Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
ooc: I never would have thought that a group of pirates would spend so much time in taverns drinking tea.
[Haha, we're a pretty eclectic bunch, yes? Just to let all of you know, my ability to get to a computer will be very spotty in the next few days or so... I will connect as often as I can]

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The group of youthful pirates and their companions finished their tea and noodles, and followed Lien-Hua down the lantern-lit streets of night-time Hamamitsu Gardens. Large moths fluttered by, seeking out the white blooms of fragrant, night-blooming flowers. Emma felt particularly happy and light-hearted; the disturbing words about darkness and death she had overheard flitted out of her mind, out of tune with the sweetness of the night. The air was filled with the din of singing insects, which became slightly muted by the rush of the winds as they approached the dock area.

Scarlet, still hoping to catch a Storm Koi but without luck yet, idly watched the group head towards a large warehouse. The young goat woman opened a locked side door (with a key, Scarlet observed, sharp-eyed. Meaning legitimate business. Probably). The others quietly trooped inside.

Scarlet wondered curiously what the others were up to. She was getting a bit bored since the fish were not biting. And perhaps they should know about that mysterious ship with the shadowed sails, which had disappeared from her viewpoint. As she sat, pondering whether to join them, two shadowy forms, short and fat but surprisingly fast and lithe, appeared near the door the others had entered. They lifted a wooden bar across the door, effectively blocking the exit from the outside.

[note: Emma knows Lien-Hua is loyal and honest... well, she's a smuggler, but an honest one... just for point of reference]

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
The group of youthful pirates and their companions finished their tea and noodles, and followed Lien-Hua down the lantern-lit streets of night-time Hamamitsu Gardens. Large moths fluttered by, seeking out the white blooms of fragrant, night-blooming flowers. Emma felt particularly happy and light-hearted; the disturbing words about darkness and death she had overheard flitted out of her mind, out of tune with the sweetness of the night. The air was filled with the din of singing insects, which became slightly muted by the rush of the winds as they approached the dock area.

Scarlet, still hoping to catch a Storm Koi but without luck yet, idly watched the group head towards a large warehouse. The young goat woman opened a locked side door (with a key, Scarlet observed, sharp-eyed. Meaning legitimate business. Probably). The others quietly trooped inside.

Scarlet wondered curiously what the others were up to. She was getting a bit bored since the fish were not biting. And perhaps they should know about that mysterious ship with the shadowed sails, which had disappeared from her viewpoint. As she sat, pondering whether to join them, two shadowy forms, short and fat but surprisingly fast and lithe, appeared near the door the others had entered. They lifted a wooden bar across the door, effectively blocking the exit from the outside.

[note: Emma knows Lien-Hua is loyal and honest... well, she's a smuggler, but an honest one... just for point of reference]
Emma heard the door suddenly slam shut, and something clank over the door. She turned back slowly, not worried at all. Thinking that everything was fine, she continued on, still quite happy about the tea smuggling job she had been hired for.

A cry ran out from opposite the room, where the door was. The accent was Bonnie's Irish/Marleybonian one. "Aye, the door's been locked on us!"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:

ooc: Please ignore my previous post as it doesn't quite fit the plot line anymore, I may try to fit it in again later.

Seeing that her new friends were likely to be the subjects of an ambush, Scarlet quietly stood and folded up her fishing net. Sticking to the shadows and making as little noise as possible, Scarlet made her way to the barred warehouse door.

The two small figures were already gone, but Scarlet noticed two pairs of hoof prints heading around to the other side of the warehouse.

"Ninja pigs." Scarlet whispered to herself. "They may be back, so I can't just unbar the door."

Taking one of her knives, Scarlet cut three deep grooves in the center of the board and replaced it against the door.

"Bon, that will weaken the board enough so it will break if the door gets hit hard enough. Now to find another way in."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
ooc: Please ignore my previous post as it doesn't quite fit the plot line anymore, I may try to fit it in again later.

