Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Egg Foo Yung needed no convincing to rid himself of stocks of the poisoned Moolong tea. He immediately realized without any argument that having his customers become ill and perhaps drop dead would be very bad for business. He was furious over the expense this cost him, and demanded to know names of those responsible. The young pirates knew no names other than Shiro Takazaki, but at that name, Egg Foo Yung suddenly sobered, and his face, reddened with anger, turned pale once more. He was silent for a moment, then shook his head. "To win in this business is to know who you can not fight. I have no desire to anger Takazaki's master since I hope to live long."

"I will buy no tea from this 'new plantation'," Egg Foo Yung continued. "It would be best, however, if the manufacture of the poison was destroyed, otherwise, they will simply shift the poisoning to some other tea, once they realize their initial venture was caught out."

This the pirates already had figured out for themselves, but they bowed in polite acknowledgement of his wisdom, and sailed back into the Subata skyway. Using the clues the enemy samoorai had given them, they found the location of the place, Hirayama, that he had mentioned by asking around. Hirayama was the site of an ancient castle, now in ruins. Some believed the ruins were haunted; others described it as a sacred place. But whatever mysteries it held, they now knew where to look for it: in the northern hills of the Valley of the Winds.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Egg Foo Yung needed no convincing to rid himself of stocks of the poisoned Moolong tea. He immediately realized without any argument that having his customers become ill and perhaps drop dead would be very bad for business. He was furious over the expense this cost him, and demanded to know names of those responsible. The young pirates knew no names other than Shiro Takazaki, but at that name, Egg Foo Yung suddenly sobered, and his face, reddened with anger, turned pale once more. He was silent for a moment, then shook his head. "To win in this business is to know who you can not fight. I have no desire to anger Takazaki's master since I hope to live long."

"I will buy no tea from this 'new plantation'," Egg Foo Yung continued. "It would be best, however, if the manufacture of the poison was destroyed, otherwise, they will simply shift the poisoning to some other tea, once they realize their initial venture was caught out."

This the pirates already had figured out for themselves, but they bowed in polite acknowledgement of his wisdom, and sailed back into the Subata skyway. Using the clues the enemy samoorai had given them, they found the location of the place, Hirayama, that he had mentioned by asking around. Hirayama was the site of an ancient castle, now in ruins. Some believed the ruins were haunted; others described it as a sacred place. But whatever mysteries it held, they now knew where to look for it: in the northern hills of the Valley of the Winds.
"Just a question before we set out. Uh, who exactly IS Tazazaki's master?" Emma shyly asked. She seemed very unhappy stating the surname of the Samoorai who nearly killed her friends... And herself for that matter. But to Emma, her friends and crewmates mattered a lot more. "He tried killing my friends and crew, which if I may add are technically the same thing to me." She looked worried. Very worried.

"Y'all can go an' head out to my ship." She stated to the others.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
"Just a question before we set out. Uh, who exactly IS Tazazaki's master?" Emma shyly asked. She seemed very unhappy stating the surname of the Samoorai who nearly killed her friends... And herself for that matter. But to Emma, her friends and crewmates mattered a lot more. "He tried killing my friends and crew, which if I may add are technically the same thing to me." She looked worried. Very worried.

"Y'all can go an' head out to my ship." She stated to the others.
Egg Foo Yung shook his head. "It would do you no good to know the answer, and it would do me no good to tell it. In some things, your curiosity must remain unsatisfied. However, I can tell you that although he is ruthless, Shiro Takazaki works by his code of honor, and he is not known to seek revenge lightly. If you defeated him in fair battle, he will leave you alone -- unless, of course his master directs otherwise. So a word of advice: if you can destroy the source of poison, do so and quickly. Then, were I you, I would leave MooShu directly and not return for a while."

Frustrated, Emma returned to her ship where the others were waiting for her, and then set sail for The Valley of the Winds. Fair weather attended them on their journey, though they saw that the Valley of the Winds still bore plumes of smoke from houses and villages attacked by the Amber Horde. While the area had begun to recover, thanks to the help from the pirates, the threat of the Amber Horde was still far from over.

They began to travel towards the north. The terrain soon became rocky and difficult to travel on foot, and there was little sign of habitation as they continued on their journey. Thus they were all the more surprised and alarmed as they made their way into a narrow valley, to hear a piercing cry for help!

