Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Personalities

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Bernard Atherton the Bold

Bernard is very cautious when it comes to combat. He is Also the Spymaster in Quentin's family court of elites. He is an inventor just like his brother, but he prides himself in upgrading sparkthrowers, improving accuracy with little gizmos, he even invented his own disguising device called the personaficator. With the personaficator, he can become anyone he wants, so as long as they are scanned by the device. He is Quentin's oldest brother, since Bernard was the second born. He always gets the drop on the enemy when it comes to spying on them, he even once used his personaficator to steal an Armada conundrum machine. Quentin improved it to decode all conundrum codes, even if the Armada does change the codes, the new conundrum machine will decode it anyways but with the changed codes. Bernard is always trying to be responsible like his brother Quentin, but he can sometimes be a bit clumsy when he is trying too hard.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Modest Hank Ironside has always been calm even in the most terrible situations. He always accepts calls for help and continues to get the job done. He never expects anything in return for his good deeds. For example:

People of Marleybone: Oh no the Armada are attacking!
Hank:................
Random person: Help bla bla bla bla (quest dialogue)
Hank: I'll get it done
-----A couple minutes later--------
Same random person: Oh thank you so much, what to give you......
Hank: Don't give me anything
Person: Oh, Ok
Person looks up to see that Hank is gone......

Even when a situation seems hopeless, Hank never gives up.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Modest Hank Ironside has always been calm even in the most terrible situations. He always accepts calls for help and continues to get the job done. He never expects anything in return for his good deeds. For example:

People of Marleybone: Oh no the Armada are attacking!
Hank:................
Random person: Help bla bla bla bla (quest dialogue)
Hank: I'll get it done
-----A couple minutes later--------
Same random person: Oh thank you so much, what to give you......
Hank: Don't give me anything
Person: Oh, Ok
Person looks up to see that Hank is gone......

Even when a situation seems hopeless, Hank never gives up.
It certainly is a pleasure to meet you, Captain Hank Ironside. * Extends hand to shake, and smiles warmly* Selfless generosity is the kind of person I want to be too. (Even though my companion Ratbeard shakes his head and sighs that I am not being pirate-y enough!)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
Hellooo! My pirate, Crazy Elijah Hobart is a polite and kind person normally. However, if you make him angry, he turns into a berserker.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Silver joseph vane is nearly Identical to me infact he's my parallel doubleganger anyways he is very mature considering his age,he has a good sense of humor and is very honest and somewhat kind(but he does have anger issues) But he is somewhat cowardily and gullible another thing he gets from being my doubleganger

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
These are me and my friends pirates.

Wicked Jack Nightingale (me) is like phule: two sided in a way. he could be a faithful ally to someone, but could probably turn on them in an isntant. He has always had a high fencing interest. ( in real life too) also having great naval experience and great mind in combat makes people think of him like a privateer. he runs a big show with his crew, and he finds his way through tough fights. (he even soloed the wreck of the victory)

Humble Blaze Mainstay (my irl best friend blaze) is clever and a bit mishievous. he is a typical witchdoctor, but plays his cards perfectly almost every fight he's in, putting the endgame in his favor. he is one of vadima's favorites, excelling the greatest hoodoo with quick reflexes and sharp brains. he may not be a higher leveled character, but great where he is questing currently.

John Thatcher (my brother) is a wizard at pirating. he can bulls-eye from 500 yards simply. he's been a fan of archery, and not bad with aim, which began his range attack theme. he tends to be an underdog in PvP, placing checkmate epicly and perfectly when all seemed lost. his dragoon autocannon brings attention when he shows off what it and he can do together in a fight.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
My character is pretty much me. So I will be using ''I'' instead of him.