Seeing that her new friends were likely to be the subjects of an ambush, Scarlet quietly stood and folded up her fishing net. Sticking to the shadows and making as little noise as possible, Scarlet made her way to the barred warehouse door.

The two small figures were already gone, but Scarlet noticed two pairs of hoof prints heading around to the other side of the warehouse.

"Ninja pigs." Scarlet whispered to herself. "They may be back, so I can't just unbar the door."

Taking one of her knives, Scarlet cut three deep grooves in the center of the board and replaced it against the door.

"Bon, that will weaken the board enough so it will break if the door gets hit hard enough. Now to find another way in."
Suddenly, a voice sounded behind Scarlet. "What are you doing?"

Behind her was a Buccaneer with shoulder length red hair, a slightly narrowed chocolate brown eye, a smirk, and she was dressed in a red jacket with silver metal plates added on, with brown pants and black boots. A helmet was under her arm, while a large axe, similar to that of Friar Sand's, was placed in her other hand. An eyepatch covered her right eye.

Her voice was calm, relaxed, and very insouciant. Her tone, however, was very demanding and curious, and it was obvious she wanted to know who Scarlet was. "Uh, am I going to receive an answer from you or not?"

Soon the redhead shrugged. "I'm guessing you'd like to know my name?" As Scarlet nodded in response to the Buccaneer's inquiry, she nodded. "I'm Amy, Amy Laverne. Nice to meet you. And you would be..?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Emma heard the door suddenly slam shut, and something clank over the door. She turned back slowly, not worried at all. Thinking that everything was fine, she continued on, still quite happy about the tea smuggling job she had been hired for.

A cry ran out from opposite the room, where the door was. The accent was Bonnie's Irish/Marleybonian one. "Aye, the door's been locked on us!"
Lien-Hua turned from the tea bales she had just been about to show Emma. She looked puzzled at Bonnie Anne's call of alarm. "That's not possible. I left the door open and unlocked, in case the winds blew it shut. There should be no one else here at this hour. Maybe the wood is just swollen? It sometimes gets that way," she considered calmly.

Anne drew her slim rapier and dagger and looked around warily. The warehouse had narrow lanes, set at neat right angles to each other in order to separate the vast stacks of crates, barrels, and evenly piled sacks that determined the margins of the various owners of the goods stored in the warehouse. The towering stacks created deep shadows, and little was illuminated from the lanterns they had brought with them. She listened carefully, but there were no noises out of place that she could discern. However, hearing nothing did not mean that no threat was present. She had learned that lesson from sad experience.

[ooc: I love that comment about the non-conductive net, Scarlet. Yes, I hope you can use it again. And, Highlander Fox, what do you think of "squiggly lines of DOOM" being revealed as... "Tea Leaves of DOOM!"?]

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
A witchdoctor magically appears in town looking for the tavern dragging her big ol' ape companion with her with news about the tea smuggling and why its so popular.

It is said that a millennium ago an ancient pirate witchdoctor forever placed a spell on the tea leaves to help the poor rat infested lands recover from poverty as every now and then a tea leaf would burst into a huge treasure chest full of gold, jewels and bananas.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Suddenly, a voice sounded behind Scarlet. "What are you doing?"

Behind her was a Buccaneer with shoulder length red hair, a slightly narrowed chocolate brown eye, a smirk, and she was dressed in a red jacket with silver metal plates added on, with brown pants and black boots. A helmet was under her arm, while a large axe, similar to that of Friar Sand's, was placed in her other hand. An eyepatch covered her right eye.

Her voice was calm, relaxed, and very insouciant. Her tone, however, was very demanding and curious, and it was obvious she wanted to know who Scarlet was. "Uh, am I going to receive an answer from you or not?"

Soon the redhead shrugged. "I'm guessing you'd like to know my name?" As Scarlet nodded in response to the Buccaneer's inquiry, she nodded. "I'm Amy, Amy Laverne. Nice to meet you. And you would be..?"
"Bonjour Mlle Laverne, Je m'appelle Scarlet." Scarlet politely replied, then after a few seconds of receiving a blank stare from Amy, Scarlet repeated herself, "Good evening, Miss Laverne. I'm Scarlet Kidd."

