"It seems I didn't plan this well." Kai mutters, remembering that Emma is also a Marleybone Admiral.
Then the remaining sharks zipline down.
Kai sighs, then whistles. Three unicorns walk out of the shadows, attacking the cutthroats.
He looks to Emma and Warwick. "So, are you here to arrest me?" He asks, preparing for a fight.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Kai Alcott on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I just realized, Kai isn't very smart to be in Marleybone. He broke out of prison here twice and narrowly escaped his own execution.
"Sorry, but noone can leave." Kai states, landing from the top of the building with a thud. He looks around the people, noticing that one of them (Warwick) is a Marleybonian Captain.
"It seems I didn't plan this well." Kai mutters, remembering that Emma is also a Marleybone Admiral.
Then the remaining sharks zipline down.
Kai sighs, then whistles. Three unicorns walk out of the shadows, attacking the cutthroats.
He looks to Emma and Warwick. "So, are you here to arrest me?" He asks, preparing for a fight.
"Joudan desho?" (Are you kidding me?) Emma shook her head. "Can't catch a break anymore. Every five seconds I get attacked or someone thinks they're so dangerous and feels obligated to fight." The blonde reached for something, pulling a long black bow with violet diamond designs on the front face and extended upward to follow the not entirely circular shape. The bowstring was a mauve color, and Emma drew a lavender arrow and aimed, but as she did, the top ignited in a violet inferno, which lit up the bowstring and arrow in the same indigo blaze. "I'm not going to fight, but attack me and it's this to the face." She coldly hissed before lowering it. "I did imply that I'm a 'former' Marleybonian Admiral, and I intend on returning in the next few years, but until then, I'm just going to take a break from the stress and chill, assisting my two homelands when they need me."

The blonde then turned to Warwick once more. "I was enlisted when I was eleven. Thus, almost seven years ago. I took a temporary break last year, at my six year point." The Musketeer admitted. She had been very devoted to her career after the little incident... Double incident, perhaps she should say. Her foster father's fall at the guns of the rebels was her fault, and she promised herself to avenge him. And then, her own little near death experience... She considered the things of the past, and brushed them off. It wasn't the time to remember those times. "I agree, we better get down to work. After I change into something more practical." The blonde adjusted her violet scarf which was resting over her shoulder, shrouding her black choker with the scarlet gem from view. It was better concealed and protected than openly visible, she believed. "Yea... I'll be right back." She turned and darted off, returning a moment later.

Instead of her elaborate priestess costume, she wore a black jacket with a white strip down the middle with gray lining next to it that spread down and trimmed the coattails on the front, resting over a short gray skirt and black shorts, and grey, thigh high socks with black boots. The metal cuffs around her wrists were much less visible, hidden by the black sleeve cuffs, and two light black belts rested unevenly around her waist. She seemed much more comfortable in the ensemble- a real surprise, judging by how uncomfortable it would seem to the normal eye. And lastly, an ebony cape rested over her shoulders, right next to the collar. Her hand moved to her opposite wrist, and she pressed a button to show off long, violet claws that seemed to be made of bone, and another to light them up with a mauve laser. Joints in the material were hidden by the light, which formed the various curves in the ends.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Kai Alcott on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I just realized, Kai isn't very smart to be in Marleybone. He broke out of prison here twice and narrowly escaped his own execution.
"Sorry, but noone can leave." Kai states, landing from the top of the building with a thud. He looks around the people, noticing that one of them (Warwick) is a Marleybonian Captain.
"It seems I didn't plan this well." Kai mutters, remembering that Emma is also a Marleybone Admiral.
Then the remaining sharks zipline down.
Kai sighs, then whistles. Three unicorns walk out of the shadows, attacking the cutthroats.
He looks to Emma and Warwick. "So, are you here to arrest me?" He asks, preparing for a fight.
Warwick had almost said yes when Kai had proposed the offer. Warwick had seen him taken into Glass House twice, as well as been part of the pursuit effort. What in the blazes was he doing back? Warwick then looked to the three unicorns, the back to Kai. Warwick had attended and spoken at his court hearing - both hearings - and no doubt was recognized by Kai.

"You've been spending time in Valencia," he duly noted, trying to analyze the unicorns' strengths. Either way, the unicorns made Warwick and Emma outnumbered. A fight within a fight would only cause failure regarding the actual problem. He saw the anxiety and slight aggression in Kai's eyes. I was once a negotiator, Warwick remembered. He took his weapons and slowly walked up to Kai, too slow to make any quick strike, and set them down on the ground and stepped back.

"Lizzy, Anne," he said calmly, "Once Kai puts his weapons on top of mine, I'd like you to watch over them so either of us get them only when the opposing force of the cutthroats...or whoever decides to attack us directly here inside." Warwick found a rolled-up, blank sheet of parchment in a corner, spreading it on the ground. He took a pencil from in a bag of his and began sketching the general area.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
DS Devereaux on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Warwick had almost said yes when Kai had proposed the offer. Warwick had seen him taken into Glass House twice, as well as been part of the pursuit effort. What in the blazes was he doing back? Warwick then looked to the three unicorns, the back to Kai. Warwick had attended and spoken at his court hearing - both hearings - and no doubt was recognized by Kai.

