Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay -- Costume Party!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Nice job writing that post, Alura! And Kai, if Lizzy weren't preoccupied right now, I think she would point out the fact that not everyone is lucky enough to have a sibling, and I think she would request that you don't argue with yours for the sake of those who don't. XD Though I like your sequence -- Felix and Kai arguing, although not something I would appreciate in real life, is quite funny to read.
~
Lizzy felt the intense heat of the blue flame on her face immediately, and as soon as she gulped some air, she dove out of the fountain. She knew that Rowan was an extremely powerful pyromancer, and even the water from the fountain wouldn't be enough to guard her against the oncoming attacks.

Rowan hurled the ball of blue flame from her hand to Lizzy's face, and almost hit home, but Lizzy just barely managed to dodge it. As she cartwheeled out of the way, being extremely mindful of Rowan and Blaze, the fountain caught on fire, the intensity of that blue flame being so much that it turned the water fountain into a fire fountain. Lizzy was formulating a plan in her mind about how to guard against an attack from the manticore, but from Rowan, she didn't know how to protect herself. All she could hope for was the proper agility to keep her limbs intact, and even in this area she wasn't so sure she could survive Rowan.

Blaze snarled and wielded his scorpion tail to Lizzy, leaping onto the rim of the fountain. Some of the fire from it seemed to touch him, but the manticore didn't appear to have noticed. He stalked his way towards Lizzy, baring fangs while his tail dripped with poison. She backed away, slowly. Never run. She remembered her brother telling her. That engages a predator's 'chase' instinct. You're dead meat if you run.

The manticore pounced in the swashbuckler's direction, though he didn't seem intent on knocking her down, as she was fairly easily able to leap out of the way. Just before her feet managed to touch the ground, though, Rowan launched another fireball to Lizzy, and hit her square in the back. Lizzy yelled from surprise and pain, clawing at her back but jerking her burned hands away, staring at her now red hands and nearly passing out from the uncomfortable view of the injury. She fell to the ground on her back, extinguishing the fire, though her skin crawled with pain from the attack and she saw black spots in her vision.

She cried out, flexing all of her muscles from the discomfort and clenching her fists. More burn scars. Lizzy thought fleetingly. Rowan watched Lizzy with a twinkle of amusement in her eye. "Pathetic!" She said with a smirk, marching over to the swashbuckler on the ground. Lizzy opened her eyes slightly, seeing the very blurry form of Rowan through unshed tears, just wanting it to be over. She gave Rowan one last pathetic glance, then lost consciousness.
Lizzy slowly came back to wakefulness, and as she became aware again of the burning pain in her hands and back, she just as quickly felt a cool soothing sensation take the burn away. She blinked open her eyes and saw Anne bent over her, gently applying salve to her injured hands, which healed immediately.

"O good, you're awake," Anne noted with a smile. "Sorry I was late there. I had to get some backup against that manticore." She nodded to the side, and Lizzy noticed Kiera slouching against the wall, her eyes wary as she scanned the area, but having an indefinable air of being pleased with herself. "Manticores are afraid of mice, as it happens," Anne explained, "so Kiera conjured up a phantom mouse, and that did the trick." Indeed, Lizzy suddenly noticed the fleeing manticore in the distance, rapidly running out of sight.

Memories came flooding back, and Lizzy suddenly remembered Rowan's attack. She turned her head frantically, and saw Rowan lying next to her on the ground. "Don't worry, Rowan will be fine," Anne assured her. "I just had to knock her out. She was acting crazy. I don't know what got into her. In fact, I think we've all been acting crazy here," she assessed, biting her lip and thinking. How am I going to stop the fighting?

A bright flash of light behind her caught Anne's attention as Dino arrived on the scene, distracting everyone more effectively than Anne could do. Anne stood up as Dino spoke, cheered by his words. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say! She opened her mouth to add to the young stranger's words, but Felix and Kai acted first.

Anne felt a surge of outrage at Kai's words. Don't kill him *yet*? And he was pointing his sword at Lizzie! Honestly, Elizabeth had been through quite enough, Anne fumed. She was worried about Emma too. Anne was furious to see her friends threatened and felt the rise of temper within her, unusual as Anne rarely got seriously angry. With difficulty she swallowed her anger, and forced herself to view the situation rationally. Kai was pointing his weapons at both Warwick and Lizzie, but there was no way he could keep an eye on them both. This strange, violent brother of his had his peculiar weapons out, but Anne was confident she could counter them.