(OOC: okay, Melissa, here you are. May I suggest however, that although you are being chased by the Armada, that it is not any of the Elites or Kane? Just clockworks should be a sufficient threat, and Emma and company will certainly be surprised to see any of the Armada in MooShu!)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Egg Foo Yung shook his head. "It would do you no good to know the answer, and it would do me no good to tell it. In some things, your curiosity must remain unsatisfied. However, I can tell you that although he is ruthless, Shiro Takazaki works by his code of honor, and he is not known to seek revenge lightly. If you defeated him in fair battle, he will leave you alone -- unless, of course his master directs otherwise. So a word of advice: if you can destroy the source of poison, do so and quickly. Then, were I you, I would leave MooShu directly and not return for a while."

Frustrated, Emma returned to her ship where the others were waiting for her, and then set sail for The Valley of the Winds. Fair weather attended them on their journey, though they saw that the Valley of the Winds still bore plumes of smoke from houses and villages attacked by the Amber Horde. While the area had begun to recover, thanks to the help from the pirates, the threat of the Amber Horde was still far from over.

They began to travel towards the north. The terrain soon became rocky and difficult to travel on foot, and there was little sign of habitation as they continued on their journey. Thus they were all the more surprised and alarmed as they made their way into a narrow valley, to hear a piercing cry for help!

(OOC: okay, Melissa, here you are. May I suggest however, that although you are being chased by the Armada, that it is not any of the Elites or Kane? Just clockworks should be a sufficient threat, and Emma and company will certainly be surprised to see any of the Armada in MooShu!)
On the trip to The Valley of the Winds, Lizzy thought long and hard about what Egg Foo Yung said. It was disappointing to know that now she and the others could no longer return to Mooshu as long as the Amber Horde was still a threat -- Lizzy, since becoming a outlaw of Sivella, thought that Mooshu would make a good home. The Library of Contemplation had a secret chamber similar to the one in Sivella, and unlike in Sivella, food was just a short walk away, and would require no sneaking around of Lizzy. Also it was located in Subata -- a colder part of Mooshu, which reminded Lizzy of her old home in Hrundle Fjord. She knew she couldn't go back to Grizzleheim, because her adoptive brother had told her that the Ravens had used dark magic to create an never-ending winter, and he said that she shouldn't return until the wizard helping them had destroyed the dark magic. Oddly enough, that very wizard was her friend's sister...

As they were walking through the rocky terrain (Lizzy tripping several times), Lizzy examined her windstone pendent and looked inwardly, remembering a previous adventure and how she acquired that windstone. It was very special to her, and she felt she would die if she lost it.

Out of nowhere, a shrill scream pierced Lizzy's thoughts, making her jump like a scared cat and, just as quickly, wield her dagger and her rapier. She leaped to the front of the group in her fencer's position and planned to guard her friends with her life, savagely glaring at the smallest movement. She prepared herself for the worst, but nearly fell over from shock at seeing the armada emerge.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
On the trip to The Valley of the Winds, Lizzy thought long and hard about what Egg Foo Yung said. It was disappointing to know that now she and the others could no longer return to Mooshu as long as the Amber Horde was still a threat -- Lizzy, since becoming a outlaw of Sivella, thought that Mooshu would make a good home. The Library of Contemplation had a secret chamber similar to the one in Sivella, and unlike in Sivella, food was just a short walk away, and would require no sneaking around of Lizzy. Also it was located in Subata -- a colder part of Mooshu, which reminded Lizzy of her old home in Hrundle Fjord. She knew she couldn't go back to Grizzleheim, because her adoptive brother had told her that the Ravens had used dark magic to create an never-ending winter, and he said that she shouldn't return until the wizard helping them had destroyed the dark magic. Oddly enough, that very wizard was her friend's sister...

As they were walking through the rocky terrain (Lizzy tripping several times), Lizzy examined her windstone pendent and looked inwardly, remembering a previous adventure and how she acquired that windstone. It was very special to her, and she felt she would die if she lost it.

Out of nowhere, a shrill scream pierced Lizzy's thoughts, making her jump like a scared cat and, just as quickly, wield her dagger and her rapier. She leaped to the front of the group in her fencer's position and planned to guard her friends with her life, savagely glaring at the smallest movement. She prepared herself for the worst, but nearly fell over from shock at seeing the armada emerge.
Lizzy was no sooner in position than she felt herself yanked backwards. She automatically started to counter what she believed was an attack, only to stop as she heard a familiar voice hiss in her ear, "Elizabeth, wait!".