"You've been spending time in Valencia," he duly noted, trying to analyze the unicorns' strengths. Either way, the unicorns made Warwick and Emma outnumbered. A fight within a fight would only cause failure regarding the actual problem. He saw the anxiety and slight aggression in Kai's eyes. I was once a negotiator, Warwick remembered. He took his weapons and slowly walked up to Kai, too slow to make any quick strike, and set them down on the ground and stepped back.

"Lizzy, Anne," he said calmly, "Once Kai puts his weapons on top of mine, I'd like you to watch over them so either of us get them only when the opposing force of the cutthroats...or whoever decides to attack us directly here inside." Warwick found a rolled-up, blank sheet of parchment in a corner, spreading it on the ground. He took a pencil from in a bag of his and began sketching the general area.
Lizzy listened intently to what Warwick and Emma said, and she was overwhelmed with happiness and pride when she heard their conscious decisions to let Kai be. When all was said and done, she couldn't help but believe that Kai deserved a consequence of some sort (or maybe it was just the fact that Kai had threatened to kill her in the past), but she was proud of her friends all the same for deciding not to attack. But still...

The young swashbuckler, knowing that if Kai took this the wrong way he could easily snap his fingers and she would be killed, sauntered up to the trained assassin and put her hands on her hips, giving Kai her best not cool, man face. "You know, Kai, no matter what you or your brotherhood say, my team's going to leave here one way or another." She took in a deep breath, beginning to shake a little. She didn't like the look of Kai's gauntlet. "Keeping us cooped up here would not only throw us into a frenzy, but we have the potential to successfully rebel and put up a good fight. Now, you can keep us here and let us fight you, or you could let us go without any trouble, and we'll help you with the cutthroats." Lizzy paused again, staring Kai directly in the eye. Back at home, the wolves of Grizzleheim used body language a lot, and by staring Kai down she was saying you have no power of me. Of course he might have no clue what staring him down meant, but still, it was an old habit that she didn't feel like shaking.

"As I've recently said, the clockwork armada are planning to invade both Marleybone and Monquista, and we need to warn both of the governments so that they have enough time to prepare for..." Lizzy swallowed hard, "war. If we don't warn the two worlds in time, then both will fall to the clutches of metal hands and The Spiral will fall apart without their world powers in control. Valencia, Er, The Clockwork Armada will then be too powerful to defeat and The Spiral will have no choice but to bow down to them. Game over. But the thing is, Kai, you are refusing to let us leave this tiny little island only because of your petty disagreements with those cutthroats. If you don't let us leave, it's your fault if The Spiral falls."

Lizzy let this sink in for a moment, looking into Kai's soul through his eyes and never breaking her concentration, then continued, folding her arms over her chest and taking a somewhat threatening position, though considering her small frame, this didn't really do much. "You may choose for us to fight. You may choose to attempt to keep us here. You may choose to let The Spiral fall over your own disagreement with a fellow pirate. Or, you may choose to let us go. The choice is up to you. But know this:" Lizzy took a step closer to him, "I will spend every last breath of mine fighting you until my team may leave. Every. Last. Breath."

With this, she turned on her heel and walked over to Warwick like nothing had happened, and examined his drawing with interest, her hands calmly held behind her back.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
"You think I am a fool, Captain?" Kai demanded, sheathing his sword. The unicorns follow suit. "I will not disarm myself." He stated, looking to the sky. An eagle flies overhead.
It nods, as Kai returns the gesture.
"The area is safe." Kai informs them. "And the Templar Sharks have gone to regroup. I'm calling reinforcements."
A few minutes later, three ships of the Brotherhood's flag sails towards them. Three ships of the Brotherhood's flag sink as the army of Marleybone rallies and launches an assault.
"Attack." Kai commands, as his assassins surround the people and more flood out of the ship. "You sunk our ships, you called that military squad!" He shouts at Warwick, Lizzy, Anne, and Emma.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Kai Alcott on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
"You think I am a fool, Captain?" Kai demanded, sheathing his sword. The unicorns follow suit. "I will not disarm myself." He stated, looking to the sky. An eagle flies overhead.
It nods, as Kai returns the gesture.
"The area is safe." Kai informs them. "And the Templar Sharks have gone to regroup. I'm calling reinforcements."
A few minutes later, three ships of the Brotherhood's flag sails towards them. Three ships of the Brotherhood's flag sink as the army of Marleybone rallies and launches an assault.
"Attack." Kai commands, as his assassins surround the people and more flood out of the ship. "You sunk our ships, you called that military squad!" He shouts at Warwick, Lizzy, Anne, and Emma.
I didn't call that squad. Warwick put his charcoal down and stood, hearing Kai's threat. He recognized dogs fighting and thus failing. These were his brothers-at-arms, and seeing them being attacked by any opposing force brought fire to his heart. He clenched his fists, not thinking of his weapons, charging at the unicorns and ushering the dogs out of the way. Soon, Warwick found himself surrounded with only his fists and feet to support him.