But more important to stop the fighting. "The queen isn't here," Anne informed Kai coolly. "How could she be? This is a private party. Why would she come? We are not wealthy, or nobles. Most of us aren't even citizens of Marleybone."

She turned to address the others nearby. "I don't think the Armada is involved in this. I think we've accidently become embroiled in a turf war between those Cutthroats and this Kai and his followers." Anne turned her attention back to Kai. "I believe you owe the owners of this hall recompense for the expense of a new roof..." She glanced around her. "And an awful lot of broken furniture."

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"Kai." Dino said, stepping towards him and Felix "Do you really think that the Marleybonian navy would be stupid enough to send their queen to a battle ground? If so, then it seems you have lost a few steps since we last met." He then runs to where Rowan and the manticore stand over Lizzy and throws a quick bolt of lightning from his staff towards them, hoping to get them away.

OOC: Sorry I dont make long posts, I am not a good writer on long ones. :P

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy slowly came back to wakefulness, and as she became aware again of the burning pain in her hands and back, she just as quickly felt a cool soothing sensation take the burn away. She blinked open her eyes and saw Anne bent over her, gently applying salve to her injured hands, which healed immediately.

"O good, you're awake," Anne noted with a smile. "Sorry I was late there. I had to get some backup against that manticore." She nodded to the side, and Lizzy noticed Kiera slouching against the wall, her eyes wary as she scanned the area, but having an indefinable air of being pleased with herself. "Manticores are afraid of mice, as it happens," Anne explained, "so Kiera conjured up a phantom mouse, and that did the trick." Indeed, Lizzy suddenly noticed the fleeing manticore in the distance, rapidly running out of sight.

Memories came flooding back, and Lizzy suddenly remembered Rowan's attack. She turned her head frantically, and saw Rowan lying next to her on the ground. "Don't worry, Rowan will be fine," Anne assured her. "I just had to knock her out. She was acting crazy. I don't know what got into her. In fact, I think we've all been acting crazy here," she assessed, biting her lip and thinking. How am I going to stop the fighting?

A bright flash of light behind her caught Anne's attention as Dino arrived on the scene, distracting everyone more effectively than Anne could do. Anne stood up as Dino spoke, cheered by his words. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say! She opened her mouth to add to the young stranger's words, but Felix and Kai acted first.

Anne felt a surge of outrage at Kai's words. Don't kill him *yet*? And he was pointing his sword at Lizzie! Honestly, Elizabeth had been through quite enough, Anne fumed. She was worried about Emma too. Anne was furious to see her friends threatened and felt the rise of temper within her, unusual as Anne rarely got seriously angry. With difficulty she swallowed her anger, and forced herself to view the situation rationally. Kai was pointing his weapons at both Warwick and Lizzie, but there was no way he could keep an eye on them both. This strange, violent brother of his had his peculiar weapons out, but Anne was confident she could counter them.

But more important to stop the fighting. "The queen isn't here," Anne informed Kai coolly. "How could she be? This is a private party. Why would she come? We are not wealthy, or nobles. Most of us aren't even citizens of Marleybone."

She turned to address the others nearby. "I don't think the Armada is involved in this. I think we've accidently become embroiled in a turf war between those Cutthroats and this Kai and his followers." Anne turned her attention back to Kai. "I believe you owe the owners of this hall recompense for the expense of a new roof..." She glanced around her. "And an awful lot of broken furniture."
OOC: Uh... Ann? I know you were trying to stop the fight and all, but Blaze isn't scared of mice and Rowan couldn't be knocked out so easily.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
"Hm." Kai mutters. "It seems I do owe someone some money."
His eagle flies off, soon coming back with some gold.
"Send this to the owner of the hall." He orders, as the bird again takes flight.
"So where IS the queen?" Kai asks. "And Felix, they aren't going to attack, lower your hand and saber."
Felix nods, deactivating his weapon and putting it on his belt. He pulls a deck of cards out, sitting down and building a card house.
"I give up on finding the queen." The older Alcott sighs as Felix lights his card house on fire.
"Anyone want marshmallows?" The younger asks, pulling a bag out of his pocket and levitating them over the fire.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Uh... Ann? I know you were trying to stop the fight and all, but Blaze isn't scared of mice and Rowan couldn't be knocked out so easily.
(OOC: You're right, Alura, I was just trying to stop the fight. But consider that Rowan managed to successfully attack Lizzy when she was surrounded by armed friends and knock her out -- that took a lot of doing, and she was surely very distracted. So it is plausible that one of Lizzy's skilled friends could have struck a blow by surprise. As far as Blaze, all creatures must have a weakness, and I made that one up for comic effect, to allow another character to take part in the action (Kiera), and to take Blaze out of the fight without harming him. Trying to do the least amount of damage, and no need for Rowan to be down for long.)

