Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay! ^_^

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
So um hey c:. For this roleplay I'm going to use my own pirate, who I'm very proud of. You can use your pirate if you wish or you can make on up ^_^. Let me start it off..

It was an unusually cold day in Skull Island and there wasn't very many pirates around. The ones that stuck around the island were all pretty much more experienced, with their fancier clothes, pets and companions. One in particular, a new pirate would assume she is from Mooshu with her exquisite black, blue and gold silk clothing and leather boots with gold designs of sky dragons. She walks into the Kraken Skulls Tavern, not pulling down the black mask that was attached to the blue and gold hood she wore. One of her trusty Musketeer companions, Bonnie Anne, came in after her. Bonnie placed her coat and hat on a hook and sat down next to her captain.

"Quiet day, isn't it?" A bartender said to the few pirates within the tavern. The only noise to be heard was the sipping of Yum and the clanking of the glass mugs being set on the tables.

[Sorry if it's bad start, hope you guys like this ^_^]

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: I think I'll give this a try! Hopefully I can still write fairly well, I'm surprised I'm already keeping this well track of all of the roleplays I've participated in already. I'm not the best multi-tasker in the world... btw, if you've been to the armor crafting vendor in Sudriland in Wizard101, that's what my character's clothing is for this roleplay.
~
A young blonde teen walked through Skull Island, enjoying the beautifully scenery and for the millionth time in her life wishing that this world had a library. It was surprisingly cold, making her appreciate the thick Gizzleheim coat and boots that she wore, but she looked a little bit like an elf because her helmet-less head was exposed, turning her nose, cheeks, and ears red. She pulled up the hood that was attached to the coat and shivered slightly, but enjoyed the weather that was so much like her own home. Now, if there were only Frost Flowers...

Out of the corner of her eye she caught the swinging sign with a symbol of Yum on it, and she pushed open the door and was immediately greeted by warmth. She strided down the isle, fur cape swishing near her boots, and sat down at the bar.

"Hello, Elizabeth!" the bartender said (OOC: Emma, I'm hoping this is you here) cheerily, setting out a bottle of yum. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

Lizzy smiled and nodded. "It sure is! The weather today is divine, it gives me an excuse to wear my old Grizzleheim clothes." Lizzy picked up her fur cape and examined the golden gryphon symbol on the back of it.

"Missin' your crew?" Asked the bartender, raising an eyebrow at the all-too-familiar symbol.

Elizabeth nodded a little meekly. "Yeah." -swig of yum- "But they're having their own adventures out in The Spiral, and I imagine they're enjoying themselves."

"Hmm-hmm." The bartender shook her head disbelievingly, but said nothing and went back to work.
~
OOC: Sorry I'm not adding any adventure to the plot. I prefer to just go with the flow.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Emma brushed back her short strands of dirty blonde hair as she finished off another crème brûlée. "Ah, so Lizzy, tell me. How are you doing? Besides being in the spirit of Grizzleheim-" she gestured to the beautiful ensemble Lizzy wore. "-and missing your crew, how have you been? Here, take a banana and chocolate crème brûlée- fresh and heated instead of directly cold." The blonde grinned and adjusted her own Marleybonian winter apparel.

(Hey, who am I to turn down Roleplays?)

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
(It's all good ^_^. And I haven't played Wizard101 in years because I'm not a member and my dad won't pay the $10 a month for another thing :P.)

"Looks a bit odd doesn't it captain?" Bonnie Anne whispered to her captain. She nodded as someone else walked in, Evan Landon, Andrea's brother. He was much more well known around Skull Island then his sister and much more feared since he was almost as good as Madame Vadima with the art of HooDoo and can do as he pleases with his power.

"Three glasses of Yum." He said, more of a demand, to the bartender and throwing ten gold pieces on the counter. The bartender worked faster than normal to avoid a conflict with Evan.

"Lay off the poor bartender, brother. Or I'll tell Blaze." Andrea said, referring to their eldest brother who was off somewhere in MooShu.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Emma brushed back her short strands of dirty blonde hair as she finished off another crème brûlée. "Ah, so Lizzy, tell me. How are you doing? Besides being in the spirit of Grizzleheim-" she gestured to the beautiful ensemble Lizzy wore. "-and missing your crew, how have you been? Here, take a banana and chocolate crème brûlée- fresh and heated instead of directly cold." The blonde grinned and adjusted her own Marleybonian winter apparel.