OOC: sorry for the short post - One-handed typing...

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
Alura stepped into the shadows as her acquaintances made their introductions, trying her best not make a sound. Maybe she didn't belong here, everyone had so much more authority than her and she just didn't think she was fitting in. As Alura was about to step out and introduce herself she heard a commotion outside. '' Marleybone ships? Rowan, did you summon them?''

'' Ha! Not in this lifetime! '' Came the response in the back of her head. Alura flinched at the soft feel of fur on her leg but then realized it was just Blaze. He looked up at her, his eyes filled with worry and understanding. She sighed and crouched down to the manticore's height, gently stroking his pelt. '' I'll be fine; you know I'm more of the shy type. '' She whispered. Sneaking through the dimmed areas of the room, she was able to make her way outside undetected to assist Warwick.

As Alura and Blaze made their way out the door, Alura was grabbed by a firm hand and was pulled into an ally. '' Before you get yourself into another fight, we need to talk. '' Came Rowan's serious voice. '' Okay, but I thought you were in the skyway.'' Alura whispered.

'' You took too long to answer so I left. Anyway, are you really going to help Elizabeth? ''

'' Of course, why? '' Alura said casually. Rowan's eyes widened and her cocky smirk vanished in an instant, being replaced by an expression filled with rage. '' Ugh, no reason just... go! '' Rowan turned her back to Alura, pondering a thought. '' I've spent too long without my sister and this Elizabeth girl is taking her away! I'm putting an end to this separation once and for all! '' Spinning around, Rowan saw no trace of Alura anywhere. '' Oh no, I must've frightened her off. I'll apologize later, right now I need to find my target!'' She looked down at Blaze and he returned the stare, his eyes moving from the doorway into the party back to Rowan. Now that she knew where Elizabeth was, the only thing left to do was wait for the right moment.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
DS Devereaux on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
I didn't call that squad. Warwick put his charcoal down and stood, hearing Kai's threat. He recognized dogs fighting and thus failing. These were his brothers-at-arms, and seeing them being attacked by any opposing force brought fire to his heart. He clenched his fists, not thinking of his weapons, charging at the unicorns and ushering the dogs out of the way. Soon, Warwick found himself surrounded with only his fists and feet to support him.

OOC: sorry for the short post - One-handed typing...
The assassins dodge every blow from the admiral, until Kai ends up behind him. Kai raises his sword to strike.
And impales another cloaked figure's knee.
"FELIX!" Kai yells. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?"
"'Cuz it's fun here!" Replies Felix Alcott.
"I was about to get revenge for my allies on those sunken ships!" Kai shouts.
"Oh, those?" Felix asks. "The queen sent them!"
Kai sheathes his sword, and the unicorns follow suit.
"We are leaving now." Kai states, then disappears.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Kai Alcott on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
The assassins dodge every blow from the admiral, until Kai ends up behind him. Kai raises his sword to strike.
And impales another cloaked figure's knee.
"FELIX!" Kai yells. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?"
"'Cuz it's fun here!" Replies Felix Alcott.
"I was about to get revenge for my allies on those sunken ships!" Kai shouts.
"Oh, those?" Felix asks. "The queen sent them!"
Kai sheathes his sword, and the unicorns follow suit.
"We are leaving now." Kai states, then disappears.
OOC: So, Rowan's planning on attacking Lizzy? Hmm... Didn't expect that, this'll be interesting. XD And also, Kai, are you leaving the role play or do you have anything else planned? Maybe an assassination attempt of the Queen of Marleybone, if that's the person who sent the Marleybonian fleet? It might thicken the plot...

~
Lizzy stood stock still, eyes wide as she gazed around in her aura vision. There was a massive mix of auras, though it seemed like the creatures of the Brotherhood seemed to have dimmer, colorless auras compared to the others. The mixture of colors and explosion of emotions made her dizzy, though Elizabeth continued to gaze around. Each person was feeling their blend of emotions and thoughts, and Lizzy had a difficult time seeing past her own emerald green aura of fear. Everyone there seemed to be angry, or sad, or scared, and the mix of negative emotions gave her a headache. She swept her gaze across all of her friends until she spied a corner of Rowan's ruby red aura peeking out from behind the building... filled with a dire seriousness. Since when was Rowan serious? And she wasn't helping the fight at all...

"We are leaving now." Says Kai in the middle of the battlefield, then he disappears with a puff of assassin-y smoke. Dramatic, Lizzy couldn't help thinking, but stylish. She picked up Warwick's weapons and although she had no idea why, she slipped them on over her own small hands. She felt the immediate cold from the metal and her teeth began to chatter, and the weapons felt uncomfortable against her knuckles, as this weapon was clearly meant for someone larger or of decent proportions. Lizzy trudged over to Warwick and handed his weapons to him. "You okay?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry as she looked to her other friends as well. Where was Alura? Now that she thought about it, Lizzy hadn't seen her friend in a while...

Meanwhile, with Rowan...