Anne pulled Elizabeth back into the cover of the bushes. "Let's see what is going on here first, before we rush headlong into battle." Anne was growing up: a few months ago she would have charged wildly into the clearing as well. But like Elizabeth, Anne's eyes were wide and dark with shock. "The Armada!" she breathed. "They seem to have been careful to not appear openly in MooShu before. We must be close to that poison factory, then."

Anne quickly scanned the area. "They don't seem to realize we are here. I only see a few of them chasing that girl. If she continues running down the valley path, we could intersect it on both sides further down this hill, where the shorter pine trees are growing. She runs through, and we ambush her pursuers. Sound good?" Anne quickly asked Lizzy, Emma, and Scarlet.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:

As usual, whenever Scarlet was traveling through rural Mooshu, her head had been swiveling in all directions admiring the endemic birds and butterflies. It was nice to see that even with the recent invasion by the Amber Horde, the wildlife was still behaving normally.

Scarlet had wandered a little ways away from the main group to get a closer look at a Blue Emporer butterfly, when she caught a movement from the corner of her eye. Glancing towards it, Scarlet was amazed to see a pair of Armada troopers walking through the bamboo forest. As Scarlet crouched down and turned to signal to the other pirates, a shout for help echoed up from the valley.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
As usual, whenever Scarlet was traveling through rural Mooshu, her head had been swiveling in all directions admiring the endemic birds and butterflies. It was nice to see that even with the recent invasion by the Amber Horde, the wildlife was still behaving normally.

Scarlet had wandered a little ways away from the main group to get a closer look at a Blue Emporer butterfly, when she caught a movement from the corner of her eye. Glancing towards it, Scarlet was amazed to see a pair of Armada troopers walking through the bamboo forest. As Scarlet crouched down and turned to signal to the other pirates, a shout for help echoed up from the valley.
As Anne turned towards her fellow pirate captains to assess the quick plan, the words faded from her lips as she spoke them. Where was Scarlet?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
As Anne turned towards her fellow pirate captains to assess the quick plan, the words faded from her lips as she spoke them. Where was Scarlet?
Scarlet looked around her for the other pirates, but only then realised just how far away she had wandered. Anne, Emma, and Lizzie were nowhere in sight. However, she could hear what sound like a group of people running up the dirt track behind her.

"That's probably the Armada chasing who ever screamed." Scarlet thought, "It doesn't sound like too many Armada troopers are behind me, but I can't let these two join the rest."

Scarlet quietly loosened her rapier and dagger and silently crept towards the two Armada troopers in front of her, carefully staying low using the shrubs and other undergrowth as cover.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma heard the scream as well. "How many times are we gonna get sidetracked?" She exclaimed and shook her head. But never the one to turn down help, she rushed off with the others to the sound of whoever yelled out for help.

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
not long away Avery leaves and is sent to his official mansion and romantic Nicholas jones comes out of the ghostly tavern's cellar nick says to his first mate grace Conrad "just because you can build ships doesn't mean you can sail one" and grace says "where did everyone go?" and nick said one cup of yum juice please! and then no one answered of course and nick looks around and see's wharf rat swords everywhere and knows that something happened! so he looked all around skull island for the water mole that runs the tavern and by the time he has gone all around he gone back to Avery's court and asks to Avery " where is the water mole that runs the tavern but then more wharf rats came and took Avery to scrimshaw and then dazzled nick takes his crew to the tavern and see's that everyone is back nick says " Emma Avery has been taken to scrimshaw by wharf rat's " Emma say's that's terrible I will need everyone to fight some more wharf rats for Avery let's go!

what happened next? will Emma and the others meet the wharf rats who kidnapped Avery and live?
we'll find out on the next role play!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Emma heard the scream as well. "How many times are we gonna get sidetracked?" She exclaimed and shook her head. But never the one to turn down help, she rushed off with the others to the sound of whoever yelled out for help.
Anne shook off her worry about Scarlet to grin at Emma and her words. No, Scarlet was surely fine. If she ran into trouble that she couldn't handle, Anne was sure they all would hear it. Scarlet knew how to take care of herself. Indeed, she could not have missed the cry for help, and might be joining them momentarily.