(Hey, who am I to turn down Roleplays?)
Lizzy smiled at her friend and graciously accepted the wonderfully warm and delicious food. She shrugged. "I've been doing fairly well lately, but I do miss the spirit of adventure." Lizzy's eyes sparkled as she remembered a little incident with a white fox and poisonous tea leaves, but said nothing about it and took a bite of the delicious delicacy. "It would be fun to have another adventure sometime, but for now I appreciate the break." Lizzy half smiled and physically relaxed, for once in her life her shoulders were in the regular place that most peoples' shoulders were. Her eyes were half-lidded, mostly because she was practically drooling over the crème brûlée. After a few moments of mind-scanning her memory and enjoying the adventures once again while still tasting the wonderful food, she spoke once more. "And what about you, Em? How has life been working out for you as a Spiral-Class chef?"

And then she caught sight of a self-centered witchdoctor who thought himself to be so important as to harass Emma into giving him what he wanted more quickly. "Excuse me," she began, noticing the extreme amount of yum that he had ordered for himself alone, "But please do not treat my friend like that. Not all of life revolves around you, so you can afford getting your yum a few milliseconds later than you would wish, like the rest of us." Lizzy casted Emma and apologetic glance, the look in her face saying 'Some people just don't know how to be nice.'

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Another pirate entered the tavern, removing her gloves and rubbing her hands together. "If I didn't know better, I would think it a balmy day in my Grizzleheim home," she joked to no one in particular. Her dark eyes scanned the room, and lit up as she saw two familiar faces. The pirate's smile flashed white against her coffee-colored skin. "Elizabeth! Emma! How good to see you!" Charlotte exclaimed, striding over to shake their hands. She looked at Lizzy with a critical eye. "You are doing well, I see. Excellent."

Charlotte was plainly doing well herself. Though taller than Lizzy, she was still short, but seemed to have gained a presence that was more impressive than height. She was dressed in beautiful armor of an ancient classic design that yet looked magnificently stylish, the leather parts dyed in purple and indigo, and the armor itself adorned tastefully with gold chasing. An indigo-dyed mantle fell easily from her shoulders, and a Marleybonean medal of honor gleamed half-hidden at her neck. A whopping big sword, sheathed, nestled along her backbone. Charlotte looked more confident than when Elizabeth and Emma had last seen her [Roleplay II, which I am assuming is sometime past], and even her movements had a more fluid ease than that of before.

"Hot chocolate, please," Charlotte requested of the bartender, and sat down next to the other two girls. "We seem to be in an intersection of worlds again," she postulated, but did not seem alarmed at the thought. "Good. I got some books from Aquila that I thought you might like when I saw you again, Lizzy. One of them should be in my pack now." As Charlotte turned to open her rucksack, her eyes fell upon the young pirate Andrea wearing purple and black silk Mooshuian garments ornamented with gold embroidery. "That girl over there is certainly wearing some beautiful clothes," Charlotte commented admiringly.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Skyway Renegades on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
(It's all good ^_^. And I haven't played Wizard101 in years because I'm not a member and my dad won't pay the $10 a month for another thing :P.)

"Looks a bit odd doesn't it captain?" Bonnie Anne whispered to her captain. She nodded as someone else walked in, Evan Landon, Andrea's brother. He was much more well known around Skull Island then his sister and much more feared since he was almost as good as Madame Vadima with the art of HooDoo and can do as he pleases with his power.

"Three glasses of Yum." He said, more of a demand, to the bartender and throwing ten gold pieces on the counter. The bartender worked faster than normal to avoid a conflict with Evan.

"Lay off the poor bartender, brother. Or I'll tell Blaze." Andrea said, referring to their eldest brother who was off somewhere in MooShu.
Emma rested her elbows on the table and placed her chin where her hands were, and watched with a raised eyebrow and a slight unimpressed look as some arrogant boy entered the room. The blonde Musketeer rolled her eyes and left the three bottles of yum on the table, not overly caring much about his arrogance. Besides, she had baking to do. If this guy tried bossing her around like that, she'd be sure to slap him a good round of times. That was a small percentage of her southern nature speaking up- in Santo Pollo, she'd have shot a round of electricity with her pistols at him. She wasn't the type to let people boss her around. She glanced inside the oven, where a chocolate cake was finishing off baking, and it looked really good, actually. To pass the time, she turned over to the refrigerator and picked up one of the specially customized bowls she used for crème brûlées- the crisp and crunchy layer concealing the rich chocolate cream resting beneath it. She turned to grab a bunch of bananas, and with the reflex of a swashbuckler, grabbed a knife from the holder and in seconds had a perfect row of banana slices.