Hahaha, Tudor's not looking! Now's my chance to strike! Rowan thought with malicious intent. She jumped from her hiding spot, forming a ball of fire in the palm of her right hand, aiming it towards Lizzy... and shot. Lizzy whirled around and leaped out of the way as the ball of fire landed where her feet were moments ago, a warning shot. "And that was just a taste of my true power, Elizabeth. You're through." Rowan spat with disgust, her face glowing in the light of the fire that had started on the ground next to Lizzy.

Lizzy was too frozen with fear and shock to respond.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: So, Rowan's planning on attacking Lizzy? Hmm... Didn't expect that, this'll be interesting. XD And also, Kai, are you leaving the role play or do you have anything else planned? Maybe an assassination attempt of the Queen of Marleybone, if that's the person who sent the Marleybonian fleet? It might thicken the plot...

~
Lizzy stood stock still, eyes wide as she gazed around in her aura vision. There was a massive mix of auras, though it seemed like the creatures of the Brotherhood seemed to have dimmer, colorless auras compared to the others. The mixture of colors and explosion of emotions made her dizzy, though Elizabeth continued to gaze around. Each person was feeling their blend of emotions and thoughts, and Lizzy had a difficult time seeing past her own emerald green aura of fear. Everyone there seemed to be angry, or sad, or scared, and the mix of negative emotions gave her a headache. She swept her gaze across all of her friends until she spied a corner of Rowan's ruby red aura peeking out from behind the building... filled with a dire seriousness. Since when was Rowan serious? And she wasn't helping the fight at all...

"We are leaving now." Says Kai in the middle of the battlefield, then he disappears with a puff of assassin-y smoke. Dramatic, Lizzy couldn't help thinking, but stylish. She picked up Warwick's weapons and although she had no idea why, she slipped them on over her own small hands. She felt the immediate cold from the metal and her teeth began to chatter, and the weapons felt uncomfortable against her knuckles, as this weapon was clearly meant for someone larger or of decent proportions. Lizzy trudged over to Warwick and handed his weapons to him. "You okay?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry as she looked to her other friends as well. Where was Alura? Now that she thought about it, Lizzy hadn't seen her friend in a while...

Meanwhile, with Rowan...

Hahaha, Tudor's not looking! Now's my chance to strike! Rowan thought with malicious intent. She jumped from her hiding spot, forming a ball of fire in the palm of her right hand, aiming it towards Lizzy... and shot. Lizzy whirled around and leaped out of the way as the ball of fire landed where her feet were moments ago, a warning shot. "And that was just a taste of my true power, Elizabeth. You're through." Rowan spat with disgust, her face glowing in the light of the fire that had started on the ground next to Lizzy.

Lizzy was too frozen with fear and shock to respond.
Emma fought with a purely serious concentration. Claw, strike, slice, shoot, arrow, cleaver, knife. That was her pattern in the way of this battle. Hatchet. Wait a second, where'd she get the hatchet...? No one else seemed to pay much mind to her. If Lizzy had glanced over at the blonde, Emma's typically scarlet or violet aura would be blazing with black and a malevolent red- representing a nearly insane nature, and anger all in one. The Musketeer twirled, blocking various attacks, and jumping back with a slice through the air with the hatchet she had pulled out of seemingly no location. Emma took a moment to breathe and regain some energy she had lost during the fighting, and turned. Rowan threw spheres of inferno toward the swashbuckler, and Lizzy was panicked and about as frozen as Soyala's home.
"Yamete!" (Stop it) Her voice resonated toward Rowan. "Nanneno?!" (What the heck are you doing?) She forcefully inquired toward Rowan in Mooshuese. "Aren't we allies? And... We're all friends... Right?" Emma's voice took a screeching change. It was almost violent and at the zenith, the voice of a psycho. A moment later the blonde snapped out of the insane resonance. Not now. You aren't allowed to take over right now, psychopathy. I am with my friends outside of them. She scolded herself mentally. "But seriously, what do you think you are doing?" She demanded, claws retracting as she grabbed her hatchet.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Just Add Bacon on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: So, Rowan's planning on attacking Lizzy? Hmm... Didn't expect that, this'll be interesting. XD And also, Kai, are you leaving the role play or do you have anything else planned? Maybe an assassination attempt of the Queen of Marleybone, if that's the person who sent the Marleybonian fleet? It might thicken the plot...

~
Lizzy stood stock still, eyes wide as she gazed around in her aura vision. There was a massive mix of auras, though it seemed like the creatures of the Brotherhood seemed to have dimmer, colorless auras compared to the others. The mixture of colors and explosion of emotions made her dizzy, though Elizabeth continued to gaze around. Each person was feeling their blend of emotions and thoughts, and Lizzy had a difficult time seeing past her own emerald green aura of fear. Everyone there seemed to be angry, or sad, or scared, and the mix of negative emotions gave her a headache. She swept her gaze across all of her friends until she spied a corner of Rowan's ruby red aura peeking out from behind the building... filled with a dire seriousness. Since when was Rowan serious? And she wasn't helping the fight at all...