Anne scrambled down the hillside, Elizabeth and Emma right with her, towards the bend where she expected the path would go. Happily, she was correct, and the running girl and her pursuers had not arrived, and even better, did not yet know the other girls were there.

"Alright. Emma, go over on that knoll where you will have a clear shot once you stand up, but keep crouching until the time comes. Elizabeth, be ready with your sword on the other side of the path." Anne scrabbled a vine quickly around a sapling, and pulled it to Emma's side. "I'm going to use this vine as a tripwire. When the first clockworks approach it on the path after the blond girl goes through, I'll pull it tight, and hopefully they will fall. I only see four clockworks, so we shouldn't have a problem," she finished rather breathlessly, hunkering down in position across the path from where Elizabeth also waited.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
CdeWinter on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Scarlet looked around her for the other pirates, but only then realised just how far away she had wandered. Anne, Emma, and Lizzie were nowhere in sight. However, she could hear what sound like a group of people running up the dirt track behind her.

"That's probably the Armada chasing who ever screamed." Scarlet thought, "It doesn't sound like too many Armada troopers are behind me, but I can't let these two join the rest."

Scarlet quietly loosened her rapier and dagger and silently crept towards the two Armada troopers in front of her, carefully staying low using the shrubs and other undergrowth as cover.
Scarlet kept creeping closer to the two Armada troopers untill there was only a large tree between her and the clockworks. She leaned her back against the tree as she thought out her plan. Scarlet knew she was outnumbered, but if she moved fast enough it wouldn't matter.

Scarlet silently drew her rapier as she checked over her shoulder to see where the Armada marines were. She closed her eyes and breathed out slowly, calming her nerves and clearing her mind.

With nothing more than a flash of steel and the sound of a blade cutting through air, Scarlet spun around the tree trunk and cleanly ran the first clockwork through, her blade driving straight through the marines' winding mechanism "killing" it in a single hit.

In the next heartbeat, Scarlet ducked and spun, removing her rapier from the disabled clockwork as the second clockwork swung its halberd at Scarlet's neck. There was a solid sounding thud as the halberd's axe blade was driven deep into the tree behind Scarlet. Giving the clockwork no time to recover, Scarlet slashed at the back of the clockwork's knees, dropping the clockwork to the ground. Scarlet's backstroke nearly cut the Armada marine's neck in half, disabling the second clockwork.

It had been the work of only a few seconds, and with very little noise.

"Bien, That's two clockworks down, now to find my friends."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy was awestruck by Scarlet's spectacular performance, amazed with the speed and the stealth in which she had taken out the clockworks. She wanted to drop her sword and dagger right there and applaud Scarlet, but remained in her fencer's position and waited for the other two clockworks to come.
She didn't have to wait long. One armada sniper followed an armada marine swiftly, carrying its sniper on its shoulder. Lizzy leaped out from her hiding place and quickly snatched the sniper away from the ranged unit, then spun around with that same movement and whacked the head off of its shoulders, immediately disabling is and making it fall to the ground. While her back was still facing the marine, she took out one of her daggers and plunged it into its neck, momentarily stunning it and making its head roll forward. While the head was forward, she could see some really important wires, which she immediately took care of with her rapier. Both armada troopers were down. Lizzy grinned.
"Well that was fun!"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Anne looked around. The pine scrub forest was now quiet. She and Emma had quickly dispatched the other two Armada soldiers, and with Elizabeth and Scarlet here now as well, the Armada patrol had been very swiftly dealt with. Not their best troops, Anne reflected, considering the ease with which they had been defeated. It made sense: why would the Armada send their shock troops to a region populated by farmers and artisans, whose warriors were divided in the struggle for power and battered by barbarian raids as the Emperor suffered under his curse. As for the barbarians, Anne suspected a suitable 'greasing of palms' would keep the Amber Horde from attacking Armada interests here. Indeed, they well might be allies.

Certainly, they had better expect the 'Armada interests' here to be well guarded, Anne thought to herself as she scurried up the trail a little to greet the fugitive. The girl, Melissa, was unhurt save a few scrapes, and turned out to be another pirate like themselves. From another dimension like Madame Vadima had mentioned? Anne wondered privately.