The blonde grinned and placed them neatly and overlapping each other barely at the corners and grabbed the 'torch' as she called it and fired it up... Literally. She sprinkled an equal amount of sugar over the banana coat and used the torch to caramelize the fruit slivers. She smiled as the brownish, crisp coat layered over the circular shape of the banana slices, and she placed it to the side.

"I love bakin'," the southerner smiled her sweet smile as she spoke in her normal southern drawl. "Lizzy, when ya finish up that crème brûlée let me know and I can give ya another one!" She called to the swashbuckler before picking up the coffee she'd been brewing earlier. She loved her job at the tavern. She walked back into the outer room from the kitchen and headed over to Lizzy, and briefly poured some coffee into a mug. "Ya look tired, and I know ya aren't a tea person... Coffee?" She offered with a smile on her face.

"An' I'm doin' just fine, thank ya for asking! Little cold, but you know." The blondes smile grew wider when Charlotte entered. "One hot chocolate comin' right up. And I'm lovin' this job!"

She adjusted one of the ribbons at the back of her violet coat, and she shivered a bit. Marleybonian clothes, even winter ones, weren't very warming. She sighed.

"All I'd need would be fifteen minutes and I could go next door and get warmer clothes..."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Emma rested her elbows on the table and placed her chin where her hands were, and watched with a raised eyebrow and a slight unimpressed look as some arrogant boy entered the room. The blonde Musketeer rolled her eyes and left the three bottles of yum on the table, not overly caring much about his arrogance. Besides, she had baking to do. If this guy tried bossing her around like that, she'd be sure to slap him a good round of times. That was a small percentage of her southern nature speaking up- in Santo Pollo, she'd have shot a round of electricity with her pistols at him. She wasn't the type to let people boss her around. She glanced inside the oven, where a chocolate cake was finishing off baking, and it looked really good, actually. To pass the time, she turned over to the refrigerator and picked up one of the specially customized bowls she used for crème brûlées- the crisp and crunchy layer concealing the rich chocolate cream resting beneath it. She turned to grab a bunch of bananas, and with the reflex of a swashbuckler, grabbed a knife from the holder and in seconds had a perfect row of banana slices.

The blonde grinned and placed them neatly and overlapping each other barely at the corners and grabbed the 'torch' as she called it and fired it up... Literally. She sprinkled an equal amount of sugar over the banana coat and used the torch to caramelize the fruit slivers. She smiled as the brownish, crisp coat layered over the circular shape of the banana slices, and she placed it to the side.

"I love bakin'," the southerner smiled her sweet smile as she spoke in her normal southern drawl. "Lizzy, when ya finish up that crème brûlée let me know and I can give ya another one!" She called to the swashbuckler before picking up the coffee she'd been brewing earlier. She loved her job at the tavern. She walked back into the outer room from the kitchen and headed over to Lizzy, and briefly poured some coffee into a mug. "Ya look tired, and I know ya aren't a tea person... Coffee?" She offered with a smile on her face.

"An' I'm doin' just fine, thank ya for asking! Little cold, but you know." The blondes smile grew wider when Charlotte entered. "One hot chocolate comin' right up. And I'm lovin' this job!"

She adjusted one of the ribbons at the back of her violet coat, and she shivered a bit. Marleybonian clothes, even winter ones, weren't very warming. She sighed.

"All I'd need would be fifteen minutes and I could go next door and get warmer clothes..."
OOC: I have truly tried to make myself like tea, but I just couldn't do it. I feel bad because, to be honest, I gagged the last time I tried to have tea (which was fairly recently, and I only tasted it with you in mind). I like coffee a little more, and hopefully I will actually like it when I'm an adult, but for now both coffee and tea would make me leave the room. Thank goodness my character is different. And Anne, have you ever gone on Dictionary.com? They've got a blog sort of thing that changes every week, talking about the history of different words (one of the large ways that I learn about language) and I think you might like to check it out -- this week it's about different terms for fashions gone extinct, from the 1700's-early 1900's. I've got a sneaking suspicion you might want to check out this article...
~
Lizzy sheepishly smiled at Emma. "Is it that obvious?" Before Lizzy could continue, out of the corner of her eye she saw an old friend of hers stride into the tavern. "Charlotte!" She smiled, leaping up and hugging her friend. Lizzy blushed under Charlotte's critical eye, noticing that her friend looked healthier too. "I see we are both doing well." She said with a smile. At Charlotte's suggestion of hot chocolate, Lizzy instantly wanted it too.

