Post Skeleton Key sources here!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Oran from Urz on Dec 24, 2018 wrote:
Santa Rana in Castillo Sapo was a good place to farm Wooden Keys for me (three wooden keys in one run). However, Santa Rana in Santo Pollo didn't provide a single wooden key for me in 15 runs.

While Squinty might be a better place to farm solely wooden/stone keys, the good thing about Castillo Sapo is that you get unique Santa Rana gear for wear or to sell for gold farming while your key farming.
Really? My Key came from the one in Santo Pollo. (To avoid confusion, Santa Rana in Castillo Sapo and Santo Pollo are the same creature)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
The Kurghas in Airedale Pier drop Stone Keys

Merciless Meagan Quinn in The Isle of Fetch drops Stone Keys

Optimus Aurus in The Isle of Fetch drops Stone Keys

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
139
Congratulations to Lookit Light for creating a spark that flared into the first Hot Topic in what seems like forever!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
The Armada Clockworks in Beachhead drops Stone Keys

Angelus Argentus in Beachhead drops Stone Keys

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Sarab in the Isle of Dogs Sewers drops Stone Keys

Colonel Davis in Fort Basset in Port Regal drops Wood and Stone Keys

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
402
Lookit Light on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
Really? My Key came from the one in Santo Pollo. (To avoid confusion, Santa Rana in Castillo Sapo and Santo Pollo are the same creature)
Yup. Not sure why my luck was worse with the one in Santo Pollo, but it wasn't just the keys either. All the normal Santa Rana drops were not dropping there either. I believe the increase in keys at Castillo Sapo was more due to the increase of total Frogerales rather than Santa Rana himself.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Angel Angle The Li... on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
Congratulations to Lookit Light for creating a spark that flared into the first Hot Topic in what seems like forever!
Thank you! I'll keep those sources coming!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1619
The Lucci Guardsman drops Stone keys.

Dan Drake, the battle in the cave after Squinty in Solitude, can be repeated for two chances at Stone or Wood keys per instance.


Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Willowydream on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
The Lucci Guardsman drops Stone keys.

Dan Drake, the battle in the cave after Squinty in Solitude, can be repeated for two chances at Stone or Wood keys per instance.

Sergeant Segar in Avery's Court drops Wood Keys

Beemish in Skull Island drops Wood Keys

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
Gorgo in Flotsam drops both Wood and Stone keys.

All tower floors drop Stone or Gold keys.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jan 1, 2019 wrote:
Gorgo in Flotsam drops both Wood and Stone keys.

All tower floors drop Stone or Gold keys.
Remind me, who is Gorgo?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2019 wrote:
Remind me, who is Gorgo?
Gorgo is a boss in Flotsam that is first seen during Louis LeBisque's promotion quest. Only Musketeers can do him. I'm quite frankly amazed that he drops Keys!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
Lookit Light on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Gorgo is a boss in Flotsam that is first seen during Louis LeBisque's promotion quest. Only Musketeers can do him. I'm quite frankly amazed that he drops Keys!
Yeah, I farm him a LOT just because. Just check out his wiki page.... lol

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Golden Key Krampus Drops Gold Keys, and potentially other keys alongside the other two versions, too, although he very seldomy does so.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1619
Lookit Light on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Gorgo is a boss in Flotsam that is first seen during Louis LeBisque's promotion quest. Only Musketeers can do him. I'm quite frankly amazed that he drops Keys!
While only Musketeers can fight Gorgo, other pirate classes can go back to the Bad Company first promotion enemies, like Bert Finney for Privateers, Jojo Mojo for Witchdoctors and Queep for Buccaneers. For some reason, Sarah Steele's enemy, Mick Dagger, isn't repeatable, as the location does not have a sigil.


First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
402
Willowydream on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
The Lucci Guardsman drops Stone keys.

Dan Drake, the battle in the cave after Squinty in Solitude, can be repeated for two chances at Stone or Wood keys per instance.

Are the Lucci Guardsman good sources for Stone keys? (i.e. drop consistently?) I tried the Rigatoni guards, but their drop rate wasn't good for me. I get consistent drops on wooden and gold keys from other creatures (that being Squinty and The Machine), but don't have a good source for stone keys.

I love farming the Void Fish in the Valencia/Mooshu skyway for stone keys, since they only drop gold and stone keys (easy on the inventory management), but like the Rigatoni Guards, the drop rate seems low.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1619
Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Oran from Urz on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
Are the Lucci Guardsman good sources for Stone keys? (i.e. drop consistently?) I tried the Rigatoni guards, but their drop rate wasn't good for me. I get consistent drops on wooden and gold keys from other creatures (that being Squinty and The Machine), but don't have a good source for stone keys.

