Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Tip for the Parrot Island quest:
For those of you that are doing the quests in Port Regal one of them is to fetch some Totems, Charms and Tribal Ink from some water moles on Parrot Island. Most just rush in and start battles with those pesky moles and then frantically try to nab stuff while invisible until those roaming water moles tag you again and you start the process over again.
If you can be a bit patient you can do the entire quest without one fight.
When you first get on the island sneak up to the totem pole on the right and inch in until you see the "Select 'x' to get totem". (See a screen shot of the spot you need to be in by clicking here.) Hit the x and just stand there. They will respawn every 30 seconds so by just standing there you can collect all 8. Then inch in a bit further and you can reach the "Select 'x' to get charm" spot. Again just wait and collect all 8. I know that those 30 second intervals can seem like forever but you can keep your mind busy by studying the pattern of the guys running in a circle.
Once you have your first two items, back up a bit and wait for a clear spot in the runners. The two water moles that appear to guard those totem poles won't touch you when you dart through right between them. Go through the middle of the path and make a quick right at the waterfall and get along the cliff. Then run to the end of the cliff and go around to that little spot at the end. If you look on the map you are at the end of the green area, right under the 'd' of the word Parrot Island. (See map shot showing where to stand.) There is a tribal ink pot right there so just stand there until you collect all 8. Once you have them all just click on the ship button right next to the skull that takes you back to Skull Island. This will take you directly to your ship with out having to dodge anyone and risking a battle.
Now I have no idea if these guys drop anything good, if they do then by all means fight them. If you don't have to then be sneaky.
Fabulous tip Chrissy- well done indeed!

With my first pirate (Valkoor) I just went in sword clanging trying to reek havoc and collect all I could before those water moles dared to drag me into battle and face me again. By the 3rd battle I was wishing I had used your advice above. Actually I helped my son when his pirate got to that quest- I wised up and did indeed avoid battle and with every other pirate I will be sure to employ the same tactics.

Thank you for all the added, specific info- the screenshots and very descriptive details on where to place your pirate. Very vivid descriptions and in fact I pictured myself walking the sands of Parrot Island, trying to sneak my way around those water moles.

Great tip and job- as usual.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
If you are not able to unequip items from your ship, check to make sure your Backpack is not full since the unequiped item goes into your Backpack. If you try to unequip ship items and your Backpack is full, you are not allowed to unequip the item by double clicking on it and the background of the equip-hand is brown or gray indicating that you can't use it. There is NO error message shown except for when you put the cursor over the equip-hand. The error message says “You can't unequip this right now.” which doesn't really explain why you are not able to unequip that item.
Thanks for the advice and tip SlightlyMadWizard.

I am sure a lot of people have run into this, as I know I have a time or too. I also have run into issues trying to sell ship parts that are equipped on other ships. I go to unequip them as I am interfacing with the trader but they either won't unequip or I still don't see them in my list of parts and can't sell them. Sometimes I have to exit out of trade and unbottle ship- then double click on the ship parts on the picture of the ship - showing all the parts. For some reason, sometimes when I click on the parts on the list to the right (with the boxes) they won't unequip but they will if I unequip from the left side with ship picture. Pretty weird to say the least and I don't know why it happens only sometimes (my backpack is never full when it happens). Was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this besides me?

Thanks again for the tip!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the advice and tip SlightlyMadWizard.

I am sure a lot of people have run into this, as I know I have a time or too. I also have run into issues trying to sell ship parts that are equipped on other ships. I go to unequip them as I am interfacing with the trader but they either won't unequip or I still don't see them in my list of parts and can't sell them. Sometimes I have to exit out of trade and unbottle ship- then double click on the ship parts on the picture of the ship - showing all the parts. For some reason, sometimes when I click on the parts on the list to the right (with the boxes) they won't unequip but they will if I unequip from the left side with ship picture. Pretty weird to say the least and I don't know why it happens only sometimes (my backpack is never full when it happens). Was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this besides me?