[OOC: Now, Hot Chocolate, I do like. ]

"You know, I think I would like hot chocolate too." Lizzy took another bite of the delicious dessert as she sat back down, her eyes rolling in the back of her head for a moment, but as soon as she heard the mere mention of a book Lizzy jumped into full attention and leaped onto the book that Charlotte offered her. "Oh, thank you!" Lizzy breathed, examining the fine details put into the Aquilan manuscript. She instantly opened it and grinned at the wonderful text, loving the simpleness of the old language. "Thank you!" Lizzy's huge smile grew even further and she gave Charlotte a tight squeeze. "You rock!"

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Evan rolled his eyes and carefully grabbed the glasses of Yum, handing one to his sister and one to Bonnie Anne. He set his down on the table and quickly excused himself to use the restroom.

"Ignore him, he likes to be pretty cocky when our older brother is away. He doesn't mean to be like that at all." Andrea said to the few people in the Tavern. Evan came back and sat out. Just as he was about to take a sip of Yum, there was a loud crash outside followed by what sounded like swords clanging together, which caused him to drop the glass as he jumped slightly in his seat.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Skyway Renegades on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Evan rolled his eyes and carefully grabbed the glasses of Yum, handing one to his sister and one to Bonnie Anne. He set his down on the table and quickly excused himself to use the restroom.

"Ignore him, he likes to be pretty cocky when our older brother is away. He doesn't mean to be like that at all." Andrea said to the few people in the Tavern. Evan came back and sat out. Just as he was about to take a sip of Yum, there was a loud crash outside followed by what sounded like swords clanging together, which caused him to drop the glass as he jumped slightly in his seat.
Lizzy jumped from shock so hard that she slid off of her stool. Before she could land awkwardly on her bum, she did a sort of flip-thing that enabled her to land on her feet, in which case she immediately took out her dagger and her rapier and rushed to the front of the tavern, ready to defend her friends and even the rude witchdoctor with her own life.

It must have just been a simple fight between two drunken pirates, that's all.

Right?

Well, at least Lizzy hoped so. If whoever it was outside brought their fight in here, she would be ready for them. And she wasn't happy.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I have truly tried to make myself like tea, but I just couldn't do it. I feel bad because, to be honest, I gagged the last time I tried to have tea (which was fairly recently, and I only tasted it with you in mind). I like coffee a little more, and hopefully I will actually like it when I'm an adult, but for now both coffee and tea would make me leave the room. Thank goodness my character is different. And Anne, have you ever gone on Dictionary.com? They've got a blog sort of thing that changes every week, talking about the history of different words (one of the large ways that I learn about language) and I think you might like to check it out -- this week it's about different terms for fashions gone extinct, from the 1700's-early 1900's. I've got a sneaking suspicion you might want to check out this article...
~
Lizzy sheepishly smiled at Emma. "Is it that obvious?" Before Lizzy could continue, out of the corner of her eye she saw an old friend of hers stride into the tavern. "Charlotte!" She smiled, leaping up and hugging her friend. Lizzy blushed under Charlotte's critical eye, noticing that her friend looked healthier too. "I see we are both doing well." She said with a smile. At Charlotte's suggestion of hot chocolate, Lizzy instantly wanted it too.

[OOC: Now, Hot Chocolate, I do like. ]

"You know, I think I would like hot chocolate too." Lizzy took another bite of the delicious dessert as she sat back down, her eyes rolling in the back of her head for a moment, but as soon as she heard the mere mention of a book Lizzy jumped into full attention and leaped onto the book that Charlotte offered her. "Oh, thank you!" Lizzy breathed, examining the fine details put into the Aquilan manuscript. She instantly opened it and grinned at the wonderful text, loving the simpleness of the old language. "Thank you!" Lizzy's huge smile grew even further and she gave Charlotte a tight squeeze. "You rock!"
[OOC: thanks for the tip, Elizabeth, I'm going to check that out now often. Though I had to roll my eyes when they mentioned the bustle as a 19th C. fashion fad, and showed an 18th C. illustration. And I've seen people wear panniers, pretty cool looking really, but I can't myself as I actually have to work in my 18th C. clothes. But I have made panniers for dolls! I am mulling over an idea for a story where Anne gets to wear high style 18th C. clothes (panniers, sleeve ruffles, ribbons galore, the lot) on an undercover mission during a Marleybonean ball...]