"We are leaving now." Says Kai in the middle of the battlefield, then he disappears with a puff of assassin-y smoke. Dramatic, Lizzy couldn't help thinking, but stylish. She picked up Warwick's weapons and although she had no idea why, she slipped them on over her own small hands. She felt the immediate cold from the metal and her teeth began to chatter, and the weapons felt uncomfortable against her knuckles, as this weapon was clearly meant for someone larger or of decent proportions. Lizzy trudged over to Warwick and handed his weapons to him. "You okay?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry as she looked to her other friends as well. Where was Alura? Now that she thought about it, Lizzy hadn't seen her friend in a while...

Meanwhile, with Rowan...

Hahaha, Tudor's not looking! Now's my chance to strike! Rowan thought with malicious intent. She jumped from her hiding spot, forming a ball of fire in the palm of her right hand, aiming it towards Lizzy... and shot. Lizzy whirled around and leaped out of the way as the ball of fire landed where her feet were moments ago, a warning shot. "And that was just a taste of my true power, Elizabeth. You're through." Rowan spat with disgust, her face glowing in the light of the fire that had started on the ground next to Lizzy.

Lizzy was too frozen with fear and shock to respond.
Had Lizzy been able to notice it, Anne's aura right behind her was glowing a calm, clear amber, unafraid and loyal. Not that Anne knew this of course, as she herself had no knowledge of auras and likely lacked the talent to see them even if she had. Anne was very surprised to see Rowan come up with a ball of fire from nowhere, but instinctively grabbed Lizzy and slid in front of her friend. As a human shield, Anne was lacking very much in height, being even shorter than Elizabeth, but the pannier-widened skirts provided a bit of impressive girth.

"Rowan! What do you think you are doing? Why are you attacking Lizzy, anyway? Perhaps we could just talk this out?" Anne queried quickly, meaning what she said but also deliberately distracting with words. Emma and Warwick would surely prevent Rowan from doing any more harm, and Anne meant to see they had the chance.

"And could you please put this fire out?" Anne continued in the same calm, rational tone. "I mean, this hall has already taken enough damage from a hole being blown through its roof, don't you think?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
Just Add Bacon on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: So, Rowan's planning on attacking Lizzy? Hmm... Didn't expect that, this'll be interesting. XD And also, Kai, are you leaving the role play or do you have anything else planned? Maybe an assassination attempt of the Queen of Marleybone, if that's the person who sent the Marleybonian fleet? It might thicken the plot...

~
Lizzy stood stock still, eyes wide as she gazed around in her aura vision. There was a massive mix of auras, though it seemed like the creatures of the Brotherhood seemed to have dimmer, colorless auras compared to the others. The mixture of colors and explosion of emotions made her dizzy, though Elizabeth continued to gaze around. Each person was feeling their blend of emotions and thoughts, and Lizzy had a difficult time seeing past her own emerald green aura of fear. Everyone there seemed to be angry, or sad, or scared, and the mix of negative emotions gave her a headache. She swept her gaze across all of her friends until she spied a corner of Rowan's ruby red aura peeking out from behind the building... filled with a dire seriousness. Since when was Rowan serious? And she wasn't helping the fight at all...

"We are leaving now." Says Kai in the middle of the battlefield, then he disappears with a puff of assassin-y smoke. Dramatic, Lizzy couldn't help thinking, but stylish. She picked up Warwick's weapons and although she had no idea why, she slipped them on over her own small hands. She felt the immediate cold from the metal and her teeth began to chatter, and the weapons felt uncomfortable against her knuckles, as this weapon was clearly meant for someone larger or of decent proportions. Lizzy trudged over to Warwick and handed his weapons to him. "You okay?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry as she looked to her other friends as well. Where was Alura? Now that she thought about it, Lizzy hadn't seen her friend in a while...

Meanwhile, with Rowan...

Hahaha, Tudor's not looking! Now's my chance to strike! Rowan thought with malicious intent. She jumped from her hiding spot, forming a ball of fire in the palm of her right hand, aiming it towards Lizzy... and shot. Lizzy whirled around and leaped out of the way as the ball of fire landed where her feet were moments ago, a warning shot. "And that was just a taste of my true power, Elizabeth. You're through." Rowan spat with disgust, her face glowing in the light of the fire that had started on the ground next to Lizzy.

Lizzy was too frozen with fear and shock to respond.
OOC: Not leaving, but Kai isn't coming back for bit. Meanwhile, his brother Felix stands here, hungering for battle. Here's something you won't live long without knowing: Felix is a ruthless Sith who will not hesitate to attack anyone and everyone.

Felix Alcott suddenly whirled around, a strange metal cylinder in hand. A red, glowing, three-foot beam comes out the end, and a few well-placed jabs have the Unicorns scared and running. He pointed his hand at the person nearest to him (Lizzy) and lightning shot from his fingers.
"Go on then!" He yells. "Entertain me!"
He pointed his laser-sword at Warwick and began an assault on him as well.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Kai Alcott on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Not leaving, but Kai isn't coming back for bit. Meanwhile, his brother Felix stands here, hungering for battle. Here's something you won't live long without knowing: Felix is a ruthless Sith who will not hesitate to attack anyone and everyone.