Thanks again for the tip!
I have had that happen too. No idea why the unequip gets stubborn on the right but on the left side they get really obedient. Perhaps they are Democratic parts (Ya know far left? nvm just kidding anyway.) The part about having to bottle and unbottle I have had happen too, I just thought it was a way of resetting the info. Not sure if that is a but or just how it works. At least we have figured out how to get it to work, so if you younger players are having these type of issues, don't worry, it's not you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I have had that happen too. No idea why the unequip gets stubborn on the right but on the left side they get really obedient. Perhaps they are Democratic parts (Ya know far left? nvm just kidding anyway.) The part about having to bottle and unbottle I have had happen too, I just thought it was a way of resetting the info. Not sure if that is a but or just how it works. At least we have figured out how to get it to work, so if you younger players are having these type of issues, don't worry, it's not you.
Democratic ship parts....far left....that's funny- others may not but I certainly appreciated that joke. Good to know that I am not the only one that has come across this issue. I wonder if any of the developers or administrators have an explanation for why it happens or if we are doing something wrong. Or like you said maybe it is just how that part of the game works and was intended to. Or perhaps they are not aware of the issue. Definitely not a big deal as we can make it work but something worth looking into I guess.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
165
General Tip

Never neglect your nautical experience bar. Better nautical level means better ships, right? And better ships means quicker broadside combat battles. Almost there. You still need to equip your ship with some ship equipment so that it can become the best it can be.

Most ships and ship equipment requires a certain nautical level and to stay up- to-date with enemy ships you have to buy new ships and ship equipment. This is where your nautical experience comes into play. If you don't have a high enough nautical level you won't be able to get some of the better gear for your ship, or perhaps, you may not even be able to get the ship you were planning on buying.

Nautical farming helps you avoid this hassle and it can grant you some great ship gear. Fight many ships around your level and do side quests to raise your nautical level as much as you can. It really helps in the long run.

Now, if only I had listened to this piece of advice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
General Tip

Never neglect your nautical experience bar. Better nautical level means better ships, right? And better ships means quicker broadside combat battles. Almost there. You still need to equip your ship with some ship equipment so that it can become the best it can be.

Most ships and ship equipment requires a certain nautical level and to stay up- to-date with enemy ships you have to buy new ships and ship equipment. This is where your nautical experience comes into play. If you don't have a high enough nautical level you won't be able to get some of the better gear for your ship, or perhaps, you may not even be able to get the ship you were planning on buying.

Nautical farming helps you avoid this hassle and it can grant you some great ship gear. Fight many ships around your level and do side quests to raise your nautical level as much as you can. It really helps in the long run.

Now, if only I had listened to this piece of advice.
Another great tip Scarlet

It is funny that you brought up this tip, because lately in the game I have seen lots of high level pirates 50 - Maxed, asking for help with ship battles because their Nautical level is still in mid 30s. I for one love to stay on top of my Nautical level because I rather enjoy naval warfare in the skyways. That being said, it serves you well to not be outgunned because as we all now- being surrounded by and battling much higher ships is definitely not fun.

It was hard to understand why so many high levels were asking for help due to neglecting Nautical level. There are a lot of ship battle quests in the main storyline and it only makes sense to build your XP and ship up to handle these situations. After all, you wouldn't go into battle in Aquila against level 55-60 enemies if your pirate was in Cool Ranch and 30 levels lower than the enemy.

With the advice of your tips, which I am sorry that you failed to heed your own wise words, everyone who owns a ship should keep that Nautical level up and gain naval superiority by equipping the best possible ship parts. Your life in the skyways will be so much easier.

Thanks again for the tip!

Bosun
May 01, 2012
396
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
General Tip

Never neglect your nautical experience bar. Better nautical level means better ships, right? And better ships means quicker broadside combat battles. Almost there. You still need to equip your ship with some ship equipment so that it can become the best it can be.

Most ships and ship equipment requires a certain nautical level and to stay up- to-date with enemy ships you have to buy new ships and ship equipment. This is where your nautical experience comes into play. If you don't have a high enough nautical level you won't be able to get some of the better gear for your ship, or perhaps, you may not even be able to get the ship you were planning on buying.

Nautical farming helps you avoid this hassle and it can grant you some great ship gear. Fight many ships around your level and do side quests to raise your nautical level as much as you can. It really helps in the long run.

Now, if only I had listened to this piece of advice.
A slight correction: Ships use Pirate's Level and ship equipment use Nautical Level (at least in my experience so far). I haven't found a single ship that has a required Nautical Level, only the Pirate's Level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
A slight correction: Ships use Pirate's Level and ship equipment use Nautical Level (at least in my experience so far). I haven't found a single ship that has a required Nautical Level, only the Pirate's Level.
I do believe you are right. Excellent catch. Well done.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
Maybe we could meet at a certain realm at dungeon areas, and help other players?