Scarlet could tell Amy was a fellow pirate despite her Marleybonean Naval uniform, but she still wasn't sure if she could trust Amy. Scarlet was also hoping that Amy had not seen her trick with the board.

"I was just looking for some friends of mine, I last saw them near this warehouse." Scalet said as she surreptitiously looked around for a convient escape or distraction she could use.
Seeing no obviouse escape, Scarlet decided to try and trick Amy into revealing if she knew Emma and Anne.

"By the way Miss Laverne, you wouldn't by any chance know who the captain of the Silver Rain is do you? I was hoping to book passage on it back to Skull Island." Scarlet asked trying to remain polite.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Lien-Hua turned from the tea bales she had just been about to show Emma. She looked puzzled at Bonnie Anne's call of alarm. "That's not possible. I left the door open and unlocked, in case the winds blew it shut. There should be no one else here at this hour. Maybe the wood is just swollen? It sometimes gets that way," she considered calmly.

Anne drew her slim rapier and dagger and looked around warily. The warehouse had narrow lanes, set at neat right angles to each other in order to separate the vast stacks of crates, barrels, and evenly piled sacks that determined the margins of the various owners of the goods stored in the warehouse. The towering stacks created deep shadows, and little was illuminated from the lanterns they had brought with them. She listened carefully, but there were no noises out of place that she could discern. However, hearing nothing did not mean that no threat was present. She had learned that lesson from sad experience.

[ooc: I love that comment about the non-conductive net, Scarlet. Yes, I hope you can use it again. And, Highlander Fox, what do you think of "squiggly lines of DOOM" being revealed as... "Tea Leaves of DOOM!"?]
(OOC: Anne, I thought that was creative as heck. Nice work there girl!)

Emma shrugged, but her hand was placed near her cutlass in case of emergency. The luminous glow in her lantern began to fade sluggishly, and the shadows once smaller increased in size. Emma glanced around to see if she could see anything, but darkness enveloped the area, besides the fading illuminations of the group's lanterns, which only lit a small circle that only closed in within the following minutes. It wasn't long before Emma's lantern faded, followed by Gracie's.

Bonnie was still trying to break down the door, using her sniper musket to whack the center of the double doors, but still trying not to break her only weapon. When the pressure of the fox's musket didn't work, she started to kick it... roughly. No matter what, it wasn't falling.

"Aye, the door's locked alright," the fox Sniper commented as she stopped. "I don't think any o' the wood is swollen." She aimed one more kick at it, but whatever was holding them back wasn't weakening. "Plus, I know a lot of people who'd be here at this hour."

Matthew knew of one, but he wasn't saying a word about it.

(OOC: CyberMaster, I hope you don't mind that I added that last thing.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bonnie Anne gave the door one last kick. This time, she thought she heard the splintering of wood, but her attention was immediately distracted as the main doors to the warehouse opened widely with a massive creaking noise, and the cool night air streamed into the large building, raising puffs of dust in the lantern light. Everyone's attention was drawn to the Bull samoorai who entered with even, bold steps, flanked by two samoorai archers who bore impassive expressions illuminated by the large globe lanterns they carried with them. Though she legitimately rented her corner of the warehouse, faced with obvious authority, Lien-Hua reflexively tried to hide behind her tea bales.

The samoorai stopped in front of the cluster of pirate captains. The central one put his large hand on the hilt of his katana, and bowed in curt politeness. "Foreigners to MooShu, I am the samoorai Shiro Takazaki." But Anne, who was familiar with MooShu customs, noted that it was strange that he did not give the name of the lord he served as samoorai.

He looked at Emma. "And you are Emma Everhart?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"We are on legitimate business here," Anne quickly spoke. "We are no thieves in the night."

Shiro Takazaki ignored her, waiting calmly for Emma to reply.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: Anne, I thought that was creative as heck. Nice work there girl!)