`

Anne lowered her rapier and breathed a sigh of relief now that she saw Kai was both penitent and reasonable. She gave a side-long look to Felix, who was behaving rather oddly, building a house of cards and setting it on fire. But at least he wasn't attacking anyone.

Remembering that she was wearing a gown this time, Anne dipped into a graceful curtsey. "Gentlemen," she addressed Dino, Kai, and Felix. "Now that we have a truce and are acting peaceably to each other, would you like to join our dance party?"

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: You're right, Alura, I was just trying to stop the fight. But consider that Rowan managed to successfully attack Lizzy when she was surrounded by armed friends and knock her out -- that took a lot of doing, and she was surely very distracted. So it is plausible that one of Lizzy's skilled friends could have struck a blow by surprise. As far as Blaze, all creatures must have a weakness, and I made that one up for comic effect, to allow another character to take part in the action (Kiera), and to take Blaze out of the fight without harming him. Trying to do the least amount of damage, and no need for Rowan to be down for long.)

`

Anne lowered her rapier and breathed a sigh of relief now that she saw Kai was both penitent and reasonable. She gave a side-long look to Felix, who was behaving rather oddly, building a house of cards and setting it on fire. But at least he wasn't attacking anyone.

Remembering that she was wearing a gown this time, Anne dipped into a graceful curtsey. "Gentlemen," she addressed Dino, Kai, and Felix. "Now that we have a truce and are acting peaceably to each other, would you like to join our dance party?"
OOC: I still can't see any of that happening, Ann. I must request that you place the action of anything you want to do to my characters in a post instead of me not being able to participate at all in the outcome, please.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:

`

"Felix, I told you, no one wants a marshmallow!" Kai snaps.
"Well, some people might!"
Kai slaps Felix. He shakes his head and puts the marshmallows away.
"I needed that." Felix states, jumping to his feet. Kai follows suit.
"What party?" Felix asks.
"Idiot..." Kai mutters.
"You're the idiot!"
"Shut up!"
Kai tapes Felix's mouth closed.
"Ok." He answers the question. "And Felix is coming too." He nods to his younger brother.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"Sure." Dino says, looking around at the slightly trashed party "Although, it does seem like there is a bit of cleaning up needed. "And on another note, what about him?" At this, he gestures towards Rowan.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
"Alright, what's goin' on here?" Laura asks, walking out of a nearby house.
She spots Felix, then Kai, and notices the cutthroats lying on the ground.
"Who are ye all?" She asks, motioning towards the group gathered near the hall. "Why are ye making such a noise at 10 o' clock at night?!"
"Some cutthroats attacked a party, and things went kablooey." Felix explains.
"Someone, tell me what's going on, other than my incompetent younger brother." The young lady demands.
She suddenly pulls a small pistol from her belt and throws it in the air, drawing a knife and throwing it behind her as she catches the gun and shoots the awakening cutthroat. He groans and falls back down.
"I'm serious now. What's all the racket? Some of us want to sleep!"
OOC: And thus arrives the final of the Alcotts!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Kai Alcott on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
"Alright, what's goin' on here?" Laura asks, walking out of a nearby house.
She spots Felix, then Kai, and notices the cutthroats lying on the ground.
"Who are ye all?" She asks, motioning towards the group gathered near the hall. "Why are ye making such a noise at 10 o' clock at night?!"
"Some cutthroats attacked a party, and things went kablooey." Felix explains.
"Someone, tell me what's going on, other than my incompetent younger brother." The young lady demands.
She suddenly pulls a small pistol from her belt and throws it in the air, drawing a knife and throwing it behind her as she catches the gun and shoots the awakening cutthroat. He groans and falls back down.
"I'm serious now. What's all the racket? Some of us want to sleep!"
OOC: And thus arrives the final of the Alcotts!
While all the noise was occurring, they didn't know that Romantic Hannah Devereaux was in the party too, but didn't make contact with the others. Instead, she was in the Witches Sanctum with the other witch doctors. When she got out, she heard loud shouting. When she tried to walk over, she noticed that the floor was riddled with Cutthroats. "What in the spiral is going on here?! I thought this was a party, not a killing!" she screamed in alarm. "Hannah!" Kai screamed in shock. "I thought you were not participating! You were celebrating this whole time? We never even saw you!" Suddenly he was interrupted by Laura. "Alright, that's enough! Just keep it down!"