Anyways, my helpful tip is to NEVER surround a swashbuckler (in PVP) that is level 23 or higher. This is because they have "Shadowdance" (the talent where they can attack all enemies surrounding them that are in the square next to them.) Also, at the start of a PVP match, spread out your team so they are not in a 3x3 space. This is because many players have "gunnery" which can go across the board and attack in a 3x3 square. I hope this helps!(Is this tip to "PVP" related?)(and is "Shadowdance" the correct talent?)

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Due to some delightfully 'noodging' I will re post this tip here.
When you see that you are about to graduate to a new level, check your training points you have earned doing quests that level. If it is under 10 be sure to buy some to the max of 10 that you can buy before the price goes up. In fact if you are heavy in gold, go ahead and buy the next 10 right after you level then when you earn more, it ignores the limit and you can have more than 10 waiting for you when you level again.

This is a matter of playing style but I always keep my first mate at my level, knowing that it will cost 3 or 4 tomes to do this but everyone else I let wait until they are low enough that one tome will bring them up at least one level. And the companions that have less epics and are at the end of my list, those I let stay lower until one tome will take them up at least 2 levels. That way you get more training out of your gold.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
A slight correction: Ships use Pirate's Level and ship equipment use Nautical Level (at least in my experience so far). I haven't found a single ship that has a required Nautical Level, only the Pirate's Level.
What would we do without you SlightlyMadWizard! Great catch indeed. I think you have become the official editor and fact checker for the thread, or are just one exceptionally smart pirate. Either way we thank you for keeping us straight and we appreciate the great input as well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Melody the Swift on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Maybe we could meet at a certain realm at dungeon areas, and help other players?

Anyways, my helpful tip is to NEVER surround a swashbuckler (in PVP) that is level 23 or higher. This is because they have "Shadowdance" (the talent where they can attack all enemies surrounding them that are in the square next to them.) Also, at the start of a PVP match, spread out your team so they are not in a 3x3 space. This is because many players have "gunnery" which can go across the board and attack in a 3x3 square. I hope this helps!(Is this tip to "PVP" related?)(and is "Shadowdance" the correct talent?)

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21
Hi Melody and thanks for joining the tip parade!

Great tips and strategies on PvP combat against Swashbucklers and about defending against the Gunnery power.

I do believe, however, that the power Swashbuckler's gain at level 23 that you were referring to is Dance of Steel (and not Shadowdance). Shadowdance is a Swashbuckler Boost or Buffing power that provides one ally with a x2 critical hit chance for 3 rounds. That being said you are so right in being careful about not surrounding a swashbuckler for fear of them using Dance of Steel. The good news, or not so good news in some cases, is that any pirate that has the talent heavy armor-rank1 has access to the Dance of Steel power by equipping The Metal Guardian's Boots.

As far as the PvP tip, that is great advice. It is wise to spread your companions out to avoid getting hit with gunnery or other similar powers (or witchdoctor's AoE attacks for that matter). I don't do a lot of PvP but I have fought in battles with pirates who have the ranged powers that can attack up to 9 opponents in a 3 x 3 space (and I also have several of them as well). Gunnery is the lowest level of these powers, but against lower level pirates and enemies it can do major damage.

As your pirate gains levels you will face even tougher more superior ranged powers of this nature such as:
Artillery- Provides Major Barrage with 50% chance for fire on enemy tiles.
The Big Guns- Provides Superior Barrage with 100% chance for fire on enemy tiles.
Rain of Mortarshells- 1x damage plus scatter bomb traps

and the Musketeer class only powers:
Hail of cannonballs- +50% damage plus scatter bomb traps
Tempest of Torpedoes- +50% damage plus scatter bomb traps with knockback ability
Powder Monkey's Palisade- places powder kegs on open or empty tiles surrounding enemies

Needless to say all of these powers can do lots of damage and your tip to spread out your crew to minimize the damage is a great one.

Any PvP tips are more than welcomed. In fact, anything that could be seen as beneficial or helpful to your fellow pirates is seen as valuable to the thread.

Thank you so much for your tips and your input Melody!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
ENEMY BATTLE TIPS- Eagle Shades

These are some great tips on how to fight Eagle Shades in Aquila that our friend Golden Guardian so generously shared from another thread. We thank you Golden Guardian.

If you have found that eagle shades heal right at the dead, and then you be like and after a while you start to , then this is a vague not 100% accurate guide for you. Here are some tips that will make you go and may help you.

