Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Post Skeleton Key sources here!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Oran from Urz on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
This is kind of true. While I agree that the chances are random, but with instances like Squinty, you actually have more enemies with more chances to drop certain loot. In other words, more chests with the same loot table, does equal more drops. You are increasing the chances with the additional chests.

15 chests all with a chance to drop a key equals 15 chances which equals more keys.

4 chests all with a chance to drop a key equals 4 chances which equals less keys.

My question is if anyone has encountered an enemy that drops just as many (or more) chests as Squinty....and is on the Stone key loot table (preferably only the Stone key loot table).
Didn't someone mention that the Crokagators are a good source for those?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Someone suggested that they could be, but I fought Stephan and his croks five times and got zero keys.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Lookit Light on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
I will go try that, thank you!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
Someone suggested that they could be, but I fought Stephan and his croks five times and got zero keys.

Did you wait for more croks to show up?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Unfortunately, Wooden, Stone, and Gold Keys appear to have stopped dropping. I do have one last source, though, from before they stopped dropping. The Deep Terror, in the Cavern of the Cresent Moon, drops Wood Keys, and you can get more than one at a time from him, when the Keys come back.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Lookit Light on Jan 13, 2019 wrote:
Unfortunately, Wooden, Stone, and Gold Keys appear to have stopped dropping. I do have one last source, though, from before they stopped dropping. The Deep Terror, in the Cavern of the Cresent Moon, drops Wood Keys, and you can get more than one at a time from him, when the Keys come back.
I doubt that. Remember, there's chance factors of obtaining Skeleton Keys from enemies. Chances are, you may win keys from bosses a bit more, chances are, you might win less from mobs, but they all differ.

Just keep on fighting, and you'll keep winning more keys.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Trimond297 on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
I doubt that. Remember, there's chance factors of obtaining Skeleton Keys from enemies. Chances are, you may win keys from bosses a bit more, chances are, you might win less from mobs, but they all differ.

Just keep on fighting, and you'll keep winning more keys.
No, I agree that when Krampus left, he took all but the Obsidian Keys with him. We are all hoping to see them return when new key boss locations are added, or at the very least that Krampus will return with Yuletide in July.