Felix Alcott suddenly whirled around, a strange metal cylinder in hand. A red, glowing, three-foot beam comes out the end, and a few well-placed jabs have the Unicorns scared and running. He pointed his hand at the person nearest to him (Lizzy) and lightning shot from his fingers.
"Go on then!" He yells. "Entertain me!"
He pointed his laser-sword at Warwick and began an assault on him as well.
"The Spiral's Arms!" Warwick grunted, dodging the sword by falling to the ground. He had accepted his weapons from Lizzy with little more than a thank-you before being attacked. He understood what business came first; He leaped from where he had fallen to the lightning, shielding Lizzy from any further attack. He was hurt by it, but put the thought aside as he attempted to place a well-timed kick at the hilt of the...blade, he concluded. Whatever it was, it wasn't at all a sword that he had before seen.

"Who..." Warwick struggled to say, "Are you? I don't want to fight you; let's just figure this thing out!" Catching a moment of silence to stand, he uttered one last thing before charging once more. "And never, ever attack my friends." With one burst of energy, Warwick managed to take the hilt of the whatever-it-was from Felix's hand and hurl it across the room, quickly snatching his sleeve.

"HEY, EVERYONE!" Warwick bellowed, his voice rising above the sounds of combat. He sighed as things froze. "Who's all here?" he croaked, "I know that we support different sides, here, but we do not share anything of our own. The only thing that will come of more battle is death. Death of all." Warwick's face had turned from curious to deadly. "Leave us all at peace and we will leave you alive. It's what we all want, no matter who we are."

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
Felix suddenly stopped, his eye color flashing from red to blue.
"But we need some fun..." He murmered.
"No! What did they do to us?" He interrupted.
"Well, they might have gold." He added.
"Yes, but I don't want gold." He concluded. His saber, now deactivated, flew back to his hand. He put it on his belt, and offered a hand to shake with Warwick.
"Sorry, he can be a bit... aggressive." Felix said. "Felix Alcott. You?"

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
56
DS Devereaux on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
"The Spiral's Arms!" Warwick grunted, dodging the sword by falling to the ground. He had accepted his weapons from Lizzy with little more than a thank-you before being attacked. He understood what business came first; He leaped from where he had fallen to the lightning, shielding Lizzy from any further attack. He was hurt by it, but put the thought aside as he attempted to place a well-timed kick at the hilt of the...blade, he concluded. Whatever it was, it wasn't at all a sword that he had before seen.

"Who..." Warwick struggled to say, "Are you? I don't want to fight you; let's just figure this thing out!" Catching a moment of silence to stand, he uttered one last thing before charging once more. "And never, ever attack my friends." With one burst of energy, Warwick managed to take the hilt of the whatever-it-was from Felix's hand and hurl it across the room, quickly snatching his sleeve.

"HEY, EVERYONE!" Warwick bellowed, his voice rising above the sounds of combat. He sighed as things froze. "Who's all here?" he croaked, "I know that we support different sides, here, but we do not share anything of our own. The only thing that will come of more battle is death. Death of all." Warwick's face had turned from curious to deadly. "Leave us all at peace and we will leave you alive. It's what we all want, no matter who we are."
Lizzy let out a scream. It was only the longevity of a yelp, but it was undeniably a full blown scream. She quickly mentally chastised herself. A scream like that would surly unnerve her friends, and now was not the best time for her friends to be unnerved. The lightning that shot out of that strange boy's fingers nearly electrocuted her, which was an experience she never planned on having. It was quite strange. Then both Ann and Warwick put themselves in between her and the threats of both Felix and Rowan, which nearly made her tear up from their bravery. The fire next to her was uncomfortably hot and licked at the clothing of both Ann and Lizzy as they were the closest to it. Lizzy frowned as she stared into the flames.

I hate fire. Lizzy gently touched her left arm, shying away from the fire and nearly pressing up against Warwick. Fire may not have emotionally scarred her, but that didn't mean that she had to like it. Lizzy was still too frozen with fear to say anything, though her mind was racing. I need to challenge Rowan to a duel and let her win. If I don't, who knows what she'll do to my friends? She sighed. I'm too naïve. I can't believe I trusted her.

'' Rowan! '' She calls from behind Ann. Lizzy stepped out from behind her friend and stood up to Rowan, who may have been younger than her but was defiantly taller. This intimidated Lizzy, but she has no Napolaguin Complex, so it didn't bother her very much. '' I challenge you to a duel. Magic vs. Magic. No physical weapons, just Fire and Life. Do you accept or decline? ''

Rowan was staring Emma directly in the eye, wondering how she could get past her to Lizzy's bodyguards. Although, when Lizzy came up speaking of a challenge, Rowan's attention shifted. '' Ha! You're challenging me? What's wrong Tudor, have you gone completely insane?'' She said with a hint of amusement. '' But I won't leave my Dragoon's sword behind; if you wish to make this fight uninterrupted and 'fair' you must arm yourself. ''

'' I haven't a weapon.'' Lizzy sighed. '' I didn't expect this night to involve fighting. Silly me. But I am weaponless and I couldn't barrow one from my friends. I don't know how to use their weapons, and any rapier or dagger that would be given to me would fail to make the fight fair as I've not trained with that particular weapon. We're at crossroads.''