Sneaky Jonathan. My parents set out to find a tale of treasure but suddenly one day they were never seen again. Lucky Jack Russell my Godfather or well one of my parents crewmates that survived took care of me. Until one day Jack was locked up in the Presidio and he gave me to a bear tribe. There in Grizzleheim I learned to grow strong and run through a bunch of tests. My step-father was Winter-Horn, When I left that day........my step-father wished me a good adventure and if anything goes wrong come back to him. I sailedthrough the stormgate. Then it happened. I was taken from Deacon! Then Boochbeard and Gandry saved me. Along with my first companion Subodai. I am a short-tempered guy. I hide my strength. Well because I have a knack for being awkward. Also very clumsy. Ever since that day. Everything has changed. I am now the 1# enemy for the Armada. Well I guess everyone is now these da- * Coughs * Sorry there that Polarian Tea. It's pretty hot. I should let it cool down. Well that's my story for ya Highlander. Hope to see you in the spiral!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
It certainly is a pleasure to meet you, Captain Hank Ironside. * Extends hand to shake, and smiles warmly* Selfless generosity is the kind of person I want to be too. (Even though my companion Ratbeard shakes his head and sighs that I am not being pirate-y enough!)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Pleasure to meet ye, fellow captain. *shakes hand, and returns the greeting* I'm glad we both agree.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Liam Zest is more of the sensitive and serious type, yet can be quite friendly and generous. He is also known to be extremely clever, cooking up plans even before a battle begins. He doesn't have too much of a taste for loot and riches, which puts on the impression that he is not greedy at all (unlike some pirates). Liam always chooses fame over fortune, no matter what. Although, his fighting skills are incredible in battle, so you best watch out when he's angry.....

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Angel is the joker of the group. Or, well, he tries to be. I'm not saying that he isn't funny though. Rather, his brother steals the spotlight from him most of the time. This calls for some (okay, quite a bit) sibling rivalry. He's often caught quarreling with his brother over some joke that one of them said before the other. Despite this, he does love and care for his brother, even if he doesn't show it that often.

When in battle Angel is a force to be feared. He's not stealthy, but stealth doesn't really matter if the enemy is dead. With a good swing of his sword Angel can take down almost any enemy he runs into. Unless he falls down. Because running into enemies can sometimes make those involved fall. It can also bring on plenty of headaches, but those are minor worries compared to falling down in battle.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Impish Omar Underwood

Omar is a fun ,clever witchdoctor from Krokotopia. originally he was a student of Alhazred until he left his studies to search for his shipwrecked parents. Omar has traveled through many worlds and seen things like Wolfminster Abby in Marleybone, the snow caped mountains of Grizlheim, and the workshops of Florenzia in Valencia. He continued traveling and learning magic of various styles until a privateer crashed into him while running away from the Armada. Together they eluded them and soon brecame fast friends. they tried to escape Valencia and almost did until the Armada sent by Bishop caught us unawares and arrested us. We later escaped thanks to Boochbeard and Gandry and soon set off with a goat monk named Kan Po.

Omar's fighting technique is to let his foes come to him while he summons the dead and boosts his allies' power as much as he can. He is also very conserative with his bowers, waiting for the time when they would become the most effective. he is a natural prankster and can use his magic to play tricks, but takes battles and his magical studies very seriously. his main objectives is to make Bishop pay for what he did to him and scavenge as much as he can about Darkmoor, the mysterious land where his family comes from

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Zane... is always trying to be helpful as possible and teasing friends [ as a joke ] I love making youtube videos with my friends. I like joking around and being sassy at times. Hahaha