Emma shrugged, but her hand was placed near her cutlass in case of emergency. The luminous glow in her lantern began to fade sluggishly, and the shadows once smaller increased in size. Emma glanced around to see if she could see anything, but darkness enveloped the area, besides the fading illuminations of the group's lanterns, which only lit a small circle that only closed in within the following minutes. It wasn't long before Emma's lantern faded, followed by Gracie's.

Bonnie was still trying to break down the door, using her sniper musket to whack the center of the double doors, but still trying not to break her only weapon. When the pressure of the fox's musket didn't work, she started to kick it... roughly. No matter what, it wasn't falling.

"Aye, the door's locked alright," the fox Sniper commented as she stopped. "I don't think any o' the wood is swollen." She aimed one more kick at it, but whatever was holding them back wasn't weakening. "Plus, I know a lot of people who'd be here at this hour."

Matthew knew of one, but he wasn't saying a word about it.

(OOC: CyberMaster, I hope you don't mind that I added that last thing.)
A white haired buccaneer walked up to Bonnie Anne and with a heavy marleybonian accent asked,"need some help?" With her monquisten poleaxe ,extra heavy, smashed it against the doors,slintering the wood and cracking the lock. there you go then" she said as she ran away into darkness.

WHO is this pirate? WHY did she help? WHERE did she go?

so many questions! no answers! roleplay.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
"Bonjour Mlle Laverne, Je m'appelle Scarlet." Scarlet politely replied, then after a few seconds of receiving a blank stare from Amy, Scarlet repeated herself, "Good evening, Miss Laverne. I'm Scarlet Kidd."

Scarlet could tell Amy was a fellow pirate despite her Marleybonean Naval uniform, but she still wasn't sure if she could trust Amy. Scarlet was also hoping that Amy had not seen her trick with the board.

"I was just looking for some friends of mine, I last saw them near this warehouse." Scalet said as she surreptitiously looked around for a convient escape or distraction she could use.
Seeing no obviouse escape, Scarlet decided to try and trick Amy into revealing if she knew Emma and Anne.

"By the way Miss Laverne, you wouldn't by any chance know who the captain of the Silver Rain is do you? I was hoping to book passage on it back to Skull Island." Scarlet asked trying to remain polite.
Amy nodded. "You're a pirate too, Im guessing? If not then I'm doomed," the redhead added with a laugh. She listened to what else Scarlet said, and replied, "Silver Rain? Oh, yea, I think it belongs to some blonde I helped with a raid on the Armada... Was it Esmee, Emmaline... Oh yea, Emma." Amy nodded.

However, the redhead was curious as to why Scarlet was asking about Emma. Yea, Amy knew her, but not well. They'd worked together before and been successful, but that was about it. But if she had asked about- Nevermind,

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
[By the way, the samoorai have not offered any violence, at least not yet. Shiro Takazaki seems to want to talk. Just to let you know. And, away from this topic, and elsewhere, thank you Emma for your sweet words!]

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Amy nodded. "You're a pirate too, Im guessing? If not then I'm doomed," the redhead added with a laugh. She listened to what else Scarlet said, and replied, "Silver Rain? Oh, yea, I think it belongs to some blonde I helped with a raid on the Armada... Was it Esmee, Emmaline... Oh yea, Emma." Amy nodded.

However, the redhead was curious as to why Scarlet was asking about Emma. Yea, Amy knew her, but not well. They'd worked together before and been successful, but that was about it. But if she had asked about- Nevermind,
Scarlet knew that Amy was going to be as obscure with her answers and Scarlet was with her questions. Scarlet also had no idea what was happening in side the warehouse so, she took a gamble.

"Since you seem to know Emma, I guess I can tell you that she's inside the warehouse, probably soon to be the subject of an ambush. I think she could probably use some help, I was just looking for another way inside if you want to join in the fun."