Meanwhile, Emma, as appropriate for the one who bore the ranged weapons, was keeping watch. A glint made her jump nervously, and she looked closely in that direction. A very small fox, the slanting sunlight glancing off its dark eyes making them glitter like jewels, stood in the forest clearing, not 20 feet away. Emma stared at it, and the little creature stared back. Then, with an action that seemed very deliberate, the fox turned slowly and began to trot slowly north. It turned back once to stare at Emma again, and then continued its leisurely trot.

Emma blinked. Was she going mad, or did that fox seem to want them to follow?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Anne looked around. The pine scrub forest was now quiet. She and Emma had quickly dispatched the other two Armada soldiers, and with Elizabeth and Scarlet here now as well, the Armada patrol had been very swiftly dealt with. Not their best troops, Anne reflected, considering the ease with which they had been defeated. It made sense: why would the Armada send their shock troops to a region populated by farmers and artisans, whose warriors were divided in the struggle for power and battered by barbarian raids as the Emperor suffered under his curse. As for the barbarians, Anne suspected a suitable 'greasing of palms' would keep the Amber Horde from attacking Armada interests here. Indeed, they well might be allies.

Certainly, they had better expect the 'Armada interests' here to be well guarded, Anne thought to herself as she scurried up the trail a little to greet the fugitive. The girl, Melissa, was unhurt save a few scrapes, and turned out to be another pirate like themselves. From another dimension like Madame Vadima had mentioned? Anne wondered privately.

Meanwhile, Emma, as appropriate for the one who bore the ranged weapons, was keeping watch. A glint made her jump nervously, and she looked closely in that direction. A very small fox, the slanting sunlight glancing off its dark eyes making them glitter like jewels, stood in the forest clearing, not 20 feet away. Emma stared at it, and the little creature stared back. Then, with an action that seemed very deliberate, the fox turned slowly and began to trot slowly north. It turned back once to stare at Emma again, and then continued its leisurely trot.

Emma blinked. Was she going mad, or did that fox seem to want them to follow?
Emma hesitated. She was not certain about this, but never one to challenge the supernatural, followed the fox at the same leisurely pace. She asked herself the same question as earlier- was she going mad? Was this all some hallucination or was this reality? Confusion plagued her as she continue along, not far behind the little fox. It seemed to wink at her with those gleaming, crystal-like eyes as she followed, and all Emma thought to provide was a sweet yet nervous smile.

Leaves crunched beneath her boots as she strode along the forest. She was starting to wish she explained everything to Anne to see if it was just a hallucination or if she saw it too.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh my goodness that is a ton of pirates walking into the tavern for a "quiet" morning. I'm not sure how this will work out
Cat beard :we're are we going .kan po:to skull island our story is not over yet.madame vadima: good to see you again romantic rebbeca ivring .captain Avery : you have a piece of the map .rat beard: we need to go back to Valencia but we need to find a way to sneak in Valencia again.captain Avery sorry I am busy right now .mormo:I want to go to mooshu .serpent augur says yes crew members .the common doer would you like some cholcate raspberry tea .this is also my first role play so forgive me if I am bad at this .

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Emma hesitated. She was not certain about this, but never one to challenge the supernatural, followed the fox at the same leisurely pace. She asked herself the same question as earlier- was she going mad? Was this all some hallucination or was this reality? Confusion plagued her as she continue along, not far behind the little fox. It seemed to wink at her with those gleaming, crystal-like eyes as she followed, and all Emma thought to provide was a sweet yet nervous smile.

Leaves crunched beneath her boots as she strode along the forest. She was starting to wish she explained everything to Anne to see if it was just a hallucination or if she saw it too.
Anne grinned at Elizabeth and Scarlet. "Nicely done, you two. I did worry about you for a moment or two, Scarlet, when I didn't see you with us, but I knew you could take care of yourself. Very well, as it happens," Anne added with a laugh.

Anne looked up and over at the knoll where Emma had been standing to bring her into the general merriment, and saw the musketeer striding purposefully away -- not hurrying, but in evident concentration. Anne glanced at the position of the sun. Emma was striding north, which would be in the direction of the ancient ruins, according to the information given by one of the local people. Well, that was pretty much the direction they needed to go to find the source of the tea poisoning. Anne shrugged and nodded to the others. "It looks like Emma found something. Come on, let's follow her!"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Anne grinned at Elizabeth and Scarlet. "Nicely done, you two. I did worry about you for a moment or two, Scarlet, when I didn't see you with us, but I knew you could take care of yourself. Very well, as it happens," Anne added with a laugh.