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Btw I'm hoping to be a writer when I grow up... here's a passage I wrote in the past when I was inspired by Pirate101
“You!” a fat man wearing a red coat pointed a fat callused finger at a young teen girl. “How did ye become a prisoner of the Armada? Give us the full story!”
The girl blinked. Too much trauma. First her parents were killed in a storm, during which a leviathan attacked and she had gotten a severe burn on her left arm, which would never completely heal. Then she and her best friend were taken in by the bear warriors of Grizzleheim and were trained to survive in any terrain. Next, the armada had laid their prissy little feet on HER land, capturing her and her best friend. They were thrown into different metal magic-proof cells across from each other with their weapons taken away, and now explosions were rocking the ship they were contained in, and, on top of all of this, a chubby one-eyed pirate with an over-dressed monkey on his shoulder demanded her life story.
Tell me what you think! :D
Btw i'm just exercising my writing skills on Pirate101, i'm not going to publish anything like this without permission first.
Elizabeth is a blonde-haired green-eyed teen who really resembles a monk more than a pirate. She's at one with the world, and puts up with her best friend's pirate-y attitude remarkably well. She prefers to fight with strategy rather than skill, and uses her opponent's energy against them, dodging their attack then kicking them off-balance on the behind. This young swashbuckler prefers to fight with her friends, however she does well alone. Elizabeth uses her surroundings to her advantage, running away from her enemies then tagging them into submission, hitting without getting hit. She is most certainly not the stereotype dumb blonde, which she strives to prove to the world.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Btw I'm hoping to be a writer when I grow up... here's a passage I wrote in the past when I was inspired by Pirate101
“You!” a fat man wearing a red coat pointed a fat callused finger at a young teen girl. “How did ye become a prisoner of the Armada? Give us the full story!”
The girl blinked. Too much trauma. First her parents were killed in a storm, during which a leviathan attacked and she had gotten a severe burn on her left arm, which would never completely heal. Then she and her best friend were taken in by the bear warriors of Grizzleheim and were trained to survive in any terrain. Next, the armada had laid their prissy little feet on HER land, capturing her and her best friend. They were thrown into different metal magic-proof cells across from each other with their weapons taken away, and now explosions were rocking the ship they were contained in, and, on top of all of this, a chubby one-eyed pirate with an over-dressed monkey on his shoulder demanded her life story.
Tell me what you think! :D
Btw i'm just exercising my writing skills on Pirate101, i'm not going to publish anything like this without permission first.
Elizabeth is a blonde-haired green-eyed teen who really resembles a monk more than a pirate. She's at one with the world, and puts up with her best friend's pirate-y attitude remarkably well. She prefers to fight with strategy rather than skill, and uses her opponent's energy against them, dodging their attack then kicking them off-balance on the behind. This young swashbuckler prefers to fight with her friends, however she does well alone. Elizabeth uses her surroundings to her advantage, running away from her enemies then tagging them into submission, hitting without getting hit. She is most certainly not the stereotype dumb blonde, which she strives to prove to the world.
Sounds like a well planned character in a good story, Elizabeth. Have you considered writing a story about your character (like extending this origin story here?) and submitting it to Pirate101 Fan Fiction? One-Eyed Jack is the moderator, and he is very kind. I felt very hesitant submitting my first story (actually, I always feel nervous submitting any of them... a sort of 'stage fright' I suppose), and it actually took me a few months to build up my nerve to do so, but One-Eyed Jack is most encouraging. So, take it from me, even if you feel anxious about submitting your stories, give it a try. It is good practice for writing, too!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
Dark Creighton is a double edged sword. (no pun intended) Though he doesn't mind helping do clean little deeds such as helping other pirates by perhaps beating sky snakes(i hate snakes) but he definitely doesn't mind getting his hand dirty either and causing trouble. Can be friendly sometimes but can also be very sarcastic. Mainly he's about all about "doing his thing". After all he has been an orphan for as long as he can remember. Though he's never really had parents to guide him through early life he has had his mentors, he was taken by a clan of ninja pigs which is why he is skilled with blades, though he has an interest in learn ways of a musketeer as well, Creighton is a true swashbuckler. Dark Creighton learned much from ninja pigs but he'll tell anyone he's learned his best from his trainer Morgan Lafitte who is by far his favorite trainer... perhaps for obvious reasons.

Creighton holds may goals, ambitious and sometimes even grudges. Grudges? like what? First off there is nothing in the spiral Creighton hates more than the armada. Anytime someone wants or asks him to cause havoc, or even destroy armada troops bases or even elites he's ALWAYS up for the task. Rumor has it when Creighton's not on quests he's in Valencia destroy troops and or marleybone completing missions for the royal navy.

His past is a crazy one though he's not bitter about it he still never likes talking about it. He's not a protective person but he is very protective of his crew especially his first mate (see me in the game you'll find out who that is) and a select other few and he knows that until supreme commander Kane falls no one especially himself is safe but he's anxious to do something about that. ( hope we fight him soon)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Sounds like a well planned character in a good story, Elizabeth. Have you considered writing a story about your character (like extending this origin story here?) and submitting it to Pirate101 Fan Fiction? One-Eyed Jack is the moderator, and he is very kind. I felt very hesitant submitting my first story (actually, I always feel nervous submitting any of them... a sort of 'stage fright' I suppose), and it actually took me a few months to build up my nerve to do so, but One-Eyed Jack is most encouraging. So, take it from me, even if you feel anxious about submitting your stories, give it a try. It is good practice for writing, too!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Oooh, wow! Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't even considered writing about Elizabeth's past... ^_^ *shivers in seat* What an excellent idea! Thank you! I'll make sure to check out your stories, too! I'll check it out, but I'm not still entirely sure I want to submit one of my stories to the public... these things are brainstorms from my private thoughts, and it took a little nerve for me to enter in that passage in the first place. I'll keep it in mind, though! Thanks!