Amy agreed to help Scarlet and together, they snuck around the side of the warehouse to main doors just in time to see a group of samoorai walking boldly into the warehouse.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Bonnie Anne gave the door one last kick. This time, she thought she heard the splintering of wood, but her attention was immediately distracted as the main doors to the warehouse opened widely with a massive creaking noise, and the cool night air streamed into the large building, raising puffs of dust in the lantern light. Everyone's attention was drawn to the Bull samoorai who entered with even, bold steps, flanked by two samoorai archers who bore impassive expressions illuminated by the large globe lanterns they carried with them. Though she legitimately rented her corner of the warehouse, faced with obvious authority, Lien-Hua reflexively tried to hide behind her tea bales.

The samoorai stopped in front of the cluster of pirate captains. The central one put his large hand on the hilt of his katana, and bowed in curt politeness. "Foreigners to MooShu, I am the samoorai Shiro Takazaki." But Anne, who was familiar with MooShu customs, noted that it was strange that he did not give the name of the lord he served as samoorai.

He looked at Emma. "And you are Emma Everhart?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"We are on legitimate business here," Anne quickly spoke. "We are no thieves in the night."

Shiro Takazaki ignored her, waiting calmly for Emma to reply.
Emma nodded slowly. "Hai, Ema wa watashi no namaedesu. Sore wa, Tazazaki Shiro anata no aete ureshidesu." The blonde was fluent in Mooshuise, the language of Mooshu.

When she received confused looks from the others, she said again, "Yes, I'm Emma Everhart. It's nice to meet you, Shiro Tazazaki."

Gracie hadn't even known what she said. The dog was an engineer, and wasn't as practiced in language as some others.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
The sound of heavy footsteps stomped across the wood floor to the captains bedroom. The captain, sitting in a large leather chair faced towards the doorway, held up a mirror to observe his handsome features as well as the mountains of gold, jewels, and other valuable treasures he has plundered over the years.

A large muscular cutthroat shark appeared in his doorway, his heavy breathing causing his chest to rise and fall with each breath. "Captain, one of the other deckhands has discovered a treasure cargo ship sailing just a few miles away. It's said to be caring at least a thousand crates of gold bars. Shall I alert the rest of the crew to rig the main ship for battle?"

The captain did not answer, instead he turned his mirror, continuing to observe the treasures piled up in his bedroom. "Captain, shall I tell the crew?," the shark said starting to grow a little impatient. "No, Davy, we aren't going after that ship," the captain said as he lowered his mirror down to look his first mate in the eyes.

The shark's jaw dropped down in disbelief. "Captain, what are you saying?" We could buy 2 new galleons for your fleet with that much gold!" The captain looked back at the shark, with a stern look. "Davy, for many years, I've plundered villages, bombarded random ships and took enough prisoners to fill fort Elena 3 times. I'm done with this pirate life style, I already have everything I need. A great home to go to when tired of the skies, enough gold to by everything I will ever want, and a wonderful crew who is not only a crew, but a family. Go tell the rest of the crew to meet in the dinning hall for a meeting."

The shark bared his teeth and growled deeply. "You worked so hard all those years and now you give up your pirate lifestyle? You're not my captain anymore, I'm going to find a new captain, one who wont go soft!" The shark grabbed a sword, a small chest of gold and leaped from the window and hit the ground with a loud thud, he ran off into the jungle and vanished.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Shiro Takazaki looked momentarily impressed by the MooShuese greeting Emma gave him. "I can see why my master has a certain... fondness for you, Captain Everhart." His gaze regained an impassive stare as he looked around at the captains and companions that ringed Emma, weapons warily at the ready. "I also see that you brought friends. Unexpected. But, no matter."

"My master fears you are a threat to one of his present plans. But as well as having some respect for you, my master also abhors ... unnecessary... violence. My master thus believed a few words about Spiral-rending dangers into the right ears would keep you grounded and unable to interfere with us. Sadly, it appears you ignored the warnings. Most regrettable." He slowly drew his katana, and at the sound, dozens of glittering, beady eyes appeared out of the shadows. Lien-Hua, ineffectually crouched behind her tea bales, gave an involuntary whimper of fear.