I love farming the Void Fish in the Valencia/Mooshu skyway for stone keys, since they only drop gold and stone keys (easy on the inventory management), but like the Rigatoni Guards, the drop rate seems low.
Squinty drops Stone Keys, too! I got a lot of them from him the other day. Surely he gave you Stone Keys?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
402
Lookit Light on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
Squinty drops Stone Keys, too! I got a lot of them from him the other day. Surely he gave you Stone Keys?
He did and he seems to drop them more often than the fish or valencian guards in total. However, as you know, the stone keys are far less often than his wooden keys. I was hoping someone knew of a stone key source that dropped keys as consistently as Squinty with the wooden keys.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Oran from Urz on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
He did and he seems to drop them more often than the fish or valencian guards in total. However, as you know, the stone keys are far less often than his wooden keys. I was hoping someone knew of a stone key source that dropped keys as consistently as Squinty with the wooden keys.
The answer is staring you right in the face. If Squinty is better than Void Fish or Lucci Guardsmen, then it's Squinty. I've actually won more Stone Keys off him than Wood! He's consistent with them, too.

(Rocco in Gullet drops Wood Keys)

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
402
Lookit Light on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
The answer is staring you right in the face. If Squinty is better than Void Fish or Lucci Guardsmen, then it's Squinty. I've actually won more Stone Keys off him than Wood! He's consistent with them, too.

(Rocco in Gullet drops Wood Keys)
I think you are misreading my post. I'm asking if anyone has seen an enemy that drops stone keys as well as Squinty drops wooden keys (yes he drops stone keys better than the two examples I gave, but Squinty for wooden and Kane for gold keys are excellent locations compared to the limited amount of stone keys that Squinty gives). In other words, if "x" equals best stone source then what is x > Squinty > Fish/Guardsmen.

However, if you have only come across Squinty as the best stone source.....he might in fact be the best source. I tried Lo Pan in hope the skeletons would contribute to the stone key drop chance.....but I didn't get a single key to drop at all.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Oran from Urz on Jan 5, 2019 wrote:
I think you are misreading my post. I'm asking if anyone has seen an enemy that drops stone keys as well as Squinty drops wooden keys (yes he drops stone keys better than the two examples I gave, but Squinty for wooden and Kane for gold keys are excellent locations compared to the limited amount of stone keys that Squinty gives). In other words, if "x" equals best stone source then what is x > Squinty > Fish/Guardsmen.

However, if you have only come across Squinty as the best stone source.....he might in fact be the best source. I tried Lo Pan in hope the skeletons would contribute to the stone key drop chance.....but I didn't get a single key to drop at all.
I'm not. Squinty does drop Stone Keys as often as Wood. See for yourself!

(The undead in Shady Hollow Drop Wood Keys, and Grim Mr. Gordon in Flotsam does, too.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1992
Oran from Urz on Jan 5, 2019 wrote:
I think you are misreading my post. I'm asking if anyone has seen an enemy that drops stone keys as well as Squinty drops wooden keys (yes he drops stone keys better than the two examples I gave, but Squinty for wooden and Kane for gold keys are excellent locations compared to the limited amount of stone keys that Squinty gives). In other words, if "x" equals best stone source then what is x > Squinty > Fish/Guardsmen.

However, if you have only come across Squinty as the best stone source.....he might in fact be the best source. I tried Lo Pan in hope the skeletons would contribute to the stone key drop chance.....but I didn't get a single key to drop at all.
While I admire everyone's determination to snag Skeleton Keys, do keep in mind that chances of obtaining them strongly differ, whether you go solo or team up, but you'll still get the keys, no matter what. It's the chance factor you got to remember.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Captain Hande is consistently dropping both Gold and Stone Keys ( also Obsidian, if you're still interested in those. )
Even though this is in Devilfish Hollow, this instance is a premium zone. Membership or buying the area is required.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
402
Trimond297 on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
While I admire everyone's determination to snag Skeleton Keys, do keep in mind that chances of obtaining them strongly differ, whether you go solo or team up, but you'll still get the keys, no matter what. It's the chance factor you got to remember.
This is kind of true. While I agree that the chances are random, but with instances like Squinty, you actually have more enemies with more chances to drop certain loot. In other words, more chests with the same loot table, does equal more drops. You are increasing the chances with the additional chests.

15 chests all with a chance to drop a key equals 15 chances which equals more keys.

4 chests all with a chance to drop a key equals 4 chances which equals less keys.

My question is if anyone has encountered an enemy that drops just as many (or more) chests as Squinty....and is on the Stone key loot table (preferably only the Stone key loot table).