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
While all the noise was occurring, they didn't know that Romantic Hannah Devereaux was in the party too, but didn't make contact with the others. Instead, she was in the Witches Sanctum with the other witch doctors. When she got out, she heard loud shouting. When she tried to walk over, she noticed that the floor was riddled with Cutthroats. "What in the spiral is going on here?! I thought this was a party, not a killing!" she screamed in alarm. "Hannah!" Kai screamed in shock. "I thought you were not participating! You were celebrating this whole time? We never even saw you!" Suddenly he was interrupted by Laura. "Alright, that's enough! Just keep it down!"
OOC: Kai and Hannah have never met. Don't make my characters talk, either.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Kai Alcott on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
OOC: Kai and Hannah have never met. Don't make my characters talk, either.
OOC: It appears that there is some cleaning up to do...

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted in this roleplay. It's been kind of difficult to gather my thoughts enough to make a response that I feel is adequate enough... at least I'm replying now.

So, I have a few things to say. First off, Anne, I enjoyed reading your posts in the roleplay, though I'd like to say something about the second-to-last one. I did indeed think that your solution to the fight was comical, having Blaze the Manticore being chased off by a phantom mouse, though I don't think that would really happen. Blaze isn't a regular Manticore (and even then, I'm unsure about whether or not they would be afraid of mice), and he always has Rowan's back. If (and, in Rowan's history, this has yet to happen through her whole life) one of Lizzy's friends managed to successfully sneak up on Rowan, then Blaze would know and instantly defend her. Maybe a little bit of Rivisionist History might help?

And, Cheryl, welcome to the roleplay. In a sense, Kai is right, we usually don't use other people's characters. Alura and I only do so because we're actually on the phone when we write in this thread, and we ask each other directly how our character would respond. It's a longer process, yes, but it makes the story flow a little more easily. Also, you mention that Hannah is in the Witches Sanctum. Do you mean the Witchdoctor's sanctum? If so, it might be a little travel for Hannah, as the party is located on The Isle of Hounds (an island that Alura and I made up for the sake of the story), in Marleybone.

Speaking of the location... Kai, when we first thought of the island, we imagined it to be a small one, with only one building -- the building that the party is in. If this is true, and I imagine it is, then how did Laura come out of a nearby house and complain about the noise going on at 10 o'clock at night? Maybe Rivisionist History would be better here as well...

To be clear, I mean no offense to any of you. I think all of your writing is brilliant and adds to the story, and I'm happy that all of you have participated as much as you have in this roleplay. I'm looking forward to writing some more within it.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted in this roleplay. It's been kind of difficult to gather my thoughts enough to make a response that I feel is adequate enough... at least I'm replying now.

So, I have a few things to say. First off, Anne, I enjoyed reading your posts in the roleplay, though I'd like to say something about the second-to-last one. I did indeed think that your solution to the fight was comical, having Blaze the Manticore being chased off by a phantom mouse, though I don't think that would really happen. Blaze isn't a regular Manticore (and even then, I'm unsure about whether or not they would be afraid of mice), and he always has Rowan's back. If (and, in Rowan's history, this has yet to happen through her whole life) one of Lizzy's friends managed to successfully sneak up on Rowan, then Blaze would know and instantly defend her. Maybe a little bit of Rivisionist History might help?

And, Cheryl, welcome to the roleplay. In a sense, Kai is right, we usually don't use other people's characters. Alura and I only do so because we're actually on the phone when we write in this thread, and we ask each other directly how our character would respond. It's a longer process, yes, but it makes the story flow a little more easily. Also, you mention that Hannah is in the Witches Sanctum. Do you mean the Witchdoctor's sanctum? If so, it might be a little travel for Hannah, as the party is located on The Isle of Hounds (an island that Alura and I made up for the sake of the story), in Marleybone.

Speaking of the location... Kai, when we first thought of the island, we imagined it to be a small one, with only one building -- the building that the party is in. If this is true, and I imagine it is, then how did Laura come out of a nearby house and complain about the noise going on at 10 o'clock at night? Maybe Rivisionist History would be better here as well...

To be clear, I mean no offense to any of you. I think all of your writing is brilliant and adds to the story, and I'm happy that all of you have participated as much as you have in this roleplay. I'm looking forward to writing some more within it.
Well, Laura, even if it was a small island, she owns a very big galleon. She could fashion it into a house, hanging off the side of the island.
And sorry if this is annoying, but it's spelled 'Revisionist'.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:

OOC: Also, Felix could sneak up on anyone, pretty much. He just tells them not to see him. Works better on those with less willpower...