'' Ugh, I have no time for this! '' Rowan shouted with pure furry. She grabbed the collar of Lizzy's Chief's garb and flung the small swashbuckler across the courtyard, only for her to do a backhand spring back to her feet. As Lizzy landed, a fully grown Blaze came out of a shadow behind Lizzy and shredded her cape with a massive claw. She let out a yelp of surprise and tripped over an uneven cobblestone, landing into the courtyard fountain.

Lizzy stayed underwater for a moment, hoping to wait out Rowan; but when she came up for a much needed breath Rowan was looming over her with blue fire in the palm of her right hand.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
OOC: I love it when a nice party like this one becomes a battle, don't you?

As Rowan and Lizzy fought, and Felix stood doing whatever he was doing, and Warwick also did... I don't know what, A flash of light envelopes the area for a split second, momentarily blinding everyone.
Then Kai reappears behind Warwick. He taps him on the shoulder.
"Uh... Where's the queen right now?" Kai asks, dodging three attacks and a volley of sparks.
"Hm... I think Marleybone's guards have arrived." Felix observes.
Kai draws his sword. "Felix, get ready to fight."
"Why?"
"Our entire family is wanted in Marleybone."
"And?"
"We're two of the most wanted criminals in Marleybone. If we get into a fight with the guards, and these people join, who will they side with?"
"Oh. Good point."
"And Warwick is behind you."
"What?"
"I said-"
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One of the dogs yells, running over to point his sparkshooter at the two Alcotts.
"Now look what you've done, Felix!"
"ME? You did it!"
The brothers quickly broke into an argument, quickly going into a full-blown fight.

OOC: Did I mention Kai and Felix argue a lot?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Kai Alcott on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I love it when a nice party like this one becomes a battle, don't you?

As Rowan and Lizzy fought, and Felix stood doing whatever he was doing, and Warwick also did... I don't know what, A flash of light envelopes the area for a split second, momentarily blinding everyone.
Then Kai reappears behind Warwick. He taps him on the shoulder.
"Uh... Where's the queen right now?" Kai asks, dodging three attacks and a volley of sparks.
"Hm... I think Marleybone's guards have arrived." Felix observes.
Kai draws his sword. "Felix, get ready to fight."
"Why?"
"Our entire family is wanted in Marleybone."
"And?"
"We're two of the most wanted criminals in Marleybone. If we get into a fight with the guards, and these people join, who will they side with?"
"Oh. Good point."
"And Warwick is behind you."
"What?"
"I said-"
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One of the dogs yells, running over to point his sparkshooter at the two Alcotts.
"Now look what you've done, Felix!"
"ME? You did it!"
The brothers quickly broke into an argument, quickly going into a full-blown fight.

OOC: Did I mention Kai and Felix argue a lot?
OOC: Nice job writing that post, Alura! And Kai, if Lizzy weren't preoccupied right now, I think she would point out the fact that not everyone is lucky enough to have a sibling, and I think she would request that you don't argue with yours for the sake of those who don't. XD Though I like your sequence -- Felix and Kai arguing, although not something I would appreciate in real life, is quite funny to read.
~
Lizzy felt the intense heat of the blue flame on her face immediately, and as soon as she gulped some air, she dove out of the fountain. She knew that Rowan was an extremely powerful pyromancer, and even the water from the fountain wouldn't be enough to guard her against the oncoming attacks.

Rowan hurled the ball of blue flame from her hand to Lizzy's face, and almost hit home, but Lizzy just barely managed to dodge it. As she cartwheeled out of the way, being extremely mindful of Rowan and Blaze, the fountain caught on fire, the intensity of that blue flame being so much that it turned the water fountain into a fire fountain. Lizzy was formulating a plan in her mind about how to guard against an attack from the manticore, but from Rowan, she didn't know how to protect herself. All she could hope for was the proper agility to keep her limbs intact, and even in this area she wasn't so sure she could survive Rowan.

Blaze snarled and wielded his scorpion tail to Lizzy, leaping onto the rim of the fountain. Some of the fire from it seemed to touch him, but the manticore didn't appear to have noticed. He stalked his way towards Lizzy, baring fangs while his tail dripped with poison. She backed away, slowly. Never run. She remembered her brother telling her. That engages a predator's 'chase' instinct. You're dead meat if you run.

The manticore pounced in the swashbuckler's direction, though he didn't seem intent on knocking her down, as she was fairly easily able to leap out of the way. Just before her feet managed to touch the ground, though, Rowan launched another fireball to Lizzy, and hit her square in the back. Lizzy yelled from surprise and pain, clawing at her back but jerking her burned hands away, staring at her now red hands and nearly passing out from the uncomfortable view of the injury. She fell to the ground on her back, extinguishing the fire, though her skin crawled with pain from the attack and she saw black spots in her vision.