Tip 1 (The Focus Tip):
1.) Always focus on one shade at a time

Tip 2 (The Health Bar Tip):
1.) Eagle shades generally always heal at red health, and 40-50% of the time on yellow.
2.)Since they heal on red health, DONT MAKE thier health go red.
3.)Try and keep thier health at halfway-high yellow, then after that let everyone focus on them so they die.

Tip 3 (The DONT BE SLACK Tip):
1.) Some times eagle shades dont heal at red health. Dont be tempted to let one companion attack that particular shade while the rest attack a new one.
2.) If a shade has 500-300 health, dont let one guy attack. To be on the safe side I reccomend that at least 3 players attack that shade.

So these are my tips. I feel a bit posting this but hopefully it will help you and make you .

Thanks again for sharing Golden Guardian- fantastic tips and very well done!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Due to some delightfully 'noodging' I will re post this tip here.
When you see that you are about to graduate to a new level, check your training points you have earned doing quests that level. If it is under 10 be sure to buy some to the max of 10 that you can buy before the price goes up. In fact if you are heavy in gold, go ahead and buy the next 10 right after you level then when you earn more, it ignores the limit and you can have more than 10 waiting for you when you level again.

This is a matter of playing style but I always keep my first mate at my level, knowing that it will cost 3 or 4 tomes to do this but everyone else I let wait until they are low enough that one tome will bring them up at least one level. And the companions that have less epics and are at the end of my list, those I let stay lower until one tome will take them up at least 2 levels. That way you get more training out of your gold.
Thank you Chrissy- I will 'noodge' no more- (highly doubt that)

It is a great tip and one that I am sure often gets overlooked or players just lose track of how many tomes they have purchased on any given level. After all companion training will cause your pirate to have to get a second job just to cover the costs- might as well get the biggest bang for your buck. Great tips and thank you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
GEAR TIP- Higher levels don't always mean better gear (esp. w/ no auction gear)

Many times we think that if our pirate has 2 pieces of no auction gear of different levels-- and each with the same power card attached-- naturally the higher level gear would be the better gear. This doesn't always hold true. Often, lvl 60+ no auction gear can actually be inferior to gear 20 lvls lower, equipped with the same power.

Some examples to better illustrate this point.

Note- In the examples I'm not taking into account that the 2 pieces of gear compared are of different types. Of course your pirate's needs of a certain type of gear (hat, outfit, etc.) may outweigh any other differences in stats. For these examples, I'm only taking into account that you are looking for a specific power attached to a no auction piece of gear and comparing the attributes of the 2 pieces of gear.

EXAMPLE 1 (for )

Looking for no auction gear with the power Mojo Storm for your lvl 65 2 options:

Plantari of Eagilles (boots) Lvl 60+ w/ +6 Armor boost
Lo Pan's Cloak (outfit) Lvl 45+ w/ + 33 Resistance and +65 Health boosts

Both are no auction gear giving Mojo Storm power, but the stats on the 45+ outfit are far superior than the 60+ boots.

EXAMPLE 2 (for )

Looking for no auction gear with Mournsong power for your lvl 55 - 2 options:

Eye Patch of Palla's Wrath (Totem)Lvl 55+ w/ +99 health stat boost
Dr. Noh's Tunic (outfit) Lvl 40+ w/ +8 Will, +5 Accuracy, +31 Resistance boosts

Again both are no auction gear with Mournsong, but the stat boosts on the 40+ outfit seem to outweigh the boost on the level 55+ totem. (Especially with all the healing powers privateers already get)

EXAMPLE 3 (for )

Looking for no auction gear with Mojo Blade power for your lvl 60 - 2 options:

Helm of Ares (hat) Lvl 60+ w/ +12 Strength and +14 Armor stat boosts
Shinpan Daimyo's Armor (outfit) Lvl 40+ w/ +11 Strength and +32 Armor boosts

Again the lower level outfit's stats are greater to the hat that is 20 lvls higher!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
160
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Hi Melody and thanks for joining the tip parade!

Great tips and strategies on PvP combat against Swashbucklers and about defending against the Gunnery power.

I do believe, however, that the power Swashbuckler's gain at level 23 that you were referring to is Dance of Steel (and not Shadowdance). Shadowdance is a Swashbuckler Boost or Buffing power that provides one ally with a x2 critical hit chance for 3 rounds. That being said you are so right in being careful about not surrounding a swashbuckler for fear of them using Dance of Steel. The good news, or not so good news in some cases, is that any pirate that has the talent heavy armor-rank1 has access to the Dance of Steel power by equipping The Metal Guardian's Boots.