Anne looked up and over at the knoll where Emma had been standing to bring her into the general merriment, and saw the musketeer striding purposefully away -- not hurrying, but in evident concentration. Anne glanced at the position of the sun. Emma was striding north, which would be in the direction of the ancient ruins, according to the information given by one of the local people. Well, that was pretty much the direction they needed to go to find the source of the tea poisoning. Anne shrugged and nodded to the others. "It looks like Emma found something. Come on, let's follow her!"
Lizzy, still grinning like a she-devil from killing the clockworks, dashed up the hill quickly and quietly, shortly catching up to Emma. Once she spied the fox, her eyes widened and she backed away to whisper to Anne. Once she stood beside her friend, she lowered her voice and spoke: "I've seen this sort of thing before, with a goat who could oddly dispense Coca-Cola. We should be by here side at all times, this could be a special journey for Emma, and a dangerous one at that."
Then she paused. "Do you think that fox dispenses Mountain-Dew?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy, still grinning like a she-devil from killing the clockworks, dashed up the hill quickly and quietly, shortly catching up to Emma. Once she spied the fox, her eyes widened and she backed away to whisper to Anne. Once she stood beside her friend, she lowered her voice and spoke: "I've seen this sort of thing before, with a goat who could oddly dispense Coca-Cola. We should be by here side at all times, this could be a special journey for Emma, and a dangerous one at that."
Emma continued after the fox, wide-eyed and concentrated. She didn't even notice Lizzy, Scarlet, or Anne trailing close behind her. She did her best to stay at the same leisurely pace, and was cautious not to spook the small fox with the jewel-like eyes. She wasn't sure where she was going, but still didn't feel like bothering anyone about it. She wasn't intending on stopping, either. Crunching sounded from the leaves, dirt, and sticks beneath the heels of her boots, and Emma could only hope that it didn't scare the sweet fox.

"Ummmm... May I ask where we're goin'?" Emma asked the fox. No answer came... And she didn't expect one to. "Ok then, uh, I'll just keep walking..."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The little fox stopped for a moment, turned its narrow head, and gave Elizabeth a LOOK. Then it proceeded to continue trotting up the slope of the mountain, where in the distance could be seen the ruins of the ancient castle of Hirayama.

(OOC: LOL! I still need to think about what exactly is happening next, as we gear up for the final fight, but I had to respond to your whimsical ploy there, Elizabeth!)

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Scarlet cleaned the oil from her rapier and slid it back into its scabbard as she walked gracefully down the slight hill towards Anne and Lizzy.

"Merci for the compliment Anne, but you know, I have been studying several different fencing techniques since I was very little." Scarlet said as she curtsied. Upon straightening, Scarlet noticed that Anne and Lizzie were both looking past her shoulder with odd looks on their faces. Thinking more Armada troops had arrived, Scarlet quickly put her hand on her rapier and spun around ready for another fight. However, all she saw was Emma following a fox.

"Curieux, I did not know there were foxes in Mooshu. Et, Lizzie what exactly is Coca-Cola? I know certain ranchers in Cool Ranch that make Mountain Dew, but I have never heard of Coca-Cola before, is it made from Cocoa?"

OOC: Just to be clear, what Scarlet means by Mountain Dew is moonshine.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The forested hill opened out into a sunny glade. Across the glade the little fox trotted towards a grove of trees, one of which was a cherry tree, which despite the season, held on to a few delicate pink blooms. As they followed the fox, the pirate girls became increasingly aware of the stillness. The air seemed... perhaps not exactly heavy, but full of portent.

Anne, who had lived much of her childhood in Mooshu, looked around in awe. "A kami dwells here," she murmured. "A spirit of this place." She frowned in thought, trying to remember what her ninja pig foster parents told her about approaching kami. Certainly the need to be very respectful. She inspected the contents of her pouch: some coins, a handkerchief, a bright feather, a pencil, several crumpled notes of paper, string, a rather dusty sweet, the last remaining from some purchased at a vendor in Skull Island -- that would do. It was probably the best she had right now. Anne found a leaf still green and flexible upon the ground, and carefully wrapped the candy in the leaf, arranging the leaf to be as pretty as possible, and fastening the package with a small twig. She then gently laid the package on a patch of moss.