"Kill them all. Dispose of their bodies quietly so as not to alert the authorities," he ordered coldly, as with the next breath he charged forward at Emma.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Scarlet knew that Amy was going to be as obscure with her answers and Scarlet was with her questions. Scarlet also had no idea what was happening in side the warehouse so, she took a gamble.

"Since you seem to know Emma, I guess I can tell you that she's inside the warehouse, probably soon to be the subject of an ambush. I think she could probably use some help, I was just looking for another way inside if you want to join in the fun."

Amy agreed to help Scarlet and together, they snuck around the side of the warehouse to main doors just in time to see a group of samoorai walking boldly into the warehouse.
"So, what do we do now?" Amy whispered to Scarlet quietly and warily. She glanced at the other pirate nervously. "We can't just charge in now, there are Samoorai."

The Buccaneer held her axe tightly and watched the Samoorai enter.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
"So, what do we do now?" Amy whispered to Scarlet quietly and warily. She glanced at the other pirate nervously. "We can't just charge in now, there are Samoorai."

Amy and Scarlet cautiously approached the front of the warehouse. The door stood open, but it was guarded by two Samoorai warriors who stood like bookends at either side of the door. Approaching as closely as they dared, at first they heard little, save a snatch of murmured conversation brought by the circling winds.

Then: shouts! A woman screamed [that would be Lien-Hua, by the way]...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:

"No, we can't charge in, but we can sneak in". Scarlet replied, "Just watch out for the Ninja Pigs in the shadows".

Scarlet and Amy crept silently through the warehouse doors behind the Samoorai and hid behind a pile of barrels of salted carp. Using the conversation between Anne and Shiro Takazaki as cover, Scarlet laid out her plan to Amy.

"Make your way to the side door and make sure it's clear, I'm going to stay here and create a distraction if this turns ugly."

As Amy did her best to creep noislessly to the side door (she is a buccaneer after all, not a swashbuckler), Scarlet loosened her rapier from its scabbard and slunk nearer to Shiro Takazaki.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Shiro Takazaki looked momentarily impressed by the MooShuese greeting Emma gave him. "I can see why my master has a certain... fondness for you, Captain Everhart." His gaze regained an impassive stare as he looked around at the captains and companions that ringed Emma, weapons warily at the ready. "I also see that you brought friends. Unexpected. But, no matter."

"My master fears you are a threat to one of his present plans. But as well as having some respect for you, my master also abhors ... unnecessary... violence. My master thus believed a few words about Spiral-rending dangers into the right ears would keep you grounded and unable to interfere with us. Sadly, it appears you ignored the warnings. Most regrettable." He slowly drew his katana, and at the sound, dozens of glittering, beady eyes appeared out of the shadows. Lien-Hua, ineffectually crouched behind her tea bales, gave an involuntary whimper of fear.

"Kill them all. Dispose of their bodies quietly so as not to alert the authorities," he ordered coldly, as with the next breath he charged forward at Emma.
Surprisingly, Emma was calm. "Anata ga so tatakai no tame ni shitai baai, sonogo, ima anata ga itsu o motte imasu." She said in Mooshuese. The katana charged toward her, but in minutes she had blocked it with her cutlass. "Such. A. Shame."

The blonde jumped back and got her sniper rifle ready. "Any second thoughts?" She murmured.

Bonnie was surprised at her captain's calmness. A master of three Samoorai was trying to get her and her friends killed, and she was just giving them a last chance to back out.

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:

As Takizaki charged, the Archers opened fire, and a mob of Ninja Pigs leaped from the shadows with throwing stars and swords readied.
Four pigs ganged up on Felix, who grabbed the Armada halberd he had found in Santo Pollo. All four pigs began hurling throwing stars at him. Felix skillfully spun the halberd to block each one. A Shinobi proceeded to sneak up behind him while he was distracted. Felix noticed him, however, and jumped over the pig just as he swung the sword. In midair, he smacked the pig with the halberd, sending him crashing into the other four.