As far as the PvP tip, that is great advice. It is wise to spread your companions out to avoid getting hit with gunnery or other similar powers (or witchdoctor's AoE attacks for that matter). I don't do a lot of PvP but I have fought in battles with pirates who have the ranged powers that can attack up to 9 opponents in a 3 x 3 space (and I also have several of them as well). Gunnery is the lowest level of these powers, but against lower level pirates and enemies it can do major damage.

As your pirate gains levels you will face even tougher more superior ranged powers of this nature such as:
Artillery- Provides Major Barrage with 50% chance for fire on enemy tiles.
The Big Guns- Provides Superior Barrage with 100% chance for fire on enemy tiles.
Rain of Mortarshells- 1x damage plus scatter bomb traps

and the Musketeer class only powers:
Hail of cannonballs- +50% damage plus scatter bomb traps
Tempest of Torpedoes- +50% damage plus scatter bomb traps with knockback ability
Powder Monkey's Palisade- places powder kegs on open or empty tiles surrounding enemies

Needless to say all of these powers can do lots of damage and your tip to spread out your crew to minimize the damage is a great one.

Any PvP tips are more than welcomed. In fact, anything that could be seen as beneficial or helpful to your fellow pirates is seen as valuable to the thread.

Thank you so much for your tips and your input Melody!
Correction! Shadowdance is a self-only power that +2 to your critical ability, not x2. I can't find the post that explains what +2 critical means, so I'll paraphrase it the best I can.

Say that a companion has a critical strike, but it's tier one, meaning it's a super hit. (Catbeard, Hawkules, Zeena, Shiruku Neko, etc.) If you +2 their critical, and then use their critical strike power, then it will become tier 3, or an epic hit.

This information is not mine, but from someone else who I can't remember the name of...

~Quick Pearl

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
I thought of another tip today! It's sort of a continuation of my first one, but here it is:

Don't surround a Swashbuckler, but DO surround others, but be aware that they could use Gunnery or any other multiple target attack. This worked for me once when there was only one target left. (in PVP) I had a ranged companion,(It was a crazy monkey from Gortez) and two melee companions with me. I had the ranged companion be farther away from me and my melee companions. Me and my melee companions surrounded the enemy so the wall was a couple squares behind them, so it would be harder for them to run away.

This works well mostly when there is only you and your companions in the battle because if there are multiple enemies, surrounding another might cause more harm than good.

I hope this helps!

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
28
Oh- and one more!

If you arr a Witchdoctor, maybe (I'm not a Witchdoctor myself) spend some of your training points on getting skills like +6 on Stabby weapons, since Witchdoctors aren't good at close-range attacks. Then use stabby, smashy, or slashy weapons,(whichever class you chose to train in) so you can have strength in melee attacking too, along with your spells. A tip- I would recommend that you do Swashbuckler if you can because it does the most damage. Also, I don't recommend Buccaneer because you would have to train in "Big Choppy Weapons" too.

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Diskylos Zeena Fire Tip :

I know there is already a Diskylos tip, but I don't think I saw this tip there. If it is forgive me. Diskylos is a dog in Aquila with 13000 health, but here is a great tip me and my friend Bloody Alex found. Each fire caused by Zeena's Rain of fire does around 600 damage to Diskylos! That is great damage, so if you plan to face this demon dog, bring Zeena along!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Golden Guardian on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Diskylos Zeena Fire Tip :

I know there is already a Diskylos tip, but I don't think I saw this tip there. If it is forgive me. Diskylos is a dog in Aquila with 13000 health, but here is a great tip me and my friend Bloody Alex found. Each fire caused by Zeena's Rain of fire does around 600 damage to Diskylos! That is great damage, so if you plan to face this demon dog, bring Zeena along!
Welcome Golden Guardian- good to have you back.

I know you have a lot of good tips because I have read them on other threads. Even though there is a tip about fighting Diskylos, any and all are welcome because: 1) Every pirate has different companions so they must use tips that relate to them; 2) Each player has different strategies and preferences in battle and 3) Variety is indeed the spice of life. So it is great to get tips about any and all approaches players have used with their own pirates.