~ Elizabeth (Lizzy, Liz)~

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
It's about time I post Amy's. XD

Amy Laverne is a diligent fighter with a concentration broken about as easily as diamond. She's a proud person, and also a bit of an annoyance. She's also very selfish and makes rivals easily due to how easily angered she is. Amy is also calm, yet very sly and full of attitude. She dislikes it when people she's fighting don't fall easily, and she fights a lot. She always likes to get on people's nerves and is really just outright rude sometimes. She can get a little headstrong when she thinks things are easier than they really are, and that doesn't happen often.

Oh yea, and Keira deserves a revise.

Keira has a tendency to go a little loopy when angered, and brings out her trademark scythe. She sometimes exhausts herself to the point of collapsing, because when she fights, she fights.

Ciao!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I was orphaned at four when the Armada killed me parents and I was set adrift to Mooshu. Several years later, I was arrested for fighting for a friend's honor after someone called him out, and the Armada caged me like a rat. Now that I'm older, I've despise them ever since and vow to destroy the root cause of it, Kane. Me mother's name was Mystic Molly, and me Father's was Rebel Ruth.

Naturally, I'm clever, spiteful, very trustworthy, and a fighter. I'm not only physically strong, but mentally as well. I'm rude to most and have a hard heart due to my difficult past, but still have a soft spot for children (specially orphans).

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
My Buccaneer Cheryl is an adventurous pirate who loves to travel and see new things and is a laugh a minute. But, she relies on teamwork heavily and may be afraid to go in places alone. But she will love her companions and will always be there for them! Ciao pirates!

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
Silver Wolf is not his birth name, but a pseudonym he adopted after leaving Marleybone not long after his parents were lost at sea. After their disappearance he and his brothers drifted apart, and eventually he left and began furthering his research into hoodoo in the less civilized skyways.

He is a bit of a trickster. He likes to catch people of their guard and surprise them. He's hesitant and cautious when he meets others. But he's a nice guy at heart. He usually tries to do his best to help others where he can, but he won't reject a reasonable reward.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Noble yet easily angered, Noah tough having the titel merciful is near the opposite in a rage. He always tries to be a good person and pirate. He is very intelligent and is loyal to friends. A tactical genius who makes errors once in a blue moon.
If you want to hear about my wizard's personality just say so.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Bonjour, Pirates! What can I do for you today? Oh yes, take some frosted Polarian tea... Catbeard got it imported through here for me. I also have some creme brûlées to offer! Yes, I decided to roll with the Polarian cuisine today. But we have normal flavor, maple, banana-chocolate (my favorite!), and dark chocolate. All of them are so delicious...

So, today I wanted to discuss character. How do your Pirates act? What are they normally like? Just wondering! This might be useful for my Roleplay threads too...

My main character, Sneaky Emma Everhart, is an impulsive tomboy with a spunky attitude. She's usually seen smirking and she loves teasing her friends and crew. She is easily annoyed and panics a little easily, though maintaining a calm exterior. She's a little cold sometimes when she feels like it, and can be a little bit insouciant or nonchalant.

Ruthless Keira Moone is more on the ominous side. She's quiet, kind, but yet very deadly when angered. She isn't as nonchalant as Emma, and is a bit timid or nervous sometimes. She's very circumspect, unlike Emma, and her personality opposes the blonde Musketeer's. She's not one to be the first on the battlefield, and has a very surprising sense of direction, danger, and toughness of her enemies. She's very observant and has a great attention to detail.

Cynical Savannah Underwood is more of a cynical person, as her name entails. She has a sour attitude and a snappish behavior. She's a calm, strategic type, and she's a lot smarter than she looks. She's bold sometimes, and gets a little cocky when she's battling. She is a bit arrogant but has a soft heart, and it's ironic how show offs get on her nerves.