The fox had not stopped for any of this, but headed straight for the cherry tree. Upon reaching the tree, it circled close around it, its bushy tail curling snuggly, perhaps affectionately, around the bark. One of the blossoms fell to the ground. The fox nudged it with its black, shiny nose, then sidled into a hole near the roots and disappeared.

Curious, the girls approached. No cherry blossom could be seen. Instead, where the blossom had fallen was a smooth pebble of rose quartz.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: Thanks Anne, for being amused by my little joke. When I read about that goat in the Percy Jackson series I laughed so hard that I cried, and I feel like this is a very similar situation to what happened in the series. In the series, Zues sent a goat that he was famous for to his half-blood daughter, Thalia, which led her and Luke to Annabeth, and to the Gorgon shield. Luke was amused by the fact that the utters of the goat dispensed different drinks, in particular Coca-Cola. I felt like I had to put that in there. XD btw I don't drink Coca-Cola myself, but rather Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist, so I truly don't know what Coca-Cola is, besides flavored soda that doesn't really catch my interest. So, to be honest, Scarlet; I don't know if it's made of Cocoa.
~
"You know, Scarlet, I don't know what Coca-Cola is made of. I hear it's a drink from another dimension that I went to once, but I didn't learn very much about it and it doesn't really appeal to me." Lizzy cringed. "It's a brown-looking drink with bubbles in it." she described.

Lizzy, a little bit miffed from the LOOK the fox had given her, blushed inwardly but followed Emma and the fox all the same.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
OOC: So... Scarlet, Lizzy, and Anne are hanging back and chatting about soda beverages while Emma is following a small fox into a strange area? Seems legit!
Oh, and to poke in a response to the soda thing, my favorite is Dr. Pepper! Drink one everyday. Helps insomnia issues in the mornings.

Emma, thoroughly concentrated by this fox, paused a moment as the fox turned its head to give someone one of those LOOKs the blonde happened to receive from others when she brought up something strange or supernatural in nature. Hey, who could blame the blonde for that one incident with the tavern roof being broken open? That was the Yum's fault! ...Or more like it had been Amy chucking Yum bottles everywhere and eventually breaching the ceiling.

But the blonde noted the LOOK was not directed toward her, but instead to Lizzy, who was trailing closely behind with Anne and Scarlet. The blonde just nodded wordlessly and walked on, desperate to know where the fox was leading her. Soon, a beautiful landscape came into sight- with a cherry tree holding onto a few pale fuchsia blossoms, the inner magenta of them blending with the blossoms. Emma watched the fox circle the tree, then disappear. Had this been for nothing...?

Apparently not, Emma soon speculated upon noticing the rose quartz resting where the cherryblossom had breezed downward. Emma had heard Anne whisper something about a kami- which, if her skills with Mooshuese were accurate- meant a god of sorts, or an Immortal by Aquilan terms. But to simplify it, Emma just passed the word off as meaning a fairly significant spirit. Emma kneeled over and not only carefully but slowly picked up and examined the smooth quartz pebble- with it's pale magenta color to it. Emma stared at it warily.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Thanks Anne, for being amused by my little joke. When I read about that goat in the Percy Jackson series I laughed so hard that I cried, and I feel like this is a very similar situation to what happened in the series. In the series, Zues sent a goat that he was famous for to his half-blood daughter, Thalia, which led her and Luke to Annabeth, and to the Gorgon shield. Luke was amused by the fact that the utters of the goat dispensed different drinks, in particular Coca-Cola. I felt like I had to put that in there. XD btw I don't drink Coca-Cola myself, but rather Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist, so I truly don't know what Coca-Cola is, besides flavored soda that doesn't really catch my interest. So, to be honest, Scarlet; I don't know if it's made of Cocoa.
~
"You know, Scarlet, I don't know what Coca-Cola is made of. I hear it's a drink from another dimension that I went to once, but I didn't learn very much about it and it doesn't really appeal to me." Lizzy cringed. "It's a brown-looking drink with bubbles in it." she described.

Lizzy, a little bit miffed from the LOOK the fox had given her, blushed inwardly but followed Emma and the fox all the same.
OOC: I hate to admit this, but I've never actually read or seen the books/movies of Percy Jackson. Of course, I can easily blame it on the satyrs. Those beasts are out to get my soul.... (I'm lookin' at you, George!) And when my cousins tried to get me to watch the movie, as I didn't want to, I started screaming the same random phrase over and over when the satyr came on screen... "SQUINTY NERGAL INK!"