~
Charlotte looked pleased at Lizzy's delight in the book, and hugged her back affectionately. "The book is by one of the great poets of Aquila, Ovid, and I got the copy from him personally. Although, when he saw that I was not yet technically an adult, he insisted on giving me the 'junior' edition," Charlotte added with a laugh. "I'm not sure why. But this is full of wonderful stories, stories of love, of laughter, of justice, of cruelty and cannibalism -- all sorts of tales, eloquently told. I know you will love it."

Then Charlotte was distracted, sniffing interestedly at the crème brulee in front of Lizzy. "One of your sumptuous creations, Emma? It smells absolutely divine. Got any more?" Looking over to Emma, she noticed the other girl was shivering. "Goodness, Emma, I forget sometimes that you are a southern girl all the way through," Charlotte commented, arising and unfastening her mantle. She handed it over to the slightly blue Emma. "Here, wear this until you can get some warmer clothes on."

She sat back down again, taking a sip of her steaming drink. "Ah, this chocolate is delicious." But Charlotte had hardly the chance to take another sip, before she too heard the sounds of conflict outside the inn. She frowned, and froze momentarily, listening. Avery sanctioned controlled brawling, so any fights that broke out were usually simply directed to the brawling halls; and if the combatants did not take heed, well, they usually got to spend the night in the local jail cells to mull things over. Was the commotion outside one of the usual minor ones, or did it herald something more serious?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'd like to get Scarlet into this more wintery version of Skull Island, she'd definetly enjoy the colder weather. I'm not sure how to work her in right now. With a possible fight outside, it doesn't seem right to have her just calmly walk into the tavern.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
[OOC: thanks for the tip, Elizabeth, I'm going to check that out now often. Though I had to roll my eyes when they mentioned the bustle as a 19th C. fashion fad, and showed an 18th C. illustration. And I've seen people wear panniers, pretty cool looking really, but I can't myself as I actually have to work in my 18th C. clothes. But I have made panniers for dolls! I am mulling over an idea for a story where Anne gets to wear high style 18th C. clothes (panniers, sleeve ruffles, ribbons galore, the lot) on an undercover mission during a Marleybonean ball...]

~
Charlotte looked pleased at Lizzy's delight in the book, and hugged her back affectionately. "The book is by one of the great poets of Aquila, Ovid, and I got the copy from him personally. Although, when he saw that I was not yet technically an adult, he insisted on giving me the 'junior' edition," Charlotte added with a laugh. "I'm not sure why. But this is full of wonderful stories, stories of love, of laughter, of justice, of cruelty and cannibalism -- all sorts of tales, eloquently told. I know you will love it."

Then Charlotte was distracted, sniffing interestedly at the crème brulee in front of Lizzy. "One of your sumptuous creations, Emma? It smells absolutely divine. Got any more?" Looking over to Emma, she noticed the other girl was shivering. "Goodness, Emma, I forget sometimes that you are a southern girl all the way through," Charlotte commented, arising and unfastening her mantle. She handed it over to the slightly blue Emma. "Here, wear this until you can get some warmer clothes on."

She sat back down again, taking a sip of her steaming drink. "Ah, this chocolate is delicious." But Charlotte had hardly the chance to take another sip, before she too heard the sounds of conflict outside the inn. She frowned, and froze momentarily, listening. Avery sanctioned controlled brawling, so any fights that broke out were usually simply directed to the brawling halls; and if the combatants did not take heed, well, they usually got to spend the night in the local jail cells to mull things over. Was the commotion outside one of the usual minor ones, or did it herald something more serious?
OOC: Please please please please please tell me you're going to turn that into a roleplay! My friend and I are this very second, as I type, fighting the Metal Guardian in Mooshu before we go to Marleybone, and by the time the next message boards update and you've made a roleplay about it, we're bound to be in Marleybone. Maybe a masquerade ball will help disguise Anne?