So, those are some examples... Post here! I'd really like to know more about your Pirates. :)

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
I'll put up a tidbit on a favorite fiction character that I've written...
-
Warwick (pronounced "WAR-ick") Orleans is a complex case. He, after fighting in the MB/VA war for a few years and having suffered great hardship there, is more of an introvert than ever. Unfortunately, shy changed to snappy and sarcastic right away. Consumed by the false hope of his parents' survival of a ship wreck when he was little, Warwick will do absolutely anything to get one step closer to finding them, even if it means betraying Avery and making friends just to steal from them. If provoked, Warwick is quick to talk someone out of the picture and run away. He is a fearless fighter and doesn't stop at much.
Warwick has an inner shame, however, that pushes him to sometimes help others. When he was fighting for MB, a ship collapsed on him and a crew of companions. He was at that time only big-headed enough to save himself and his first mate, Sarah Steele. Sarah, in disgust of her captain's actions, left on her own. Warwick finds himself most vulnerable when there is too much happening to too many people at the same time without an option (whether positive or negative) for him. As a side note, he is very susceptible to magic. Warwick also acts on an honor system composed to repaying debts and will stick around to thank and repay before snatching up a compass and leaving.
As for his big-headedness, Warwick takes much pride in his fighting skill and will sometimes take two or three enemies out on his own by leading them away from the group and denying help. He hardly ever asks for it, too. He takes pride in his dragonscale armor and other relics of battle that toughen him. Warwick does have a softer side, though, and that's not when he's helped, but when he is gifted an item (or some Yum). He is reminded of receiving medals in MB and his pride rushes back, but in a way that it more open to others. On the inside, Warwick is actually very timid and unsure, but he doesn't dare show it.

Here are a few sample lines:

Person 1) "Hey, Warwick."
W: "Hm."
P1) "How's it going?"
W: "..."
P1) "Why aren't you talking?"
W: "Doesn't matter anyways."
P1) "What are you looking at?"
W: "A map."
P1) "..."
W) "...of the island."
-
P4) "Hey, let's go into the tavern, everyone!"
W) *sits down a little farther away from everyone else*
P4) "Come on, Warwick!" *slides mug of Yum*
W) "....thanks." (A heartfelt thanks, too.)

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
Corrupt Edward Teach a musketeer well known for his stubbornness and his helpfulness of those in need. he has many mottos a few of them are to always help others when needed. but only if they lose that battle or to under leveled to do so.also to not use skills from other classes as his pride will not let him to do so. plus he thinks it's disrespectful to his class . he is ruthless to his enemy's joking playing with them with his masterful use of traps and cover fire. he is largely arrogant and has a slight know it all personality. pirates and townsfolk alike call him teach because he gets very annoyed if you call him Edward .he teaches those that either need to be thought or want some advice.

although his look and air about him. seems that he is mean and prone to being insane as he always has a smile on his face or at least a smirk. also prone to random acts of laughter and talking to himself for no real reason like he is talking to a audience that is not really there. though out his travels as a pirate captain of the black feathers. he has made many a enemy for he has not a lot of mercy nor patience for understanding them. prone to pulling out a pistol whenever the need arises. interragating whomever needs it. he has a rather large collection of eye patchs and loves the ice element guns he even has the rare snowblasters snitched to perfection. he normally is seen around every skyway but mostly cool ranch due to the rather large number of pirates in need. he has many friends all of whom respects him and admires him at least a little

(to be continued)

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
he grown up with the rat pack far known to the ways of the rats and the mouses whom he considers brothers and sisters in a way. they thought him the ways of smuggling, the underworld and varying other underworld gangs such as the very well known frog father syndicate. as he grown up knowing of the rats lost of power long ago. he always trys to find a way for them to raise back to power. one of his more...deeper thoughts is taking over the frog fathers syndicate for himself and the armada although that could very well be a impossible task. and bring the rats of flotsam and scrimshaw back to there former glory if not more!

Thank You For Reading

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Robert, a crazy slightly funny, armada hating pirate(except phule he loves phule)
Robert Roberts, a more calm controlled pirate, known for emptying taverns of yum
Brom Roberts, a smart agile sniper( really hates other musketeers)