Case in point, the Zeena tip is an excellent one! Many people love to use ranged fighters and she is one of, if not, the best there is especially, as you stated, considering the fires she rains down in battle, causing extra damage

Great strategy and choice in a companion as well.

Thank you again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Quick Pearl on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Correction! Shadowdance is a self-only power that +2 to your critical ability, not x2. I can't find the post that explains what +2 critical means, so I'll paraphrase it the best I can.

Say that a companion has a critical strike, but it's tier one, meaning it's a super hit. (Catbeard, Hawkules, Zeena, Shiruku Neko, etc.) If you +2 their critical, and then use their critical strike power, then it will become tier 3, or an epic hit.

This information is not mine, but from someone else who I can't remember the name of...

~Quick Pearl
Thanks for the correction, Quick Pearl

I do not have a swashbuckler high enough to have the Shadowdance power, yet- so I got the information directly off the power card on the central forums wiki site. On that card it shows x2 critical hit chance for three rounds applied to ally. Here is a link to it:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Ability:Shadowdance

So I guess perhaps the wiki site needs to be updated or corrected if what you say is indeed true. Or maybe that is an image from an old card and they have since updated the card in the game itself. If anyone else knows info about this or if an administrator an/or developer has extra info in regards to whether the wiki power card is incorrect, it would be great to know- so that it can be updated on wiki for future references.

Thanks again for the info Pearl

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
SHIP FARMING TIPS:
Hi everyone, I posted this info on a thread: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/best-way-to-farm-ships-8ad6a41541a7f35b0141b2704f513f44. If you read this thread you will understand why I started at a level 34 skiff.

If you have a level 34 ship (mooshu skiff, right?), I reccomend fighting those ghost ships in the haunted skyway. They have nice drops and are good for your skiff in the early parts of mooshu.

If you are trying to fight level 46-50 ships, look no further than the subata skyway in mooshu. Jade Ships and high level amber horde ships are to the right of Subata Temple and are in the the level 46+ region. I reccomend you have a good equiped level 50 mooshu galleon if you head into these waters. Look out for the level 50 boss ships (one is Timur Khan, the other is a black jade galleon). These ships are deadly to farm, but if you are lucky you may get good drops.

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
SHIP FARM METHODS (PART 2):

To add to this I will tell you how to farm Marleybone and Aquilan ships:

Marleybone:
Level your guy to level 54 first. Buy the galleon in Isle of Dogs Docks. Go to bazzar and buy the 2nd best equiment for a marley bone galleon. Try and get your nautical Lv to 57. Dont spend much time here, because the aquilan galleon is not far off. I reccomend you fight the lv 51 armada skiffs, and if you get better drops go and fight the lv 54 cat pirates. If you dare, try and fight the lv 55 marleybone ships. If you are brave, grab a friend or 4 and kill the turret that lies there!

Aquila:
I didnt buy the skiff or frigate. In my opinion just go for the galleon. Try joining a bunch of players killing ophidian ships. It does not matter what type of ship you have here (try have a MB galleon though), because a lot of you will be safe together. Once your nautical level is at lv 62, I reccomend going to the boss ships. Pluton and Spartacos are best to be done with a friend or three! They give amazing drops!

Summary of ship farming methods:
-Fight low level ships and improve nautical level.
-Effectively stalk bazaar or kill boss ships with a friend or 2 to gain cool ship items.
-Help others. Even if you are max level, you will get gold (even if it slow process sometimes). More importantly, you will see the smiles on your friends faces!

The Realm Change Tactic:
This is the best way to farm for BOSS SHIPS only! It is fairly simple. Instead of waiting for the boss to respawn, go to the next realm and you may see him there instantly. This saves a lot of time!

Gold/Nautical EXP and Boss item tactic:
If you are looking for either or both Gold and Nautical XP, as well as getting boss drops, then this tactic is for you. Instead of realm changing after killing a boss, try and kill surrounding ships to gain gold and exp.

Hope that helped!

P.P.S: If you're looking for specific ship or any other items try :
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Portal:Items

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Golden Guardian on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
SHIP FARM METHODS (PART 2):

To add to this I will tell you how to farm Marleybone and Aquilan ships:

Marleybone:
Level your guy to level 54 first. Buy the galleon in Isle of Dogs Docks. Go to bazzar and buy the 2nd best equiment for a marley bone galleon. Try and get your nautical Lv to 57. Dont spend much time here, because the aquilan galleon is not far off. I reccomend you fight the lv 51 armada skiffs, and if you get better drops go and fight the lv 54 cat pirates. If you dare, try and fight the lv 55 marleybone ships. If you are brave, grab a friend or 4 and kill the turret that lies there!