She cried out, flexing all of her muscles from the discomfort and clenching her fists. More burn scars. Lizzy thought fleetingly. Rowan watched Lizzy with a twinkle of amusement in her eye. "Pathetic!" She said with a smirk, marching over to the swashbuckler on the ground. Lizzy opened her eyes slightly, seeing the very blurry form of Rowan through unshed tears, just wanting it to be over. She gave Rowan one last pathetic glance, then lost consciousness.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Kai Alcott on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I love it when a nice party like this one becomes a battle, don't you?

As Rowan and Lizzy fought, and Felix stood doing whatever he was doing, and Warwick also did... I don't know what, A flash of light envelopes the area for a split second, momentarily blinding everyone.
Then Kai reappears behind Warwick. He taps him on the shoulder.
"Uh... Where's the queen right now?" Kai asks, dodging three attacks and a volley of sparks.
"Hm... I think Marleybone's guards have arrived." Felix observes.
Kai draws his sword. "Felix, get ready to fight."
"Why?"
"Our entire family is wanted in Marleybone."
"And?"
"We're two of the most wanted criminals in Marleybone. If we get into a fight with the guards, and these people join, who will they side with?"
"Oh. Good point."
"And Warwick is behind you."
"What?"
"I said-"
"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One of the dogs yells, running over to point his sparkshooter at the two Alcotts.
"Now look what you've done, Felix!"
"ME? You did it!"
The brothers quickly broke into an argument, quickly going into a full-blown fight.

OOC: Did I mention Kai and Felix argue a lot?
Warwick avoided shaking Felix's hand, as his trust was waning - not only in him, but in everything around him. He jumped at Kai tapping him on the shoulder, followed by a bristle and a scowl.

The queen, Warwick laughed to himself, She's probably farther off, somewhere in Marleybone City. Honestly, I don't know why - His thoughts were quickly interrupted by the dog's cry. His plan for peace hadn't worked. Hanging his head in shame, Warwick stepped to the wall, finding it easy to blend in now that his armor was dulled.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
Kai and Felix quickly took care of the guards, electrocuting them and knocking them out.
"Someone! Tell me where the queen is!" Kai orders, his sword ready as he stood by his brother (Red sword-thing also ready.)
"WHERE?" Kai demands.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
57
OOC: I hope nobody minds if I step in here.

Dino had been sailing through Marleybone on his way to Marleybone City when he spotted the fighting below. He raises his staff and teleports down into the fray, momentarily blinding nearby people with a flash of light. "Now." He says, looking around, "What is going on here? Cutthroat attack? And why are we fighting each other!?"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
koompa stomp on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I hope nobody minds if I step in here.

Dino had been sailing through Marleybone on his way to Marleybone City when he spotted the fighting below. He raises his staff and teleports down into the fray, momentarily blinding nearby people with a flash of light. "Now." He says, looking around, "What is going on here? Cutthroat attack? And why are we fighting each other!?"
"None of your business, incompetent fool." Felix snaps, his eyes flashing to red as he glared at Dino. He shot lightning from his fingers. Lightning that Kai quickly catches and throws to the ground using magic.
"Look, Felix, brother." Kai commands. "This is my friend, Dino Atworth. Don't kill him yet."
"Anyways, where's the Queen? Someone tell me, now!" Kai points his sword at Warwick, with another pointed at Lizzy, and Felix having his weapons (dual laser-sword things) drawn and aimed at two more people.
"I don't want to hurt anyone." Kai says. "But vengeance comes before all else. WHERE is the queen?"

OOC: He might seem a bit arrogant, but Kai has a reason to. Alone, he makes a formidable enemy. With allies by his side, he is even stronger. But with his brother, Kai and Felix Alcott are nearly unstoppable.
When his brother is next to him, he thinks no one can defeat the two of them, because they haven't fought anyone who can so far.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Kai Alcott on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
"None of your business, incompetent fool." Felix snaps, his eyes flashing to red as he glared at Dino. He shot lightning from his fingers. Lightning that Kai quickly catches and throws to the ground using magic.
"Look, Felix, brother." Kai commands. "This is my friend, Dino Atworth. Don't kill him yet."
"Anyways, where's the Queen? Someone tell me, now!" Kai points his sword at Warwick, with another pointed at Lizzy, and Felix having his weapons (dual laser-sword things) drawn and aimed at two more people.
"I don't want to hurt anyone." Kai says. "But vengeance comes before all else. WHERE is the queen?"

OOC: He might seem a bit arrogant, but Kai has a reason to. Alone, he makes a formidable enemy. With allies by his side, he is even stronger. But with his brother, Kai and Felix Alcott are nearly unstoppable.
When his brother is next to him, he thinks no one can defeat the two of them, because they haven't fought anyone who can so far.
OOC: XD Lizzy's passed out on the ground at the moment... don't think now would be the best time for her to answer your question...