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Andrea and Evan ran outside the Tavern to see what was going on. Someone had been harassing a Krokotopian girl. Evan pushed the wharf rat away and turned around to make an attempt to flirt with the girl. Andrea rolled her eyes and told the wharf rat to leave and when he refused, she pulled her butterfly knives from her belt and simply said, "I recommend you leave." The wharf rat took off. Andrea turned to see the girl and her brother had already gone inside. She shook her head and looked over in the direction where her ship was docked. Next to it was Evan's with the red and black fish. And next to it, the infamous orange and black flag of Blaze Landon.

"Evan!" Andrea called into the Tavern. "Blaze is back." The sound of his name caused Evan to look up.

"Hide in the cellar and wait for him to walk in like old times?" He asked, standing up. She nodded and away they went down to the cellar.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:

~

The blonde's ears perked up at the sound of steel clanking against steel, the traditional noise of a pirate conflict in the marketplace. Shrugging it off, she decided to just go ahead and continue on her job- if she still wanted the gold! She smiled as Charlotte handed her the mantle.

"Thank ya Charlotte- sometimes I doubt I'm even cut out for cold weather like this." She laughed before turning back and grabbing another crème brûlée dish, the crispy chocolate shell having a cluster of bananas resting atop it. Emma grabbed the torch again, as well as some sugar, and coated the top with the particles of ivory sweetness. She cautiously covered the banana blanket with a coat of crystal-like sugar, and then placed the Polarian dessert in front of Charlotte, but briefly adding a swirl of chocolate. "It comes as a surprise that I spent two years in Grizzleheim."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy gazed out of the window at Andrea asking -- no, telling the wharf rat to go away, and once he did, Lizzy sheathed her weapons but stayed there, regarding the spot where the rat had stood moments ago. Although it wasn't right for him to harass a girl like that, she still couldn't help thinking about what little respect wharf rats got nowadays, and with this thought, she slunk back to her stool and remained a good deal quieter than normal. Lizzy pushed around her unfinished crème brûlée and nursed her cup of hot chocolate, although only sipping from it every once in a while, and she shrouded over the counter top and stared blankly into the chocolate liquid.

Her mind wandered off and she became oblivious to the world around her, and a vision of her black-haired, blue-eyed friend swam into her head. Jack had been raised by wharf rats... why did they get so little respect, and how did his reputation ever survive? She bowed her head and stared at the clothing over her ensemble, not really seeing it. Lizzy no longer felt the cold, nor heard the conversations going on around her, and after the casting out of the thought of her friend, she no longer really thought anything and had turned into a blonde-haired, lightly-skinned husk.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
The blonde's ears perked up at the sound of steel clanking against steel, the traditional noise of a pirate conflict in the marketplace. Shrugging it off, she decided to just go ahead and continue on her job- if she still wanted the gold! She smiled as Charlotte handed her the mantle.

"Thank ya Charlotte- sometimes I doubt I'm even cut out for cold weather like this." She laughed before turning back and grabbing another crème brûlée dish, the crispy chocolate shell having a cluster of bananas resting atop it. Emma grabbed the torch again, as well as some sugar, and coated the top with the particles of ivory sweetness. She cautiously covered the banana blanket with a coat of crystal-like sugar, and then placed the Polarian dessert in front of Charlotte, but briefly adding a swirl of chocolate. "It comes as a surprise that I spent two years in Grizzleheim."
Once more the tavern door was opened and in walked Scarlet, still wearing her usual light leather greatcoat.

"Of course I'd find all of you here, hiding inside a tavern on such a wonderful day." Scarlet said as she sat down next to Charlotte.

"It's so brisk and refreshing outside, it's nice to see that the weather is finally getting sensible around here. It's almost as nice as a summer's day back in Polaris. It puts me in mind for a game of shinny!" Scarlet exclaimed, "But, I'd never say no to a hot chocolate, Emma."