Aquila:
I didnt buy the skiff or frigate. In my opinion just go for the galleon. Try joining a bunch of players killing ophidian ships. It does not matter what type of ship you have here (try have a MB galleon though), because a lot of you will be safe together. Once your nautical level is at lv 62, I reccomend going to the boss ships. Pluton and Spartacos are best to be done with a friend or three! They give amazing drops!

Summary of ship farming methods:
-Fight low level ships and improve nautical level.
-Effectively stalk bazaar or kill boss ships with a friend or 2 to gain cool ship items.
-Help others. Even if you are max level, you will get gold (even if it slow process sometimes). More importantly, you will see the smiles on your friends faces!

The Realm Change Tactic:
This is the best way to farm for BOSS SHIPS only! It is fairly simple. Instead of waiting for the boss to respawn, go to the next realm and you may see him there instantly. This saves a lot of time!

Gold/Nautical EXP and Boss item tactic:
If you are looking for either or both Gold and Nautical XP, as well as getting boss drops, then this tactic is for you. Instead of realm changing after killing a boss, try and kill surrounding ships to gain gold and exp.

Hope that helped!

P.P.S: If you're looking for specific ship or any other items try :
http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Portal:Items
Well done Golden Guardian- fantastic advice and tips!

Very detailed and helpful strategies to say the least. I second the tactic about changing realms to avoid the respawning waiting period when fighting boss ships. This does indeed save a lot of time and makes farming so much more productive. It is also a great tactic to use if you often farm a locations many treasure chests in search of gold. This tip was shown to me by someone I shall not reveal- by the way thanks Chrissy for the tip! OOPS- I have said too much.

As you so well noted, it is wise to stay on top of your Nautical Level and to know where to look to find the best ships for your current level. With the info you provided, it makes finding them that much easier. Also great idea to periodically hit the bazaar for good ship parts. Like you said, often you do not need the absolute best equipment- sometimes the next best is all it takes to make ship battles an easier task to tackle.

Although, I prefer to fight ships at least at my level or a couple levels higher- as long as they are not giving me fits- for a higher Nautical XP gain. But as you mentioned, fighting them a couple levels lower can yield just as much XP because, even though you won't get as much XP per ship (as fighting ones a couple levels higher)- the battles against the lower ones will be easier and shorter, allowing you to fight possibly 2 in the time it takes to fight 1 of the higher level ships. So you get the same, if not more, XP in relatively the same time along with an easier more enjoyable experience.

With that said I think it is a good strategy to fight the highest level ships you can handle without the battle being a long, drawn out one in which the enemy ship has more opportunities to heal- and you are not having to spent too much time anchored in a sklyane having to recover ship health as well.

Fabulous tips Golden Guardian- ones that will surely come in handy to all that read them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Melody the Swift on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Oh- and one more!

If you arr a Witchdoctor, maybe (I'm not a Witchdoctor myself) spend some of your training points on getting skills like +6 on Stabby weapons, since Witchdoctors aren't good at close-range attacks. Then use stabby, smashy, or slashy weapons,(whichever class you chose to train in) so you can have strength in melee attacking too, along with your spells. A tip- I would recommend that you do Swashbuckler if you can because it does the most damage. Also, I don't recommend Buccaneer because you would have to train in "Big Choppy Weapons" too.

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21
Good tips Melody.

Surrounding an enemy is really good advice if you have melee attackers and the enemy is a buccaneer or privateer- sometimes a witchdoctor and musketeer, but only if you are confident that you can take them out relatively quickly before they have the opportunity to unleash the witchdoctor's uber powerful AoE attacks and the musketeers deadly bombardments. Also wise to keep your ranged attackers back a bit, one to avoid the AoE attacks and the rain of mortar shells/bombs and two to be able to provide covering fire for your melee attackers.

As for the witchdoctor tip, I agree that for all classes you should blend in other classes powers and epic talents to provide your pirate with another means of inflicting damage or compliment your pirate with another classes boosting/buffing powers because this, in essence can increase the damage done by your crew- and keep them from taking as much damage as well. Creating a hybrid class and combining elements of the other great classes can be a great strategy that can be tough for the enemy to handle in combat.

Thanks again for the tips Melody