Elsewhere, Matthew was cornered by eight Shinobi. They all attempted to jump on him and bury him in a pile of pain, but he jumped over them at the last second, and they crashed into each other. The five that weren't knocked unconscious got back up and charged him. Matthew tossed two knives at the first, pinning him to the wall. He dodged the second pig and tripped him, sending him sprawling. The third got close enough to attack, but Matthew parried the strike, and kicked him, sending him flying into the fourth. The fifth pig managed to force Matthew to the ground and attempted to stab him. He rolled out of the way, got up, and ran to the other side of the warehouse, the pig in hot pursuit. Matthew then kicked a tea bale towards the unsuspecting pig, sending him flying to the other side of the warehouse, where he hit the wall and landed on the bale. The first pig, however, removed the knives pinning him to the wall and charged, soon followed by the one who had been tripped up. Noticing Matthew was too exhausted to defend himself, Felix tossed his halberd at one of the pigs, lodging it and the pig's sword in the wall. Felix then raced to the other side of the room, attracting the attention of the armed pig. Felix then dodged the sword attack sent his way by said pig, yanked his halberd from the wall, and smacked said pig with said halberd, sending the pig crashing into a tea bale. Distracted by the scene unfolding before him, the other pig did not hurry to retrieve his sword or notice Matthew sneaking up behind him. Naturally, he was quite surprised to find that Matthew had kicked him from behind in the direction of a nearby wall.

The two then proceeded to hurry in Anne's direction.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Dodging and ducking, Anne managed to evade the shots aimed in her direction by the samoorai archers, all the while fending off the sharp strikes of the wakizashi blades wielded expertly by the ninja pigs who now appeared around her. She did not waste her breath taunting them in her usual style; Anne had gown up among ninja pigs (albeit noble, emperor-serving ones), and knew it was customary for ninja pigs never to speak while in battle. Having already taken a quick stock of her surroundings, she allowed her attackers to seemingly beat her backwards, then once in position, she shoved the nearby stack of crates onto the ninja pigs. The stack collapsed right on top of them with an almighty crash, which simply added to the terrific clamor created by Matthew's and Felix's nimble accounts in their own battles

Her near assailants down, at least for the moment, Anne began to hurry to Emma. She heard the latter bit of Emma's cool comment, and could not help but give a wry smile. She had intended to draw Shiro Takazaki's attention with a few incendiary comments, but it seemed that Emma was holding her own. Seeing however, that Emma had pulled back and drawn her gun, Anne moved to put herself between the Samoorai and Emma, to engage him blade to blade so Emma had more room to fire without risk of being sliced by Shiro's katana...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
"No, we can't charge in, but we can sneak in". Scarlet replied, "Just watch out for the Ninja Pigs in the shadows".

Scarlet and Amy crept silently through the warehouse doors behind the Samoorai and hid behind a pile of barrels of salted carp. Using the conversation between Anne and Shiro Takazaki as cover, Scarlet laid out her plan to Amy.

"Make your way to the side door and make sure it's clear, I'm going to stay here and create a distraction if this turns ugly."

As Amy did her best to creep noislessly to the side door (she is a buccaneer after all, not a swashbuckler), Scarlet loosened her rapier from its scabbard and slunk nearer to Shiro Takazaki.
Amy watched Scarlet make her way toward the Samoorai. "What is she gonna do..." Amy murmured. She watched the other pirates battling and Emma pointing her sniper rifle at the cows.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma growled lowly as an arrow grazed her sword arm. It left a large scratch that burned pretty badly, but the blonde didn't care. Or she pretended not to. She shot her musket as best she could on rapid fire, wishing she brought pistols. The blazes of purple sparks charged toward the Samoorai until she ran out of ammunition to shoot. She then put her musket back where it was in its place slung over her back, and drew her cutlasses again.

Gracie watched Emma fighting as she whacked yet another Samoorai over the head with her sparking wrench. The dog wasn't used to Mooshu at all. Did Samoorai normally do this?

"What in the Spiral's name?" She murmured, and then called to Anne, "Do Samoorai normally do this?!"