(OOC: shinny is an outdoor version of hockey, played on frozen ponds, creeks, or rivers).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Please please please please please tell me you're going to turn that into a roleplay! My friend and I are this very second, as I type, fighting the Metal Guardian in Mooshu before we go to Marleybone, and by the time the next message boards update and you've made a roleplay about it, we're bound to be in Marleybone. Maybe a masquerade ball will help disguise Anne?
OOC: hmm, I was really planning to write a story with a mystery and a Marleybonean ball as part of the plotline, but I see what you mean. I don't want to use that plotline though (not that anyone even knows what it is yet, including me... 'cause I haven't figured it all out) Let me think about it... hmm, wait, I do have an idea that could work as a roleplay. Two, actually. And one could be really hazardous... er, fun. Yes, fun, that's it. I'll need to mull it over some more.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Oh gosh, that would be so amazing! Anne, if you do write that story, I will read it for certain! And if you were to turn it into a Roleplay, I'd join it! Most likely with Emma and Sonata... I can imagine Emma in one of those 18th century dresses.... She'd look awesome!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy looked up from her hot chocolate, now just warm chocolate, and smiled broadly at Scarlet. "Hello!" Lizzy got up, hugged Scarlet, then sat back down in her chair on the other side of Charlotte. "Yes, today's weather is truly wonderful. Not too hot, yet cold enough to snuggle up in some good armor." At this, Lizzy hugged herself, obviously enjoying the feel of her warm Grizzleheim fur. A dull painted picture came to mind that she had once seen in book about Polaris that had described Shinny. "I would very much enjoy playing a game of Shinny." Lizzy smiled again, the thought of the wharf rat in the back of her mind now.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Once more the tavern door was opened and in walked Scarlet, still wearing her usual light leather greatcoat.

"Of course I'd find all of you here, hiding inside a tavern on such a wonderful day." Scarlet said as she sat down next to Charlotte.

"It's so brisk and refreshing outside, it's nice to see that the weather is finally getting sensible around here. It's almost as nice as a summer's day back in Polaris. It puts me in mind for a game of shinny!" Scarlet exclaimed, "But, I'd never say no to a hot chocolate, Emma."

(OOC: shinny is an outdoor version of hockey, played on frozen ponds, creeks, or rivers).
Charlotte grinned. "I'd love a game of shinny myself, but freezing temperatures would be very hard on the tropical flora of Skull Island, don't you think? Come, have a seat and taste some of this delicious confection Emma made. Then we can go out and enjoy the beautiful day, perfect for us northern girls, yes? We miss our chilly homelands -- puts me in mind of The North country Lass. "

Charlotte paused briefly, and began to sing the chorus of the lilting, slightly melancholy song in her lovely warm voice: "O, the oak and the ash and the bonnie ivy tree/ They flourish at home in my own country."

"You can take the lass out of Grizzleheim -- or Polaris, any north country -- but you can't take the north country out of the lass," Charlotte finished lightly, smiling towards Elizabeth with light-hearted confirmation. As she did so, she noticed two things: one, the boy and girl who had been here moments earlier had vanished. Second, Elizabeth looked drawn and lost, her face white and blank. Charlotte touched Elizabeth's shoulder gently. "Elizabeth? What's wrong?"

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A loud voice outside yelled, "Look out, rogue Aztecasaur!" followed by a loud thump. The door burst open and a girl in a raggedy Skull Island dress came sommersalting backwards into the room. She hit the server's legs, sending a platter of chocolate cake flying through the air towards an angry looking witchdoctor. Just before it hit him, the witchdoctor's face went blank and he vanished.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
A loud voice outside yelled, "Look out, rogue Aztecasaur!" followed by a loud thump. The door burst open and a girl in a raggedy Skull Island dress came sommersalting backwards into the room. She hit the server's legs, sending a platter of chocolate cake flying through the air towards an angry looking witchdoctor. Just before it hit him, the witchdoctor's face went blank and he vanished.
Emma clapped a hand over her mouth in an attempt to prevent herself from breaking out in laughter. It was a bit rude of her, and she was a little miffed at the wasted chocolate cake, but still... Don't see that everyday!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Calamity Finch on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
"Good grief!" Lizzy cried, leaping up again with her weapons in hand. "We can't get a single morning of peace, can we? I swear, whenever this group of friends are together, we get attacked. Whether it's samurai, clockworks, wharf rats, or now Aztecasaurs!"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
"Good grief!" Lizzy cried, leaping up again with her weapons in hand. "We can't get a single morning of peace, can we? I swear, whenever this group of friends are together, we get attacked. Whether it's samurai, clockworks, wharf rats, or now Aztecasaurs!"
"I think she said just one Aztecasaur, Lizzy," Charlotte murmured practically, as she helped the Skull Island street urchin get to her feet, eyeing the lass to make sure she was unhurt. "Pity about the cake, though." Still, she was glad to see that now Elizabeth looked lively and alert instead of morose and withdrawn.

"Though it is odd that one should be above ground, in daylight. I thought the Aztecasaurs were limited to their tombs. Shall we go see what the problem is?" Charlotte finished calmly.